Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

Police Kill Innocent Woman in Wrongful Raid

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...xf4-story.html

So they had killed an EMT because they started firing inside after conducting a raid... with bullets going into neighbour's apartments. They executed A SEARCH WARRANT AT A WRONG HOME WHEN THE SUSPECT THEY WANTED WAS ALREADY IN CUSTODY BECAUSE THERE WAS A PREVIOUS RAID THAT SAME DAY, SO WHAT THE FUCK

And the police union is upset because apparently they feel releasing a person who shot an officer who performed an unjust raid and killed someone is a slap in the face.

And people wonder why we have issues with police.

When an officer can conduct an illegal raid and kill someone and the issue the police union has is that the innocent citizen shot at intruders you really don't have to wonder.

How many countries do no knock raids all willy nilly? Why in the fuck does America love doing these raids? It isn't like they're trying to arrest fucking gang leaders, cartels, or terrorists.

The union representing Louisville Metro Police officers lashed out at a local judge Friday for releasing from jail an inmate who allegedly shot a police officer earlier this month, calling the action “a slap in the face to everyone wearing a badge.”

But an attorney for Kenneth Walker claims police conducted an improper raid, which led to officers shooting an innocent woman eight times, killing her. The woman, 26-year-old Breonna Taylor, was a certified EMT working at two local hospitals.

Defense attorney Rob Eggert said police burst in Taylor's home without announcing their presence and fired at least 22 times, with bullets going into neighboring apartments, and “it was incredible that Mrs. Taylor was the only one killed.”

“Had Breonna Taylor been killed by anyone except police, the person or persons responsible for her death would have been charged with a homicide,” Eggert said in a court document, also alleging Walker is a “victim of police misconduct.”
    Taylor’s family says neither Walker nor Taylor was involved in drugs and believe police were looking for someone else.

“These are two good kids,” said Bianca Austin, Taylor’s aunt. “This is incompetent police work. My niece lost her life over this.”

Austin said LMPD has not given the family any answers as to what happened.

An attorney representing the family, Sam Aguiar, said police were actually looking for someone else and other officers had picked the suspect up at his home in a separate raid shortly before the shooting.
    He said the couple was terrified and called 911 to report a possible home invasion burglary by unknown intruders. The lawyer said the couple’s building had “paper-thin walls,” and four neighbors already have signed affidavits saying that they didn’t hear police identify themselves.
    Crump said Walker was a licensed gun owner who pulled out a permitted weapon and fired at some point during the chaos.
    And when shit goes wrong, police refuse to give answers.

So they burst into homes looking for people they actually already arrested, kill an innocent woman. Arrest a man who had legal grounds to fire at intruders, a man who called the police because he had intruders. And then get mad that a judge ordered the man let go, and refuse to give the family answers while contesting that essentially they did nothing wrong?
    Last edited by Themius; 2020-05-13 at 02:51 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Another sad part about this is, i don't even have the click the article to know what skin complexion she had.

It is very sad when this kind of thing happens. And angering. I hope, but doubt, that there will be any kind of consequences for those who made this happen. I really get the impression that some kind of overhaul in parts of the US is needed in the way it polices, in some places it just makes it very difficult to build community trust and relationships. The book Talking to Strangers by Malcolm Gladwell has some very interesting stuff on this, the relationship with the police and how some of these tragedies/travesties take place, along with the overarching systems police find themselves working under. Stuff like this also raises questions about some of the people who join the police. Not an anti police rant, most police officers are doing their best in what can be exceptionally difficult circumstances. Even if it is just a minority, it is a prominent one that can't be ignored. Being able to communicate as a police officer is so fucking important.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post

Remember, legally no one sane takes Tucker Carlson seriously.

Incoming "Why don't you post police save lives stories?"

Why is it that officers are not charged with murder or manslaughter more often? Is it some kind of safety net for when things go south out of their control?
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD

Quote Originally Posted by Zeth Hawkins View Post
    Why is it that officers are not charged with murder or manslaughter more often? Is it some kind of safety net for when things go south out of their control?
    There is a video of her picking up an item and the putting it down at a convenience store that same day. Looks like she was going to rob the place.

10+ Year Old Account
    Police unions have become all powerful, they are judge and jury when it comes protecting their own.

It's about lack of transparency and accountability. There is an inherent bias when law enforcement is tasked with investigating themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by tehealadin View Post
    It is very sad when this kind of thing happens. And angering. I hope, but doubt, that there will be any kind of consequences for those who made this happen. I really get the impression that some kind of overhaul in parts of the US is needed in the way it polices, in some places it just makes it very difficult to build community trust and relationships. The book Talking to Strangers by Malcolm Gladwell has some very interesting stuff on this, the relationship with the police and how some of these tragedies/travesties take place, along with the overarching systems police find themselves working under. Stuff like this also raises questions about some of the people who join the police. Not an anti police rant, most police officers are doing their best in what can be exceptionally difficult circumstances. Even if it is just a minority, it is a prominent one that can't be ignored. Being able to communicate as a police officer is so fucking important.
    It really isn't a minority, it is systemic. An state officer once arrested an officer for speeding to his off duty job. Then an entire department threatened, harassed, and drove by her home , and calls. Illegally using the computer systems to hunt her.

Officers stand by and watch what happens... and say nothing.

The problem is America for some reason feels officers are the law, not enforcers of law, yet officers are poorly versed in law.

You must go to school for three years of study and have internships and such to become a lawyer, yet you can enforce law after a few months? Bah, officers should be 2 years at least of law education.

More than that America compartmentalises officers to no end. We have Federal, then state, then county, then each individual town. It leads to different training methods, the festering of corruption at particular departments who show a blind eye to falsified reports (like in Florida).

An answer would be to have 50 departments, one for each state, and then federal. At least then you get consistent training at the state level and it becomes easier to implement changes.

An no more of this few months of training... absolutely ridiculous.
    Last edited by Themius; 2020-05-13 at 04:00 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    Another sad part about this is, i don't even have the click the article to know what skin complexion she had.
    I knew the country this happened in and the skin complexion just from reading the thread title...
    Last edited by Cerilis; 2020-05-13 at 03:54 PM.

Once the gunfire ended, Walker was arrested and charged with attempting to murder one of the police officers serving the warrant.
    America never ceases to amaze when it comes to things of this nature. If they didn't announce themselves, he had every right to shoot and should be given compensation for the murder of her girlfriend, not charged with attempted murder of a police officer.
    Besides, even if they hypothetically announced themselves, it's clearly they didn't do so loudly enough (despite the house having paper-thin wall, which is another point I believe very easily, knowing how most American buildings are built). And even from a cop's point of view, especially in America where guns are everywhere, wouldn't it be in their interest as well to loudly and properly announcing themselves before barging in?
    Quote Originally Posted by Adolecent View Post
    I'm getting infracted by an American moderator on an American topic promoting/advocating weapons on a childrens forum, what else to expect on an American forum. I'm done here and i'm going to leave you one thing to remember:
    [extremely graphic picture of dead children]
    Hope you sleep well. With the lack of empathy the majority of you show i guess that won't be a problem. BB

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    It really isn't a minority, it is systemic. An state officer once arrested an officer for speeding to his off duty job. Then an entire department threatened, harassed, and drove my her home , and calls. Illegally using the computer systems to hunt her.

Officers stand by and watch what happens... and say nothing.

The problem is America for some reason feels officers are the law, not enforcers of law, yet officers are poorly versed in law.

You must go to school for three years of study and have internships and such to become a lawyer, yet you can enforce law after a few months? Bah, officers should be 2 years at least of law education.

More than that America compartmentalises officers to no end. We have Federal, then state, then county, then each individual town. It leads to different training methods, the festering of corruption at particular departments who show a blind eye to falsified reports (like in Florida).

An answer would be to have 50 departments, one for each state, and then federal. At least then you get consistent training at the state level and it becomes easier to implement changes.

An no more of this few months of training... absolutely ridiculous.
    Tack on there should be no in house investigators for the police. All oversight is done by third party with no connections to the police. Far too often investigations into the police are swept under the rug because of that blue wall crap.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cerilis View Post
    I knew the country this happened in and the skin complexion just from reading the thread title...
    Well if shooting is in the headline of the article then the odds are high on it being about something in America.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coolthulhu View Post
    America never ceases to amaze when it comes to things of this nature. If they didn't announce themselves, he had every right to shoot and should be given compensation for the murder of her girlfriend, not charged with attempted murder of a police officer.
    Besides, even if they hypothetically announced themselves, it's clearly they didn't do so loudly enough (despite the house having paper-thin wall, which is another point I believe very easily, knowing how most American buildings are built). And even from a cop's point of view, especially in America where guns are everywhere, wouldn't it be in their interest as well to loudly and properly announcing themselves before barging in?
    If some documentaries or commentaries i watched about this are anything to go by they are on purpose trained by a group that advocates an extremely aggressive approach to policing.

Did a quick search on my Netflix account, Hasan Minhaj's "The Patriot act, Season 4, episode 1. It address the problem with unions and how the problematic culture in place.

10+ Year Old Account
    How is it that the majority of these botched no knock raids always end up being at the wrong residence?

This whole "he said, she said" about the police announcing who they were or not is so annoying. No body camera footage of it to support either stories just makes this a shit show even more.

I don't care what you thought was going on, the moment you draw a gun and kill someone you should be held responsible for the reality of the situation, not what you felt or what wrong information you were given.

These police are murderers.

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    If some documentaries or commentaries i watched about this are anything to go by they are on purpose trained by a group that advocates an extremely aggressive approach to policing.

Did a quick search on my Netflix account, Hasan Minhaj's "The Patriot act, Season 4, episode 1. It address the problem with unions and how the problematic culture in place.
    I might watch that, the guy seems entertaining enough, thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adolecent View Post
    I'm getting infracted by an American moderator on an American topic promoting/advocating weapons on a childrens forum, what else to expect on an American forum. I'm done here and i'm going to leave you one thing to remember:
    [extremely graphic picture of dead children]
    Hope you sleep well. With the lack of empathy the majority of you show i guess that won't be a problem. BB

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post
    Incoming "Why don't you post police save lives stories?"
    To those people I say police saving lives is what they're supposed to be doing, stories telling of police doing their job would be like telling stories of a hairdresser cutting someones hair, its their job.

I don't see how this isn't a murder charge. There is literally zero justification for this.

EDIT: Oh look, she's black. What a surprise.
    Last edited by Jonnusthegreat; 2020-05-13 at 05:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    How is it that the majority of these botched no knock raids always end up being at the wrong residence?

This whole "he said, she said" about the police announcing who they were or not is so annoying. No body camera footage of it to support either stories just makes this a shit show even more.
    Easy, make it that if cops dont have body cam, they are instantly in the wrong. Fucking record your shit corrupt trash.

Quote Originally Posted by minteK917 View Post
    Easy, make it that if cops dont have body cam, they are instantly in the wrong. Fucking record your shit corrupt trash.
    I don't think "Guilty until proven innocent" is going to gain any traction in 2020. That's not saying the current situation is good.