Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Yes AU characters should show up in shadowlands from what Blizzard have said, But they wont.
    Because its much too much work to figure out how to show so many different characters like that or they'll say "they're already lesser souls by time we get there" which makes no sense since uther is still around.
    Dragonflight Nerfs vs fun again show a Blizzard that hasn't learnt a lesson, Actions speak louder than words afterall watch what they do and do not do.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeBogina View Post
    but then we have Lady Vashj(who looks badass) that died on Draenor :/
    Its a tricky question. Think for I that since it is our timeline of Draenor, they would go to our SL and AU Draenor would have their own.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeBogina View Post
    But the lore is kinda why i play the game and I've been hoping they'd get some stuff right after that whole messup with alternative timelines :/

Really starting to think blizzard's current writers are all idiots
    you missed your time to stop playing during WOD which had so many rectons they should call it Warlords of DumbRetcons.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Men are NOT suffering societal hardships due to being male. That doesn't exist in most 1st world countries.

10+ Year Old Account
    "The Shadowlands are infinite."

Each universe probably has it's own spot in the shadowlands.

Quote Originally Posted by AlmightyGerkin View Post
    Its a tricky question. Think for I that since it is our timeline of Draenor, they would go to our SL and AU Draenor would have their own.
    Well so far no one from AU is in Shadowlands as of yet, right?

Though it seems like all of the backstory of our orcs has been retconned with AU's new lore(not just having 2 separate backstories), i wonder if Drakka will have some influence from the Drakka who's like a chieftain now in AU Draenor.

Still, Draenor and Azeroth and all worlds should really have their own Shadowlands, or hubs for their Shadowlands, or else we should be seeing a lot more alien races than all the familiar Azerothians.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Alexeht View Post
    you missed your time to stop playing during WOD which had so many rectons they should call it Warlords of DumbRetcons.
    Yeah, i thought it was fine that WoD had it's own backstory, universes diverged decades or so ago, but it seems all the changes in WoD are actually our timelines backstory now aswell... unless im wrong, never bought the 2nd Chronicles, but I remember reading the lore of it on here.

Also WoD and the horrible time issue it brought, i kinda did like the lore of the zones and races(more if it was only AU's lore) and I'm glad I stuck around for Legion. That expansion was really good in my opinion.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonHunter18 View Post
    Shadowlands is already a retcon to begin with
    Yeah it defiantly is. It was originally supposed to just be a monochromatic version of Azeroth (I..think?), now it's another world altogether even with it's own
    occupants/native races
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

10+ Year Old Account
    I choose to believe that all other timelines are as originally described, shadows of what might have been, because trying to reconcile a functioning multiverse with every revelation of WoW cosmology introduces too many contradictions and frankly demonstrates the terrible underlying logic of Warlords of Draenor.
    They didn't want us to think about the implications, they just wanted to go to pre explosion Draenor because they thought it was cool. Except we are nerds, of course we thought about the implications.

Alternate Draenor might be real due to it's connection to our timeline however. If I could ask one question of the lore team directly it would probably be to get some kind of clarification regarding how substantial it is given the merry havoc it plays with certain aspects of the lore.

Do those who die on AU Draenor go to an AU Shadowlands or the main Shadowlands? Or do those who come from AU Draenor go to AU Shadowlands while those who are from the main universe go to the main Shadowlands regardless of where they die? (Maraad would be a huge help here depending on where he ended up). Or does the substance of those from the shadow timelines wink out of existence upon death? Or is that substance somehow 'subsumed' into the soul from the prime, real timeline?

See what I mean?

The only thing I can say with certainty is I really hate Warlords of Draenor.
    Last edited by Obelisk Kai; 2020-05-11 at 10:17 AM.