15+ Year Old Account
    https://svenska.yle.fi/artikel/2020/...fektionslakare

All infections for the last month in western Finland (Pohjanmaa) have come from Sweden.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    I repeat my estimate. At least a million dead in the USA within the next 2 years. Stretch goals at 2 and 3 million.
    That won't happen, at very most you are looking at maybe 300k.

It's just a nature of this thing US or no, it's already being stalled even in US, let alone other countries that were on the ball.

For example, locally, it's all but stopped now. we register around +10-20 new cases daily and +0-2 deaths daily. There is an expectation for this to pick up again by autumn, but at that point we will be 10 times more prepared than in March.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    It's just a nature of this thing US or no, it's already being stalled even in US, let alone other countries that were on the ball.
    It's going to go back up, and in some states they're close to running out of ICU's.

The number will definitely be higher then 300k if we're expecting a Vaccine by the Next Year.

For example, locally, it's all but stopped now. we register around +10-20 new cases daily and +0-2 deaths daily. There is an expectation for this to pick up again by autumn, but at that point we will be 10 times more prepared than in March.
    You don't live in the USA.
    Last edited by szechuan; 2020-05-27 at 10:13 AM.
    A Fetus is not a person under the 14th amendment.

Christians are Forced Birth Fascists against Human Rights who indoctrinate and groom children. Prove me wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by szechuan View Post
    You don't live in the USA.
    No I don't, but US is not somehow unique in this - the trend is going downwards worldwide even in hotspots that were far worse than US. US is definitely not doing amazingly, but it's definitely better than Spain and Italy for one.

Mostly it boils down to population finally getting the message through, which eventually happens everywhere, even in US.

You may say "but we have *them* that do *stupid things*", but many countries have similar situation one way or another, we had out own religious nuts who resisted the restriction to very end until their community leaders' and their relatives started dying and getting hauled to hospitals in droves that they woke up and directed their mindless drones to follow the restrictions.

Ultimately it's a big numbers rule, even if you have 10% of your population being retards that need to forced into submission - you will still stabilize.

Mostly it boils down to population finally getting the message through, which eventually happens everywhere, even in US.
    LMAO have you seen the messages from the Trump Administration and with Medical Experts like Fauci getting silenced and Smeared by the Right Wing?

You may say "but we have *them* that do *stupid things*", but many countries have similar situation one way or another, we had out own religious nuts who resisted the restriction to very end until their community leaders' and their relatives started dying and getting hauled to hospitals in droves that they woke up and directed their mindless drones to follow the restrictions.
    Most countries don't have Presidents and Trumpists wanting to make Religion as Essential and not Wearing Masks, and it does not seem like they have a very Vocal and Strong Religious Right Wing and Right Wing Christian Politicians who support Trump compared to the USA.

Ultimately it's a big numbers rule, even if you have 10% of your population being retards that need to forced into submission - you will still stabilize.
    Trumps Fanbase is much bigger then 10%, Anti-Mask Idiocy is at an all time high with Trump starting a Culture war over one.

Christians are Forced Birth Fascists against Human Rights who indoctrinate and groom children. Prove me wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    LMAO have you seen the messages from the Trump Administration and with Medical Experts like Fauci getting silenced and Smeared by the Right Wing?

Most countries don't have Presidents and Trumpists wanting to make Religion as Essential and not Wearing Masks, and it does not seem like they have a very Vocal and Strong Religious Right Wing and Right Wing Christian Politicians who support Trump compared to the USA.

Trumps Fanbase is much bigger then 10%, Anti-Mask Idiocy is at an all time high with Trump starting a Culture war over one.
    I understand you are pretty laser focused on making this whole thing political, but in the end numbers be numbers and the trend is pretty clear. US is way past the window where it could turn into apocalypse you proclaim. There won't be millions of dead in US, there won't even be 500k, the curve is simply not there even if 2nd wave happens.

I'm curious to hear how Italy and Spain are doing. Is the curve finally being flattened in those countries yet? Surely their citizens aren't still on full lockdown, right?

10+ Year Old Account
    I understand you are pretty laser focused on making this whole thing political, but in the end numbers be numbers and the trend is pretty clear. US is way past the window where it could turn into apocalypse you proclaim. There won't be millions of dead in US, there won't even be 500k, the curve is simply not there even if 2nd wave happens.
    Pretty much. Corona isn't deadly enough for such an apocalypse.

Whether the US will accrue 500K+ over the next years depends on whether they handle the following waves better than the first one and of course on how many waves will follow.

15+ Year Old Account

that was kind of the same thing during the Spanish Flu pandemic. its first round wasnt nearly as bad as the second. and currently were in the same trajectory as that flu had. where the First wave dies down a bit during the Summer Months then flares up in a much much much worse way during the Fall. Now I can see us not hitting the spanish flu level of deaths simply because of the advancement in technology and stuff. but make no mistake. the Second wave will be Worse than the first one.

I understand you are pretty laser focused on making this whole thing political, but in the end numbers be numbers and the trend is pretty clear.
    It isn't, and it is political for good reason.

US is way past the window where it could turn into apocalypse you proclaim. There won't be millions of dead in US, there won't even be 500k, the curve is simply not there even if 2nd wave happens.
    Hyperbolic, I only said it would be higher then 300k. I never said it would turn into an Apocalypse, The Curve will be off in certain states, The Numbers in the USA aren't that accurate and more then 100k people have already died from the Coronavirus.

We haven't even hit the Second Wave yet and Trump and the Federal Government Playing Down the Virus yet again with No Mask Propaganda spreading among many other issues among States and State to State parties.

there won't even be 500k
    It can still reach 500k.
    Last edited by szechuan; 2020-05-27 at 11:00 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The numbers in US are as accurate as it gets.

US does not uniquely suffer from reporting issues and now that dust settles questions are being raised whether people who were tested positive/negative were indeed such and whether people who died from other causes actually dies of this.

I totally get it, Donald Trump is an evil incarnate and is hellbent on destroying everything. We got it, but in the end US is a bit too big for one guy to ruin in less than 4 years, so chillax there, m8. He's not barging in into hospitals with a hammer and smashing them ventilators and personnel alike.

US will handle this pandemic and you won't have any more than 300k dead if that. Big number sure, but par the course with various EU countries when you do the headcount as % of population. It would still be among the worse hit countries, but US has so much resources it can ultimately deal with fallout better than most.

Countries like Spain and Italy will be set back a decades or two. They were not in best shape in even before (understatement of the year). US will get over it in a matter of couple of years, simply because they can pour almost limitless $$ on all of it.
    Last edited by Gaidax; 2020-05-27 at 11:07 AM.

The numbers in US are as accurate as it gets.
    It isn't.

US does not uniquely suffer from reporting issues and now that dust settles questions are being raised whether people who were tested positive/negative were indeed such and whether people who died from other causes actually dies of this.
    Compared to other first world countries they do.

I totally get it, Donald Trump is an evil incarnate and is hellbent on destroying everything. We got it, but in the end US is a bit too big for one guy to ruin in less than 4 years, so chillax there, m8.
    you don't live in the USA.

US will handle this pandemic and you won't have any more than 300k dead if that.
    It can reach 300k.

Big number sure, but par the course with various EU countries when you do the headcount as % of population.
    For now.
    Last edited by szechuan; 2020-05-27 at 11:08 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Compared to other first world countries they do.
    Puhlease... kekw...

Just now we casually got notified by Ministry of Health officials that ~20% of the tests taken were false positives and almost 40% of serology tests returned erroneous results and you think the numbers shared everywhere are even close to reality?

It's not some US-only problem. US numbers, Italy numbers, X numbers - it's all best effort numbers there, especially considering testing practices. But at least it's not China or Russia with their outright bullshit made up statistics.

US will get over it in a matter of couple of years, simply because they can pour almost limitless $$ on all of it.
    LMAO. They won't, we have a Republican Government that wants you do to die for the Economy and Think there are more important issues things than living.

It's not some US-only problem. US numbers, Italy numbers, X numbers - it's all best effort numbers there, especially considering testing practices. But at least it's not China or Russia with their outright bullshit made up statistics.
    I never said it was a US Only problem, That is a Strawman.
    Last edited by szechuan; 2020-05-27 at 11:25 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syce View Post
    the Second wave will be Worse than the first one.
    Why is everyone assuming that?
    The first wave hit us by surprise. We know a second wave is most likely coming and people are prepping for it while the first wave is still on it's way out.
    By the time the numbers start to climb again, everyone knows the drill already.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    The first wave hit us by surprise. We know a second wave is most likely coming and people are prepping for it while the first wave is still on it's way out.
    Nobody knows really.

In our case there are 2 camps of thought on this one, both are well supported by medical figureheads of prominence, so you can't even assume one is more ignorant than the other. There is a 2nd wave will be much bigger and more severe with even more damage camp, while on the other side there is a camp that says we will be much more prepared to face that wave than we were first time around and thus the damage will be limited.

The only thing that seems to be agreed on that there will be some sort of 2nd wave one way or another.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post

Quarantine Measures were in place before The Spanish Flu second wave hit in the USA, Preparing hospital beds etc. doesn't mean more people won't die or get infected either, There's no Cure.

- - - Updated - - -

Nobody knows really.
    Fair enough, i'm predicting it will be about 300k-500k before we get a Vaccine. I don't want the Deaths to reach those numbers.
    Last edited by szechuan; 2020-05-27 at 11:31 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quarantine Measures were in place before The Spanish Flu second wave hit in the USA, Preparing hospital beds etc. doesn't mean more people won't die or get infected either, There's no Cure.
    I think you are missing one important fact there. We're 100 years forward in time nowadays, back in the day they had to handle this with tools and knowledge that is almost archaic by current standards, things have changed quite a bit since, I assure you.

- - - Updated - - -

Fair enough, i'm predicting it will be about 300k-500k before we get a Vaccine.
    My 8-ball says 250k, totally educated guess there based on *stuff* and *things*.

I think you are missing one important fact there. We're 100 years forward in time nowadays, back in the day they had to handle this with tools and knowledge that is almost archaic by current standards, things have changed quite a bit since, I assure you.
    You're also missing the fact that you Don't have Republicans like Trump or Trumpers that say think you should die for the Economy while Silencing Medical Experts and shilling Anti-Mask Propaganda.

My 8-ball says 250k, totally educated guess there based on *stuff* and *things*.
    And my Educated Guess is around 300-500k. I hope America proves me wrong.
    Last edited by szechuan; 2020-05-27 at 11:36 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You're also missing the fact that you Don't have Republicans like Trump or Trumpers that say think you should die for the Economy while Silencing Medical Experts and shilling Anti-Mask Propaganda.
    Quite frankly, as a side onlooker - you guys look almost as conspiracy theories pushers. I totally fail to see the difference between the likes of you and the likes of alt-right. Ah yes, of course you will respond that the difference is that you are the "right and correct" ones. Hilarious.

But I mean, it's your fight, so keep up the good work. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Not sure why you people keep polluting this thread with that crap, but I imagine it's because you guys think that USA is the only country in the world. #MAGA and all, just blue-tinted in your case.