Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    You equated Torghast with Island Expeditions in a nonsensical manner and then said it's crap. Not much to do but ridicule you for it.
    I absolutely think they are the same with minor flavour differences. If you too feel the need to call me "whiny kid", "silly rant" or think i need anyone's approval, then go for it.
    Last edited by Vilendor; 2020-05-15 at 11:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vilendor View Post
    I'm already tired from Blizzard hyping Torghast.
    There is a new article, interview, highlight, stream every single day.

It's a fricking scenario where you kill trash mobs and collect buffs
    Same as Island Expeditions

And they overhype it exactly the same way. Remember all that PR bullcrap they pushed before BFA? They sold it like the best thing ever happened to WoW, one of the main feature of the new expansion, with super intelligent AI, the never ending repeatable fun, the place where you can collect mats (AP) for your azerite gear upgrade. Sounds familiar?

What annoys the hell out of me is that people fall for it... again

4 weeks into the expansion almost everyone will hate it and it will be a boring mandatory trash farm to collect timegated legendary items
    1, not even close.
    2, they feel like a typical rogue-like only way too easy.

I saw people complaining about Blizzard talking making it more difficult the longer you ate in it. Well fucking duh. That's what rogue-like are. The longer you play the more rewards you find, the tougher the enemies become, and the greater risk to dying and ending it all becomes. Currently, it's way, way, way too easy to get far into it IMO.

But anyone who actively believes or claims it's anything like IEs is deliberately lying, or deliberately trying to spread misinformation. Because from the onset at Blizzcon they said rogue-like, which IEs are not even remotely close.

So OP, you should go read up on Torghast. Because you are 100% in the wrong. Well as other have said, besides killing things and getting buffs, they are nothing alike.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefhammer View Post
    1, not even close.
    2, they feel like a typical rogue-like only way too easy.

I saw people complaining about Blizzard talking making it more difficult the longer you ate in it. Well fucking duh. That's what rogue-like are. The longer you play the more rewards you find, the tougher the enemies become, and the greater risk to dying and ending it all becomes. Currently, it's way, way, way too easy to get far into it IMO.

But anyone who actively believes or claims it's anything like IEs is deliberately lying, or deliberately trying to spread misinformation. Because from the onset at Blizzcon they said rogue-like, which IEs are not even remotely close.

So OP, you should go read up on Torghast. Because you are 100% in the wrong. Well as other have said, besides killing things and getting buffs, they are nothing alike.
    Join an instanced scenario, clear islands/levels to gather AP/legendary mats, by killing trash mobs and gathering doubloons/phantasma to buy buffs/upgrades. At the end feel free to join another island/enter the next level of the tower. What did i miss beside the obvious graphical difference and progressively harder mobs in the case of tower?

Look, i never said the "new" rogue-lite style buffs won't make it more enjoyable. I said it's IE reskinned and no one is noticing it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    I would say Torghast is more like Horrific Visions v2.0 - quite different in both make and model from Island Adventures in BfA. Based on the various gameplay demos I've seen of Torghast it actually looks like a marked improvement on the model, as well; though the final version will be what it's judged on.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Join an instanced scenario, clear islands/levels to gather AP/legendary mats, by killing trash mobs and gathering doubloons/phantasma to buy buffs/upgrades. At the end feel free to join another island/enter the next level of the tower. What did i miss beside the obvious graphical difference and progressively harder mobs in the case of tower?

Look, i never said the "new" rogue-lite style buffs won't make it more enjoyable. I said it's IE reskinned and no one is noticing it.
    But it's not and you are wrong. And IE is a resource gathering race in one map, it puts you against an AI team that unless you get ear doesn't engage you, or you can go PvP and compete against other players. Sure you have little tchotchkes you can pick up for temporary buffs. But it is not even close.

Torghast has a player or party clearing multiple maps/floors, rewarding them with permanent buffs for the run, progressively getting more difficult, with a seeker enemy chasing you down from time to time.

They are not remotely the same. By your logic, dungeons are just reskinned IEs, raids are just reskinned IEs for raid groups, BGs are just reskinned IEs. Hell even pet battles are reskinned IEs. You are just plain wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefhammer View Post
    But it's not and you are wrong. And IE is a resource gathering race in one map, it puts you against an AI team that unless you get ear doesn't engage you, or you can go PvP and compete against other players. Sure you have little tchotchkes you can pick up for temporary buffs. But it is not even close.

Torghast has a player or party clearing multiple maps/floors, rewarding them with permanent buffs for the run, progressively getting more difficult, with a seeker enemy chasing you down from time to time.

They are not remotely the same. By your logic, dungeons are just reskinned IEs, raids are just reskinned IEs for raid groups, BGs are just reskinned IEs. Hell even pet battles are reskinned IEs. You are just plain wrong.
    Torghast is a resource gathering race against the progressively harder enemies. And everyone just aoe'd down the enemy AI team in IE, like trash mobs.

But look, i listed my arguments, if you still think im wrong that's perfectly fine. It's just my opinion based on the presented informations and videos, honestly i really hope you are right and i will change my mind once i had the chance to play it.
    Last edited by Vilendor; 2020-05-15 at 01:40 PM.

The last time we got an estimate on Torghast and how much you had to do of it was every day, of which runs could last you up to about two hours, for about two months to get your Legendary/legendaries.

Islands weren't really bad besides the fact that people ran them into the ground ad nausea - which they basically did themselves. Torghast having the daily limit, even if runs can get up to two hours long, at the very least kind of puts some kind of cap on how much you have to do it which at the very least should in theory mean people don't get as sick of it as quickly.

And then, once you get legendaries, you probably won't even "need" to go back in there for a good while at that.

I'm already tired from Blizzard hyping Torghast.
    There is a new article, interview, highlight, stream every single day.

It's a fricking scenario where you kill trash mobs and collect buffs
    Same as Island Expeditions

And they overhype it exactly the same way. Remember all that PR bullcrap they pushed before BFA? They sold it like the best thing ever happened to WoW, one of the main feature of the new expansion, with super intelligent AI, the never ending repeatable fun, the place where you can collect mats (AP) for your azerite gear upgrade. Sounds familiar?

What annoys the hell out of me is that people fall for it... again

4 weeks into the expansion almost everyone will hate it and it will be a boring mandatory trash farm to collect timegated legendary items

Edit for more clarification:

Join an instanced scenario, clear islands/levels to gather AP/legendary mats, by killing trash mobs and gathering doubloons/phantasma to buy buffs/upgrades. At the end feel free to join another island/enter the next level of the tower.

Which is fine, that's a valid WoW content. But they try to sell it again as the main feature of the expansion, hyping it every single day.
    Blizz wasn't really hyping Torghast... The alpha testers got their hands on it and have been having a lot of fun on it, Blizz is just doing more interviews and answering more questions on it because that is what they are being asked.

Quote Originally Posted by the bear View Post
    Except people are enjoying Torghast on the Alpha, whilst Island Expeditions were disliked from the beginning.
    This is the big difference. The community is hyping torghast, Blizz is just coming along for the ride. Any changes to Torghast have been made in direct response to the community.

But I do fear that it will become boring. Would be cool if mobs/bosses could drop transmog gear and pets. The true endgame is not getting the best gear, but getting the best gear to get the cosmetics.
    If curiosity killed the cat, why can't speculation kill you?

7+ Year Old Account
    Ye, GL with trying to diminish generally acclaimed SL feature. Was wondering, when some "concerned players" will get mad that SL is looking much better than BfA. We had same shit with WoD to Legion transition.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

7+ Year Old Account
    How many threads a week are we gonna get about how bad and shitty Torghast will be?

To answer the thread though, It's more that the community and content creators have been making a lot of videos about it and since it's a main feature of the expansion Blizzard has been adding more content and changes over the alpha. Would you rather them just sweep it under the rug and pretend it's not an expansion defining piece of content?
    Last edited by Fawkess; 2020-05-16 at 08:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fawkess View Post
    How many threads a week are we gonna get about how bad and shitty Torghast will be?

To answer the thread though, It's more that the community and content creators have been making a lot of videos about it and since it's a main feature of the expansion Blizzard has been adding more content and changes over the alpha.
    A lot. Seems peole would rather bitch and moan without having 1, all the details, and 2, without experiencing it themselves to make an informed decision. Frankly mods should header all of these whine threads with uninformed opinion ahead.

I agree there are focusing on torgast so much, what I really want to know is what oribos is going to look like Almost zero info on that as of yet???

Quote Originally Posted by the bear View Post
    Except people are enjoying Torghast on the Alpha, whilst Island Expeditions were disliked from the beginning.
    Excellent post.
    But then think about it: WHO ARE THE PEOPLE IN THE ALPHA? Mostly streamers (torghast is great for streaming), youtubers, and cutting edge people. BAM. The very audience of the expansion is in. Of course they are enjoying it. And they are hyping it up a lot.
    I'm with the poster on this. They are overselling it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lei View Post
    Excellent post.
    But then think about it: WHO ARE THE PEOPLE IN THE ALPHA? Mostly streamers (torghast is great for streaming), youtubers, and cutting edge people. BAM. The very audience of the expansion is in. Of course they are enjoying it. And they are hyping it up a lot.
    I'm with the poster on this. They are overselling it.
    I'm not a streamer, a YouTuber, or a Cutting Edge player, and yet I have alpha access.

And as someone who has played Torghast, I can actually confirm from personal experience that it is nothing like Island Expeditions. It's very enjoyable, however there are ways that they could screw it up. Feedback is very important.

Quote Originally Posted by whipsybask View Post
    I'm not a streamer, a YouTuber, or a Cutting Edge player, and yet I have alpha access.

And as someone who has played Torghast, I can actually confirm from personal experience that it is nothing like Island Expeditions. It's very enjoyable, however there are ways that they could screw it up. Feedback is very important.
    Same, but people refuse to listen.

And by virtue of being in the alpha and being among the chosen few, you are not biased to give an optimistic view of the feature, right? It is human nature. It is why the media sucks in general and it effects any and all streamers and Youtubers as well. If you're given access you even subconsciously feel compelled to speak favorably of it because you want to retain that access. I agree with the OP, it is going to suck.

Thing is, if we will have the same themed maps it will get boring eventually. I liked islands because I didn't farm it as there was no real need to do more than 3 weekly.
    It was a nice change of pace. By the time 8.3 hit Im already fed up with them. So question is, how long will thorgast last? Month? 2? 5?

erhh in islands you hit stuff gud....uhmm in torghast you also hit things very gud....SAME THING CONFIRMED

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    Thing is, if we will have the same themed maps it will get boring eventually. I liked islands because I didn't farm it as there was no real need to do more than 3 weekly.
    It was a nice change of pace. By the time 8.3 hit Im already fed up with them. So question is, how long will thorgast last? Month? 2? 5?
    well simply the scaling will make it last all of shadowlands,and as long as you have a reason to be there that isnt for fun i guess,islands were just dull and mindless,the pvp ones were better if you liked pvp,but for different reasons to the point where you cant even see pve island and pvp islands as the same thing

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    I mean I guess it’s just like islands if you ignore that,
    There is no time limit.
    Maybe no timer countdown that starts at 10:00, but there is definitely an expected pace for parties to go at.

https://www.wowhead.com/news=316050/...d-on-each-floo
    3700X | GTX 1070