Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Do you guys ever grind old reputations?

Not sure why lately but I feel like maxing reputations is cool and fun.

I'm currently only maxed out on BFA and Legion expansions.

Would it be terrible to go back and grind rep from previous expansion? Is there a quick way to do it, or are you still locked behind doing dailies?

I've done alot of Argent Tournament ( one of the best daily quest hubs, fight me ) dailies lately to get all the mounts and mog stuff from there.

But thats not really a reputation so I guess that doesn't count.

Played my first main for all addons up to legion, so no need to farm old rep. When legion came out I switched to my new main did not refarm the old rep, but it feels pretty bad. Perhaps I am going to do that at some point, but since achievements are account wide, there is no real value to it.

Yeah I get it. I just have this OCD thing where I feel like at least one character (a main) needs to have all exalted reps. stupid, i know...

The only rep I don't have exalted is the WSG.

Absolutely cannot stand that rep. Bullshit farm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald Hellscream View Post
    I've done alot of Argent Tournament ( one of the best daily quest hubs, fight me ) dailies lately to get all the mounts and mog stuff from there.

Ok i will. It was pain in Lich king expansion.

Eh... I kinda want too since my main in Classic has so many exalted reputations from Vanilla that I don't have on my retail main lol. Feelsbad looking at the tab and wondering why on earth i haven't taken the time to do it... but then again I'd have to stop being a bridge boi solo farming tigers and crocs in ZG to do that and...well... that's a time cost I think I'd rather not sink elsewhere.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Got everything at exalted, bar the goblin towns, the classic pvp factions and Ogri'la... Seriously; fuck Ogri'la!

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

you can buy just about any old reputation for timewalking badges, so no need to grind them.

a few have some nice tricks too, iirc mop has bonus rep for alts you can buy. vanilla and maybe wotlk have tabards. stuff like that.
    Last edited by Hellobolis; 2020-05-13 at 05:25 PM.

Yes. Did it on my old main and doing it again on my new one for fun, even though I already technically have the achievements and rewards.

In fact, farming old rep is much more fun than Legion onwards IMO. I can’t even say why - maybe reading quest text feels more immersive than an NPC shouting via Azerothian Bluetooth? Maybe the old dailies generally being confined to one small, contained area makes it feel less overwhelming? Maybe the final exalted rewards are all right there at the vendor without any Paragon bullshit or any other kind of extra RNG or serious gold farm attached at the end?

Honestly, no idea.
    Last edited by Fumu; 2020-05-13 at 05:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellobolis View Post
    you can buy just about any old reputation for timewalking badges, so no need to grind them.
    I've got to research this... Had no idea

Quote Originally Posted by Warzog21 View Post
    I've got to research this... Had no idea
    https://www.wowhead.com/search?q=timewalking+vendor

look at the commendations these guys sell. note that they are BoA so you can buy 10 per char that does 1 timewalking dungeon.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellobolis View Post
    https://www.wowhead.com/search?q=timewalking+vendor

look at the commendations these guys sell.
    AMAZING! thanks!

Aside from Nat Pagle, the old horde PvP reputations, and Chromie's reputation in legion...the last time I played I was already exalted with everything that I could still get.

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...shh/reputation

It was a fun, kindof braindead thing to do to waste time or for a change of pace when trying to grind out some old raids for mounts that refused to drop, but none of them (besides the PvP reps...fuck those things) were really terribly hard to do.

I really like the blue unicorn mount that you get for being exalted with everything (?), but I don't think I'll ever have the time or patience for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    I really like the blue unicorn mount that you get for being exalted with everything (?), but I don't think I'll ever have the time or patience for it.
    Shadowlands is releasing a blue unicorn mount that looks so similar it craps all over the three people who bothered with this mount anyway.

(Assuming it isn’t locked behind an equally ridiculous grind)

Quote Originally Posted by Weeps View Post
    The only rep I don't have exalted is the WSG.

Absolutely cannot stand that rep. Bullshit farm.
    Easy when the WSG brawl or whatever week is on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Before cata, I would go back and level up old reps depending on what their rewards were. Currently? Nah. I don't enjoy doing legacy content whether it's chasing old achievements or xmog sets. All I care about in WoW now is raids, that's it. I'll do keystones from time to time, but the only enjoyment I get out of WoW is raiding. But even that can feel stale if I'm playing with shit heads that take 5+ seconds to react or can't be bothered to read a guide on their spec. I enjoy raiding, but not with people who suck.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

It IS an easy way to grind racial reputations (excluding Glineas and goblins) though!
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

10+ Year Old Account

Argent Tournament is actually many reps - Argent Crusade, all 5 pre-Cata main faction reps, Sunweavers or Windrunners, which in turn trickles rep for the other 4 Northrend Horde/Alliance reps. Pretty sure theres even a few quests that give Knights of the Ebon Blade rep in there too - Or at least nearby. It's the rep motherlode of all expansions!

OP, WoD reps are 2000% harder to grind now that you can no longer farm dungeons for rep (Was briefly introduced during the end of WoD). Of all the expansions, I would just farm Timewalking dungeons for WoD reps, since you basically have to grind sparse, scattered mobs in specific areas for the reps. MoP is a lot easier - Plenty of dailies, you have the paragon rep feature available during timewalking, and you even get double rep once you hit revered with almost every MoP faction. Even the single grinding faction is easy to grind now that you one-shot the elites that give 20-200 rep per, not to mention how easy it is to get the rep eggs up top.
    Cata is the second easiest for grinding, since you can get tabards and clear dungeons till you hit exalted. WotLK is easiest, since you have a shit-ton of dailies and grindables on top of tabards for rep in dungeons. BC is a bit harder, but you can clear dungeons for rep up to honored, and heroic versions of dungeons to exalted.

Vanilla is all over the place really.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.