10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Nobody knows really.

In our case there are 2 camps of thought on this one, both are well supported by medical figureheads of prominence, so you can't even assume one is more ignorant than the other. There is a 2nd wave will be much bigger and more severe with even more damage camp, while on the other side there is a camp that says we will be much more prepared to face that wave than we were first time around and thus the damage will be limited.

The only thing that seems to be agreed on that there will be some sort of 2nd wave one way or another.
    Hmm makes sense.
    I'd say economic damage will be significant but death toll will probably be less. It all depends on how quickly and how aggressively our heads of state react.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Quite frankly, as a side onlooker - you guys look almost as conspiracy theories pushers. I totally fail to see the difference between the likes of you and the likes of alt-right. Ah yes, of course you will respond that the difference is that you are the "right and correct" ones. Hilarious.
    The fact you're comparing me to the Alt-Right shows you're ignorant on Politics, USA and the Alt-Right.

But I mean, it's your fight, so keep up the good work. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Not sure why you people keep polluting this thread with that crap, but I imagine it's because you guys think that USA is the only country in the world. #MAGA and all, just blue-tinted in your case.
    I never said or even suggested what you posted. You're being petty.
    Last edited by szechuan; 2020-05-27 at 01:06 PM.
    A Fetus is not a person under the 14th amendment.

Christians are Forced Birth Fascists against Human Rights who indoctrinate and groom children. Prove me wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Hmm makes sense.
    I'd say economic damage will be significant but death toll will probably be less. It all depends on how quickly and how aggressively our heads of state react.
    Much depends on preparation, first time the legitimate excuse is that we all got caught unprepared to lesser or greater extent. But next time this won't fly.

I just hope there will be some middle ground, because full lockdown did a lot of damage and in our case in particular there are many murmurs about how the damage caused ended up being greater than the damage prevented. Spiking from 4% unemployment to 21% is nothing short of a disaster for the country and many families.

I hope that there will be a decent treatment by the time 2nd wave hits. Vaccine in 2020 seems unrealistic, but maybe they will manage to find a decent existing medicine that actually deals with this relatively successfully, then maybe such a severe lockdown as we had can be prevented. It's no joke.
    Last edited by Gaidax; 2020-05-27 at 11:46 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why is everyone assuming that?
    The first wave hit us by surprise. We know a second wave is most likely coming and people are prepping for it while the first wave is still on it's way out.
    By the time the numbers start to climb again, everyone knows the drill already.
    "Everyone" may know the drill but as we've seen not everyone follows it. People already have trouble with the concept of "wearing a mask" to enter a business because it's their policy. The places it hit hardest and took it serious, like WA, NY, NJ, or PA will lock that shit down fast, and get called tyrants saving the lives of the very people calling for their heads. FL, MO, GA, and places that really didn't do much except "Y'all play nice now, ya hear!" won't listen. For Freedom. For Liberty. For Haircuts.

People don't care and demand their whims be catered to because "it's not that bad", and "can't I just sit down for 5 minutes for my coffee and read the news? This is like slavery." to "Not being able to go to restaurants and sit down is frustrating." #firstworldproblems starring Chad and Karen.

Second wave should be worse than the first overall. State revenue is down, social services are taking a hit from tons of people needing help. Budgets get trimmed. Gotta cut somewhere. Red states take that as slashing social services. Leaving more people vulnerable when they need help the most. Unemployment lasts 26 weeks (For me working in PA, but YMMV) and the 600 dollar HOLY SHIT THIS IS BAD SPEND IT NOW goes away in July. Getting approx 50% of your pay doesn't cut it in a lot of places. People whose jobs are completely gone will be screwed. Evictions are restarting in some states. Homelessness rises, with social services gutted. Third wave? Probably not as bad if the second fucks things up good since people NOW will listen. But who am I kidding.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by Poopymonster View Post
    Red states take that as slashing social services. Getting approx 50% of your pay doesn't cut it in a lot of places. People whose jobs are completely gone will be screwed. Evictions are restarting in some states. Homelessness rises, with social services gutted.
    In Japan they spent 1trillion dollars and gave 100k yen to every Japanese Citizen, Gave 100% Salary Wages for Small Businesses, and Laid off Workers effected by the Coronavirus.
    A Fetus is not a person under the 14th amendment.

Christians are Forced Birth Fascists against Human Rights who indoctrinate and groom children. Prove me wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by szechuan View Post
    In Japan they spent 1trillion dollars and gave 100k yen to every Japanese Citizen, Gave 100% Salary Wages for Small Businesses, and Laid off Workers effected by the Coronavirus.
    That's what's called "Doing it right."

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

Why is everyone assuming that?
    The first wave hit us by surprise. We know a second wave is most likely coming and people are prepping for it while the first wave is still on it's way out.
    By the time the numbers start to climb again, everyone knows the drill already.
    Because you start from a higher point, and as long as there is no significant measure in place to stop a rapid spread, like a decent chunk of immune people or vaccination, there is little to stop it from going as far up as the first wave. Since there is no 0 value inbetween the waves, but the infection starts picking up while the first wave subsides, second waves tend to hit harder in sheer number. And since there is a significant delay inbetween number of infections going up and that actually showing in statistics due to the long incubation period, reaction will be delayed. In theory, the second wave could be ongoing now, and we'd see a drastic spike in cases in a couple of days. Start implementing measures then it will still take over a weak until the wave peaks.

And there is no guarantee that the second wave will be the last. Even if we assume the number of infected is 100 times higher than recorded, which is incredibly unlikely, and all of those infected have an immunity for wave two, that still leaves over seven billion people that can get infected.
    Last edited by Skulltaker; 2020-05-27 at 01:29 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Before the start of 2020, I made a predictions that by the end of the Summer we would be in the throws of Civil War in the U.S, there were many reasons for this prediction, however I have almost never made a prediction that I have been wrong about except for the 2018 elections, I didn't believe a blue wave was coming.

That said just because I made the prediction it wasn't me trying to suggest any magic, just my opinion based on trends and socially where people were and that was before this Pandemic. I honestly can say I WISH I was more wrong about this, but when this Covid 19 hit and as everyone is reacting, I am pretty much still hoping I am wrong.

However one thing I think could happen is IF there is a Vaccine announced before July, or at least projected to realistically available by Fall, My guess is the pandemic might actually wind up preventing any more civil unrest.

Bottom line if we get a Vaccine, the damage has all been done, but more to the point all this goes away, and we can get things back to normal ASAP.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    Before the start of 2020, I made a predictions that by the end of the Summer we would be in the throws of Civil War in the U.S, there were many reasons for this prediction, however I have almost never made a prediction that I have been wrong about except for the 2018 elections, I didn't believe a blue wave was coming.

That said just because I made the prediction it wasn't me trying to suggest any magic, just my opinion based on trends and socially where people were and that was before this Pandemic. I honestly can say I WISH I was more wrong about this, but when this Covid 19 hit and as everyone is reacting, I am pretty much still hoping I am wrong.

However one thing I think could happen is IF there is a Vaccine announced before July, or at least projected to realistically available by Fall, My guess is the pandemic might actually wind up preventing any more civil unrest.

Bottom line if we get a Vaccine, the damage has all been done, but more to the point all this goes away, and we can get things back to normal ASAP.
    The average American is obese, stressed and heavily in debt the only war they are fighting is against a flight of stairs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    The average American is obese, stressed and heavily in debt the only war they are fighting is against a flight of stairs.

You were saying?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    Because you start from a higher point, and as long as there is no significant measure in place to stop a rapid spread, like a decent chunk of immune people or vaccination, there is little to stop it from going as far up as the first wave. Since there is no 0 value inbetween the waves, but the infection starts picking up while the first wave subsides, second waves tend to hit harder in sheer number. And since there is a significant delay inbetween number of infections going up and that actually showing in statistics due to the long incubation period, reaction will be delayed.
    Sure but given the fact that our governments hesitated and derped around for almost a month in the beginning of the first wave, if that doesn't happen the second time around, I don't see why we couldn't contain it faster.

I doubt the second wave will be the last, I'd wager that the waves will keep coming indefinitely. Just like Influenza waves come indefinitely.

You were saying?
    And how many of those people are there out of 350 million people? this is the equivalent of taking a picture of a KKK rally and saying that's America. We can barely get people to vote and you think they are going to go to war.

10+ Year Old Account
    You were saying?
    What's with you people and your fetish for lead spitters?!

15+ Year Old Account
    The guy with the helmet and sunglasses on the right looks like having a semi boner.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    And how many of those people are there out of 350 million people? this is the equivalent of taking a picture of a KKK rally and saying that's America. We can barely get people to vote and you think they are going to go to war.
    Most wars including the Civil war consisted of a fraction of the over all general populace fighting or being fit to fight as to your question of how many of these people exist, at least a few thousand and in many case they outnumber many police and even the military in certain parts of the country.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    The guy with the helmet and sunglasses on the right looks like having a semi boner.
    Doesn't look so semi to me.

Most wars including the Civil war consisted of a fraction of the over all general populace fighting or being fit to fight as to your question of how many of these people exist, at least a few thousand and in many case they outnumber many police and even the military in certain parts of the country.
    I hate to break it to you but these nut jobs have always been around out of a population that large you will always have thousands of them they don't outnumber or outgun the police or even our armed forces. The 98-99% of people will continue to see them as crazies, the US has always had domestic terrorists and extremists they have killed more people than foreign ones. They aren't going away but in order for there to be a civil war regular people have to not see them as crazies and join in.

10+ Year Old Account
    As been pointed out, stressed out paranoid caffeinated and many on drugs, prescription and recreational. These protest are happening over haircuts essentially people who don't want to follow quarantine for the safety of their own communities.

As unemployment skyrockets, and if as states begin to reopen crippled and hobbling going forward, if history is any indication of the future and human nature is what it is, I said what I said.

We need or better have vaccination to get things back to normal, or things right now are going to be a dream compared to 6 months from now.

10+ Year Old Account

You were saying?
    The only thing the guys in that pic look like they could defend is their virginity.

Doesn't look so semi to me.
    It's the only time they can get one.