Quote Originally Posted by tehealadin View Post
    Didn't watch the video, just seeing that still, holy fuck. I wonder if there will come a day when it is illegal for a cop to do that.
    It's already illegal. The problem is that cops don't get held accountable.

Quote Originally Posted by tehealadin View Post
    Didn't watch the video, just seeing that still, holy fuck. I wonder if there will come a day when it is illegal for a cop to do that.
    I'd be very surprised if it were legal for a cop to put his knee on someone's neck for a prolonged time. If you do it to subdue someone until he's restrained, okay, but after that it's assault.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaktar View Post
    You're a doctor if I recall correctly from the covid thread? Seems like you would know...
    No, us people who actually work in the healthcare have no idea about it. Don't you know?

You're a doctor if I recall correctly from the covid thread? Seems like you would know...
    Yeah, but @Machismo maneuvered himself in a corner with his first contribution being 100% wrong, and now he's trying to save face. also, seeing how the definition of strangulation is 'applying force to someones neck', you don't need to be a doctor to see if someone is being strangled.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    Doesn't matter what happened before and it doesn't matter what happened after. During is where the crime happens.
    Not necessarily, what happened in the preceding and prior 10 minutes most certainly could change the results of a court case.

Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    Not necessarily, what happened in the preceding and prior 10 minutes most certainly could change the results of a court case.
    It doesn't matter what happened. It's never justified use of force to kill someone that's already incapacitated.

Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    Yeah, but @Machismo maneuvered himself in a corner with his first contribution being 100% wrong, and now he's trying to save face. also, seeing how the definition of strangulation is 'applying force to someones neck', you don't need to be a doctor to see if someone is being strangled.
    And, i wanted to use the more general term (asphyxiation), since we have yet to get an autopsy result. You seemed to get very angry at the thought of doing so.

You have yourself a lovely day.

There is no 10 minute sequence which leads to that being justifiable. If - if - pinning the guy with your knee until he's unconscious were justifiable, if I grant that premise, it is still utterly unjustifiable to continue to do so after he passes out. While staring down at him, fully aware of what is happening.

And pinning him like that wasn't justifiable in the first place.

There is no 10 minute sequence which leads to that being justifiable. If - if - pinning the guy with your knee until he's unconscious were justifiable, if I grant that premise, it is still utterly unjustifiable to continue to do so after he passes out. While staring down at him, fully aware of what is happening.

And pinning him like that wasn't justifiable in the first place.
    This is very much true. There was no resisting going on, so keeping him like that was absolutely the wrong thing to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    And, i wanted to use the more general term (asphyxiation), since we have yet to get an autopsy result. You seemed to get very angry at the thought of doing so.

You have yourself a lovely day.
    No, I'm just getting annoyed by someone not knowing what they are talking about and then trying to weasel their way out of it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Heran View Post
    It doesn't matter what happened. It's never justified use of force to kill someone that's already incapacitated.
    Yeah but the problem in court will be proving that lethal force was applied intentionally vs accidentally. I think people who view everything as a smoking gun are setting themselves up for disappointment.

Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    No, I'm just getting annoyed by someone not knowing what they are talking about and then trying to weasel their way out of it.
    Could it have been asphyxiation?

It doesn't matter if the suspect killed 50 people. He had been restrained.

Yeah but the problem in court will be proving that lethal force was applied intentionally vs accidentally. I think people who view everything as a smoking gun are setting themselves up for disappointment.
    You don't accidentally use force enough to kill someone.

I doubt anyone here is expecting a conviction, but if this weren't a cop the intentionality of his actions wouldn't even be in question. You can plainly see in the video that he's staring at the victim while he dies. While a crowd of people is explaining what he is doing. Couldn't be more obvious.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    It doesn't matter if the suspect killed 50 people. He had been restrained.
    And? That never means that a judge or jury will throw out the events that lead up to and followed the incident.

10+ Year Old Account
    So on Twitter I was reading tweets of people saying there is a "second video" of this incident from another angle. Is anyone also aware of these tweets and can confirm of a second video?

Fuck these racists.
    change can't wait.

That is disgusting. The man(regardless of what he did) has clearly been subdued and to do what that cop is doing there, i can't find the words. He is purposely trying to suffocate the guy.

I am not even sure if you can classify that as murder to be honest, that act is beyond that, its evil and hope that cop if you can even call him that needs to go to jail for a very long time.

And? That never means that a judge or jury will throw out the events that lead up to and followed the incident.
    According to the law, it does. The law says that lethal force is only authorized if the subject is an immediate threat to the officer or others. In this case, he was not.