Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Haytur View Post
    It is almost like they are some kind of business or something.
    All good and well, but the increasing number of instances with which consumers are willing to accept bullshit is becoming a problem IMO. Used to be that people were fine telling companies "fuck off" when they had obvious money grabs. Now? People preorder video games, buy the same damn iphone, etc. I suppose it's hard ofr me to blame blizz for taking candy from babies who shouldn't be babies but are.

Quote Originally Posted by Elias01 View Post
    There is actualy.lot of gaming companies what just want to make good games and as long as they can pay for development they dont care about profit. You can actualy be company and not care about money. And most of time products such company are far superior becouse they are build out of passion rather than profit.
    Agreed. This idea that companies NEED to expand or they'll die is bogus. A company that faithfully serves the same audience for decades will be able to continue that status-quo and they can be perfectly sated.

Quote Originally Posted by Elias01 View Post
    There is actualy.lot of gaming companies what just want to make good games and as long as they can pay for development they dont care about profit. You can actualy be company and not care about money. And most of time products such company are far superior becouse they are build out of passion rather than profit.
    And these companies are?

Who is paying for these development costs? That money has to come from somewhere. It is an investment and the investors would like see a return on that investment. You may not care directly but the pension company do.

Actually, give double XP, etc will TEMPORARY boost the sale.
    In the long run, it loses money.

For example, when it sells instant max level character, I will not buy it and will never level a character.
    After this double XP event, I will never level a character at normal XP rate.

Are the things you are complaining about shitty? Yes.

However, using a BUSINESS making MONEY as the reasoning behind its wrongness is so *censored* I can't fathom there is a doctor or institution that can help.

Wow just read some of the other silliness in this thread... Sure there are companies who don't need to grow or make a profit... Surely their employees are fine making the same amount for decades despite the rest of the world inflating/growing. Just so you understand if you stand still and everything else grows you are relatively shrinking and making less... Thats basic math.

Hopefully some of you aren't old enough to vote, procreate, or really do anything meaningful because you are daft.
    Last edited by Maquegyver; 2020-05-22 at 01:17 AM.

A lot of game companies doesn't focus purely on making money.

Without taking a stance on actual politics. Some company value a type of morality, and that overrides profit.

If you asked me, I would not want people who mine their nose for resources (and not to mention some even consume the resources mined), I don't care how much money they would make me if I run a popular game, I will ban them all!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    First they give exp. boost so new / returning people can level characters, and then reputation boost for catch-up and now corruption vendor to gear them up! I mean slap me if I'm being silly but I can't be the only one seeing this...
    In other breaking news, cat goes meow. More as it develops.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    First they give exp. boost so new / returning people can level characters, and then reputation boost for catch-up and now corruption vendor to gear them up! I mean slap me if I'm being silly but I can't be the only one seeing this...

Did you run away from your own thread?

Seems like you just got shut down because you are broke AF and now are hiding in your hole.

Quote Originally Posted by FreeHongKong View Post
    Did you run away from your own thread?

Seems like you just got shut down because you are broke AF and now are hiding in your hole.

So... I know I’m bumping this so I’m a small part of the problem. But every single one of you got trolled so hard by OP for even bothering to reply. Good job, stay classy MMO-C

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    I'm not the one having the epic meltdown. I'm also not the one paying Blizzard. That would be you on both counts.
    You Sir, made my Day! Hahaha thank you for this beautifull reply. Plus you are 100% right, the OP can't write and, actually reminds me of my 14 year old nieche that wants new nailpollish but hates putting it on, but still gets IT.

companies make money, well, that's ok
    they want to boost their income constantly, and that's their way to do so.

Well, its obvious that Blizz goes for the highest profits for the least effort in the past "few" years, right? They do everything to get free money without too much work. All the recycled content over and over again, low/no quality content, zero level of creativity or trying new things. They put more money into advertising than actual game development. Arent these the reasons everybody left already? Anything that doesnt require any effort and brings money is good enough for blizz.

15+ Year Old Account
    The posters in the thread are just contributing to the OP's captain obvious aura, hilarious. Captivating.

Quote Originally Posted by Redlikemyrage View Post
    So... I know I’m bumping this so I’m a small part of the problem. But every single one of you got trolled so hard by OP for even bothering to reply. Good job, stay classy MMO-C

Don’t think he trolled us.. I think he’s broke AF.

I recommended that blizzard charges more a few months ago and people were in arms...

I would gladly pay more to blizzard

It is about having fun. If you think people should not have the stuff you have in the long run simply because they did not make the same effort, you might as well stop playing this game because all those mounts, toys, gear, etc. mean nothing to the outside world. Besides, it is like asking for a premium price for a very old car. Since it is relatively old, its value is decreased, so it is easier for people to have them now. Your privilege was having all those stuff back then, not now. Of course there are some collection cars that cost a lot, just like those TCG mounts, but this is not the case here.

Gamedevelopers are trying to make money! Unbelievable! Nonsence! Umpossiburu!

The "a game company trying to make money" people are sickening, or incredibly young and stupid.

This company prioritizes making money over making a good game. The original devteam knew that if their game was fun and innovative, that they would make money. The current devs do not understand this, and prioritize gimmicks that keep you playing even when you don't want to.

Activision Blizzard is a publicly traded company with shareholders and multi million investors, they expect growth and increased year to year revenue, there is a reason they have their quaterly earning investors calls, and if they cant show growht or increased profit their stocks will go down and shareholders will leave. just making "enough" to pay the bills is not enough
    Last edited by apelsinjuice; 2020-05-22 at 01:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by korijenkins View Post
    The "a game company trying to make money" people are sickening, or incredibly young and stupid.

This company prioritizes making money over making a good game. The original devteam knew that if their game was fun and innovative, that they would make money. The current devs do not understand this, and prioritize gimmicks that keep you playing even when you don't want to.
    This comment makes you sound exactly like what you are calling others.

The game is at the end of the expansion, people have cleared what they need to and people are starting to drop of as they are waiting for the next expansion. The drop of late last patch in every single expansion have been massive. Blizzard is trying to keep their numbers up by giving the players an reason to keep playing, currrently by making leveling smoother when it was in a weird state (even tho the 100% is a panic button but the new leveling experience is comming in SL), aswell as giving people catch up mechanics for people like myself that took a break mid expansion.

Is this a way of making money? of course it is. Its a freaking publicly traded company with shareholders, for growth they need money. I hope this thread in general makes it clear how asinine the statement "oh they are just doing this for money" is.

Get a grip and stop playing the game if you dont like it, NOONE is forcing you to play a game you dont like.

how are people falling for this low of a bait?

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Wait so... so OP, you're saying that Blizz is trying to make money, when people were dropping THOUSANDS of dollars of their MUMS credit card to buy these dumbass rank 3 475 boe's, but now that you can just use the piece of trash 475's from your weekly chest for afk'ing through a M15 and doing some basic BICH daily's to get a rank 3 of ANY CHOICE YOU WANT is blizz trying to make money?

GTFO