Poll: Are you happy with the coming changes?

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nite92 View Post
    Well then you can not measure its success compared to retail with the metric "queue times".

Wrong again. Server caps reduced over time, hitting a low when layering was removed, so yes the amount of players has gone down.
    Lol? Server caps are exactly same as on launch. Layering was removed becouse you no longer have 5k players leveling in Mulgore.

I don't understand it. It sure as hell isn't a catch up mechanic when they increase the cost of everything to outset currency gain.

Not only that, but this is like the FOURTH buff to the content to get people to do it LMAO. Also, corruptions on a rotating week = RNG = time played metrics. This expansion should've been named "World of Warcraft: Time Played Metrics"

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Iem View Post
    Can you show a screenshot of it, that has to be an INSANE amount of played time.
    yeah, Im at work, right now, but i can when i get home. Just do all Visions, assaults, RBGs, emissaries, and a few keys each week. RBGs are decent for farming. 35 base and it increases with rank. Arena wins give like 10 per win also.. Then you have what drops from your caches.

mythic cache gives like 300 echoes if you complete a +15

pvp cache gives like 300 depending on your CR.

easy to get 10k+ a week.

Youre doing keys and Arena / rbg wins anyway, so whats the point in buying those essences with echoes?
    Last edited by Recovery; 2020-05-19 at 06:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Recovery View Post
    yeah, Im at work, right now, but i can when i get home. Just do all Visions, assaults, RBGs, emissaries, and a few keys each week. RBGs are decent for farming. 35 base and it increases with rank. Arena wins give like 10 per win also.. Then you have what drops from your caches. easy to get 10k+ a week.

Youre doing keys and Arena / rbg wins anyway, so whats the point in buying those essences with echoes?
    To be fair, the leap from gaining 10/35 per win to 10,000+ in 7 days is huge.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    did you factor in all of the other sources? win 100 low rated arena and thats 1000 echoes. 600 / week from caches. say you do 2 visions, thats 300. 50 per emissary. 45 per M15. around 500 for assaults. 10 rbg wins is 350.

maybe we should say 5k is easily doable in a week rather than 10.. you could have 15k just in the month of May. The more you play, the more you bank.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    To be fair the corruption you want is on rotation so having a head start helps so you don't miss it and have to wait another month for it to appear again

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    To be fair the corruption you want is on rotation so having a head start helps so you don't miss it and have to wait another month for it to appear again
    Even someone that doesnt play much should have 5-15k banked.. I mean depending on the class you play, you really only use 5-6 different essences.. If youre doing all of the content anyway to farm the echoes, then there are at least 4-5 you dont even have to buy.

Now theyve increased the amount of echoes that drop.. should be cake getting corruptions..

Although at this point, unless youre pushing glad / rank 1 / hero in pvp, or havent downed mythic Nzoth yet, idk why youd even want to put the time into the game.

Even someone that doesnt play much should have 5-15k banked.. I mean depending on the class you play, you really only use 5-6 different essences.. If youre doing all of the content anyway to farm the echoes, then there are at least 4-5 you dont even have to buy.
    Not for people's mains who had all thier essences already

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Not for people's mains who had all thier essences already
    Did you play something that didnt have a tank or healing spec? I thought they made echoes drop so you could buy for your other specs?

Did you play something that didnt have a tank or healing spec? I thought they made echoes drop so you could buy for your other specs?
    Rogue, Mage, Warlock are unable to get any if they're mains. People who played the game the way Blizzard told them to (Main with multiple specs) got hosed.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wheeler View Post
    Rogue, Mage, Warlock are unable to get any if they're mains. People who played the game the way Blizzard told them to (Main with multiple specs) got hosed.
    yea, add hunter to that too

Youll catch up quick.. Theyre increasing the amount that drop.
    Last edited by Recovery; 2020-05-19 at 06:49 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thing is the 475 from the weekly m+ cache is pretty inferior to uncorrupted raid gear now unless they fix so that you can re-corrupt cleansed gear.

I don't like raiding anymore and prefer staying away.. But 10ilvls are 10ilvls. Maybe +20s and beyond could reward an uncorrupted 475 item in the weekly cache ;P

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wries View Post
    Thing is the 475 from the weekly m+ cache is pretty inferior to uncorrupted raid gear now unless they fix so that you can re-corrupt cleansed gear.

I don't like raiding anymore and prefer staying away.. But 10ilvls are 10ilvls. Maybe +20s and beyond could reward an uncorrupted 475 item in the weekly cache ;P
    it just needs to be fixed where you can add a corruption back after removing one

Quote Originally Posted by Weeps View Post
    My fresh 120 alt is at 121 corruption. WTF.

Grinding for corruption resistance is so foul. I fucking hate it.
    There is no grinding for corruption resistance. You do a few visions each reset to get gear and get your cloak up to rank 15, afterwards you do only 1 regular full clear which is piss easy and if you can't do it, you are hardcore below average (or 5 mask full clear, I don't remember) or a hc nzoth kill and your resistance goes up. That's not a grind. Legiondaries & AP was a grind.

The corruption system is trash in general. Titanforging was much better... as bad as that sounds. Shadowlands should be perfect though, with none of the above being present.
    Last edited by mauserr; 2020-05-19 at 07:07 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd be happy with no corruption at all, shitty system. Tho I don't care I'm just a casual scrub just leveling toons at the moment and cleanse all my corrupted gear so /shrug

Quote Originally Posted by Elias01 View Post
    Lol? Server caps are exactly same as on launch. Layering was removed becouse you no longer have 5k players leveling in Mulgore.
    That is not true. Blizzard themselves said that they had higher server caps to allow more players per server at launch to help with the player drop off.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hctaz View Post
    Server caps were not reduced lol

When did they ever announce that the server caps were ever lowered?

They removed layering because the total number of players that were in one area had gone down
    That's exactly what they said.

Quote Originally Posted by Hctaz View Post
    Server caps were not reduced lol

When did they ever announce that the server caps were ever lowered?

They removed layering because the total number of players that were in one area had gone down
    The server cap is literally tied to the layering. How else do you think they cut the queues down by 3k?

The changes to the system are good, but the timing dramatically reduces their value. If the patch had launched like this it would've been fantastic. But me personally, I've already done everything I want to in BfA that requires grinding the gear treadmill. I don't really care about chasing specific corruptions at this point. Maybe I'll pick a few up on alts when I come back for the Shadowlands pre-patch, but I've already gotten my fill of 8.3 for the most part.

I think this is an issue that's plagued BfA from start to finish. A lot of its problems have been fixed or dramatically improved over time, but not before the initial experience has already been soured because of them. It's important to get systems right before implementing them, not months later.

Do you have any proof of the 10 times player base?

Quote Originally Posted by sunxsera View Post
    All 5 mask vision gear will be useless, all 465 M+ gear will be useless ... if you raid mythic you `ll replace most of your current gear.
    I also never said "i cant do content because of this change" i dont know why you are saying that, doesnt make sense at all.

Just like most people i want to farm "my" bis gear - which means i can replace nearly all my gear and enchant my 475 uncorrupted gear.

Does it make me happy to farm echoes with world quests / visions etc ? - No.
    Does it make me happy, that my main has all azerite essences and starts at 0 echoes? - No.
    The reason I ask is because you say your gear is USELESS. What do you mean by useless? Is like equally good as red/broken gear?
    If you have 470 itemlevel today, its still 470 level after the reset which you can still do a lot of content in the game. In fact you can do the same content. You sound like you suddenly robbed from power in your character the way you phrased it by saying your gear is USELESS.

Ok so you mean now that with this changes, there is new a new bis list for you to work with. If so, why is that a bad thing? Isn't that what the game is about?.

I am sorry you don't like to get echoes by doing the content in the game. I must assume then that you expect to just log on and get it in your mail.

Do you even read your own post. You say that you have all azerite essencens. Isn't that a lot of power on your character?

I just don't get you people some times. It's like you are desperately are trying to find any reason to complain.
    Last edited by TorAndre; 2020-05-20 at 02:37 AM.