Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    3+ Year Old Account

Bard, Necromancer, Tinker class colors

If the Bard, Necromancer or Tinker were in the game, what would their class colors be? You could also do the color for any other potential new class as well.

Edit:

Bard - The general consensus on Bard seems to be peach, which I can get behind.

Necromancer - Seeing a lot of bone gray and putrid green. I find this hue to be fitting.

Tinker - Gray, brown, bronze and copper are some common answers. I decided to go with copper myself but bronze works well too.

What about these other 3 potential classes that will never get added either?

Apothecary
    Battlemage
    Dragonsworn
    Last edited by Sagenod; 2020-05-25 at 01:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sagenod View Post
    If the Bard, Necromancer or Tinker were in the game, what would their class colors be? You could also do the color for any other potential new class as well.
    Bard yellow. Tinker bright blue. Necromancer Black

10+ Year Old Account
    I too would put Bards as yellow (More of a Goldenrod colour, darker/more gold than the Rogue yellow), Tinker I'm thinking grey (Although, since grey is also used for offline players, I'm not sure this would work), and I'm think the ghost blue/green colour that Blizzard seems to have taken up as "Death Magic" for Necromancer
    so Warlords of Draenor is /'woɹː.loɹːdz ʌv 'ɖɹæːn.oɹː/.
    I've always loved how in an attempt to make pronunciation through text easier to understand people have created a seemingly alien cypher for which few people without a degree related to language would ever been able to understand.

Quote Originally Posted by Sagenod View Post
    I think the tinker's class color would be gray, because steel and iron and machines.

Necromancer could be very light gray, because bones, or maybe black.

Bard likely could be a variation of yellow or brown. I'm going for a lighter brown.
    Last edited by Ielenia; 2020-05-24 at 05:41 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The taken colors are red, green, yellow, blue, orange, white, L Blue, Blue, Tan, L Green, Pink, and Purple.

I could imagine the Tinker's colors being brown.

Why not grey for Tinker, black for Necromancer, and yeah, I'd say brown mustard for Bard.

*In a not-so-distant future where people keep requesting more and more classes but want plans for them and keep making new threads as if they'll certainly be added at some point*

What colors should be used for the classes Bard, Necromancer, Tinker, Dragonsworn, Berserker, Shinobi, Walmart Employee, Horde Hunter, and X Æ A-12?

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    The taken colors are red, green, yellow, blue, orange, white, L Blue, Blue, Tan, L Green, Pink, and Purple.

I could imagine the Tinker's colors being brown.
    Warriors are brown. I think gray suits them best because it's the popular color of metal.

Black doesn't work, especially with all outlines and shadows.. 50% grey or 40% could work.
    Necro should be yellowish white, bone white in warhammer paint.

Bard gets none.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

i think tinkers would be a copper like color. like warrior brown but lighter. bards don't really have a class that's similar in anyway so it'd probably a new color scheme that hasn't been used so maybe gray or yellow. necromancers are similar to dk so i'd say like a rose red or darker pink. though i do think necromancer would just be better as a 4th spec for dk as an undead summoner since unholy is more disease based.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Warriors are brown. I think gray suits them best because it's the popular color of metal.
    It says here that Warriors are tan;

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Class_colors

That said, I imagine a Tinker could possibly also be grey.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Bard gets none.
    Yeah, I don't get why people believe Bards will be a thing given their near complete lack of existence in Warcraft. I even remember a tweet where a WoW developer said that they hated the idea of Bards. I'll have to find it.

That said, I am looking forward to Amunrasonther's upcoming Bard class thread.
    Last edited by Teriz; 2020-05-24 at 07:03 PM.

Colors still available:

Black
    Dark Green
    Army Green
    Neon versions of every color
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

I don't think black would go good with interface and fonts. I can totally see tinkers or necromancers having grey as their class color. For bards, I don't know, some shade of yellow?

Bard - bright yellow

Tinker - indigo blue

Necro - dark green
    Last edited by valky94; 2020-05-24 at 07:25 PM.

3+ Year Old Account
    Bard - medium brown (color of wood for their instruments, and their leather armor)
    Tinker - cyan blue (color of... Gnomish armor? Maybe I should've gone with purple instead)
    Necromancer - gray (the 'Children of the Grave' would use gray, as it's the color of bones)
    Last edited by LemonDemonGirl; 2020-05-24 at 07:32 PM.
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Yeah, I don't get why people believe Bards will be a thing given their near complete lack of existence in Warcraft. I even remember a tweet where a WoW developer said that they hated the idea of Bards. I'll have to find it.
    Teriz. Don't start, please. This isn't a "can class X happen?" thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Teriz. Don't start, please. This isn't a "can class X happen?" thread.
    Fine. What are your thoughts on my suggestion in the Bard thread? Feel free to answer there.

Bard - Peach
    Necromancer - Dark Gray
    Technologist - Gold

Please excuse my poor Photoshop skills . I had taken an image from someone who listed the current classes and their colors, and added the three new classes and colors to the bottom. However, now that I'm looking at it, for some reason the Druid color and the Paladin color have a neon looking tint that isn't their in the original image. Bah!

As I had mentioned in other threads, I'm currently working on a Bard class concept (Thank you @Teriz for the mention!). I wanted the Bard class color to be something light and close to the Paladin/Priest colors. The Necromancer class color was easy.

For a tech class, I despise the name "Tinker" and wanted something cooler and more in line with what I plan to do with my eventual tech class concept (which would include technologies from most of the other races in addition to Goblin/Gnome). Technologist is not final though. I also kind of like Technomancer. As for the color, gold seemed fitting since its a metal and all.

I'm also really happy @Sagenod made this thread. Future class colors is something I think of a lot XD.
    Last edited by Amunrasonther; 2020-05-24 at 09:05 PM.

Honestly, the only class from those three I would like to see is Necromancer, but I actually do not care that much for it either. I manually plotted the colors (X is hue and Y is brightness) to see the gaps and such (I should have used R, it took longer than expected). I put Priest there for convenience, since it is 0% black and 0% saturated, it fits any hue.

• The problem is it is getting too crowded. In the long run, they might want to change some of the colors to create more space.
    • As it was mentioned, I think peach or gold works for bard.
    • All of the existing classes have rather light colors, but I think Necromancer needs a more morbid color since the other possible colors would be too close to the existing ones. The purple one is nice but it is too dark (to differentiate it from DH). The other one feels affliction-like, which could work? I have a light purple one with full saturation (comes right after Warlock), but it sort of makes your eyes bleed. The saturated green could maybe pass as toxic green, but it looks more like forest green. They would need to support it with class spells class spells, but it could work.
    • I do not think they would use neutral gray for Tinker. They sometimes use shades of gray for priest, you would need a really dark gray for contrast, which could cause some conflicts with UI and such. So I tried to give a hue to Tinker. A rust-like, green-ish or brown-ish color could work for it. Honestly, they could choose any color, use it a lot with their spell animations, and we would perceive that color suits them. (Sort of like what they did with Monk.) A more bronze-like color could fit better, but it would be either too similar to Warrior or it would be too brown, and I think they do not want to have brown. They would probably use it with Warrior, Hunter, or Monk if they wanted it? If brown was possible, I would make some changes and give Rogue green. I think yellow just does not suit Rogue. Maybe Tinker could get yellow if they changed?
    Last edited by Ezekeel; 2020-05-25 at 12:15 AM.

I imagine one of them would have that green Demon Hunters originally utilized before they switched them over to dark purple.