Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    Rexxar was handled well
    Because he is basically an orc, people address him as half breed, but he behaves entirely like your everyday orc.

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Because he is basically an orc, people address him as half breed, but he behaves entirely like your everyday orc.
    Ι'd say Rexxar acts more like an ogre trying to blend in with the orcs. He is, after all, "the Last Son of the Mok'Nathal". He knows he ain't one of them, and he accepts it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalinos View Post
    Ι'd say Rexxar acts more like an ogre trying to blend in with the orcs. He is, after all, "the Last Son of the Mok'Nathal". He knows he ain't one of them, and he accepts it.
    He has yet to display something that is not orcish, the only time his ogre heritage was of relevance was during his challenge for leadership of an ogre clan, otherwise he displays none of their traits, he is basically just a bigger orc, ogres don't care for honor or nature after all.

To put it simply being Mok'nathal does not define him at all.

He has yet to display something that is not orcish, the only time his ogre heritage was of relevance was during his challenge for leadership of an ogre clan, otherwise he displays none of their traits, he is basically just a bigger orc, ogres don't care for honor or nature after all.

To be fair to Rexxar's portrayal, I've got absolutely no idea what Mok'nathal-specific culture is even after having done their quests except that they strive to be more pacifist. Even the quests called "to be mok'nathal" just has you kill named wildlife. So he is actually reacting to that culture by instead acting more like an orc.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

Blood Knights did nothing wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    To be fair to Rexxar's portrayal, I've got absolutely no idea what Mok'nathal-specific culture is even after having done their quests except that they strive to be more pacifist. Even the quests called "to be mok'nathal" just has you kill named wildlife. So he is actually reacting to that culture by instead acting more like an orc.
    Which is another problem the vast majority of the races in the wow are just incredibly underdeveloped, we hardly know anything about most of them, their culture, outlook etc. the mok'nathal as a whole are a failure, because they are pretty much nothing, they are just there.

Even the major races in the spotlight tend to be superficial developed.

Why? Half breeds need to be handled with care, something blizz isn't really capable off, writing them as some awesome overpowered existence would be the trope they'd be going for and that route is downright trash.
    I love halfbreeds. The ones in Shrek were great.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Speaking of half-breeds, the new shorter blood elf ears look very much like what I'd expect a half-elf half-human to have. At least on the guys. On the girls, it's not nearly as weird-looking.

Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    From what I've seen the criticism didn't occur at the time, but later down the line, when they started doing shit that "redeemed" Paladins shouldn't be doing, like fighting for blatantly evil genocidal maniacs... If they were "redeemed" they never should have been on board with any of that shit, so they would have been better off leaving them as they were so their behavior would have at least made sense.
    i wasn't under the impression that redemption at one point in the story was a permanent state to never allow for other events to take place...

also, if you want to talk about paladins working with leaders who've participated in genocide >.>

I think you might need to brush up on your lore and how Banners for the golden lions have interacted with other parties

- - - Updated - - -

Which is another problem the vast majority of the races in the wow are just incredibly underdeveloped, we hardly know anything about most of them, their culture, outlook etc. the mok'nathal as a whole are a failure, because they are pretty much nothing, they are just there.

Even the major races in the spotlight tend to be superficial developed.
    that bold bit... YES so much YES. too many races are little more than an extension of the faction leader of a story arc. Tauren we don't really look at beyond those under thunderbluff and then maybe the Grimtotems. There are more than ten tribes listed in various sources and we only hear about Bloodhoof, grimtotem and now the highmountain tribes.

some other races are poor stereotypes and little more than jokes in most cases, forsaken are probably the worst offenders here where they are either an extension of a cult of personality OR murderous psychopaths with little in between outside of BFA bringing in a bunch of EMO self hating fools who can't figure out their place in the world seemingly solely for Caelia to guide.

They didn't need redemption. It took out grey out of the Blood Elves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by united View Post
    This seems to be a popular opinion in discussion regarding Lady Liadrin and the Blood Knights -- that it was a bad thing that the Blood Knights are no longer enslaving naaru, and that it's bad that they're no longer "edgier" paladins or whatever.

I don't understand that hot take. Liadrin actually was always a devout follower of the Light, it's just that her ideals were shaken when Arthas sacked Quel'thalas. This to me is understandable, Arthas screwed a lot of people's lives up in many different ways. But why is it a bad thing for blood elves to have become redeemed at the end of the BC? I've seen so many people criticize this decision and I don't get why. To me it seems like the natural way to go when telling a story of redemption and moving past Arthas' reign.
    Because in a RL where thinks can get very gritty at times...people want everything to be edgy and gritty? Like BfA wasn't gritty and dark enough for them and they want it darker...some people are just edgelords who get off on death and destruction.

His style and culture though, is more like pre-horde orcs, but not really like the modern Orcs of the Horde.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fetus Rex View Post
    They didn't need redemption. It took out grey out of the Blood Elves.
    Imagine when the Light does it's big evil thing, they would have made a good faction to fight against it, being that they didn't respect it to begin with.

I'd question how exactly ogre culture works cause i don't see much difference between ogres and what people keep saying orc culture is. I mean there was the ogrila clan and the highmaul mages/shaman but in general I don't see much differences between ogre warriors and orcs warriors (except for the ogres usually being comically stupid)

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kithelle View Post
    Because in a RL where thinks can get very gritty at times...people want everything to be edgy and gritty? Like BfA wasn't gritty and dark enough for them and they want it darker...some people are just edgelords who get off on death and destruction.
    When the entire cast of your game is a bunch of goody-goody two shoes who are always in agreement with each other, one or two edgelords can be quite welcome. Too bad that Danuser loves to talk about Nuance™, but fails spectacularly when trying to pen something with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    When the entire cast of your game is a bunch of goody-goody two shoes who are always in agreement with each other, one or two edgelords can be quite welcome. Too bad that Danuser loves to talk about Nuance™, but fails spectacularly when trying to pen something with it.
    Well it's a good thing that the entire cast isn't that