Page 7 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Now we just need green elves so i can roleplay as a jungle elf/elf-orc hybrid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Chocolate elves

why do blood elves have human colors instead of the colors within their own race; nightborne, night elf, void elf, high elf, etc, when most other races have their own race's range of colors? asking from lore. is it that blood elves already had similar-to-humans colors naturally, and blizzard decided since they looked human-esque enough they might as well give them the rest of real life / game human colors? or, technically could the blood elves, by whatever means makes them appear to have a similar skin color to humans; peaches, pinks, tans, etc, could they also have had the rest of the range of human-esque colors this whole time and it's just now being implemented? I'm pretty sure that's the reason but I'd like to know because the other elves seem to be receiving a range of skin colors from within their own race; the night elves are receiving some nightborne skin colors for example, while blood elves aren't and are instead receiving skin colors outside of their race, from humans. I'd like to understand from a lore perspective because it's been confusing to me, and now that the human colors are extending to void elves I figure i better understand it now before it becomes way too confusing for me later lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Chocolate elves
    Japan is ahead of us on that one.

So instead of just going with high elves, they went a really long and roundabout way to add them.
    Great logic.

P.S.
    Though it is funny to see racists triggered over dark elves

Quote Originally Posted by Stelio Kontos View Post
    I can see the salt coming.

Hordies mad that Void Elves get Belf skin tones.

High Elf fans mad that Blood Elves get blue eyes.

Yes, yes, let the butthurt flow.
    Ehh, my 'salt' with this is that this basically makes high elves in the Alliance a practical impossibility, now.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Ehh, my 'salt' with this is that this basically makes high elves in the Alliance a practical impossibility, now.
    They honestly were to begin with. Especially as soon as Void Elves were added.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    They honestly were to begin with. Especially as soon as Void Elves were added.
    Indeed, many don't realise this. The customsiation style when WIlhammers were previewed was a sneak peak that a lot of the pseudo groups like them would now be as customisations.

Can we get a perma ban on anyone complaining about skin color? It’s 2020 ffs, your racism shouldn’t be allowed or protected anywhere. People disgust me.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobbselle View Post
    I mean, I'm not against diversity, but Negoelfs? C'mon man. They don't exist.
    Black elfs have actually existed since atleast tbc it’s one of the possible colours from taking in to much fel and becoming a fel elf.

Quote Originally Posted by Redlikemyrage View Post
    Can we get a perma ban on anyone complaining about skin color? It’s 2020 ffs, your racism shouldn’t be allowed or protected anywhere. People disgust me.
    Calm down, their posts can't hurt you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Black elfs have actually existed since atleast tbc it’s one of the possible colours from taking in to much fel and becoming a fel elf.
    Which I would assume is also why Blood Elf DHs were introduced with darker skin colors, too.

Reminds me of the Felblood Elves.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Which I would assume is also why Blood Elf DHs were introduced with darker skin colors, too.

Reminds me of the Felblood Elves.
    Ya not sure why people are surprised when we have two examples from tbc and legion.

when they revealed customization and others exclaimed in excitement, "now I can finally make a wildhammer!" I instantly tensed because I knew that they didn't know that what those customizations meant is we'd mostly likely not see those races fully realized. people were too eager and quick to praise and approve of the customization without thinking of what it really meant which is a replacement for the actual race.

that's why getting excited too quickly is not a good thing, such as in the self-ruin class skin dumb idea, it's risky because it allows blizzard to make costumes instead of classes and specs, it encourages them to do less instead of more, the way customization is making costumes instead of races. wildhammers, sand trolls, high elves, and more, who may not see their own stories, histories, cultures, homes, starting areas, quests, intros, heritage armor, presence in the game.

I love customization but not if it replaces races.

customization will allow players to play as they want and create stories for their toons which is great, but I'd like to look forward to lots of these races getting their time to shine with the rest of the races one day.

Ya not sure why people are surprised when we have two examples from tbc and legion.
    Same, to be honest. It's more surprising for Gnomes, but people don't make as much of a hassle about that because they aren't their pretty elves.

15+ Year Old Account
    The thing is... no one ever heard of drows?
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drow
    Dark skin thin elves. Dunn dunn dunn. So where is the problem about dark skinned high elves?
    Zorn | Vynd | Pheraz | Sylwina | Mondlicht | Eis | Blut | Emerelle - Plus 20 more...

Quote Originally Posted by Pheraz View Post
    Dark skin thin elves. Dunn dunn dunn. So where is the problem about dark skinned high elves?
    That one new Night Elf skin reminds me more of drows.

The darker skins for Blood Elves remind me of Dark Elves.

Quote Originally Posted by Pheraz View Post
    Drow. Not Drows.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dunkl View Post
    why do blood elves have human colors instead of the colors within their own race; nightborne, night elf, void elf, high elf, etc, when most other races have their own race's range of colors? asking from lore. is it that blood elves already had similar-to-humans colors naturally, and blizzard decided since they looked human-esque enough they might as well give them the rest of real life / game human colors? or, technically could the blood elves, by whatever means makes them appear to have a similar skin color to humans; peaches, pinks, tans, etc, could they also have had the rest of the range of human-esque colors this whole time and it's just now being implemented? I'm pretty sure that's the reason but I'd like to know because the other elves seem to be receiving a range of skin colors from within their own race; the night elves are receiving some nightborne skin colors for example, while blood elves aren't and are instead receiving skin colors outside of their race, from humans. I'd like to understand from a lore perspective because it's been confusing to me, and now that the human colors are extending to void elves I figure i better understand it now before it becomes way too confusing for me later lol.
    Assuming that blood elfs don’t normally have the darker skin tones one easy lore reason is that the darker ones took in more fel but didn’t go full fel elfs with spikes and what not as fel can make them vary from light blue black or light red.

For void elfs it’s probably more elfs experimenting with the void past the void elf intro and I think there are even high/blood elfs training in the void elf only area.

So both make sense if you want some lore reason.

Black elves are the true night elves since they're not visible at night.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Chocolate elves
    That's Charcoal Elves, straight from Darnassus.

- - - Updated - - -

Assuming that blood elfs don’t normally have the darker skin tones one easy lore reason is that the darker ones took in more fel but didn’t go full fel elfs with spikes and what not as fel can make them vary from light blue black or light red.

For void elfs it’s probably more elfs experimenting with the void past the void elf intro and I think there are even high/blood elfs training in the void elf only area.

So both make sense if you want some lore reason.
    lore shmore...

Blizzard added this because of RL sensitivities, they can make up whatever lore to support that too, so whatever really. I'm not exactly going to cry myself to sleep over that one.