Don’t you have to play through Nier a million times with different characters to get all the endings? Also, was 2b a beloved character from a previous game? Doesn’t really seem like that fair of a comparison.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Ha it’s great how that dismantles so many of the arguments made in the thread about how awful this is and how it will effect fan option ect, though I’m sure some will still hand wave it away.
    I love how you didn’t play the game and don’t have any idea if it is true but just blindly go along with it.

Quote Originally Posted by ohiostate124 View Post
    Don’t you have to play through Nier a million times with different characters to get all the endings? Also, was 2b a beloved character from a previous game? Doesn’t really seem like that fair of a comparison.

- - - Updated - - -

I love how you didn’t play the game and don’t have any idea if it is true but just blindly go along with it.
    thanks you for proving the point that CONTEXT MATTERS!

Don’t you have to play through Nier a million times with different characters to get all the endings? Doesn’t really seem like that fair of a comparison.
    Wrong. It's 3 playthroughs and every playthrough is different, you aren't playing through the same game. The only reason you can even consider them "playthroughs" is the credits roll but the game literally tells you it's not the end and to reload your save to continue the story.

Oh sweet irony, because neither have you judging by the first quote above.

Point is, comparing Nier and TLOU2 is not fair whatsoever but it is hilarious to see Tech614 still desperately trying to defend the game.

Point is, comparing Nier and TLOU2 is not fair whatsoever.
    Based off what? You don't even know Nier yourself as made obvious by your statement so how do you have any idea if it's a fair comparison or not?(spoiler alert: it was).

There wasn't a comparison made between Nier and TLOU gameplay, graphics, setting or any of that nonsense. At a point in Nier you play as a character that was to that point an antagonist and you oppose the protagonists from before. That's literally what is known from TLOU2 spoilers and the Nier example shows how without understanding the context around it you have no place to judge it.

Point is, comparing Nier and TLOU2 is not fair whatsoever but it is hilarious to see Tech614 still desperately trying to defend the game.
    you know why its not fair though? because TLOU2 is NOT OUT YET AND NO ONE HAD A CHANCE TO PLAY THE ENTIRE GAME. but it is hilarious to see people hate on a thing they haven't actualy played, or even have seen played by someone else on a basis of an out of context plotpoint, that they are willing to defend in a different game.

Nope. That’s not why it is an unfair comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    1. claim was leak was released by a disgruntled employee because of a pay dispute. the whole execs got advances, but employees did not. except... the leak was NOT released by disgruntled employee, it was released by hackers exploiting security vulnerability. and not only was pay not cut, but apparently benefits to contractors were EXPANDED due to covid
    Corporation that's brutally exploiting it's employees says HACKERS stole their data, and it definitely wasn't one of their employees because they treat their employees so so well. You trust corporations to never ever lie right?

Quote Originally Posted by Martymark View Post
    Corporation that's brutally exploiting it's employees says HACKERS stole their data, and it definitely wasn't one of their employees because they treat their employees so so well. You trust corporations to never ever lie right?
    brutally exploiting... you mean the crunch that is a hallmark of game design industry as a whole and not even close to being unique to Naughty Dog? because hackers stealing data is just so very implausible, because they have never EVER have stolen or leaked it from game companies before, better making it employee who just knowingly blacklisted themselves to ever work in game design over covid benefits dispute that is not even real.. that's a MUCH more plausible chain of events, because a random anon on reddit said so. after all, reddit anons never, EVER lie. ever.

come ON.

you guys are so damn willing to hate on ND, just because one of the leads said something that was not negative about Anita and occasionally listens to suggestions from his female co-workers.... its kinda... sad, really

Quote Originally Posted by Martymark View Post
    Except for the part where it wasn't just Sony saying that but the guy who broke the story which is the reason you "know" they where "exploiting employees".

To quote myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    There is nothing to discuss about it tbh. Only to prove the misinformation wrong.

When Jason Schreier the guy who made an article trying to expose crunch and bad work culture at ND: https://kotaku.com/as-naughty-dog-cr...per-1842289962 is even the one saying it wasn't a disgruntled employee but a security vulnerability that was exploited: https://twitter.com/jasonschreier/st...93466564603906

If it was an employee or their benefits got cut due to covid he would of been the first to expose it and why is it even allowed for people to try to claim otherwise? Because that is giant misinformation being spread to try to shit on this game in this thread and is very much on topic of the game to call them on their misinformation about it.
    The guy who broke the news you guys point to for crunch ethics is the same guy who was the first to say it wasn't employees and was a data breach. So which one is it? Do you believe him or not because you can't choose to have it both ways.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

Or you know i googled it real quick after I read the First post.

as to 2b not being beloved from a previous game that doesn't really matter when shes an incredibly popular character and has been since she was originally shown as you can tell from the internet exploding with her every where. its also unlikely that your average gamer plays though games multiple times to get multiple endings.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Or you know i googled it real quick after I read the First post.

as to 2b not being beloved from a previous game that doesn't really matter when shes an incredibly popular character and has been since she was originally shown as you can tell from the internet exploding with her every where. its also unlikely that your average gamer plays though games multiple times to get multiple endings.
    Lolwut? It absolutely does matter. 2b didn’t just become very popular before people even played the game. Comparing her getting replaced By her killer to Joel getting replace is just asinine.

Lolwut? It absolutely does matter. 2b didn’t just become very popular before people even played the game. Comparing her getting replaced By her killer to Joel getting replace is just asinine.
    Joel gets replaced by Ellie though, so... your point is? you are really splitting hairs just to avoid admitting your bias.

and like.. I don't even know if TLOU is going to live up to the first. I don't know if its going to handle its story points well. and that is the point NEITHER DO YOU.

I'm not defending this game is "this is definitely good and you guys are just insert ...ist here" I'm saying that we don't yet know enough to declare it a horribly written failure.

and again. if you find something about the game that is not to your taste, that's FINE. you do not have to buy it. but you all insist that "not to my taste" = "terrible writing, a failure and insult" as if simply not liking the direction of something is not enough, you have to prove to everyone that if you don't like the ideas in it - IT MUST BE TERRIBLE.

its exhausting.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    If you want pretend 2B didn't blow up before the game was out go ahead i guess but she was insanely popular just from the previews and only got more so after the game was actually out likely more popular then joel by a mile.

2b didn’t just become very popular before people even played the game. .
    Uhh, she absolutely did. There is a reason Nier went from Niche ass franchise to instant mass success, people where sold on the game just from her character and design alone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cattleya View Post
    I totally get where people are coming from, everybody hated Nier Automata where you only play as the poster character for half the game, after which you play as the character that murders the poster character by impaling her with a sword

Wait a minute...

It'll be extra satisfying if someone quotes my example and says it's out of context
    Would hold true if Nier Automata was a 2nd installment in the franchise, with the same main character.

Quote Originally Posted by Skorpionss View Post
    Would hold true if Nier Automata was a 2nd installment in the franchise, with the same main character.
    Nier Automata was the 2nd installment in the franchise and neither keeps the same main character. lol, can't make up statements like this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Nier Automata was the 2nd installment in the franchise and neither keeps the same main character. lol, can't make up statements like this.
    It's not, it has nothing in common with Nier other than sharing the universe. And lol thinking Ellie is not a main character in TLOU.

Quote Originally Posted by Skorpionss View Post
    It's not, it has nothing in common with Nier other than sharing the universe. And lol thinking Ellie is not a main character in TLOU.
    Nier Automata is a direct sequel to Nier Replicant. You can keep digging that hole if you want but it's obvious you know nothing about Nier and your knowledge of TLOU is sketchy at best if you think Ellie was the main character you play as in the game.

Ellie was main character in last of us, the way Ciri was main character in Witcher 3. as in, someone important to the narrative that you get to control for a short period of time, but the actual primary playable character and face of the game was Joel (or Geralt in Witcher).