Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mardux View Post
    +1 for admitting that all of that is subjective and based on your feelings. Now if we could work on allowing retail players to have feelings of their own. Baby steps I guess.
    Do you suggest that sharing & critiquing opinions is somehow not "allowing" said opinions? Interesting perspective..

Thanks to Mipeo for pally's sig!

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    This might still change. Ion said that Blizzard are willing to take certain spells of the GCD based on feedback.
    Ion has also demonstrated a complete disregard for player feedback and a tendency to double-down on bad decisions out of pride, particularly the GCD change. In fact, Hunter's Mark in the BFA Alpha was off-GCD and then they added a GCD to it. Why would they go back on it now?

Quote Originally Posted by FpicEail View Post
    Ion has also demonstrated a complete disregard for player feedback and a tendency to double-down on bad decisions out of pride, particularly the GCD change. In fact, Hunter's Mark in the BFA Alpha was off-GCD and then they added a GCD to it. Why would they go back on it now?
    They seem to have a different attitude towards feedback this time around.

Quote Originally Posted by Rethul Ur No View Post
    One thing you just have to accept is that no matter how objectively shit an ability is...there will always, always, always be people with bad taste that will simp for it.

Rune of Power? Simps.

Improved Soul Fire? Simps.

Bloodtalons? Simps.

Hunter's Mark? Simps.
    I don't think you know what the word simp means.

Quote Originally Posted by Rethul Ur No View Post
    Suckers Idolizing Mediocre...Powers.

Now you have been enlightened.
    That is 100% not what simp means lmfao. A simp is a guy that pretty much degrades himself in order to try and garner attention from women. So your use of simp in your post literally makes no god damned sense.

10+ Year Old Account
    It also bothers me, if the ability does come back, it should be tied to that spec base energy dump ability, that way it won't become another GCD ability and we won't have that many problem with the changing of targets, even more now that AOE abilities are more limited to the quantity of targets it actually hits.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    That is 100% not what simp means lmfao. A simp is a guy that pretty much degrades himself in order to try and garner attention from women. So your use of simp in your post literally makes no god damned sense.
    Simp is literally a shortened version of simpleton, meaning a silly or foolish person. Over time, people are bastardizing it to suit their purposes, such as trying to apply it to your meaning, which while it can be accurate, it is not the only thing that applies to simp.
    Last edited by Eapoe; 2020-05-22 at 08:33 AM.

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly I enjoyed hunters mark ( I have played my hunter sence the AQ patch in vanilla) its a nice ez to put debuff that adds some flavor. I can sort of see where you guys are getting mad about having to press and extra button before unloading your big burst or what not so I think either remove it off the GCD or make it a pvp move, because it was always really handy to stop those pesky rogues/ kitty cats. Hell maybe make it do nothing but be annoying to stealth, that would seem fine to me.

had no problem with it too, rather enjoyed it.
    it also was set automatically, so had no problems with HM at all

Can't wait to have another button on the GCD that does no fucking damage.

Quote Originally Posted by StillMcfuu View Post
    Ya'll don't macro it to /petattack?
    Been a while since I've played a pet class. Can you replace spells on the pet bar, like pet attack, with macros? Or did you mean somewhere else on your bars?
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyze View Post
    I don't want it in Shadowlands. It's boring and using a gcd on it hurts my stomach everytime.
    Totally agree. This makes you spend a GCD on every single mob you target in the entire expansion just to apply a boring debuff that does no damage. It should be removed or made into a talent. It shouldn't be baseline.

Petattack is off the GCD so it can be macroed to anything. That doesn't make hunter's mark any better.

IMO, Hunter's Mark would make a decent single-target DPS cooldown. Just give it a 5 minute cooldown and increase the buff to 20%. That would retain the flavor and not force hunters to spend a GCD on every. single. target.
    Last edited by Schizoide; 2020-05-22 at 10:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    I feel like it used to auto apply via arcane shot...when did that stop?
    When they removed Hunter's Mark.

I mean, that would be a better solution too, applying with arcane shot.

Most of the unprunes in Shadowlands are terrible. These abilities were pruned for a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post

Most of the unprunes in Shadowlands are terrible. These abilities were pruned for a reason.
    Feels like the devs are just throwing darts at the board right to see what sticks

I'd rather Camo or Wyvern Sting be baseline over HM.

Anyone with sub that can talk about this ability on the forums?
    I haven't been subbed for a while lol, or do they listen on Twitter?

I don't want this ability in it's current state..

10+ Year Old Account

But that would take effort, basically all they did was copy and paste from Classic...

At least for Hunters this isn't true. Hunter's Mark is really the only example. I, for one, am very happy to get Kill Shot and Tranquilising Shot back. They should never have been pruned in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by FpicEail View Post
    At least for Hunters this isn't true. Hunter's Mark is really the only example. I, for one, am very happy to get Kill Shot and Tranquilising Shot back. They should never have been pruned in the first place.
    I agree with this. I love having our execute back as well as not having to have a Spirit Beast to be able to dispel. I haven’t kept up to date, but I’d love if KS grants a 2nd charge if it fails to kill the target like the old one as it could be awesome synergy proc with Venthyr covenant ability (if it manages to go thru like that without a hotfix/nerf).
    As far as HM, it’s just something we don’t need as a damage increase ability. If it was coming back simply as a Stealth ability counter that could be nice, but needing it for every target swap just isn’t fun on the GCD.

They removed some of the core abilities like Kill Shot or Tranq Shot. Heck even Venomous Sting was useful skill to put on a boss that was about to heal up. On mythic Thok it used to do like 10 million "damage" in a single GCD. I hated when they pruned so many skills out of rotation and situational use.

Hunter's Mark though... I don't really think this skill adds any value to the class. If we need a single target damage boost i'd just weave it as a proc into main rotational ability like someone said above.