Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Except I'm not really defending him, the conversation with are having this moment is about him or this case at all. Instead, it is was the law... and my statement about not celebrating shunning of people who may be trying to atone.

Both of which are topics branched out by him, but not directly about him.

I can fully believe he was doing it for publicity, which is why I do not really care about him.

I care about the overarching laws and societal temperament.

It is why I often talk about laws regarding criminals, that doesn't suddenly mean I am for criminality, but it is a good moment to talk about it.
    And you spent a great deal talking, and defending him (and it), and condemning others who judge him (and it).

Quote Originally Posted by Stelio Kontos View Post
    That was all pointless, I was saying it explains a lot you can't tell the difference between a 13-yr old and an 18-yr old.
    Well explain to me how the 13 year old looks 13... because to me she looks like this bitch that works at the bodega who I know is in her 2nd year in university

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    And you spent a great deal talking, and defending him (and it), and condemning others who judge him (and it).
    You don't seem to get it.

I can very very easily look at a situation, take the criminal out of it AND THEN just talk about the law in general, and society.

I do this a lot because personal feelings towards a particular person shouldn't matter, and colours things

yet that is often taken by people here as me defending the criminal, even when i go out of my way to focus more on the law and mindset of people.

If a man breaks into a home shoots a gun then runs out and away and is fleeing and someone shoots them in the back.

I will spend my time talking about castle doctrine, the law, the mindsets of people, differing laws in different states or countries. The individual criminal really doesn't matter here

I like that Themius is arguing that fucking Tekashi 6ix9ine, this guy:

has the moral turpitude to not sleep with an underage girl and must have just been confused because he's just a young man who didn't know any better.

Maybe they should have also forgiven his gang-related activities. After all, they may have been his age cohorts.

And also, it's well known gang members *never* have sex with underage girls.

Quote Originally Posted by Indara View Post
    They're pulling a duck face pose. Post plain face of people not doing stupid poses. 13 year olds don't look like 18.
    Perhaps that's true for males, not for females...

Well explain to me how the 13 year old looks 13... because to me she looks like this bitch that works at the bodega who I know is in her 2nd year in university

- - - Updated - - -

You don't seem to get it.

I can very very easily look at a situation, take the criminal out of it AND THEN just talk about the law in general, and society.

I do this a lot because personal feelings towards a particular person shouldn't matter, and colours things

yet that is often taken by people here as me defending the criminal, even when i go out of my way to focus more on the law and mindset of people.
    I had a buddy give me some advice one time, when I was sticking my foot in my mouth. I kept trying to talk my way out of it. He said:

"Dude, stop digging."

That's good advice, I think you should take it to heart.

Well tell me then, to me the 18 year old looks like a younger teen, and the 13 year old looks like her peer.

So for a person who themselves is within that age yeah... it is very likely they are look similar.
    Well then. I guess we should get rid of Stat Rape laws altogether.

If you, The king of critical thought, can't tell the difference between a 13 year old and an 18 year old...then we can't reasonably assume that anyone else can either.

Hear that everyone? Open Season on teenagers. If you get caught just tell the police that "She didn't look like a minor" and Themius will represent you in court.

Perhaps that's true for males, not for females...
    [Citation Needed]

I like that Themius is arguing that fucking Tekashi 6ix9ine, this guy:

has the moral turpitude to not sleep with an underage girl and must have just been confused because he's just a young man who didn't know any better.

Maybe they should have also forgiven his gang-related activities. After all, they may have been his age cohorts.

And also, it's well known gang members *never* have sex with underage girls.
    This is what I mean by taking the criminal out of it. You are showing him to say look he looks like a bad hombre so? Does the law change because a person looks bad?

He himself was 18, if he wasn't asking ages... why do you think it is beyond reasonable that she could have looked as though she were older than she was?

There aren't special laws for gangs and cohort ages so this is just a foolish statement we have laws about sex though.

Quote Originally Posted by Savant View Post
    As stated in my first post. Its not about him. Its about the charity of declining huge sum of money, because values..
    Sooo, I am guessing since you are taking this "money is money no matter where or whom it comes from" stance, that you would be perfectly OK with a Jewish charity aimed to help battle Antisemitism accepting a donation from a known Neo-Nazi? Cause, hey, MONEY IS MONEY!

Yeah, that's right, I invoked Godwin's law.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    I had a buddy give me some advice one time, when I was sticking my foot in my mouth. I kept trying to talk my way out of it. He said:

"Dude, stop digging."

That's good advice, I think you should take it to heart.
    Themius will die on any and every hill he finds himself on.

[Citation Needed]
    Males seem to start puberty later.

Comparing males to females you also should note at least when it comes to looks males often enough don't develop proper beards till later years generally, and chesthair if they are to have it, may not fully develop until 20s-30s.

There are other markers for women but they can be more minute... like breast size doesn't mature fully until about 16, but one may just simply think a woman has small breast, it isn't exactly a proper marker of age.

Themius going hard defending noncing.

Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    Well then. I guess we should get rid of Stat Rape laws altogether.

If you, The king of critical thought, can't tell the difference between a 13 year old and an 18 year old...then we can't reasonably assume that anyone else can either.

Hear that everyone? Open Season on teenagers. If you get caught just tell the police that "She didn't look like a minor" and Themius will represent you in court.
    You are aware that there are literally laws on this already right?

For instance in new york an 11 year old can give partial consent to a 17 year old.

That is a 6 year gap, and much larger mental gap than a 13 year old and an 18.

The former is less criminal than the latter, which to me does not make sense. An 11 year old is clear clear clear as day paedophilia, yet the law says they can give partial consent to a 17 year old. It's dumb.

Yet a 13 year old can't give partial consent to an 18 year old even though they are closer in age and mental capacity and the 13 year old will already be much further along in development.

Part of my issue comes from the laws that exist that seem nonense as it treats an 11 year old as able to give more consent to a 17 year old, than a 13 to an 18. It doesn't make sense.

This is what I mean by taking the criminal out of it. You are showing him to say look he looks like a bad hombre so? Does the law change because a person looks bad?

He himself was 18, if he wasn't asking ages... why do you think it is beyond reasonable that she could have looked as though she were older than she was?

There aren't special laws for gangs and cohort ages so this is just a foolish statement we have laws about sex though.
    I didn't say he looks like a bad hombre, he looks like a fucking bag of skittles. I said this is the man you are fighting and defending saying he wouldn't have sex with an underage girl and she must have "looked older".

10+ Year Old Account
    That was all pointless, I was saying it explains a lot you can't tell the difference between a 13-yr old and an 18-yr old.
    I hate talking about this stuff...

You can't convict someone off "you must have known they were underaged because of the way they looked" unless you can prove that person was actually looking for someone who is underaged.

The rapper did the crime, got in trouble for it as he should. The courts also reduced his penalties but a lot because: "you must have known she was x years old" doesn't hold up in court, there were strong indicators that he would have never done what he did if he knew her age.

He is only a pedophile in the loosest of interpretations. An interpretation doesn't do society any favors when actually discussing pedophiles and their victims. What he did, at that time, was make a stupid negligent mistake in part to him being a dumb 19-year-old. No 19 year old, especially when egged on by people older than him, goes "well I better check ID first". A few months prior and he would have tagged as someone who was also exploited.

Nothing before or after that incident suggests he is an actual pedophile. He should not be given a pass for that charge but no should he should be held in the same arena as other sex offenders. Especially when he's been caught up in a lot more stuff that he no excuses for being caught up in.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    I hate talking about this stuff...

You can't convict someone off "you must have known they were underaged because of the way they looked" unless you can prove that person was actually looking for someone who is underaged.

The rapper did the crime, got in trouble for it as he should. The courts also reduced his penalties but a lot because: "you must have known she was x years old" doesn't hold up in court, there were strong indicators that he would have never done what he did if he knew her age.

He is only a pedophile in the loosest of interpretations. An interpretation doesn't do society any favors when actually discussing pedophiles and their victims. What he did, at that time, was make a stupid negligent mistake in part to him being a dumb 19-year-old. No 19 year old, especially when egged on by people older than him, goes "well I better check ID first".

Nothing before or after that incident suggests he is an actual pedophile. He should not be given a pass for that charge but no should he should be held in the same arena as other sex offenders. Especially when he's been caught up in a lot more stuff that he no excuses for being caught up in.
    I know it's a minor charge compared to the rest, but as usual, Themius comes in and derails the thread by arguing with everyone who thinks sex with minors is a bad thing. I'd be happy to just sit here and rag on everything else about this technicolor muppet.

Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    Themius going hard defending noncing.
    We have Romeo and Juliet laws. In this case, we are talking a few months making the difference of how criminal this is.

I have an issue with an 11 year old being able to give more consent than a 13 year old... it doesn't make sense. The 11 year old is very clear paedophilia and is more likely to be at risk of manipulation and abuse.

Than a 13 year old and 18 year old who are both closer mentally and physically.

None of what I am saying is defending the actual act so you making this comment seems foolish to me, since my issue is how criminal it should be.

There is a crime, but should it be treated under the Romeo and Juliet type of laws, or the general laws that's the question I am proposing... honestly I don't get how you don't get this.

- - - Updated - - -

I know it's a minor charge compared to the rest, but as usual, Themius comes in and derails the thread by arguing with everyone who thinks sex with minors is a bad thing. I'd be happy to just sit here and rag on everything else about this technicolor muppet.
    I didn't derail shit, I literally just said i'd be wary of treating him the same as some Fucking 35 year old, and that we shouldn't' shun people trying to atone.

then I got attacked. Are you going to attack pacox too? Because we essentially said the same fucking shit.

I literally said he said he didn't know her age, and he was a dumb kid who didn't check id, and he was 18, and then i go on to say treating what he did as equal to any other child sex abuser is harmful to people who have been abused and not because they looked older and could pass while they went out to have sex but because they were groomed and abused.

A lot of why i go into this and why i want to compartmentalize so much is because lumping this in diminishes who serious a crime child sex abuse is

I then went into the fucking stupidity of the law that treats an 11 year old as able to give partial consent to 17 year old, and note because of that law trying to treat this... between a 13 and 18, gravely, doesn't make sense.

then went on to say which the course agreed

So I'm being attacked, for agreeing with the fucking court, and agreeing with pacox

you and several others simply just like to fuck with me and everything I say. Someone else can say it, and they'll be fine. I've literally seen it happen multiple times. So come the fuck off it.

I even remember a thread of people in the fun stuff forum, with the purpose to solely attack me by purposefully misconstruing my arguments.
    Last edited by Themius; 2020-05-14 at 04:26 AM.

Themius in this thread:

Just keep going, buddy.

We have Romeo and Juliet laws. In this case, we are talking a few months making the difference of how criminal this is.

I have an issue with an 11 year old being able to give more consent than a 13 year old... it doesn't make sense. The 11 year old is very clear paedophilia and is more likely to be at risk of manipulation and abuse.

Than a 13 year old and 18 year old who are both closer mentally and physically.

None of what I am saying is defending the actual act so you making this comment seems foolish to me, since my issue is how criminal it should be.

There is a crime, but should it be treated under the Romeo and Juliet type of laws, or the general laws that's the question I am proposing... honestly I don't get how you don't get this.

- - - Updated - - -

I didn't derail shit, I literally just said i'd be wary of treating him the same as some Fucking 35 year old, and that we shouldn't' shun people trying to atone.

then I got attacked. Are you going to attack pacox too? Because we essentially said the same fucking shit.

I literally said he said he didn't know her age, and he was a dumb kid who didn't check id, and he was 18, and then i go on to say treating what he did as equal to any other child sex abuser is harmful to people who have been abused and not because they looked older and could pass while they went out to have sex but because they were groomed and abused.

A lot of why i go into this and why i want to compartmentalize so much is because lumping this in diminishes who serious a crime child sex abuse is

I then went into the fucking stupidity of the law that treats an 11 year old as able to give partial consent to 17 year old, and note because of that law trying to treat this... between a 13 and 18, gravely, doesn't make sense.

then went on to say which the course agreed

So I'm being attacked, for agreeing with the fucking court, and agreeing with pacox

you and several others simply just like to fuck with me and everything I say. Someone else can say it, and they'll be fine. I've literally seen it happen multiple times. So come the fuck off it.

I even remember a thread of people in the fun stuff forum, with the purpose to solely attack me by purposefully misconstruing my arguments.
    Oh wow, so a track record of defending kid diddlers AND a persecution complex. Charming.

Oh here we go: