Page 9 of 45 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I liked the cartoon networks Justice League the Animated Series cartoon a lot. It had great stories. I would much rather watch that.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Volatilis View Post
    Taking down a guy that if turned evil/having a bad day could wipe out the planet is the same as back alley mobsters shooting rich folk leaving the theater?

Ok.

They could of have superman do something to show off his perfect uncorruptable moral compass which earns batmans respect like in the other material that do it far better. But nah moms name it is. Much deep.
    He almost became that guy. Until he heard his mothers name, not knowing it was clarks moms name too. Brought him back from the brink. Also speaks volumes of the type of mother she was as well.
    “I've noticed that everybody that is for abortion has already been born.”
    ― Ronald Regan

Quote Originally Posted by Highelf View Post
    He almost became that guy. Until he heard his mothers name, not knowing it was clarks moms name too. Brought him back from the brink. Also speaks volumes of the type of mother she was as well.
    lol. dont even try and defend that horrific scene

What you're saying is that Batman choosing not to kill Superman is just because Kal just lucked out that his adoptive mother wasn't named "Sarah"....and you think this is a good story moment?

Doesn't that mean anyone with a mother named "Martha" gets a free pass with Batman?

If the Joker's mother was named Martha...Bruce would be like "Well, I know you killed Robin and god knows how many other people...but I just found out your mom is named Martha...so we're all good, bro."

I just hope they edit alot of LL and LL out and make Doomsday more Doomsday looking.

I never understand why people bitch about this scene.
    I like your deeper version but we just saw 30 min. before how the Flash traveled back in time and said to Batman "dont let her die" and after Sups said it too he understood his "dream/vision".

I liked his work on DC much better than the Marvel comedies and am glad this is coming. Justice League can't really get worse, so it's only up from here.

Man of Steel is my favorite superhero movie. Dawn of Justice could have better structure, but the scenes and atmosphere were great, cinematography was amazing.

Mind though, I am not a comic book fan and find comics quite ridiculous. The way Snyder does superheroes adds depth and feels more "adult". Yes, Ragnarock was very fun, but I see it indeed as a comedy. The little drops of drama in those movies is served very lightly. Whereas Snyder takes the drama bits from comics and expands them into great scenes.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Hbo you are better than this

This is like when you see a mega hot chick with a weasel of a boyfriend
    That's usually cos the boyfriend is more than meets the eye. She thinks he's worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Miyagie View Post

I never understand why people bitch about this scene.
    Because it's a terrible scene? "I'm not going to kill you because our mothers have the same first name".

Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    Because it's a terrible scene? "I'm not going to kill you because our mothers have the same first name".
    It is literally not that simple. Martha was a name that would have taken Batman aback since it was his mother's name. Gave Lois the time to convince Batman not to kill Superman.

Batman thought that Superman was an inhuman alien bent on destruction. But as he was dying his last words were to save a person with a human name. Then Lois runs in and tells him it's his mother's name. It changed Batman's entire way of thinking about Superman.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NihilSustinet View Post
    lol. dont even try and defend that horrific scene
    lol. I just did, everyone I watched it with really felt it too. I really liked it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by IIBloodXLustII View Post
    It is literally not that simple. Martha was a name that would have taken Batman aback since it was his mother's name. Gave Lois the time to convince Batman not to kill Superman.

Batman thought that Superman was an inhuman alien bent on destruction. But as he was dying his last words were to save a person with a human name. Then Lois runs in and tells him it's his mother's name. It changed Batman's entire way of thinking about Superman.
    I'll go a step further and say that Batman realized he was becoming the same type of person that killed his parents.
    ― Ronald Regan

Quote Originally Posted by IIBloodXLustII View Post

It is that simple. If Superman had said any other name than Martha...Lois doesn't have time to convince Batman not to kill him.

It wasn't "Why did you say A Person's Name?"...it was "Why did you say THAT name?!". It was specifically the name "Martha" that caused Bruce to pause. If Clark's Mother was "Sarah" and not "Martha"...he dies.
    Last edited by Egomaniac; 2020-05-25 at 03:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpcat View Post
    I liked his work on DC much better than the Marvel comedies and am glad this is coming. Justice League can't really get worse, so it's only up from here.

Man of Steel is my favorite superhero movie. Dawn of Justice could have better structure, but the scenes and atmosphere were great, cinematography was amazing.

Mind though, I am not a comic book fan and find comics quite ridiculous. The way Snyder does superheroes adds depth and feels more "adult". Yes, Ragnarock was very fun, but I see it indeed as a comedy. The little drops of drama in those movies is served very lightly. Whereas Snyder takes the drama bits from comics and expands them into great scenes.
    No wonder you enjoyed the Snyder garbage movies. You have the exact same mindset on comic books and super heroes that Snyder does. That's why his movies have a thicker gray filter than Tim Burton's movies do. He wants them to be dark and broody, which only works for Batman, and he couldn't even do that overdone flying rat well. DC thinks just because angsty Batman does good in the theaters that all their movies have to be that way (also the horrible flap that was Green Lantern). Luckily, they seem to be moving away from that with the Aquaman and Shazam movies being the opposite.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pachycrocuta View Post
    No wonder you enjoyed the Snyder garbage movies. You have the exact same mindset on comic books and super heroes that Snyder does. That's why his movies have a thicker gray filter than Tim Burton's movies do. He wants them to be dark and broody, which only works for Batman, and he couldn't even do that overdone flying rat well. DC thinks just because angsty Batman does good in the theaters that all their movies have to be that way (also the horrible flap that was Green Lantern). Luckily, they seem to be moving away from that with the Aquaman and Shazam movies being the opposite.
    Ben Affleck playing Batman in Snyders movie might be my fav film iteration of the character.
    ― Ronald Regan

15+ Year Old Account
    I enjoyed Justice League, just watched it yesterday. It felt too short and I heard the Snyder cut is using reshoots without the actors? So that's perfect, extend viewing time as long as it works.

Justice League compared to Avengers feels more organic to me, I also felt that the Justice League liked each other somewhat and actually stood for something. The Avengers are like a random group of vigilantes who don't even like each other and don't care about SHIELD and barely care about humanity.
    Also I feel like I got to know more about Flash in that one movie than I got to know Wanda, Bucky, Vision, War Machine and Black Widow in all the Marvel movies (excluding the Black Widow movie since I haven't seen it yet, it does interest me though). Also, excluding Gal Gadot, I really really like the other JL actors. Some of the Avengers actors are just meh and bore the crap out of me, Hulk's human form in the movies is so boring and under used, he straight up disappears for an entire movie. Sometimes he just appears; it's bizarre character "building", if you could even call it that, he's more like a Koolaid Man for the movie who just randomly busts through the wall to make the audience excited.

Cyborg was a more intriguing character than like 80% of the Avengers crew. Avengers built their universe well, but I think the characters themselves leave a lot to be desired because there's so many on the screen at once. Spider-Man felt like the biggest shoe-horn ever, he was pointless and his character wasn't build into the universe well.
    Last edited by msdos; 2020-05-25 at 04:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    That is the most low iq interpretation of that scene possible.

Sure, saying Martha made him pause but when Lois came in and said that it was his mothers name, Batman realized that this wasn’t just some alien. He had a mother. He had a family. He had people who loved him. In a way, he was more human that Bruce.
    Last edited by ohiostate124; 2020-05-25 at 03:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by msdos View Post
    I enjoyed Justice League, just watched it yesterday. It felt too short and I heard the Snyder cut is using reshoots without the actors? So that's perfect, extend viewing time as long as it works.

Justice League compared to Avengers feels more organic to me, I also felt that the Justice League liked each other somewhat and actually stood for something. The Avengers are like a random group of vigilantes who don't even like each other and don't care about SHIELD and barely care about humanity.
    Also I feel like I got to know more about Flash in that one movie than I got to know Wanda, Bucky, Vision, War Machine and Black Widow in all the Marvel movies (excluding the Black Widow movie since I haven't seen it yet, it does interest me though). Also, excluding Gal Gadot, I really really like the other JL actors. Some of the Avengers actors are just meh and bore the crap out of me, Hulk's human form in the movies is so boring and under used, he straight up disappears for an entire movie. Sometimes he just appears; it's bizarre character "building", if you could even call it that, he's more like a Koolaid Man for the movie who just randomly busts through the wall to make the audience excited.

Cyborg was a more intriguing character than like 80% of the Avengers crew. Avengers built their universe well, but I think the characters themselves leave a lot to be desired because there's so many on the screen at once. Spider-Man felt like the biggest shoe-horn ever, he was pointless and his character wasn't build into the universe well.
    I read it will be a 4 hour movie, cause his JL project was always supposed to be 2 movies.
    This means the story being told will make sense and characters will be better developed.

Quote Originally Posted by Miyagie View Post
    I just hope they edit alot of LL and LL out and make Doomsday more Doomsday looking.
    In case you are serious: Wrong movie.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    I read it will be a 4 hour movie, cause his JL project was always supposed to be 2 movies.
    This means the story being told will make sense and characters will be better developed.
    Yeah. I would've loved to see a little more of each hero. I have no complaints with the casting or acting in this movie, I genuinely wanted more. One thing this movie did well was portraying how much Superman loves the planet as a whole. Most hero gig things now are apathetic towards humanity or "above" it (Dr. Manhattan) or over it or hiding from it, etc, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by ohiostate124 View Post
    That is the most low iq interpretation of that scene possible.

Sure, saying Martha made him pause but when Lois came in and said that it was his mothers name, Batman realized that this wasn’t just some alien. He had a mother. He had a family. He had people who loved him. In a way, he was more human that Bruce.
    If it was any other name...Clark is dead. Bruce only paused because Clark said the name "Martha". The rational of "it made him human to Bruce" only applies because Bruce heard his mother's name. If Clark said "Sarah"...there would have been no hesitation. Maybe later he discovers that Clark was a real boy all along...but it's too late at that point. Superman's dead.
    Last edited by Egomaniac; 2020-05-25 at 05:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CostinR View Post
    While Snyder has done a lot of questionable of things in his projects I think most people can agree that BvS was a superior product to JL.

So I am quite interested in seeing what he has to offer here. It's also important for DC to have a GOOD Justice League movie if they are ever going match Marvel.
    I don't personally know a single person that feels this way. I don't think I exist that far outside the norm, so I'm going to assume that what you think and what is real are probably two different things.

Also, if you think this Snyder cut is going to qualify as a good enough movie to compete with Marvel, you're going to be in for quite a disappointment. DC/Warner Bros have given up on the idea of a shared continuity between films. They're concentrating on single character franchises with a few possible cross overs but nothing like the universe building that Marvel has done.

https://www.complex.com/pop-culture/...niverse-ending
    Last edited by Budong; 2020-05-25 at 05:49 AM.