Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    Will hellenism even be in? To my understanding such beliefs were fairly dead by 867.
    Likely not (which is why if possible). But it was fun to do in CK2 with Charlemeign (or use a mod). But one can dream right?

Because I buy all paradox games. Ck2 is the best game ever made and CK3 brings a ton of engine updates and other features. Just look at their weekly dev diarys.

I liked CK II enough. I'll be buying CK III. It may need maturing, but that's not a problem, I'll still have tons of games to fall back on while we get there.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    Why should I consider this? What was wrong with Crusader Kings 2?

Does CK3 allow conversions to EU4 like CK2 did?
    You're clearly not used to how paradox does their games

There's nothing wrong with CK2, in fact I will buy CK3 on day 1 but I'll wage CK2 will still be played more than CK3 until 1 year full of DLCs for CK3.

As for the differences, CK3 has a much more recent engine and graphics and new things to do ingame

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    If possible, rebuild hellenism within the Eastern half of the Roman empire (which is highly unlikely given the start date.)

If not minor lord > throne of either England or ERE.
    I wonder if a Byzantium game in CK3 will be as satisfying as one in EU4. One of my favourite games in EU4 was clawing back from the precipice of disaster to build Byzantium into the mightiest nation in the world, and it was satisfying considering how weak you start off as in 1444.

The Empire in either start date of CK3 looks considerably healthier.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    I wonder if a Byzantium game in CK3 will be as satisfying as one in EU4. One of my favourite games in EU4 was clawing back from the precipice of disaster to build Byzantium into the mightiest nation in the world, and it was satisfying considering how weak you start off as in 1444.

On the surface, perhaps. If it's anything like the one in CK2 it'll have civil war practically as a national sport.

10+ Year Old Account
    On the surface, perhaps. If it's anything like the one in CK2 it'll have civil war practically as a national sport.
    Oh now that does sound more interesting that I first thought. Might be my second playthrough. Have a soft spot for the Byzantines.

Because CK2 is old?

What people are affraid most seems to be the usual Paradox approach with selling the framework, then adding things on as the time passes.
    They got burned badly with Imperator, but... we will see now.

Since I am way more into Stellaris, I cannot judge at the moment how much of the CK2 will be in CK3 at the launch. Cut too much and you have immediate fallout with fans. Add everything and you have to justify why even make this in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    It's a good opportunity to implement lessons learned from 8 years of using the old engine?
    Ahahhahahahahhahahahaha
    HAHHAAHAHAHA
    HA

I kinda doubt that. All their games are plagued with performance issues (oh hello Stellaris). Sure, Imperator does run better than usual, but is that really an achievement?

Quote Originally Posted by Hellobolis View Post
    you know how planets have a max population of 25? imagine they changed that to hundreds instead, with each pop having more underlying details and functions on top. engine really didn't like that
    Did you mean building slots? Because planet's can have thousands of pops. Let me introduce you to the purge worlds...

Last edited by Easo; 2020-05-19 at 10:19 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.

Considering the start date likely they'll have a war with the Seljuk's and it comes down to can you win Manzikert or not. If you lose Seljuk's are going to have free reign in Anatolia and a civil war starts. If you win you can hold the empire together. At least until well ERE is gonna ERE.

10+ Year Old Account
    Considering the start date likely they'll have a war with the Seljuk's and it comes down to can you win Manzikert or not. If you lose Seljuk's are going to have free reign in Anatolia and a civil war starts. If you win you can hold the empire together. At least until well ERE is gonna ERE.
    Something to look forward to in the time between it launches and Shadowlands does then.

Something to look forward to in the time between it launches and Shadowlands does then.
    Well that and Cyberpunk releasing next to each other keeps early autumn going.

My only issue with CK3 tbh isn't even CK3. I'd rather have Victoria 3 xD

10+ Year Old Account
    Well that and Cyberpunk releasing next to each other keeps early autumn going.

My only issue with CK3 tbh isn't even CK3. I'd rather have Victoria 3 xD
    I read somewhere they aren't making it as Victoria is more of a niche product whereas EU, Stellaris and CK have broad appeal. That may change, or what happened Imperator has given them pause.

I'd like to see a Victoria 3 myself. It will probably happen eventually. But they've a lot on their plate now with CK3 ramping up and EU5 is probably in development as we speak (Emperor looks and feels like the last big expansion for EU4).

But you raise a good point. Cyberpunk and CK3 launching within days of each other, and the pre-patch event will be going live within weeks of either. Going to have to carefully budget gaming time there haha.

Yeah I understand Victoria is very niche. The only reason I want Victoria 3 is because the mods to convert EU4 to Vict 2 are touch and go at best and want to attempt a super long game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Victoria 3 is unlikely to happen because what a lot of fans of Victoria 2 wants isn't actually a modernised version of it like HoI3 to HoI4, so much as a Victoria 2.5, essentially the same game just with better graphics and outstanding bugs fixed.

15+ Year Old Account
    Victoria 3 is unlikely to happen because what a lot of fans of Victoria 2 wants isn't actually a modernised version of it like HoI3 to HoI4, so much as a Victoria 2.5, essentially the same game just with better graphics and outstanding bugs fixed.
    If they could just add hoi4 combat to victoria economics.

Anyhow on topic: I haven't played the incest simulator 2 that much, used my time on other titles by the company. I don't really understand why EU and CK are two different games.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post

Anyhow on topic: I haven't played the incest simulator 2 that much, used my time on other titles by the company. I don't really understand why EU and CK are two different games.
    Because CK2 is way more character focused, while EU is way more nation focused. 2 very different games.

Likely not (which is why if possible). But it was fun to do in CK2 with Charlemeign (or use a mod). But one can dream right?
    Lack of Charlemagne starting date is one of the things I'll be missing the most from CKII. Most of my games started there. The same applies to the recent Iron Century bookmark.

Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    What people are affraid most seems to be the usual Paradox approach with selling the framework, then adding things on as the time passes.
    They got burned badly with Imperator, but... we will see now.
    Eh, the issue with Imperator was that the framework was just barebones and that there was nothing more than that. Not even any serious differentiation between various government types, religions, culture and whatnot. Well, that and the whole mana bonanza (where even hiring mercenaries cost mana instead of gold for some reason), but the entire system was quickly revamped. Which is actually a good sign and shows that Paradox responds to player input.

Anyway, back to CKIII, while obviously it will have a ton of DLC over the years because that's Paradox's business strategy, the framework for it is taking a huge chunk of CKII and all DLCs already in the base game while adding a much more detailed map (baronies shown as individual provinces), the highly requested branch dynasties and heavily building upon the more popular CKII DLC systems like ambitions from Conclave and dynamic religions from Holy Fury (I'm particularly impressed by that one as Paradox delivered even more than I expected in that department).

Now, there are some things that are not as favorable as the yet to be addressed question of Byzantine government system (and non-feudal systems in general), the direction of laws and the combat, but even putting aside my personal views like how combat is one of the least important aspect of games like these, I'd say the good far outweighs the bad. Especially since from what they've already hinted for their plans for DLCs they are planning some things that I also wanted from this new religious system like religious councils and maybe even dynamic heresies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

What I greatly dislike about these 'new' paradox games is that they release it, upgrade the graphics and then just slowly trickle in all the content that has been DLC'd into the previous title. They end up basically being the same games, with less content until you wait a few years, then the cycle repeats when the sequel to this game is announced and they strip out all the content this added to DLC it into the next game etc. Instead of just making sure all the great features are there from launch.

Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    What I greatly dislike about these 'new' paradox games is that they release it, upgrade the graphics and then just slowly trickle in all the content that has been DLC'd into the previous title. They end up basically being the same games, with less content until you wait a few years, then the cycle repeats when the sequel to this game is announced and they strip out all the content this added to DLC it into the next game etc. Instead of just making sure all the great features are there from launch.
    Thats what we have talked about in this thread and elsewhere. CKIII is will show whether Paradox has learned or not (again - Imperator launch shenanigans). If not, I fully expect review bombing and a bad press with possibly them losing money to refunds. Grand strategy is, after all, a niche genre where people usually know better and Paradox cannot really afford to take losses, at least shouldnt be able to, too small of a market size.
    If yes, expect normal game which will only get better over time and will enjoy a longterm support (unlike so many other companies...).
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.