Page 29 of 37 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    in what way is it wrong you don't really elaborate rather you only seem to reply with no substance one liners that don't explain what you're you think you mean, elaborate if you can. but you can't because it is you that is wrong. in more ways than one. you're wrong about the impact you think gold has on the game play, your wrong about thinking that i'm wrong. everything i've typed has come from experience playing this game.

not trolling ppl and pretending i play the game.

i did a screenshot dump to my one drive not that long ago. my evidence that i play this game, and know exactly how it functions and what you need to invest into it to succeed comes from years of doing just that, succeeding by placing the exact amount of effort into it to achieve those successes.

https://onedrive.live.com/?id=10EAA3...0EAA32E26699DD

there is my evidence, i have screenshots in there that show I was around since the beginning, i think the earliest one has me in underbog heroic taking a picture of my +healing i had at that time, and the last one from tbc is me standing by a dead illidan. I don't remember anything you've said being a reality. I remember very little about the auction house because I barely used it, i went from beginning to end, with the gold i gained playing the game at my own pace. I don't remember extortionate price points on items because ppl had 1000s of gold, I remember items being priced so that they would sell. not so they would end up back in your mail box, unsold.

the fact remains players are only going to pay for items if they are priced appropriately. just because you have 1000s or tens of thousands of gold does not mean that the person you are trying to sell items to also has that much gold. or are willing to spend the amount of gold you are asking for, if they can get that item themselves and save that gold in the process.

if you have guildies or friends that play this game, actually that fucking hilarious if you have friends then i'm the queen of england.

but if you ever manage to become socially capable of having ppl think of you as a friend. these ppl are 10 times more important than any amount of gold you can grind in this game. if you know a person that can enchant. or make potions or cook food buffs, the amount of gold you need to succeed is significantly less than you suppose that it is.
    Last edited by Heathy; 2020-05-09 at 11:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Heathy View Post
    in what way is it wrong you don't really elaborate rather you only seem to reply with no substance one liners that don't explain what you're you think you mean, elaborate if you can. but you can't because it is you that is wrong. in more ways than one. you're wrong about the impact you think gold has on the game play, your wrong about thinking that i'm wrong. everything i've typed has come from experience playing this game.

not trolling ppl and pretending i play the game.
    You already know the answer to your first sentence I just told you it.

no you haven't said anything dude you're litterally just ignoring everything i'm saying and hand waving me away, but i'm not going away. i'm here until i get an answer or you fuck off quoting me.

explain in detail with words how what i've said is wrong in any capacity, explain it to me because so far you haven't you've said this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mosha View Post
    Wow that sure is a bunch of text that is wrong. Can you keep going?
    yes i can keep going on and on and on and on, until i get an answer with substance. with text that explains what you're talking about rather than talking out your arse hole. and claiming that is substance enough, well unfortunately, i'm still here left hanging by your lack of competence at explaining what you yourself mean.

one liners don't add substance to what you're talking about saying someone is wrong doesn't explain why you think they are wrong, i think you are wrong and i've explained in detail why I think this, now feel free to explain to me, how you think i'm wrong, in as much detail as possible.

then ill deconstruct what you've said and explain how you are wrong again. or how you've taken what i've said and ignored it. ignoring something doesn't make it wrong, it doesn't align with your opinion that is fine, it doesn't make me wrong just because you don't agree with it.

if you are older than 20 ill be suprised, i'm 33 if anyone is wondering, old enough to know what i'm talking about. old enough to have been around longer than most of you. when i bought this game I was 18. i feel like i'm arguing with a child.

'no you, no you, no you' its kindergarten levels of bullshit, answer the question or stop trolling.
    Last edited by Heathy; 2020-05-09 at 11:21 PM.

no you haven't said anything dude you're litterally just ignoring everything i'm saying and hand waving me away, but i'm not going away. i'm here until i get an answer or you fuck off quoting me.

explain in detail with words how what i've said is wrong in any capacity, explain it to me because so far you haven't you've said this.

yes i can keep going on and on and on and on, until i get an answer with substance. with text that explains what you're talking about rather than talking out your arse hole. and claiming that is substance enough, well unfortunately, i'm still here left hanging by your lack of competence at explaining what you yourself mean.

one liners don't add substance to what you're talking about saying someone is wrong doesn't explain why you think they are wrong, i think you are wrong and i've explained in detail why I think this, now feel free to explain to me, how you think i'm wrong, in as much detail as possible.
    I told you long ago I’m not reading anything past your first statement if they are wrong. No need to waste time on a novel I know is wrong, right?

so then i'm not wrong you just didn't read anything great well maybe read next time or why bother being on a forum, i read the posts that were going on before i made my first post, you quoted me first my dude, i argued my point you folded, gg. if you refuse to read anything then how do you know i'm wrong, again you're just full of shit and I think you are only here to troll.

if you aren't going to answer a simple question, then i'll just assume that you have no answer and we'll leave it at that. ok? great. ciao for now.

I told you long ago I’m not reading anything past your first statement
    Wow that sure is a bunch of text that is wrong.
    these two statements alone dont correlate with one another, if you're not reading what i'm writing you can't know that i'm wrong, its factually impossible to know something that you haven't read. you don't know i'm wrong because you said yourself that you didn't read it, how can you know i'm wrong if you didn't read it. make sense dude because you haven't made any yet.

i said in my first post that if i can't continue onward ill just stop playing it is no skin from my nose dropping one game gives me time to play other games, I have an SC pledge, I have tarkov EoD, I play a lot of steam games, squad/post scriptum, i play ultima online and classic mmos, eve online I have 2 character with a combined SP of over 120million.. I play fallout 76, I play roguelikes like dwarf fortress and CDDA, I don't need wow to make my life feel complete, this game to me is just another game. it isn't that fundamental for me, I'm playing classic and have an interest in tbc out of pure nostalgia, beyond that I don't care that much. I do refuse to start again though. I just won't continue if this is the way it goes. and i have enough games to keep me entertained indefinitely. for me wow is just one of many, a game i play these days at least, once or twice a week. generally as little as possible. i enjoy raiding but little else.

i think i'm not being disingenuous. about anything i've said. i've explain in detail why I think having a lot of gold is irrelevant and i'm waiting for you to explain to me the massive detrimental impact that a lot of gold has on a game that has limited gold sinks. and no perma loss.
    Last edited by Heathy; 2020-05-09 at 11:44 PM.

so then i'm not wrong you just didn't read anything great well maybe read next time or why bother being on a forum, i read the posts that were going on before i made my first post, you quoted me first my dude, i argued my point you folded, gg. if you refuse to read anything then how do you know i'm wrong, again you're just full of shit and I think you are only here to troll.

if you aren't going to answer a simple question, then i'll just assume that you have no answer and we'll leave it at that. ok? great. ciao for now.

these two statements alone dont correlate with one another, if you're not reading what i'm writing you can't know that i'm wrong, its factually impossible to know something that you haven't read. you don't know i'm wrong because you said yourself that you didn't read it, how can you know i'm wrong if you didn't read it. make sense dude because you haven't made any yet.

i said in my first post that if i can't continue onward ill just stop playing it is no skin from my nose dropping one game gives me time to play other games, I have an SC pledge, I have tarkov EoD, I play a lot of steam games, squad/post scriptum, i play ultima online and classic mmos, eve online I have 2 character with a combined SP of over 120million.. I play fallout 76, I play roguelikes like dwarf fortress and CDDA, I don't need wow to make my life feel complete, this game to me is just another game. it isn't that fundamental for me, I'm playing classic and have an interest in tbc out of pure nostalgia, beyond that I don't care that much. I do refuse to start again though. I just won't continue if this is the way it goes. and i have enough games to keep me entertained indefinitely. for me wow is just one of many, a game i play these days at least, once or twice a week. generally as little as possible. i enjoy raiding but little else.

i think i'm not being disingenuous. about anything i've said.
    Nah I already read like 3 of your books prior to telling you I was ignoring them, they were all painfully wrong. To the point where I didn’t think you even played the game. Like I said if you want to start off with something that’s true I’ll interact again. Until then, nty.

you mean you only want an echo chamber right well i'm happy to disappoint you.

I don't think I started my argument with the intention to troll or belittle other opinions i've stated everything from experience. and haven't used strawmen, logical fallacies and hand waving to get my point across. I haven't used any anecdotes either, just experience first hand experience, from classic tbc and from classic that is going on right now.

https://classic.warcraftlogs.com/gui...de%20profundis

this is the guild i'm in i should be in nearly every log, i've been slacking a bit on the last few zg runs but i have been doing other things, I haven't missed a molten core raid since week 2. my guild still i think has the fastest clears on our server for horde. bwl speed run tomorrow yay. hopefully we don't randomly wipe and we move up a place on the bwl clears. the alliance are difficult to beat salvation really makes a massive difference in pve.

do i play the game, well there is a warrior called heathy in those logs from that server, i have many screen shots i've taken so far and i can stream myself playing the game if that would be enough evidence for you. i can do either my warrior or i can log into my priest in bfa. i'm easy.

i haven't logged into my priest for a while now though so my bfa progress pretty much stopped a while ago, i was trying to get the mech spider mount from just doing the quest on mechagon but ultimately gave up. wow is really only fun for me if i'm playing with friends, some of my old friends from classic still play and we raided in legion, but when everyone stopped playing, it kills the drive to play also for me. just playing with randoms. I never really feel attached to the game if i'm not raiding with a guild and in a raid team. that raids weekly.

I don't know how much evidence you need but i can supply any and all to back up my claim and what i've said, through years and years of actually playing this game, tbc for me the first time, I wasn't working at all I no lifed an incredible amount through tbc the first time, i was healing heroics for everyone and getting saved to all of them for a decent amount of time, i probably stopped running them once I had full t5, then, they stopped mattering, gold didn't matter at that point and farming them was more chore than worth. for a long while though I do remember farming heroics to death wayy past the point that they offered any gear upgrades. I think I ended up doing them because other ppl needed them. but I did make enough gold to fund my progress through tbc, I don't think I really played shadow on my priest i've always been disc or holy. so my grind speed has never been the best, or my levelling speed, I do remember being the first person in my guild to reach 80, as a holy priest, maybe everyone else was slacking but, its never been a problem for me really. playing classes that don't grind so well has never left me in a position where I can't move onward.
    Last edited by Heathy; 2020-05-10 at 12:11 AM.

you mean you only want an echo chamber right well i'm happy to disappoint you.

I don't think I started my argument with the intention to troll or belittle other opinions i've stated everything from experience. and haven't used strawmen, logical fallacies and hand waving to get my point across. I haven't used any anecdotes either, just experience first hand experience, from classic tbc and from classic that is going on right now.

https://classic.warcraftlogs.com/gui...de%20profundis

this is the guild i'm in i should be in nearly every log, i've been slacking a bit on the last few zg runs but i have been doing other things, I haven't missed a molten core raid since week 2. my guild still i think has the fastest clears on our server for horde. bwl speed run tomorrow yay. hopefully we don't randomly wipe and we move up a place on the bwl clears. the alliance are difficult to beat salvation really makes a massive difference in pve.

do i play the game, well there is a warrior called heathy in those logs from that server, i have many screen shots i've taken so far and i can stream myself playing the game if that would be enough evidence for you. i can do either my warrior or i can log into my priest in bfa. i'm easy.

i haven't logged into my priest for a while now though so my bfa progress pretty much stopped a while ago, i was trying to get the mech spider mount from just doing the quest on mechagon but ultimately gave up. wow is really only fun for me if i'm playing with friends, some of my old friends from classic still play and we raided in legion, but when everyone stopped playing, it kills the drive to play also for me. just playing with randoms. I never really feel attached to the game if i'm not raiding with a guild and in a raid team. that raids weekly.
    Once again only read first sentence and you’re wrong again.... come on dude... an echo chamber is me wanting you to agree with me, I don’t care if you disagree as long as you make valid points. Now if you say something like “the inflation will be bad but it’s okay because you can farm mats for gold”, even though I’ll disagree that this is good, I can at least argue with it because it is technically true.

Get your first sentence correct and I might read the rest next time

no dude again you're mistaken an echo chamber is where you only want to hear things that agree with you. thats it. you only want to reply to posts that agree with your opinion you won't reply sincerely to my question because my posts don't agree with your opinion, its really simple, if I agreed with you, we wouldn't be having this discussion, you wouldn't keep trying to hand wave me away, i wouldn't need to keep replying to your half assed attempts at a retort. you have no substance in your posts, you've said 'i'm waiting to read something i agree with' that is all you've said, why are you even here.

imagine everything i've said is correct, instead of arrogantly assuming you are right. then we might get somewhere.

you still haven't explained anything to me yet, you've simply said 'nah nah nah you're wrong' without explain how you came to this miraculous conclusion, by the way i'm 33 how old are you, 12? because it fucking feels like i'm arguing with either someone who is extremely autistic or just flat out dropped on the head at birth. you definitely have a screw loose in the ol think box. might wanna get that checked before it causes you real problems.
    Last edited by Heathy; 2020-05-10 at 12:24 AM.

no dude again you're mistaken an echo chamber is where you only want to hear things that agree with you. thats it. you only want to reply to posts that agree with your opinion you won't reply sincerely to my question because my posts don't agree with your opinion, its really simple, if I agreed with you, we wouldn't be having this discussion, you wouldn't keep trying to hand wave me away, i wouldn't need to keep replying to your half assed attempts at a retort. you have no substance in your posts, you've said 'i'm waiting to read something i agree with' that is all you've said, why are you even here.

imagine everything i've said is correct, instead of arrogantly assuming you are right. then we might get somewhere.

you still haven't explained anything to me yet, you've simply said 'nah nah nah you're wrong' without explain how you came to this miraculous conclusion, by the way i'm 33 how old are you, 12? because it fucking feels like i'm arguing with either someone who is extremely autistic or just flat out dropped on the head at birth.
    Even though your first sentence is correct, it’s wrong because that’s literally what I just said what an echo chamber is. You called me wrong then repeated what I said, I honestly think you must have a fetish for being wrong at this point. Again, try again really hard on your first sentence and I might read the rest

all my sentences are correct i'm not reading your posts now only the first 3 words so if you reply to me again make sure you fit it into a 3 word sentence.

i've said all i needed to say and if anyone wants to chime in or quote me ill be ready to dissect this further. I think the postnaughts i've typed out already explain in great detail why gold means largely nothing, is an ever increasing currency that has limited uses. I can't really explain this any further, again if anyone wants to debate with me on this, the posts are here forever. i'm not editing anything else or requesting any posts be deleted.

if someone other than this retarded fool above me wants to actually discuss this sincerely ill be ready. my body is ready, my typing hand is getting cramps though so be gentle. I don't take kindly to being handwaved, strawmanned, or any other type of rhetorical fallacy you wanna discuss the impact of gold on the games economy fine, but do so from some sort of sincere position not simply saying 'your wrong' and then not explaining how that is so. because nothing can be gained from repeating what has just transpired. its circular and doesn't go anywhere. its also not very constructive and tends to derail the thread. mosha seems to be pretty pent up at this point so i'm giving up trying to engage in any discourse there, multiple times i've been told i'm wrong multiple times i've asked why he thinks that is so, multiple times hes told me he doesn't read my posts, i don't know how to get through to someone who is quoting me but not answering the questions i'm asking. ask a question, ill answer it, but don't leave me hanging.

i mean we could all just simply keep quoting each other and saying 'you're wrong' and then not explaining why you think that. it could be a fun game to play i'm sure the threads will be full of popcorn material. i mean, constructive discussion. or it'll be full of ppl saying you're wrong, and pretty much nothing else. which in fact won't be very constructive at all.

at the end of the day wow is likely the easiest mmo to play its easier than everyquest, its easier than UO, its easier than rift was, its easier than pretty much any and all mmo's i've played every single other mmo i've played is more difficult than wow. in more ways than one. progressing through this game, its based purely on the amount of effort you put into it, not how much gold you or the person next to you has. how much gold anyone has is irrelevant to the core progression of the game, ppl will play and progress no matter how much gold they have or do not have. there is nothing at all that is so paramount to progression, that it will be affected by how much gold you have or don't have. if you can clear heroic dungeons, you can clear t4, if you can farm t4 you can down bosses in t5, if you can farm t5, you can down bosses and get t6, by the time t6 is in the game. how much gold is required to enchant tier 6... 10 million gold? no just a few 100 gold if that. maybe no gold if you've farmed the mats yourself. explain to me in detail how someone who you might never meet or play with, having more gold than you affects your gameplay if you're farming a large portion of the mats yourself just by playing the game regularly. explain to me, how gold has any relevance once you have everything you need to be raid ready?. is there some magical gold sink that only ppl with millions of gold know about? or do they largely sit on their piles of gold that has no sink left to fill. because i've never wasted that sort of time grinding amounts of gold ill never use, i'd really like to know. all of the gold sinks i think are known at this point and there is no sink for 100's of thousands of gold and nothing that useful that you can by in large enough bulk for it to be worth, 100s of thousands of gold. or the time it takes to grind that much gold.

the epic boes from world bosses used to go for 1000s of gold, over 100k some of them, even in tbc, there were boe's on kazzak and the fel reaver by BT that auctioned for a lot of gold, but these items were somewhat rare. the only problem is that these items were only as good as tier 4, so they were replaced by t5, tell me, is it worth spending 100k gold on a weapon you'll ultimately replace with another item for free? does everyone in the raid need 100k boe world drops to make progress in raid content?

these are questions that need answering I already know the answer to them but i'm willing to hear another answer to this that isn't just 'you are wrong' with no elaboration on how I am wrong if i'm wrong explain to me how that is so. i'm thinking that the whole topic is blown way out of proportion simply because it really doesn't matter how much gold ppl have. because there are a limited amount of ways it can be used and none of those ways negatively impact the gameplay of anyone else. definitely not in a permanent way. most of the items in the auction house churn on a 2 day rotation, so what you see in there today, will be gone by monday and new items will be listed. you can't list items for that long, the markup on a lot of items means that you have to sell it for a reasonable amount or risk losing money to auction house fees. i could go on and on, but at least i'm actually discussing this rather than avoiding any discussion on this. I might not agree with everyone, but at least i've given substance to my argument and explained things sincerely. i do not think I am being insincere and I have no agenda to troll anyone for any particular reason.

the dailies in tbc also were never meaningful not really from a pve progression stand point, from a gotta-collect-them-all mount perspective perhaps, is collecting mounts more meaningful than core raid progression, hmm, this is probably where it gets subjective, there weren't many mounts to grind by tbc, they added some but the modern game has a better mount grind if all you wanna do is farm daily quests and mounts., tbc dailies were totally and completely optional. not required to progress through the core raid content at all.
    Last edited by Heathy; 2020-05-10 at 02:07 AM.

what is this hyper inflation ppl are talking about? Im playing 1g per herb just like in original vanilla.

yes ppl are full of shit and don't know what they are talking about. i'm seeing items at half the price of what they were in original vanilla, inflation means the price is meant to go up, so why am i seeing the price of items going down?

i've worked how much gold you roughly need to go through tbc and it varies depending on how many professions you have. the grand total amount of gold you actually need is somewhere between 8k and 12k how did I work this out.

800g for your flying mount skill
    5000g for the epic flying skill

the two, one time, biggest gold sinks in the entire expansion.

average assumption that you'll raid 3 days a week (for a year) and each raid costs you 20gold to do, 3x52 = 156 x 20, 3000g (if you don't wipe that much its likely raiding will earn you gold rather than cost you gold)

enchants, 3 tiers of gear, lets say enchanting a set of gear costs roughly 300g, you only need to do this 3 times so thats 900g.

9,700g from start to finish. its probably going to vary quite a lot from person to person, but you'll probably go through anywhere between 9k and 10k gold in tbc. and that is it, you don't need 20k or 30k or 50k or 100k. you need about 10k gold in total. spread out over the course of the whole runtime of that expansion.

once you've spent this amount of gold, you no longer have anything left to spend gold on that will directly further your progression, power or otherwise. and what is left is alts. which are optional. do you need alts? no. they are beneficial but not mandatory to have. to get your main from the beginning to the end. some ppl dump gold into their alts, some ppl use their alts to make gold so this will vary. even further. lets say for the sake of argument, you do want to play alts and get them epic flying skills, well then you're looking at an additional 5800g per alt, if a lot of ppl make alts and spend gold on flying mounts, this will further sink any gold ppl have farmed. if you wanted to do 3 alts, you would be looking at needing over 15k gold for just flying skill gold sinks. the amount of gold you'll need will increase for every alt you want epic flying on. what this will likely mean is that anyone who does have a lot of gold will most likely sink it into their alts.

lets say you wanted to have every single character as an alt and have flying on all of them, well you can have 10 characters, 10x 5800 is 58,000 gold. to unlock epic flying on 10 characters.

there doesn't seem to be much disparity in pricing between both factions on my server. I'm horde this time which is definitely the less populated faction (by a factor of 2 or more meaning there are twice as many alliance players than horde) but between the alliance and horde auction houses (i'm on pve so i can make both faction characters to check both auction houses), the prices are the same, righteous orbs are 23-24 gold and arcane crystals are 55-60 gold, I think the crystals have gone up mainly because of how many bindings have been dropping, there are a lot more thunderfurys this time around and its affecting the demand on crystals. I didn't see any bindings in original classic but i've seen 4 bindings this time, already. so they seem to drop more often this time around.

but even though there are a lot more ppl wanting a thunderfury and everyone apparently has millions of gold already ( do they really though? no they fucking don't), the price of crystals has gone up about 5 gold, they were about 50g average, now they are about 55g. so if most ppl have millions of gold, how come these crystals aren't selling for 100g each or 200g or 1000g I think its because the average player doesn't even have 1k gold. very few ppl have over 10k gold already. those ppl probably don't have a binding. or have any use for arcane crystals/arcanite bars. or they'll just grind these items themselves having them cost nothing.

you would think that if there were many ppl with well over 10k gold that these ppl would be setting the prices on items, but they don't, what is stopping ppl for example, buying out all the righteous orbs and relisting them for 50g, seems like you could easily double your money. or could you? I think someone will come along and under cut you again, listing orbs for 23 gold having their orbs sell, and your relisted orbs not sell. this is why having a lot of gold means pretty much nothing because you can't control what other players sell their items for. someone will always undercut you. so their item definitely sells first. then you have arcane crystals and arcanite bars, there seems to be a good few of these sitting on the auction house, I mean, 50 gold to someone who has millions of gold is nothing, how come these items are not cleaned out the moment they are listed? they are high demand and ppl should (according to the idea that most ppl have over 1 million gold) be bought out instantly. but they aren't. if ppl have millions of gold to blow on whatever they want, then you would expect all of the high demand items to be price hiked, but, they aren't. this disparity does not correlate with most ppl having more than 10k gold. if most ppl did have that much gold, the price of these high demand items would infact increase, substantially. but the evidence suggests that most ppl infact do not have that much gold.

you can list whatever you like for whatever price you like, but if it isn't competitive with the lowest common denominator, your items won't sell, period. you will always be undercut by the dude who just wants what that item is worth and nothing more.
    it doesn't matter how much gold each individual person has, what matters is how much gold you are willing to sell that item for, vs the guy next to you, the cheapest items always sell first, the overpriced items, very rarely sell.

so if you have millions of gold, and I have only a few 100 gold, you want to sell the same item as me, I don't have much gold so i'm willing to get anything for the item, so long as its at least the base value, ill list my item, cheaper than any other item on the auction house. if you want that same item to sell, you will have to list it cheaper than I have. just because you have a lot of gold, it doesn't mean you can dictate what the price of items is, the person with the least amount of gold does that. because they are the player who just wants some gold for their item, and will sell that item for the minimum amount that its worth.

the price of items is dictated by the player with the least amount of gold, because they are the ones who will undercut everyone, over and over again. these are the players that set the average price because these players are the ones who just want some gold for their item and don't try to over price items, you check what an item is selling for, and you undercut the cheapest listed item, so that your item is guaranteed to sell next and you get some gold for that item. rather than trying to over price items and hope that someone is stupid enough to buy that item for twice its value. if its listed at a reasonable price it will sell, if its not listed as a reasonable price it won't sell.

already typed an insane amount, but lets also remember that the aq-gate event is coming up so there is going to be some sink happening there. a lot of items need to be farmed to open the gate. there isn't enough bag space to save any significant amount of mats for that, with everyone bags banks and alts combined. so we've still got a big resource sink to get through, we still have phase 6. ultimately the prices of items during classic is based around how much gold you can grind in classic, the price of items in tbc will be based around the amount of gold you can grind, IN TBC. which was substantially more than what you can do in classic.

the rate at which you grind gold in tbc will overshadow the amount of gold you can grind in classic in one hour, combined with the flying mount gold sink, really it doesn't matter, if you end up with too much gold, buy flying on one of your alts. problem solved. your not going to be able to force the gold value of items to decrease just buy resetting everyone progress, the average amount of gold will go up because the gold sinks are quite large, when the majority of ppl need at least 6k gold to unlock flying, you set the average amount of gold that ppl need to farm, for classic you only needed about 1000g or 640g for the epic mount which means most ppl have or aim to have, about 1k gold, with tbc its 6k gold, so the average goes up by DEFAULT. the cost of the flying skill was likely set by averaging the amount of gold ppl had at the end of classic combined with the amount of gold you farm upto the point you're able to buy that skill, if ppl have no gold at the end of classic then the price of the flying skill should be lower than 6k gold. back to 1k maybe. or 2k or 3k. 6k was the number set when ppl were not reset at the end of classic and had some of the gold they needed to reach 6k.
    Last edited by Heathy; 2020-05-10 at 04:14 PM.

my opinions on the matter on how i want to see classic TBC come to be:

1. fresh 58s including space goats and BEs

2. character transfers with limit of 100 gold and nothing that is BoE being able to transfer with character

tho with nothing boe being able to be transferred im sure people would just find the best gray/white item to buy from vendor that has best gold return and stock up on it

Quote Originally Posted by Mister K View Post
    So it's just as special snowflake mindset right? Leave TBC as TBC, keep Classic as Classic.
    When TBC originally launched plenty of people were level 60 with raid and pvp gear from vanilla. Not sure what your point is

Said this before, but will say it again.

I think the most drama-free way would be 1:1 copies of Classic servers, where the original stays Vanilla forever (don't make them move, they were here first), and the copy gets TBC. No gold caps, no item caps, no character caps, none of this marxist nonsense. Also throw in one or two F R E S H™ servers for those who want them.

Hey presto, everyone gets to play the version(s) they want.

You're never gonna please everyone, but you certainly piss off fewer people that way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jyggalag View Post
    When TBC originally launched plenty of people were level 60 with raid and pvp gear from vanilla. Not sure what your point is
    Sure but at the same time no one knew what to farm, what to keep, maybe from the beta but now, people will utilise that. Worst case, give servers which you can migrate to and some that are fresh.
    -K

Quote Originally Posted by Mister K View Post
    Sure but at the same time no one knew what to farm, what to keep, maybe from the beta but now, people will utilise that. Worst case, give servers which you can migrate to and some that are fresh.
    There really isn't any old world materials that are important to farm aside from JC materials, but then again people already knew from beta what materials JC needed to level up.

Quote Originally Posted by Jyggalag View Post
    When tbc launched originally, vanilla as you know it was dead. Because every server was forced to tbc. So classic people asking to be transferred over to tbc while also having their safe space server where it’s classic forever is literally just asking for your cake and eating it too. That’s his point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mmocfd1b0ab5a3 View Post
    There really isn't any old world materials that are important to farm aside from JC materials, but then again people already knew from beta what materials JC needed to level up.
    Additionally, which might not be true for all comps but certain PVE items have strong set bonuses which will translate over to 2s/3s comps for S1. Thunderfury was also an extremely strong item (can't comment on Atiesh) and yes while people had it back then, it wasn't as widespread as it is now, all impacting gameplay. People have more time to prepare and god knows when TBC launches.

This is not an evolution of WoW from Vanilla to TBC, merely another version of the same game, there is no progression but it's very own entity.

If you knew TBC was something you would of preferred, why put all the effort in Classic, for the chances of your progress not being carried over?

Again, it's purely for the "special snowflake I don't want to loose all that effort, I want the best of both worlds" mindset. But then again, maybe I am just sour about that uneven playing field when TBC re-launches and not spent thousands of hours in Classic.
    Last edited by Mister K; 2020-05-12 at 01:08 PM.
    -K