Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    can't really help the fact that the writing backs up their position. Just look at shit like before the storm. They want to talk about how evil and manipulative Sylvanas is... but at the same time have Sylvanas giving Anduin a free way out of any or all blame for the bloodshed that resulted from the event he pushed so hard to make happen...

FFS pick a theme and stick with it.

edit:

the writing backs up the position because there is never a point where any alliance actions are ever looked upon unfavorably. Any time it DOES come close to happening it's a "bug" or not as we see it... or the other guys deserved it more.

Either genocide is bad at all times or it's a pointless plot hook... cause it's looking real pointless how no one cares when we go genocidal on orcs or goblins or trolls but heaven forbid we do it to a particular kind of elf.
    Alliance fans: The Horde constantly commits genocide even though the only instance that might be genocide is Teldrassil!
    Also Alliance fans: If we genocide every Horde race, they deserve it and we're the heroes.

Quote Originally Posted by darkoms View Post
    The creator of lore of Warcraft, Chris Metzen, called the Chronicles the Bible of Warcraft. Do not argue with God.
    If I am not mistaken, it "forgot" to mention the shadowlands which were retconned into existence.

It was hard for me to accept it, too. Not that it matters with you being banned, but let it be a warning for those that still believe.

People really don't understand what a retcon and what a continuation of character are. Illidan wasn't retconned. He was a jackass and it was never explained why. If it was explained why and we have a solid understanding of it, and then it was change, then it was a retcon.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Qstall View Post
    If I am not mistaken, it "forgot" to mention the shadowlands which were retconned into existence.

It was hard for me to accept it, too. Not that it matters with you being banned, but let it be a warning for those that still believe.
    Shadowlands have existed since classic as far as i can remember. Next expansion is us going to different realms of the shadowlands.

Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    Well, to be fair, it's always canon until it's retconned. That's how it always works.

So if say they release a new expansion or a Warcraft 4, it's not simple as saying 'Don't trust it because WC5 will retcon this lore!'
    True but there were definitely people touting Chronicles as the definitive Warcraft Bible and I was telling people don't buy it thinking its gospel. Buy it for the art or as a coffee table item but don't look at it as an immutable truth.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    People really don't understand what a retcon and what a continuation of character are. Illidan wasn't retconned. He was a jackass and it was never explained why. If it was explained why and we have a solid understanding of it, and then it was change, then it was a retcon.

- - - Updated - - -

Shadowlands have existed since classic as far as i can remember. Next expansion is us going to different realms of the shadowlands.
    Before this trash expansion, the Shadowlands was just a shadowy and grey version of the real world. You go there in numerous quests. You travel there when corpse running. But Blizzard hardcore retconned the shadowlands into suddenly being a massive land of various zones. It's so dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    Before this trash expansion, the Shadowlands was just a shadowy and grey version of the real world. You go there in numerous quests. You travel there when corpse running. But Blizzard hardcore retconned the shadowlands into suddenly being a massive land of various zones. It's so dumb.
    they did similar things with Emerald dream and elemental planes, I want to say....

but whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    they did similar things with Emerald dream and elemental planes, I want to say....

but whatever.
    Eh the Emerald Dream was always established in lore as being made up of several zones, most of them just being a more lush and green version of Azeroth. Same with the elemental plains. They were established as being mini-plains of their own element. Shadowlands is 100% changing everything that we knew about the Shadowlands and what we've seen in game up until now. It's an incredibly egregious retcon.

Quote Originally Posted by Qstall View Post

You know the cosmology chart? The one that says "Shadowlands" on the right side of Azeroth? That's from the Chronicles.

It was always explained as another realm. We are now learning that their are all different places in this realm. This is how all realms in wow have always worked.

Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    1. Volume's 1 and 2 came before BFA's announcement. 2. Volume 3 came out in March, which was after BFA's announcement, which is AFTER we're given actual maps by Blizzard for Kul'tiras and Zandalar. and 3. Zandalar was sinking due to the Cataclysm.
    Part of Zandalar DID sink. That's what happened to Nazmir. It's actually addressed early in your questing. Zul prophesied the entire place would sink and be ruined, and that didn't happen. Nazmir sank and became a swamp and the Zandalari abandoned it, and there was widespread damage in Zandalar proper but they rebuilt from it.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

It was always explained as another realm. We are now learning that their are all different places in this realm. This is how all realms in wow have always worked.
    Let's not forget that quick dips into the Emerald Dream were exactly the same, just a green filter overlaid over the world, while actually going there for the raid had it looking quite a bit different.

Unlike the Emerald Dream, the Shadowlands was described as being an exact mirror of whatever world you're on. The emerald dream was described as being different but Blizzard just didn't want to commit to fleshing it out. This was not the case for the shadowlands since you go there in numerous quests in game.

Unlike the Emerald Dream, the Shadowlands was described as being an exact mirror of whatever world you're on. The emerald dream was described as being different but Blizzard just didn't want to commit to fleshing it out. This was not the case for the shadowlands since you go there in numerous quests in game.
    Question is, by whom? Did that person have sufficient knowledge that they could have known about the infinite realms? Or might they have mistaken the in-between realm where we go when we corpserun for the actual Shadowlands?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anyael View Post
    So if something happens in the game after the Chronicles, that contradicts the Chronicles, it can be said that Chronicle was retconned yes? I mean, Paladin Order Hall has you speak to Tortheldrin (dead according to Chronicles), granted it is for an artifact appearance but still.
    To be fair, I don't think the Corrupted Remembrance is canon. It's mostly just a shout-out to the rumors from Vanilla about how to obtain the Ashbringer, as well as a compromise with players who wanted the Corrupted Ashbringer to be obtainable again when it was removed in WotLK with the Naxx relaunch. Especially since it requires going to the Ebon Blade, when one would imagine relations between the Ebon Blade and Silver Hand have completely broken down with the Ebon Blade's attack on Light's Hope in an attempt to recruit Tirion as the fourth Horseman.
    Last edited by Thage; 2020-05-19 at 01:06 PM.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!