Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Well the blue eyes for Belves is a giant slap in the face, why not just give regular green eyed Belves to the Alliance at this point anyways, Blizzard clearly has no regard for the faction divide anyways. Probably loads of goblins that would like to join the Alliance, let them as well, same with Tauren.

I mean, honestly. This is insulting to the Alliance. High Elves have blatantly been Alliance aligned. Not even like Blizzard has been coy about this, they flaunt at every chance they get.
    Alliance has had loyal Goblin operatives since Classic. Goblins are the epitome of a neutral race.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rampagingtaco43 View Post
    Does anyone think the Venthyr covenant ability is balance-able (I know a lot of people think it will be required for raiding and mythic+)? Like would it make it more fair if the teleport covenant ability has a long cast time (e.g. 4-5 seconds) so that it can't be abused in all raid situations since you would lose a lot of DPS if you use it in combat or not be able to get it off in time before a raid boss "beam" hits you.
    Unless it is stopped from working in dungeons and raids, it will be absolute, required BiS for m+ and extremely powerful in raids.

Hope y'all love Venthyr aesthetics.

I think the covenant utility racials (not the class ones) will be disabled in PVE/instanced content. Thinks like fleshcraft and the teleport are too powerful in PVE and could also really suck in PVP, let alone railroading people into choosing certain ones.

They may let them be used in Torghast though.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    You're in the clear minority here considering most people seem to understand Blizzard's intentions of "here's this thing you asked for plus more".
    It isnt what we asked for though, what High elf fans want is to be able to play as the blue eyed High elves that Blizzard consistently show as Alliance aligned. So far there has yet to be a blue eyed Belf that I know of. Blizzard adding that opportunity to the belves is essentially them giving the Horde something the Alliance want for no good reason other than to appease the Horde who don't care about it.

Imagine if every Leper Gnome we saw was Horde aligned or Neutral and Blizzard was extremely insistent on them being Horde aligned. Eventually you got Horde groups who wanted ot play as Leper gnomes and Blizzard kept insisting that the regular Alliance gnomes were the same thing. Noone on Alliance cared, but then one day the Alliance got Leper gnomes as a customization option playable. Noone on Alliance cares, but for those on the Horde who wanted it, it would be a giant slap in the face, because Blizzard would have given Alliance something they neither care about, and simultaneously denied the Horde of something they wanted, and all this would be done for no reason.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Alliance has had loyal Goblin operatives since Classic. Goblins are the epitome of a neutral race.

- - - Updated - - -

Unless it is stopped from working in dungeons and raids, it will be absolute, required BiS for m+ and extremely powerful in raids.

Hope y'all love Venthyr aesthetics.
    Not if the dungeons are tuned in a way that makes skipping pointless, or mobs that one would want to skip being mandatory.
    Not to mention, the DPS ability might be terrible for that class, which is probably more important for those competing at that level. Far more likely we still see all Nelf groups that allow you to choose the covenant that is best for DPS.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

It isnt what we asked for though, what High elf fans want is to be able to play as the blue eyed High elves that Blizzard consistently show as Alliance aligned. So far there has yet to be a blue eyed Belf that I know of. Blizzard adding that opportunity to the belves is essentially them giving the Horde something the Alliance want for no good reason other than to appease the Horde who don't care about it.
    But you can play as a blue eyed high elf, they just turn purple in combat and have different voices/hair. Otherwise the models are identical.

Going off the lore they even are LITERALLY blue eyed high elves going off Telogrus Rift.

If you were upset about no paladin elf on Alliance I would understand.

I think the covenant utility racials (not the class ones) will be disabled in PVE/instanced content. Thinks like fleshcraft and the teleport are too powerful in PVE and could also really suck in PVP, let alone railroading people into choosing certain ones.

They may let them be used in Torghast though.
    It isnt that good. It just looks that way because we assume dungeons will be similar to what we have now. It is the same thing as when players were afraid of all DH groups because of their doublejump. Far more likely the dungeons will be designed in a way that keeps the ability in mind.

7+ Year Old Account
    Far more likely the dungeons will be designed in a way that keeps the ability in mind.
    They are not gonna design all their dungeons around a single ability....

Formerly known as Arafal

It isnt that good. It just looks that way because we assume dungeons will be similar to what we have now. It is the same thing as when players were afraid of all DH groups because of their doublejump. Far more likely the dungeons will be designed in a way that keeps the ability in mind.
    I agree that dungeons are likely being designed with it in mind, but players will absolutely make "Venthyr only skip groups" if they're enabled in dungeons. It's just a matter of "how much of the playerbase is going to do this or feel like they must do this?"

But you can play as a blue eyed high elf, they just turn purple in combat and have different voices/hair. Otherwise the models are identical.

Going off the lore they even are LITERALLY blue eyed high elves going off Telogrus Rift.

If you were upset about no paladin elf on Alliance I would understand.
    The thing is that Velves are a compromise, one that I do agree with. Blizzard then giving the Belves the blue eyed option is Blizzard just adding salt on the wound. We learned to accept the compromise, and then Blizzard decided to insult our patience.
    Again, not like most Belves care about the blue eyed option, they already got loads of eye color options, why add the blue one just to spite the Alliance players who have craved proper High Elves for years?

Not if the dungeons are tuned in a way that makes skipping pointless, or mobs that one would want to skip being mandatory.
    Not to mention, the DPS ability might be terrible for that class, which is probably more important for those competing at that level. Far more likely we still see all Nelf groups that allow you to choose the covenant that is best for DPS.
    Only way to make skips pointless in m+ is to require killing every single trash mob. As long as you can leave trash unkilled, people will skip as much of it as possible.

I agree that dungeons are likely being designed with it in mind, but players will absolutely make "Venthyr only skip groups" if they're enabled in dungeons. It's just a matter of "how much of the playerbase is going to do this or feel like they must do this?"
    Players will make "Druid only" groups if they think it will be an advantage. The fact that M+ isnt completely dominated by stealth groups already considering how easy they would be to stack should tell you all you need to know regarding meta doomsaying.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Only way to make skips pointless in m+ is to require killing every single trash mob. As long as you can leave trash unkilled, people will skip as much of it as possible.
    Obviously people will skip stuff, but most people will value enjoying the game over being 100% optimal in every fight.
    And as I mentioned above, stealth only groups is perfectly feasible now, not to mention that groups could just as easily enforce loads of invis potions. Most poeple do not care to optimize to that extent, and even at the highest levels I feel most groups will go for what is the best DPS covenant anyways.

Again, not like most Belves care about the blue eyed option, they already got loads of eye color options, why add the blue one just to spite the Alliance players who have craved proper High Elves for years?
    It's not like their eye color is directly controlled by their political allegiance. Any blood elves that weren't frequently around fel energy (outland, crystals in silvermoon, etc) would still have blue eyes, like some of the sunreavers in dalaran.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thrill View Post
    It's not like their eye color is directly controlled by their political allegiance. Any blood elves that weren't frequently around fel energy (outland, crystals in silvermoon, etc) would still have blue eyes, like some of the sunreavers in dalaran.
    Not to mention that since it's fel corruption, we know it will dissipate over time.
    So some blood elf could've gotten rid of their fel eyes by now.

Formerly known as Arafal

7+ Year Old Account
    This High Elf drama is such a bullshit, people HAVE to be trolling. I hope it will die down.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    This High Elf drama is such a bullshit, people HAVE to be trolling. I hope it will die down.
    A lot of GD dramaposters aren't exactly mentally sound.

This drama has proven to me that elf players really are a special kind of people.

Not that I didn't already know.

Quote Originally Posted by Gurkan View Post
    This drama has proven to me that elf players really are a special kind of people.

Not that I didn't already know.
    When a population is huge, there's always going to be bad people in it. It's the same thing as complaining about Discord and Discord users when a billion different kind of people use Discord.

When a population is huge, there's always going to be bad people in it. It's the same thing as complaining about Discord and Discord users when a billion different kind of people use Discord.
    Well, it's just that somehow most of the racial complaints comes from Belfs and Nelfs.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    The high elf drama is a Blizzard created problem, really. Blizzard have insisted the High elves are a distinct groups from the Belves, been very conscious of the difference between them in game, and now decided to give Blue eyes to the Belves for no good reason.
    It is an insult to Alliance players who wanted it. We already had to accept the compromise that was Velves, and I was fine with that. But now Blizzard is adding that option to Belves seemingly just to spite us.
    Not like it would have kept Horde Belf players awake to not be able to have Blue eyes, they already got everything they could ever want with the customization additions, no need to add the priceless pearl the Alliance players have wanted for years on top.

The high elf drama is a Blizzard created problem, really. Blizzard have insisted the High elves are a distinct groups from the Belves, been very conscious of the difference between them in game, and now decided to give Blue eyes to the Belves for no good reason.
    It is an insult to Alliance players who wanted it. We already had to accept the compromise that was Velves, and I was fine with that. But now Blizzard is adding that option to Belves seemingly just to spite us.
    Not like it would have kept Horde Belf players awake to not be able to have Blue eyes, they already got everything they could ever want with the customization additions, no need to add the priceless pearl the Alliance players have wanted for years on top.
    Oh shut it already, Void elves are getting to look exactly the same as Blood elves.

7+ Year Old Account
    Ye ye, blue eyes. Such a HUUUUUGE disrespect/insult/middle finger. Game literally unplayable. And I lold @ "Blizzard is adding that option to Belves seemingly just to spite us".
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.