Page 43 of 45 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I heard about new terraria stuff. I last played it 2013 according to steam. Thats pretty long time ago.

I do have ~80h played, but most of that was back then. This time I played around a bit, but I did not really find anything new or interesting to do. I guess there were some quests, they didn't seem anything interesting so far.
    I mean... I last played the game 2013 and I still felt like "i have done and seen all of this already". So I'm asking... is there actually something to do, if I do progress in the quests?

Quote Originally Posted by Morae View Post
    This time I played around a bit, but I did not really find anything new or interesting to do
    How much is a bit? I don't think you're going to be experiencing a brand new game at minute one. While I haven't been able to try the update yet, they claim that there's over 1,000 new items, new modes, etc. so I do think that there will a good chunk of content... but probably in the middle/end of the game, not at the very start. I'd recommend giving it more time, if you're interested in doing so, of course. I plan on making a brand new map and playing until I defeat the Moon Lord at the very least.

Several hours. 5-6 at least, I think.

Sure, I have found new items. New monsters, etc. But still. I still build house, I still close of entrances so zombies dont get in. Then I go dig hole. Get gradually better items, but I'm still digging. I get pretty deep and got some items that are still the same old helmet, armor, legs. I got a weapon that maybe new, but its still roughly similar that I remember. Quest tells me to kill some boss monster that I still believe is the same boss I killed last time in 2013.

As in... in these some hours, I agree I have seen new items, but there is nothing new to to the game itself. The new items are just slightly more varied versions of old ones. I'm still generally speaking using the old item types.

I was told there was a story? I havent seen any of that either. Maybe I'm mistaken.

Everything that progresses me somehow is old. I have done that before. What I dont know, is if they added some more beyond the old stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Several hours. 5-6 at least, I think.

Sure, I have found new items. New monsters, etc. But still. I still build house, I still close of entrances so zombies dont get in. Then I go dig hole. Get gradually better items, but I'm still digging. I get pretty deep and got some items that are still the same old helmet, armor, legs. I got a weapon that maybe new, but its still roughly similar that I remember. Quest tells me to kill some boss monster that I still believe is the same boss I killed last time in 2013.

As in... in these some hours, I agree I have seen new items, but there is nothing new to to the game itself. The new items are just slightly more varied versions of old ones. I'm still generally speaking using the old item types.

I was told there was a story? I havent seen any of that either. Maybe I'm mistaken.

Everything that progresses me somehow is old. I have done that before. What I dont know, is if they added some more beyond the old stuff.
    I mean it is open ended in how you tackle bosses for the most part. That said, have you beaten the boss in the underworld? (The wall of flesh) If not you are missing out on about 2/3 of the game since it doesnt change until after that boss.

How much is there after that?

I did kill that boss back in 2013 when I last played. If its all the same until then and still quite a bit of the same even after. When does the new stuff start?

It will take quite a bit of time to get that far now and if its still generally more of the stuff I know and have done already even afterwards, I'd rather not waste my time.

10+ Year Old Account

I did kill that boss back in 2013 when I last played. If its all the same until then and still quite a bit of the same even after. When does the new stuff start?

It will take quite a bit of time to get that far now and if its still generally more of the stuff I know and have done already even afterwards, I'd rather not waste my time.
    At what point in 2013?

Patch 1.2 was released towards the end of 2013... 1.2 and subsequent patches have added like eight additional bosses (19 additional bosses if you count event bosses/mini-bosses)... Half a dozen additional events... Dozens (hundreds even, maybe?) of new enemies... Thousands of new items...

Prior to 1.2 I think the farthest the game went was the mechanical bosses in hardmode, right? Almost all of that additional is stuff is in hardmode and most of it isn't available until after the mechanical bosses.

So just "playing for several hours and digging a hole" wouldn't allow you to see almost any of that new stuff... I think the only pre-hardmode boss added in 1.2-1.4 was the Queen Bee in the jungle.

10+ Year Old Account
    I heard about new terraria stuff. I last played it 2013 according to steam. Thats pretty long time ago.

I do have ~80h played, but most of that was back then. This time I played around a bit, but I did not really find anything new or interesting to do. I guess there were some quests, they didn't seem anything interesting so far.
    I mean... I last played the game 2013 and I still felt like "i have done and seen all of this already". So I'm asking... is there actually something to do, if I do progress in the quests?
    What exactly were you looking for?

I mean, it's mostly still going to be the same game. The updated a ton of the in game assets but unless you are really familiar with the way they looked before or are looking at them side by side, you are probably not going to notice any difference. They added a number of new items and enemies but they are scattered throughout the game. Off hand, it seems like they changed quite a bit in the sand biome. Other small things like new NPCs and new weather effects.

Two of the bigger things they changed are the addition of two new modes to play. Journey Mode and Master Mode. Master Mode is just a higher difficulty that changes up the bosses attacks and gives them some new loot. Journey Mode is a pretty big change. It allows you to tweak the game as you play it changing things like weather, time of day, challenge level, and even turning on/off godmode any time you want. It also allows you to "research" items. You do this by collecting a set number of a given item (it lists the number on the item tool tip) open up the research menu, drop said number of the item into the open slot and hit the button. It destroys the items but then allows you to create as many of said item as you want at any time. So say you collect 30 healing potions. You add them in the research thing and now you can make an unlimited number of them. This turns the game into a sort of creative mode but still lets you explore and fight mobs and bosses. You can make it as easy or challenging as you want.

I'm just wondering, if there is actually anything new beyond the begining portion (and perhaps even a bit further) I'm at. I think I was very clear about that.

The begining portion in which I'm at is still roughly the same, which is no surprising, if that content was mostly made years ago. I'm atm at the quest to kill the tomb boss. All that is old (except the bee? cant remember if thats old). I think there was still something after that and then the flesh wall boss. Then comes the altered world with some bosses which are the last things I remember. Mechanical worm that I could not beat and then quit the game?

One of the earlier posters says the new stuff is mostly beyond that, which makes sense, if they kept adding new stuff after old stuff and not update/add stuff in between.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm just wondering, if there is actually anything new beyond the begining portion (and perhaps even a bit further) I'm at. I think I was very clear about that.

The begining portion in which I'm at is still roughly the same, which is no surprising, if that content was mostly made years ago. I'm atm at the quest to kill the tomb boss. All that is old (except the bee? cant remember if thats old). I think there was still something after that and then the flesh wall boss. Then comes the altered world with some bosses which are the last things I remember. Mechanical worm that I could not beat and then quit the game?

One of the earlier posters says the new stuff is mostly beyond that, which makes sense, if they kept adding new stuff after old stuff and not update/add stuff in between.
    I am just curious as to what you mean by "new stuff." If you mean new bosses, there are only two new bosses in 1.4 and they are both linked the the Hallowed biome so it is post Hardmode as in after killing the Wall of Flesh. This wasn't a patch update like a WoW patch update. It didn't add a whole bunch of new areas and bosses or anything. It was mostly a ton of little things. This patch is the final one for Terraria. This was the devs way to make the game into the state they wanted it. Final balance tweaks, cleaning up and updating a ton of sprite work, updating the weather effects, adding some to the biomes that felt lacking like the sand biome, adding in a number of new items (but nothing game changing), adding in their version of a creative mode as well as a higher tier difficulty. If you are looking for a brand new Terraria experience, you probably are not going to find it.

If you are looking to replay Terraria in its final, polished form, that's what 1.4 is. At least that is what it looks like to me but I am no Terraria expert or anything.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account

If the furtherest you got was the metal worm then there are three new events one where you defend a crystal from waves two where you slay mobs to progress.

New invasions with aliens pirates solar eclipses and new monsters and items added to old invasions.

9 or so new bosses past the worm.

the jungle temple that you can’t get to before the worm.

A buffed up dungeon with tons of new mobs and items.

Abunch of new armour sets with cool special effects and tons and tons of weapons.

Ect ect.

Pretty to the robot bosses is like half the game pretty much and even the content around them in post walk of flesh hard mode has had a crap ton added to it. You can also get new rather impactful items and see a few new mobs from playing on expert or master mode.

after wall of flesh the world changes, you get new bosses.
    and after those there's the pillars,
    and after those there's the moon lord.
    now there's a bit of extra content in between all those, and a whole new mode on top of it all.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think I have a problem with this kinds of games. If a game has some kind of a hard checkpoint where thing will change once you go past it, especially in cases like Terraria's "Hardmode" I will have to be prepared as possible before crossing it. So even though I know the hard is "hardmode" doesn't really mean the game is going to get significantly more difficult, I never feel like I am prepared enough. I seriously spent the past week doing everything I could pre-hardmode. I farmed for every accessory and upgrade I could including the terraspark boots, horseshoe balloon, celestial cuffs, jellyfish diving gear, mana flower and even the cell phone. I even made multiple worlds to get some of the pieces. Collected just about every weapon available as well. I will admit, finally getting the last piece to make the cell phone felt pretty good. Time to finally start hardmode I guess.

To be fair, the hardmode is a serious jump in difficulty (and I'm not crazy about the initial ore acquisition, either). I had a friend recently start Terraria for the first time and was completely lost because he couldn't mine any new hardmode ore, so I told him to get the Molten Pickaxe. He couldn't mine Hellstone because he didn't have the Deathbringer Pickaxe... and that was confusing because you needed to bomb the blocks to get the boss to spawn. Not great, imo.

I'm never able to clear the inventory in games like these.
    I have 124151231 chest, all of them are labeled properly, there is a quick stack function, yet my inventory is always full.

I hate that.

I always start for a few hours, build a small town, and then leave because I'm losing interest due to that.
    I have no idea why they won't just allow infinite inventories. No need to gate it behind items etc.

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    I have 124151231 chest, all of them are labeled properly, there is a quick stack function, yet my inventory is always full.

I hate that.

I always start for a few hours, build a small town, and then leave because I'm losing interest due to that.
    I have no idea why they won't just allow infinite inventories. No need to gate it behind items etc.
    mods - might help with that

10+ Year Old Account

I hate that.

The new Journey Mode might help with that. It allows you essentially unlimited item storage. Once you get a certain amount of an item (some items it is as little as one, others it might be 25 or 100) you destroy them to add it to list that lets you recreate an unlimited amount of that item later. So you get 25 iron bars, use the research on them, they are used up but you can then open a menu and create 999 iron bars with a single click.

There are also five items that come to mind that can help with your inventory issue as well: Safe, Defender's Forge, Void Vault, Piggy Bank and Money Trough.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by icedwarrior View Post
    There are also five items that come to mind that can help with your inventory issue as well: Safe, Defender's Forge, Void Vault, Piggy Bank and Money Trough.
    I have been trying to get the Money Trough to no avail. Is there any way to increase the chance of a Blood Moon? I think I have only seen one thus far.

Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    I have been trying to get the Money Trough to no avail. Is there any way to increase the chance of a Blood Moon? I think I have only seen one thus far.
    They naturally increase with time and killed bosses afaik - unless the patch changed that. It'll take a while before you see your first, but after that they become more common.

Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    The new Journey Mode might help with that. It allows you essentially unlimited item storage. Once you get a certain amount of an item (some items it is as little as one, others it might be 25 or 100) you destroy them to add it to list that lets you recreate an unlimited amount of that item later. So you get 25 iron bars, use the research on them, they are used up but you can then open a menu and create 999 iron bars with a single click.
    Is the difficulty different in that mode?

I like the challenge of bosses etc. I don't want to lose that, but I love building stuff and would love to use that function.

Otherwise it sounds great, I still have to find A several times until I can use it forever. So I can't really skip right ahead to meteorite without finding it first for example
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2020-05-28 at 12:44 PM.