Page 8 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    People are crying about getting customization after complaining about not having it for years lmao you people are impossible to please

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    lore shmore...

Blizzard added this because of RL sensitivities, they can make up whatever lore to support that too, so whatever really. I'm not exactly going to cry myself to sleep over that one.
    of course they can add any lore to support what ever they want but in this case they don't need to as its already in game.

Hah, black blood elves, well I be damned

Quote Originally Posted by Playintrafic View Post
    No one ever asked for black elves.... Ever.. Fucking christ when is this woke millenial shit gonna go away.
    It gives people more options and has absolutely zero effect on you.

Why is it such a big deal?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    of course they can add any lore to support what ever they want but in this case they don't need to as its already in game.
    Big stretch there and you know it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Playintrafic View Post
    No one ever asked for black elves.... Ever.. Fucking christ when is this woke millenial shit gonna go away.
    Frankly, I'm with you on that one. But these are the times we live in, so just smile and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Assuming that blood elfs don’t normally have the darker skin tones one easy lore reason is that the darker ones took in more fel but didn’t go full fel elfs with spikes and what not as fel can make them vary from light blue black or light red.
    Dude it's probably better to just accept it as an RL abstraction (because it really clearly is) then say dark elves are closer to demons. Surely you can see the PR issue there.

Anyone else notice they removed the tentacles from the hair on the void elves with normal skin tones?

And they're Void Elf hairstyles, not Blood Elf.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Big stretch there and you know it..
    how exactly is it a stretch? there are black elf's in game right now you can go to the sun well and see them your self. we know that fel has physical effects and that one of them is turning black/red/lightblue/ect. we also know that you can take in different levels of fel and not change completely to a fel like as all blood elfs have done it so some degree.

you don't need to stretch at all when every thing needed to explain them has been in the game since tbc.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Saltysquidoon View Post
    Dude it's probably better to just accept it as an RL abstraction (because it really clearly is) then say dark elves are closer to demons. Surely you can see the PR issue there.
    I mean they have already done exactly that in TBC and again in legion when they added darker skin colors for demon hunters who literally have demons in them. if there were any PR issues they have already been ignored.

Quote Originally Posted by Myzou View Post
    Anyone else notice they removed the tentacles from the hair on the void elves with normal skin tones?

And they're Void Elf hairstyles, not Blood Elf.
    I thought so first as well, but it doesn't seem that way.

Imagine still making darker skin options for characters an issue in 2020.
    Gamers never disappoint in just how much they'll disappoint.

To all the anti High Elf haters who have endlessly trolled High Elf threads saying how they would never be added and certainly not on the Alliance. Thank you, now I can go back and screen shot every one of yall and hug those comments knowing you were wrong. We won, we knew if we kept asking and never gave up, we would get High Elves for the Alliance and we did. So thank you for being the opposition, it makes this victory all the more sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by Halfaheart View Post
    People are crying about getting customization after complaining about not having it for years lmao you people are impossible to please
    Yeah, you'd think people would be cheering at Blizz finally them have a way to play as High Elves. But truly it is impossible to please people.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    ha ha the gamers™ am i right fellow roses?

5+ Year Old Account
    I hope the people upset about dark skinned elves quit the game would be so much better without them.

Quote Originally Posted by Kryn View Post
    Yeah, you'd think people would be cheering at Blizz finally them have a way to play as High Elves. But truly it is impossible to please people.
    This statement is so stupid and asinine why do you guys keep saying it?

The statement 'everyone isn't pleased' would be true if 999 people were happy and one wasn't. So it means nothing as people aren't a hivemind.

People are most likely overwhelmingly positive about these changes.
    Honorary member of the Baine Fanclub, the only member really.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharby View Post

The statement 'everyone isn't pleased' would be true if 999 people were happy and one wasn't. So it means nothing as people aren't a hivemind.

No, if one person isn't happy, that's grounds to scream "SEE YOU CAN NEVER PLEASE THESE PEOPLE BLIZZARD SO ITS BETTER IF YOU DON'T TRY."

Can't wait to see 60% of the playerbase being elves. So much variety. Not generic at all!

Quote Originally Posted by Nightstalker View Post
    Can't wait to see 60% of the playerbase being elves. So much variety. Not generic at all!
    Welcome to the Horde for the past 13 years I guess.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharby View Post
    This statement is so stupid and asinine why do you guys keep saying it?

More often than not seems to be coming from those who never wanted High Elves to happen in any form, and are now upset people are getting a true compromise for it. So they're hard focusing on a handful of individuals so hardcore in HE as a separate option and ignoring the figurative landfall of people that are so happy with the way Blizzard handled this.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    In a game where why a race appears the way they do, due to important, historic events such as; magic, location, affinity, evolution, adaptation, etc, due to their personal and unique circumstance and people's situation and culture and ..history.. it's not terribly shocking that those who play and love this game, especially for it's lore and different, varied cultures and colorful races and their backgrounds and their special appearances, aren't so much weary as they are wishing there were relatable explanations for these brand new, out of the blue, differences. I for one am accepting but having a tough time understanding why a night elf is all of the sudden looking exactly like a nightborne with the new skin options.

It'll probably grow on people over time but for now some of these new looks are a bit concerning for some. if it were a game about real life or real history it wouldn't matter much but in a fantasy world where how and why you look is determined by very specific events, lore and a people's history, it's understandable that players want to know what the new looks / options mean for their toons and for the story as a whole.
    Last edited by dunkl; 2020-05-27 at 10:34 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I guess it doesn't matter if Void and Blood elf are agnostic and look identical since they're just fan service at this point. Each faction gets 2 types of elves, isn't that cute? There's like 5 different types of elves now. They're really stretching it.