Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Thumbs up WoW Cosmology Chart (in Color!)

Nothing really to discuss other than how this looks 10 times better than the official art from Blizzard themselves. Just wanted to share it here since when I look at this, at least, I take the forces of the Warcraft universe a little more seriously.

This isn't mine. It comes from the WoW Reddit. Credit to the original maker.
    Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment...art_in_colour/

With a little bit of time, patience, and effort, things can be salvaged. Fans and players of this game have wild talent. Perhaps this guy should be looked by Blizzard for their media endeavors. Blizzard should also take note for their expansions and hopefully Shadowlands.
    Last edited by KOUNTERPARTS; 2020-05-09 at 11:47 AM.

That doesn't even look anything like the original.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Corroc View Post
    That doesn't even look anything like the original.
    That's because...

...it's not supposed to.

I always loved that map, it really conveys how small Azeroth is compared to the cosmos and how it's basically the battlefield of the cosmic forces.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Whether it looks better is subjective. I prefer the chronicles version.

Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    That's because...

...it's not supposed to.
    You named the title as wow cosmology chart in color when its more like remaster. Even in the reddit post it says "my attempt at cosmology chart". So yeah I'm going to trash you for shitty title.

Infracted.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2020-05-09 at 04:03 PM. Reason: Received Infraction

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    I always loved that map, it really conveys how small Azeroth is compared to the cosmos and how it's basically the battlefield of the cosmic forces.

I've always thought that too. Blizzard has taken great strides to make Azeroth, the planet, the most important part of the story of WoW, and to a degree I'm fine with that.

But there are always bigger fish out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Corroc View Post
    You named the title as wow cosmology chart in color when its more like remaster. Even in the reddit post it says "my attempt at cosmology chart". So yeah I'm going to trash you for shitty title.

Thanks for the clicks.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaggler View Post
    Whether it looks better is subjective. I prefer the chronicles version.

This is true.

I disagree.

I like the original more and do not see the appeal of the fan-made one other than the fact that it features WoW creatures.

7+ Year Old Account
    Super off-topic, but has the placement of Disorder and Order ever bothered anyone else? Like, why is the Light so close to Disorder? Why weren't Order and Disorder swapped, so that the Light, which is an incredibly orderly thing and wants to bring everything under its totalitarian sway, is closer to it?
    Sylvanas didn't even win the popular vote, she was elected by an indirect election of representatives. #NotMyWarchief

10+ Year Old Account
    the shadow "button" at the bottom isnt centered or lined up with the light one and it bothers me more than it should lmao

Quote Originally Posted by Troggdor View Post
    the shadow "button" at the bottom isnt centered or lined up with the light one and it bothers me more than it should lmao
    A lot of things are wonky and off kilter, this really should have followed a more geometric construction. Eyeballing the labels is a terrible idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Magical Mudcrab View Post
    Super off-topic, but has the placement of Disorder and Order ever bothered anyone else? Like, why is the Light so close to Disorder? Why weren't Order and Disorder swapped, so that the Light, which is an incredibly orderly thing and wants to bring everything under its totalitarian sway, is closer to it?
    Because it is opposite to the Void which is at the bottom.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Because it is opposite to the Void which is at the bottom.
    Yes, but why wasn't Order put at the top where Disorder was, that's the question. You would assume that Light would be closer to Order, and Void would be closer to Disorder.
    Sylvanas didn't even win the popular vote, she was elected by an indirect election of representatives. #NotMyWarchief

The fan made one looks too loud and like a mess. I think the original is alot better.

very beautiful . I like it more than the original . Mean haters :P

3+ Year Old Account
    I'd love a poster of this
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just how exactly does some single piece of art affect WoW? Am I missing something?
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

Because they aren't actually linked. Placement on the chart is not indicative of any kind of relationship beyond direct opposites.

Though IMO there's basically a star of david like setup going on... Life, Void and Disorder are more chaotic, Light, Death and Order are more ordered, forming two overlaying triangles.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Because they aren't actually linked. Placement on the chart is not indicative of any kind of relationship beyond direct opposites.
    If the only point of having the chart is to only show that some forces are diametrically opposed, then the chart would be absolutely worthless; you might as well just have them in a list. Most fantasy cosmology charts tend to have similar forces adjacent to each other, or at least structured in a way that visibly associates like with like, with the prime example being the D&D Cosmology Chart.

If the only point of having the chart is to only show that some forces are diametrically opposed, then the chart would be absolutely worthless; you might as well just have them in a list. Most fantasy cosmology charts tend to have similar forces adjacent to each other, or at least structured in a way that visibly associates like with like, with the prime example being the D&D Cosmology Chart.
    The point of the chart is to show which forces exist, not their relations to one another. This was explicitly stated by Blizzard. Mostly because it's a FFA everybody against everybody situation, so there's no useful way of displaying them anyway.