Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    Was it not the very undead they are allied with that attempted the genocide? WHy don't they hate the forsaken? WAs it humanit y that attempted genocide or Arthas, (a human) who wiped out most of humanit too, and was been led by an Orc (Ner'zhul) -

by the same logic, they still have more reason to hate orcs and undead than they do humans, gnomes and dwarves.
    Say Mike Pence funded is own personal army and march on Mexico in a genocidal invasion. Even of the American government had no knowledge or involvement it would still look bad on them.

Arthas wasn't just a human, he was the heir to the strongest human nation on the planet. The Blood Elf survivors likely don't overly cafe for the nuisance of Arthas position and how that relates to the rest of humanity.

Blood Elves holding a grudge against humanity for arthas is understandable.

I agree them not holding a gruge for undead (Human undead at the very rate) and Orcs is a bit of leap of logic on Blizzards part.
    Last edited by Newname1234567890; 2020-05-17 at 07:04 PM.

I think the Blood Elves carry a lot of resentment for humans, not only for how they abandoned them in the past and also because of the racism and semi-recent genocide in Dalaran. There's a lot of bad blood there.

Quote Originally Posted by Razion View Post
    I think the Blood Elves carry a lot of resentment for humans, not only for how they abandoned them in the past and also because of the racism and semi-recent genocide in Dalaran. There's a lot of bad blood there.
    That's the opposite : the high elves abandonned the alliance after the events of wc2 (despite the fact that the humans saved their entire race during wc2), and then the humans got invaded by the scourge while Sylvanas n co didn't move from Quel Thalas.
    As for the execution attempt in Dalaran, that was carried by a group of Lordaerian humans. By that logic Blood Elves should hate the Forsaken since they are ex-Lordaerian humans. Oh and what about the Kirin Tor which supported that execution? Why are the Blood Elves in good terms with that organization?

So yea, Blood Elves joining the genocidal beast (who tried to genocide them and the humans 30 years ago) despite what the humans did for them can feel like a backstab.

3+ Year Old Account
    umm... the ones who carried out the genocide was the High Elves; even though Blood Elves are High Elves
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

Quote Originally Posted by eurojust View Post
    That's the opposite : the high elves abandonned the alliance after the events of wc2 (despite the fact that the humans saved their entire race during wc2), and then the humans got invaded by the scourge while Sylvanas n co didn't move from Quel Thalas.
    As for the execution attempt in Dalaran, that was carried by a group of Lordaerian humans. By that logic Blood Elves should hate the Forsaken since they are ex-Lordaerian humans. Oh and what about the Kirin Tor which supported that execution? Why are the Blood Elves in good terms with that organization?

So yea, Blood Elves joining the genocidal beast (who tried to genocide them and the humans 30 years ago) despite what the humans did for them can feel like a backstab.
    First off, the quel'dorei asked the Alliance for help and were told to fuck off. The humans are literally the reason the blood elves even exist. Then Garithos went on his genocidal killing spree. And in recent times, Jaina and Vereesa attempted genocide of the blood elves starting with Dalaran.

As for anyone being a genocidal beast, the only person who has been absolutely genocidal within the Horde is sylvanas. So I have no idea what you're talking about whoever allegedly attempted to genocide the humans.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    First off, the quel'dorei asked the Alliance for help and were told to fuck off.
    Wait where was this? Wasn't this the other way around?
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

5+ Year Old Account
    It's always hilarious to read a hordie go nuts and turn a dalaran "purge", or camp turajo in to a genocide.
    “I've noticed that everybody that is for abortion has already been born.”
    ― Ronald Regan

Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    Wait where was this? Wasn't this the other way around?
    The high elves never told the humans to fuck off, when they asked for help, the only kingdom that outright denied any pleas for help so far we know is their fellow human Kingdom of Gilneas

Humans saved the elves from extinction twice. They sticked together against Trolls and Orcs and other smaller threats. Humans Dwarves and Elves were the founders of the Alliance and their united force pushed the Horde invaders back to Draenor and ultimately defeated them.

Later the elves join the very same Orcs who were slaughtering them and their allies. Because apparently this one bastard marshall wasn't quite nice enough. And from then on they've worked as enemies of the Alliance, enemies of the Humans and Dwarves that died with them and for them in many conflicts.

So I don't know, do Humans have a reason to somewhat dislike them? Treacherous bastards is all I say.

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Blood Elves are treacherous backstabbing filth and they prove it every time. They're also veeeery keen on committing atrocities or support them until they realise it's gonna bite them in the ass. Then they play the heroism card and all is shifted to someone else. They're also very good liars. Joining the Horde is just a small one.

umm... the ones who carried out the genocide was the High Elves; even though Blood Elves are High Elves
    I'm referring to Jaina's attack on the Sunreavers during the Purge of Dalaran during Mists of Pandaria. Varian scolded Jaina for it, as Varian was in discussions with the Blood Elves to rejoin the Alliance.

Quote Originally Posted by Rustedsaint View Post
    Preety sure more orcs/trolls were gonna genocide the elves too back in Warcraft 1/2 compared to that one human commander in command of afew hundred soldiers.
    Why do people constantly bring up shit that doesn't matter / is no longer relevant as if it is some kind of valid argument?

No. The events of WC 1 or 2 are completely irrelevant to the attitudes of the Blood Elves after the events in WC3. The Blood Elves are not going to care that an entirely different faction of Trolls and an entirely different Horde attacked them a decade or more ago...... any more than they are going to blame the Forsaken for the acts of the Mindless Undead. The Blood Elves aren't stupid. They know how to tell Trolls apart, and they aren't going to have any reason to immediately assume that Thralls Horde is the same as Doomhammers Horde just because it has orcs in it.

Implying that the Blood Elves are going to hate the current Horde or the Forsaken and blame them for events perpetrated by other parties entirely is about as moronic as assuming that the current USA still hates all Germans and blames the current country of Germany and it's people for the events of WW1.......

The Blood Elves on the other hand have a VERY good reason to distrust humans, as the very NAME "Blood Elf" was basically coined to refer to the survivors of the Decimation of Silvermoon at the hands of a Human Death Cult followed up by their betrayal at the hands of Garithos in his capacity as "Ranking Member of the Alliance of Lordareon" when they start trying to fight back the scourge.

And as I mentioned before, they are given no reason to lessen that distrust when the current Humans of the new Alliance show up allied with the very people who exiled them from their native homeland (the Night Elves) and those new allies are immediately discovered attempting to undermine the defenses of Silvermoon.
    Last edited by Surfd; 2020-05-17 at 08:31 PM.

3+ Year Old Account
    I'm referring to Jaina's attack on the Sunreavers during the Purge of Dalaran during Mists of Pandaria. Varian scolded Jaina for it, as Varian was in discussions with the Blood Elves to rejoin the Alliance.
    That was already retconned into Jaina simply teleporting them to the prison

Quote Originally Posted by MeNotCaring View Post
    You've never played warcraft 3 by the looks of it.

BE's tried to join the alliance, but a racist PoS actively tried to get them killed that was apart of the human armies and resulted in them having to escape and joined the horde because the Alliance had shown itself as a bad choice at the time
    So first of all nothing I said was talking about WCIII at all, second of all everything I said was true.

• The belves joining the horde was a business decision, that's not even debatable. While I don't like it that does impact on the lore for better or worse.
    • Kael going mental (and TBC's writing in general) was a response to the wide criticism during vanilla that it's story wasn't connected to WCIII.
    • It is canon as of chronicle the PC belves are good little children that didn't know anything about what Kael was doing in outland.
    • Velen did purify the sunwell (after an Alliance raid stopped KJ kekku).
    • They were going to rejoin the alliance during MoP (which frankly kills the whole blood elves hate the humans schtick) until Jaina lost it.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trumpcat View Post
    Later the elves join the very same Orcs who were slaughtering them and their allies. Because apparently this one bastard marshall wasn't quite nice enough. And from then on they've worked as enemies of the Alliance, enemies of the Humans and Dwarves that died with them and for them in many conflicts.
    That marshall wasn't just "not nice enough" he literally sent them towards Dalvengyr's meat grinder and then tried to make a loophole to have them rid at once like framing them for the Nagas. That left quite a distate for all the Blood Elves. And the Dwarves didn't even say anything or protest given that they were receiving the same treatment fom him.

But then again, the Blood Elves were still willing to work with the Alliance even after Garithos died.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    First off, the quel'dorei asked the Alliance for help and were told to fuck off. The humans are literally the reason the blood elves even exist. Then Garithos went on his genocidal killing spree. And in recent times, Jaina and Vereesa attempted genocide of the blood elves starting with Dalaran.
    Hum, no. By the time Quel'thalas got attacked by Arthas and the Scourge, Lordaeron had already been dealt with. There was no more Lordaeron.

As for anyone being a genocidal beast, the only person who has been absolutely genocidal within the Horde is sylvanas. So I have no idea what you're talking about whoever allegedly attempted to genocide the humans.
    The genocidal beast is the Orcish Horde. You know that first war who was all about raiding, burning, plundering human towns and the destruction of Stormwind? You will tell me that it's not the same Horde but tell that to Joe the Farmer who got his farm and family ravaged by blood-thirsty green monsters.
    "Je vous répondrai par la bouche de mes canons!"

Quote Originally Posted by Avriak91 View Post
    Can't really comment on the human perspective, but for the Blood Elves I think attempted genocide of your entire race is a pretty justified reason to hate the alliance
    Garithos should have been tried for treason and war crimes if he had survived. It was a diplomatic disaster at it's very core. The High Elves were crucial in the advancement of human magics and the bond between Arathi and the High Elves during the Troll Wars tied the two as family almost. And Garithos and his misguided ilk ruined it.

10+ Year Old Account
    humans are the most evil race in wow
    their history is mainly genocide against any race they think is weaker, like 4 of 6 main horde races (belfs - twice, free will undead aka forsaken, goblins of kezan, darkspear trolls), successful genocide against trolls everywhere to steal their lands and take it as their own, hypocrisy in accepting the strong free will undead aka DKs without even see anything wrong in it (we kill forsaken because they are undead, but if u are strong DK, u are welcome of course duh), void elfs (who are evil even by horde standards, and horde have walking corpses who practiced experiments on living specimen!)
    Heck humans flat out state they went to AU Dreanor to take their resources first, not to save them there or at least defend themselves
    So u see humans default history, they don't need a reason, they love to genocide anyone they think is weaker because they are 'light favorite' race and they never do wrong, even Uther didn't see orcs deserve light mercy in Blood & Honor, which showed clearly how arrogant twisted average human view is
    Quote Originally Posted by Villager720 View Post
    I think most “normal” human characters/citizens of SW, Gilneas, Kul Tiras, etc wouldn’t have the full context that players do.
    tell that to blizz, when random npcs in Dalaran in Legion know LK is dead and Bolvar exist, i start to question what exactly they don't know
    it is more like irl, they know, but they prefer to follow their racist views
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontenac View Post
    The genocidal beast is the Orcish Horde. You know that first war who was all about raiding, burning, plundering human towns and the destruction of Stormwind? You will tell me that it's not the same Horde but tell that to Joe the Farmer who got his farm and family ravaged by blood-thirsty green monsters.
    Jaina and everyone in Theramore will tell Joe that the orcs have been redeemed and are no longer the corrupted genocidal maniacs they were

That marshall wasn't just "not nice enough" he literally sent them towards Dalvengyr's meat grinder and then tried to make a loophole to have them rid at once like framing them for the Nagas. That left quite a distate for all the Blood Elves. And the Dwarves didn't even say anything or protest given that they were receiving the same treatment fom him.

But then again, the Blood Elves were still willing to work with the Alliance even after Garithos died.
    Yes, we all know Garithos is the true villain of the franchise and that justifies everything the Horde ever does.