Poll: Most damaging to Blizzard’s reputation?

Page 1 of 14
... LastLast

Most damaging Blizzard action

Blizzard’s name isn’t as clean as it used to be. This year and last saw lots of actions damaging to their good name. Which, in your opinion, was the worst thing Blizzard has done?
    Last edited by Ashleyxoxo; 2020-05-13 at 09:14 AM.

Blitzchung by far. Its a worrying trend in the world, all the others are just how the industry is moving (Bad refreshes, or catering to new areas, but done poorly). Edit: Just because people moved on quickly, not as much attention 1-2 months after, does not mean it aint important. Stop tagging me with this 7 times....

Also, gaming companies are not isolated from the world, I don't see employee's at Blizzard speaking up against the company because Warcraft reforged didn't do what you would have liked it to do...I still enjoy playing the old custom games, through I ofc wish more would had been done to make the modding scene to grow, so we could get new maps.

Its ideology vs making money. I can live with a company doing stupid shit, if they don't cater in such an obvious way to a tyrany that will affect us all eventually...not like it aint already doing it now with corona...
    Last edited by Djuntas; 2020-05-13 at 11:53 AM.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    Blitzchung by far. Its a worrying trend in the world, all the others are just how the industry is moving (Bad refreshes, or catering to new areas, but done poorly).
    It would be, if people remembered Blitzchung a month after it happened.

In large scale nobody gave a fuck because Blizzard worked by their own rulebook.

WoD. Everything else on that list has been forgotten about by now, but WoD is still brought up as the absolute lowest WoW has ever been.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

15+ Year Old Account
    Sub count was never a "public stat" to begin with, they only reported on it because numbers going up looked good. WoD was a temporary bumpy road followed up by Legion, which is generally praised. Classic is a thing. Diablo 4 is a thing. Reforged will be fixed and improved eventually, and it's an old game anyway.

And all of those really only affect their reputation amongst people who have already bought into the Blizzard gaming community, who are generally quick to forgive if Blizzard delivers something new and fun to play. People talk shit about WoD, but they're still here playing and talking about WoW.

The Blitzchung Incident tarnished their reputation within the industry as a whole. It's now how a lot of people know Blizzard, and it will disuade many new players from trying their games to begin with. It's going to resurface every time they announce something new, in every article and comment section.
    Last edited by Kathranis; 2020-05-13 at 09:29 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Firing the vast majority of their customer service and QA departments. Goes to show they don’t care about making a polished product anymore, the only care about short term profits and appeasing stockholders. It’s disgusting and shame on blizzard for being such a gigantic cuck

Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    Blitzchung by far. Its a worrying trend in the world, all the others are just how the industry is moving (Bad refreshes, or catering to new areas, but done poorly).
    99.9% of people who supported blitzchung, when clearly he was in the wrong, are spineless idiots that went back to playing blizzard games 5 minutes later after letting everyone know how upset they are.

Imo blizzard should have banned him for life to make an example that morons don't have the right to pull swj garbage/politics/whatever else into events like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ladey Gags View Post
    Firing the vast majority of their customer service and QA departments. Goes to show they don’t care about making a polished product anymore, the only care about short term profits and appeasing stockholders. It’s disgusting and shame on blizzard for being such a gigantic cuck
    I love this paradox.

"Blizzard makes bad games because they want money"

Other: D3 Launch was the worst game in history by Blizzard at that point. Damaged their reputation the most. HotS also was a bad game by Blizzard standards. Those two hurt their reputation the most from a gamer perspective. Before that Blizz stood for AAA super fun never dropping the ball studio.

Quote Originally Posted by Qnubi View Post
    Other: D3 Launch was the worst game in history by Blizzard at that point. Damaged their reputation the most. HotS also was a bad game by Blizzard standards. Those two hurt their reputation the most from a gamer perspective. Before that Blizz stood for AAA super fun never dropping the ball studio.
    HotS was not bad. Just way to late fpr a Moba. D3 Real Money debacle wasn't good but not as damaging as the whole Diablo: Immortal thing.
    Blitzchung... meh. Don't think that affected them at all tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    HotS was not bad. Just way to late fpr a Moba. D3 Real Money debacle wasn't good but not as damaging as the whole Diablo: Immortal thing.
    Blitzchung... meh. Don't think that affected them at all tbh.
    Pretty much everyone after D3 launch said that Blizz never dropped the ball as much as they did with D3. It was outrageous and by far the biggest failure in Blizzard history. I started D3 with 15ish people, and nobody but one liked it.
    Last edited by Qnubi; 2020-05-13 at 09:55 AM.

Diablo Immortal was a big failure, but Wc3:R? It's an abomination. I totally lost any hype or hope for any Blizzard game because of that.

It's beyond me, how can a big company release a fucking unfinished game, when you had finished game already... just needed graphics upgrade, nothing more, nothing less.
    But they tried to bite more than they could chew. They wanted to add new cinematics, new heroes skins(like adding female version of other heroes, wtf?), the new UI etc. They fucked up BIG this time. And they're beyond redemption.

https://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/w...t-iii-reforged
    This what happens if you shit on your player base.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostile View Post
    I love this paradox.

"Blizzard makes bad games because they want money"
    quantity =! quality

I'm not fortnite hater or something, but it's subjectively much worse game than, for example, Starcraft. But it does earn much more money. The gaming industry changed to money-making machine and most of it is P2W or some other stupid DLCs, such as skins. The main target are probably teenagers and kids who are willing to pay for useless pixels with their parents money.
    Last edited by Eazy; 2020-05-13 at 09:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post

I'm not fortnite hater or something, but it's subjectively much worse game than, for example, Starcraft. But it does earn much more money.
    It's also on a market that is larger by a hilarious margin.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    WoD. Everything else on that list has been forgotten about by now, but WoD is still brought up as the absolute lowest WoW has ever been.
    WoD at least had fun classes and rotations, the leveling was also great + the raids.

Outside of that though? Eh.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostile View Post
    It's also on a market that is larger by a hilarious margin.
    Yes, I totally agree and I already edited my post.

Well it has been one big rollercoaster of shitshow ever since the DoN't YoU HaVE phOnES?!! -incident.

But bowing down to The Pooh when Blitzchung dared to say he supports human rights gotta be the biggest mistake they made during the past year and half.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Well it has been one big rollercoaster of shitshow ever since the DoN't YoU HaVE phOnES?!! -incident.

But bowing down to The Pooh when Blitzchung dared to say he supports human rights
    I don't think those were the words he used.

Quote Originally Posted by AryuFate View Post
    Blizzard’s name isn’t as clean as it used to be. This year and last saw lots of actions damaging to their good name. Which, in your opinion, was the worst thing Blizzard has done?
    Honestly? I think WC3 Reforged is the biggest blunder they've ever had. PR disasters eventually fade with time (And yes, even the Diablo Immortal one will fade).

But when you put a bad PRODUCT out? That sticks with you. Especially when you merge the new and old game onto the same platform/launcher/servers/whatever they did. Insanely braindead what they did there. Either a complete lack of knowledge of where the game wasn't at, or they just didn't care.

Quote Originally Posted by Wheeler View Post
    Honestly? I think WC3 Reforged is the biggest blunder they've ever had. PR disasters eventually fade with time (And yes, even the Diablo Immortal one will fade).

But when you put a bad PRODUCT out? That sticks with you. Especially when you merge the new and old game onto the same platform/launcher/servers/whatever they did. Insanely braindead what they did there. Either a complete lack of knowledge of where the game wasn't at, or they just didn't care.
    Better save your Diablo 2 CDs. If the remaster is true, it gonna be destroyed like WC3 was.

Perfect thread showing that almost no one has any idea what they are typing about and few actually have a realistic reason for hating on Blizzard.