Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post
    What if it is the other way? You come out of shadowlands at the end of the expansion and a questgiver is like "Yo dude back already? You've only been away for like 10 minutes".
    "Hey, you're finally awake"
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilithvia View Post
    In the latest Ion interview concerning Shadowlands (Which is still going at time of writing)
    Ion stated "Time moves differently in the shadowlands. Not exactly a X3 or a X10 timewarp persay, but we'll have to see the full extent of this when our characters come out of Shadowlands [into the next expac].

10.0 revamp bois.

And yes, it's too goddamn early for 10.0 discussion, but here you go.
    Cataclysm 2.0!

If anything he seems to be saying time in the Shadowlands moves faster, not slower.

I'm all for a world revamp. And I'm inclined to think we'll see more stuff updated in 10.0 for sure. But it's more to his comments so far about further story for Night Elves and Forsaken. As well as them wanting to do housing, but it doesn't fit Shadowlands. There's a lot that hints at a focus on Azeroth.

All they said was basically "we have no idea but in case we want to do something that is open for us in the future."

10.0 is going to be to WoW what OW 2.0 is to OW.

A slight overhaul that works with the old version.

what did ion really say? who watched stream?
    translation into text always sucks and causes overhype

It does read as a nod to something big happening after SL. I've been convinced since MoP that Blizz would want to do a time jump expansion... this might be the spring board to do it.

Think about it... ALL of the strongest fighters and heroes who fought against the Burning Legion twice and won, that fought against the Old Gods and the void and won, against the armies of Nazjatar and won, against the invasion from the scourge and the Lich King, Deathwing, Y'Shaarj corrupted Warchief, C'thun, Argus, the Iron Horde... all of the threats seen in the last decade or so and we're just gone. Bad shit is gonna happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Cherry123 View Post
    What's the point of skipping time?
    To let the world breathe a little? No major conflicts, just let regular stuff happen and societies develop. This will make the world a more interesting place for us to experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    I want to see Quel'thalas updated so badly. But at this point I have no expectations for that, they will most likely continue updating single zones when it makes sense storywise, like they did with Arathi and co. in BfA.
    I guess they will revamp Durotar and Elwynn to show old Anduin and old Baine.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    I guess they will revamp Durotar and Elwynn to show old Anduin and old Baine.
    Faction Leaders in the Shadowlands
    Can't say much more due to spoilers.
    same interview they won't be old dudes

Quote Originally Posted by Lilithvia View Post
    In the latest Ion interview concerning Shadowlands (Which is still going at time of writing)
    Ion stated "Time moves differently in the shadowlands. Not exactly a X3 or a X10 timewarp persay, but we'll have to see the full extent of this when our characters come out of Shadowlands [into the next expac].

10.0 revamp bois.

And yes, it's too goddamn early for 10.0 discussion, but here you go.
    I think that taking this as a "revamp inc confirmed!!" is jumping the gun, even tho I do agree that it does hint a considerable time jump.

Given how the new leveling system works, they don't *have* to revamp the whole world now; new players get to do the intro scenario and then just jump in the latest expansion, a whole world revamp doesn't serve a purpose when you are not going to even use all those zones to level in them.

This is now the time they can get away with a time jump without a world revamp.

Like, at most I could see the starting zone for each race getting revamped to introduce the new status quo. (Elwynn, Durotar, Azuremyst, Eversong, etc..) but maybe make them 10-50? so new players get the introductory experience and the "starting" zone become more of a "setting catch up" that an experienced player *could* choose as a starting area from level 1 if they choose.

And like Warfronts -but with like, better content- reintroduce zones revamped according the narrative needs them. Alternatively, what if the expansion itself is on a section of Kalimdor and the EK? Like Kul Tiras and Zandalar, but maybe for both factions, with a handful of interconnected zones where stuff happens (like, Northern Kalimdor and Northern EK) But would be people ever be okay with an expansion that has no new continent and only revamps the old ones?

Cataclysm set expectations of World Revamping as a thing, but for one it's an effort that although cool, it's hard from evergreen, continents became outdated by the next expansion's end. And now with world scaling and level squish, there isn't an actual *need* to revamp the old "leveling" zones. Part of me thinks the best option is if to just reuse old zones for an expansion's narrative or end-game content, but I don't think many people would be all that excited for just a reskinned old zone.

I imagine this is how we get old man Anduin.

Time has jumped 40 years on Azeroth since we entered the Shadowlands.

Quote Originally Posted by HailToTheKing View Post

he came with us lol
    the theory is broken

15+ Year Old Account
    I think it's too soon to say "omfg revamp!!" but I think it does strongly imply that they want to use Shadowlands as an excuse to timeskip Azeroth forward. Probably the most logical way to get us to a point where perhaps the Forsaken and night elves have resettled, and where Anduin is getting closer to where he was in the flashforward comic.

- - - Updated - - -

he came with us lol
    the theory is broken
    I haven't seen any indication that he's in the Shadowlands with us. He didn't even go to Kul Tiras during BFA, did he? Why would he go to the Shadowlands? He has a kingdom to run.

10+ Year Old Account
    Another example of player hype leading to logical fallacies.

Faction Leaders in the Shadowlands
    Can't say much more due to spoilers.
    same interview they won't be old dudes
    I saw that there is datamined ghost of one of racial leaders. A mortal one.
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    I think it's too soon to say "omfg revamp!!" but I think it does strongly imply that they want to use Shadowlands as an excuse to timeskip Azeroth forward. Probably the most logical way to get us to a point where perhaps the Forsaken and night elves have resettled, and where Anduin is getting closer to where he was in the flashforward comic.

- - - Updated - - -

I haven't seen any indication that he's in the Shadowlands with us. He didn't even go to Kul Tiras during BFA, did he? Why would he go to the Shadowlands? He has a kingdom to run.
    Leaders in the maw, read quests in alpha.

he came with us lol
    the theory is broken
    He does come? Maybe he will leave after few seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by HailToTheKing View Post

You don't think Anduin is coming with us to the shadowlands for some plot point with his father?

I will list who will 100% go to shadowlands
    Jaina, Baine, Lor'themar, Anduin, Thrall, Tyrande, Genn
    little data 40% chance
    Tess, Taelia