Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth-Piekus View Post
    Werent some things though retconned. Do the books claim the same thing? Was Nerzhul also restored in the books?

Nope checked again the Rise of the Lich King and it specifically says that the weakened Nerzhul gave whatever few is left from his power to just turn him to his previous power when he was level 10. So the question remains if Nerzhul didn't lost most of his power how much could he give? I also noticed that Arthas was tired from the battle with Kaelthas so I am sure that plays an important role since Illidan was well rested.
    he is an undead, he cant be tired for a fight...

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    He kinda one-shotted her before she became a Banshee. Linearity of time is a thing and as such your reply fails to be an argument. Especially since Rise of the Lich King flat out shows him being concerned about the result of her Banshee wail.
    well while i disagree that he was concerned for her wail. and the fact i call her the banshee , i am well aware of how it transpired. time is not a factor here because she exists just to become the banshee queen in lore, i respect your opinions and interpretations, we will just have to wait and see how this plays out in game. i have never been a sylvannas fan shes to damn whinny for me but that is just my opinion.

you really cant appreciate a good narrative, can you?

Quote Originally Posted by Musta View Post
    you really cant appreciate a good narrative, can you?
    I appreciated Ner'zhuls narrative in WC3 very much

its such a shame Blizz just killed him off (and then again in WoD)

Quote Originally Posted by Life-Binder View Post

Dude, arthas was one of the best written characters in warcraft. Even w/o frostmourne he'd be on a good power level
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

Quote Originally Posted by omeomorfismo View Post
    he is an undead, he cant be tired for a fight...
    I don't know how that works. In the book it says that he was battle weared from the last fight with Kaelthas while Illidan was fresh.

He was weakened because Nerzhul was very weakened at some point.
    The book made it explicitly clear he was not weakened as the Lich King used a lot of his remaining power to reinvigorate him prior to the fight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

blizzard didnt kill nerzhul, he became the lich king..... do your homework first before coming here.

Werent some things though retconned. Do the books claim the same thing? Was Nerzhul also restored in the books?

Nope checked again the Rise of the Lich King and it specifically says that the weakened Nerzhul gave whatever few is left from his power to just turn him to his previous power when he was level 10. So the question remains if Nerzhul didn't lost most of his power how much could he give? I also noticed that Arthas was tired from the battle with Kaelthas so I am sure that plays an important role since Illidan was well rested.
    Yes, the book totally mentions Arthas' levels. Meanwhile in the actual book Arthas flat out proclaims the Lich King restored his powers. And there's no two ways about the word "restore", making the issue of what Ner'zhul could give or not utterly meaningless in this context. If the book claimed the Lich King granted him some unspecified boon you may have had a point. But it didn't, so you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by zhimm1011 View Post
    well while i disagree that he was concerned for her wail. and the fact i call her the banshee , i am well aware of how it transpired. time is not a factor here because she exists just to become the banshee queen in lore, i respect your opinions and interpretations, we will just have to wait and see how this plays out in game. i have never been a sylvannas fan shes to damn whinny for me but that is just my opinion.
    He outright stated that she may become a double-edged sword down the line. And that was even before the idea of undead breaking free from the Lich King's grasp was even on his radar. And your remark about how time is not a factor here makes no sense whatsoever in the context of what was said.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    The book made it explicitly clear he was not weakened as the Lich King used a lot of his remaining power to reinvigorate him prior to the fight.
    dk Arthas = Illidan before using the skull
    Arthas uses the powers of the weakened Lich King>Illidan using the gul'dan skull
    We remember that the goods with Illidan, Arthas fought with Kael
    "How long the trek through thick snow and scouring winds was, Arthas didn’t know. At one point he nearly lost consciousness while riding, so weak was he. He came to with a start, terrified at the lapse, forcing himself to hang on. He could not falter, not now.
    “You must make haste, my champion. My creator, the demon lord Kil’jaeden, sent his agents here to destroy me. If they should reach the Frozen Throne before you, all will be lost. The Scourge will be undone. Now hurry! I will grant you all the power I can spare.”
    (c)Golden Christie - Arthas: Rise of the Lich King

(c)Chronicle Vol. 3
    “Come now, little Illidan. One need not be as clever as you to understand such things. I see that unpleasant scratch on your side. It does not take any great intelligence to work out what happened since you have been away. You have the stink of the walking dead on you, and the taint of that great blade, Frostmourne. You encountered Arthas, did you not? And you were defeated.”
    It was the truth. Illidan had gone to Azeroth, fought against the renegade death knight, and lost. With that defeat, Illidan’s last chance of destroying the Lich King and appeasing the wrath of Kil’jaeden had vanished.
    (c)Illidan
    William King
    Last edited by trololo681; 2020-05-12 at 03:09 AM.

Chronicles say Ner'Zhul gave Arthas some of his power to battle Illidan

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by trololo681 View Post
    dk Arthas = Illidan before using the skull
    Arthas uses the powers of the weakened Lich King>Illidan using the gul'dan skull
    We remember that the goods with Illidan, Arthas fought with Kael
    I can’t understand why people believe in this stupidity. Because of their duel in Felwood? I mean, Arthas was constantly fighting and killing before, while Illidan was just in prison. He could not practice with his blades and could not use magic. He could only take 9 steps in the camera for 10 thousand years. And immediately after liberation, after a lack of practice for 10 thousand years, he is still equal to Arthas. If it were Illidan from the time of the War of the Ancients, he would destroy Arthas.

Lol, not again. Illidan was much more powerful than Arthas during their duel at the Ice Throne. When he applied magic and started burning Arthas alive, Arthas couldn't do ANYTHING. When Illidan approached to finish him off, thinking that Arthas could do nothing else, Arthas struck. If Illidan wanted to kill him as Xe'ra, Arthas would have no chance. I also don’t think that the duel with Kael influenced anything. It was a short duel and Kael did no harm to Arthas. And for the battle with Illidan, Ner'Zhul gave Arthas part of his strength.

Quote Originally Posted by Musta View Post
    blizzard didnt kill nerzhul, he became the lich king..... do your homework first before coming here.
    they had Arthas kill his spirit off in a battle of dominance inside the Helm, post TFT

do YOUR homework

Quote Originally Posted by darkoms View Post
    I can’t understand why people believe in this stupidity. Because of their duel in Felwood? I mean, Arthas was constantly fighting and killing before, while Illidan was just in prison. He could not practice with his blades and could not use magic. He could only take 9 steps in the camera for 10 thousand years. And immediately after liberation, after a lack of practice for 10 thousand years, he is still equal to Arthas. If it were Illidan from the time of the War of the Ancients, he would destroy Arthas.

Lol, not again. Illidan was much more powerful than Arthas during their duel at the Ice Throne. When he applied magic and started burning Arthas alive, Arthas couldn't do ANYTHING. When Illidan approached to finish him off, thinking that Arthas could do nothing else, Arthas struck. If Illidan wanted to kill him as Xe'ra, Arthas would have no chance. I also don’t think that the duel with Kael influenced anything. It was a short duel and Kael did no harm to Arthas. And for the battle with Illidan, Ner'Zhul gave Arthas part of his strength.
    It was almost like a dance, Arthas mused as the two warriors faced each other. Illidan was strong and graceful, his skills demonically enhanced. But Arthas, too, was no mere soldier, nor was Frostmourne an ordinary blade. The fight was fierce and swift; Arthas had been right. They were indeed evenly matched. After too short a time, both combatants fell back, breathing heavily.
    “We could go on fighting like this forever,” Illidan said. “What is it you truly want?”(с)Golden Christie - Arthas: Rise of the Lich King

"Few crossed blades with Arthas and lived to tell the tale, but the demon Illidan Stormrage was one of them.

With a mighty army at his back, Illidan stormed across Northrend to destroy the Lich King. He advanced through sleet and snow toward Icecrown Citadel, frozen capital of the Scourge. Upon finally reaching his destination, Illidan found the death knight Arthas and the undead barring his way.

As living and dead waged war upon each other, Illidan and Arthas grappled in single combat.

Armed with the mighty Warglaives of Azzinoth, Illidan assailed the death knight from all sides. The keening of their blades splintered the ice and shook the halls of the Lich King's citadel. Though evenly matched, Arthas gained the upper hand. Frostmourne tore through Illidan's flesh, nearly killing him.

The demon escaped with his life, but his wound would never truly heal. Years later, it would still ache from Frostmourne's icy touch."(с)Blades of the Fallen Prince, Part Nine

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kgmck177 View Post
    Let's see if I'm doing this right, using OP's asinine logic:

Varian is nothing without Shalamayne.
    Thrall is literally nothing without Doomhammer.
    Sylvanas is nothing without The Jailer.
    Wrathion is nothing without muh father's legacyyyy.
    Malfurion is just nothing...
    Tyrande is nothing without Malfurion and probably Elune.
    Genn Greymane is nothing without wolfman syndrome.
    Guldan is nothing without his own skull.
    The Lost Vikings are nothing without each other.
    Alleria is nothing without the Void.
    Turalyon, similarly, is nothing without the Light.
    Thalyssra is nothing without the Arcandor.
    Illidan is nothing without his demon powers. (maximum sarcasm here boys)
    Maiev is nothing without Illidan.

Need I go on?

i dunno man. im still scatching my head 15 pages into this thread on what is the point of all of this.

maybe OP is just upset Arthas smacked Sylvanas when she power slides into him?
    Or maybe he is upset that people like Arthas? I mean he is one of the few that had a pretty solid story written about him so im not sure why that would be the case though.

Mankrik's Wife is nothing because she doesn't exist.
    are you sure?
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

what is the point of all of this.
    Arthas fans dont give enough respect to Frostmourne and Ner'zhul

they think Arthas was some kind of super strong, genius strategist character on his own
    imagine thinking that

Arthas fans dont give enough respect to Frostmourne and Ner'zhul

they think Arthas was some kind of super strong, genius strategist character on his own
    imagine thinking that
    Not at all.

It was almost like a dance, Arthas mused as the two warriors faced each other. Illidan was strong and graceful, his skills demonically enhanced. But Arthas, too, was no mere soldier, nor was Frostmourne an ordinary blade. The fight was fierce and swift; Arthas had been right. They were indeed evenly matched. After too short a time, both combatants fell back, breathing heavily.
    “We could go on fighting like this forever,” Illidan said. “What is it you truly want?”(с)Golden Christie - Arthas: Rise of the Lich King

"Few crossed blades with Arthas and lived to tell the tale, but the demon Illidan Stormrage was one of them.

With a mighty army at his back, Illidan stormed across Northrend to destroy the Lich King. He advanced through sleet and snow toward Icecrown Citadel, frozen capital of the Scourge. Upon finally reaching his destination, Illidan found the death knight Arthas and the undead barring his way.

As living and dead waged war upon each other, Illidan and Arthas grappled in single combat.

Armed with the mighty Warglaives of Azzinoth, Illidan assailed the death knight from all sides. The keening of their blades splintered the ice and shook the halls of the Lich King's citadel. Though evenly matched, Arthas gained the upper hand. Frostmourne tore through Illidan's flesh, nearly killing him.

The demon escaped with his life, but his wound would never truly heal. Years later, it would still ache from Frostmourne's icy touch."(с)Blades of the Fallen Prince, Part Nine

Well yes. Why did you give me this quote? I just point out that it was Illidan, who had been in prison for 10 thousand years and had not practiced weapons or magic.

Again, why are you giving me all these quotes? I know all this. But you very conveniently forgot one, the most important.
    “This is what you have given me,” Illidan cried. His voice, bass to begin with, had somehow grown even deeper. Arthas felt it shiver along his bones. The demon’s eyes glowed fiercely in the swirling darkness that was his face. “This gift — this power. And it will destroy you! ”

A scream was torn from Arthas’s throat, and he fell again to his knees. Blazing green fire chased itself along his armor, seared his flesh, even dulled Frostmourne’s blue glow for a moment. Over the raw cry of his own torment he heard Illidan laughing. Again the fel fire cascaded over him and Arthas fell forward, gasping. But as the fire faded and he saw Illidan swooping in for the kill, he felt the ancient runeblade he still managed to grasp urge him to rally.

Frostmourne was his, and he its, and so united, they were invincible.

Just as Illidan lifted his blades for the kill, Arthas raised Frostmourne, thrusting upward with all his strength. He felt the blade connect, pierce flesh, strike deep.

Arthas could not do anything against Illidan's magic and won only because Illidan decided to go up and finish him off. If Illidan wanted to kill him as Xe'ra, Arthas would not be able to oppose anything to this.

Quote Originally Posted by darkoms View Post
    Well yes. Why did you give me this quote? I just point out that it was Illidan, who had been in prison for 10 thousand years and had not practiced weapons or magic.

Again, why are you giving me all these quotes? I know all this. But you very conveniently forgot one, the most important.
    “This is what you have given me,” Illidan cried. His voice, bass to begin with, had somehow grown even deeper. Arthas felt it shiver along his bones. The demon’s eyes glowed fiercely in the swirling darkness that was his face. “This gift — this power. And it will destroy you! ”

A scream was torn from Arthas’s throat, and he fell again to his knees. Blazing green fire chased itself along his armor, seared his flesh, even dulled Frostmourne’s blue glow for a moment. Over the raw cry of his own torment he heard Illidan laughing. Again the fel fire cascaded over him and Arthas fell forward, gasping. But as the fire faded and he saw Illidan swooping in for the kill, he felt the ancient runeblade he still managed to grasp urge him to rally.

Frostmourne was his, and he its, and so united, they were invincible.

Just as Illidan lifted his blades for the kill, Arthas raised Frostmourne, thrusting upward with all his strength. He felt the blade connect, pierce flesh, strike deep.

Arthas could not do anything against Illidan's magic and won only because Illidan decided to go up and finish him off. If Illidan wanted to kill him as Xe'ra, Arthas would not be able to oppose anything to this.
    No, this is not so. Arthas would have won this fight anyway. You are so incompetent that you ignored the ability to absorb magic and of course again ignored the facts.
    In even the fragment you quoted, you did not bother to pay attention to "Frostmourne was his, and he its, and so united, they were invincible.".

Infracted.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2020-05-12 at 12:21 PM. Reason: Received Infraction

No, this is not so. Arthas would have won this fight anyway. You are so incompetent that you ignored the ability to absorb magic and of course again ignored the facts.
    In even the fragment you quoted, you did not bother to pay attention to "Frostmourne was his, and he its, and so united, they were invincible.".
    What battle are you talking about? In Felwood? If yes, then can you give me the proof that Arthas would win this fight? Because of your Arthas fanaticism, you are so incompetent that you are trying to make your idol the strongest creature in the universe. If in Northrend, then what prevented him from starting to absorb magic earlier? Seriously, it's so funny that because of one Death Knight spell in the Wow, all Arthas's fans think that the Death Knights can easily defeat any mage. Seriously, I saw Arthas's fans arguing that Azshara couldn't do anything to him because he has an anti-magic shield. This is so stupid. Even in the battle with Kael, Arthas did not absorb magic. When Kael launched a fireball at him, Arthas was protected by armor, but he burned for several seconds before putting out the fire with his own magic. He never demonstrated the ability to absorb magic. Arthas won only because of Illidan’s self-confidence. Stop protecting your deity.
    This is just an expression. If they were truly invincible, Arthas would not have lost to Tirion. And should I remind you that Lei Shen can defeat Arthas? Because I love to do that. This is my favorite tweet because it caused Arthas's fans to stop talking nonsense and claim that Arthas could easily kill the Old God or Aspect and so on.

Infracted.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2020-05-12 at 12:22 PM. Reason: Received Infraction

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post
    Depends on how he is resurrected. If he's fully restored as part of said resurrection, then he's fully restored.
    Frostmourne hungers.