Poll: What do you think?

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Well, Elitist it is not picking people on the same rating and play with them, its really ok, Elitist is it when you play with people with your level and still doing those lines "Lul, could tank better, lul i would heal better, lul what a noob route and stuff".

Its clearly understandable why you pick people around your playrating/clearrating, as a pug-player I'd join raid with curves when have curve. And I totally understand why people decline some people that want to join and dont have one. Sometimes people give chances and we use them to get achivs and right M+ clears, but it happens too rarely.

There are some people who're instantly hostile to new people, there are opposites. And I totally understand both sides.

My point is: One thing that makes you a truly mister elitist -- hostility towards another players. Not the way you pick the players. But thats my opinion

It's not a bad thing that you dont wanna spend your free time on freeloaders or lowrio players. Well, I guess thats how life sometimes works (It's really becomes clear when you split up with your friends in RL. Sometimes people even stop to hook with other people jsut because they jump up on higher levels, speak with much wealthier people and dont wanna waster their time on people who's on lower level.)
    step into everything will gief ya nothing, mon

Quote Originally Posted by Imurbandaid View Post
    Wrong. Yall just like throwing that word around for everything. If he insists on a 3k io for a +15 he isn't an elitist, he just wants his run how he wants his run and if he is willing to wait for 5 people for a 3k IO +15 that's his completely non-elitist preference.
    It's not wrong. He is asking for far more than he needs. THat tells me he wants a carry and that is elitist.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    Hi everyone. I hope you're all having a nice spring day.

I play WoW. I'm a 11/12 mythic raider and I have a 3k rio score.

I prefer to play with people who got approximately the same experience with current content as myself.

Therefore I use systems like Raider.io, Wowprogress, Warcraftlog etc. to see how much experience people have with current content to compare it to my own.

Do you think that makes me an elitist or do you think it's a fair preference?

Edit: Also, is being an elitist a bad thing?
    Playing with people ruffly your skill/experience level is totally normal.

What makes people elitists is when they rub their presumed skill in other people’s faces and think themselves above others

Its a fair preference. It only becomes elitist when you start spewing bile at people who don't meet your preference. So you do you Ill do me and well all be happy.

The few times I ever use the non-automated group finder for anything, I choke the ilvl requirement right up to my own ilvl, as humble as it may be, as that's my right. For those WAAAAAY more ambitious than I, I can't call a further extrapolation of that concept elitist. All I will say is you then suck up that you're limiting your application pool, but if you accept that, it's your right.

We are never entitled to each other's time, whether that manifest via a wordless bail on a group at any time, or through recruiting with standards.

If you're asking for requirements that are obviously excessive for the content, you're elitist. There's no need for people to have 12/12M for a smooth heroic run, for example, nor is there a need for 3k RIO for a smooth +15. You're entitled to set your preferred requirements for groups you make, but your preferred requirements may make you elitist.

If you're requiring previous experience of the content to do the content, you're not elitist, nor setting overly high requirements, but you are perpetuating a catch-22 situation for players who have not done the content. How do you get into a Heroic N'Zoth group? Get curve. How do you get curve? Get into a Heroic N'Zoth group. No, making your own 0/0/1 group is not going to get you curve.

@OP - if you're looking for players with similar experience to you for appropriate content (Mythic, +20s, etc.), you're not elitist. If you're looking for that kind of level for Heroic or +15s or lower, you're elitist. Do I think being elitist is a bad thing? Yes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackmist View Post
    As a 10/12 Mythic raider, I think OP is an elitist prick.

But there's no way I'm running anything with some 9/12 Mythic scrublord!
    10/12M? My god, guys... do you even manage to find a raid entrance?

Well these lists of achievements people need to play with one another is a big reason why the game doesn't even feel like a mmo anymore.

May as well just play single player games

Quote Originally Posted by Uko View Post
    Its a fair preference. It only becomes elitist when you start spewing bile at people who don't meet your preference. So you do you Ill do me and well all be happy.
    This is the correct answer. Why is there a debate around this?
    change can't wait.

As someone with a low rio and only pug experience due to no regular raid team, it's perfectly fair. I don't mind that you reject me, I'd do the same thing in your place. However, it becomes a problem when you treat those you reject like shit. Be polite to everyone, you're not better than other players.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    this thread is a waste of internet

Being elitist and fair isn't mutually exclusive. But if you're recruiting for a position someone can show they can do but dismiss them because they don't have "the experience" you aren't being very fair. These people an apply to all the groups in the world but if all them deny them based on experience, only the same people will get into groups.

I actually don't PUG with people who don't have a top 10 parse on the current Mythic raid's final boss for my 1200 2s team

Quote Originally Posted by Nite92 View Post
    Yeah, and I can decide that point without being elitist. Maybe I want to wait 20 min to almost guarantee a +2? Is it elitist to want to achieve a +2 on a at 15key?
    you can do that without acting like an asshole, but not without being elitist. you don't need to say anything at all to be elitist, just appearing unapproachable is enough (this is much more obvious in IRL events than online). though i'll agree that's really a matter of semantics.

if you want to +2 the key that's a different matter that ofc requires higher requirements.

You are holding such a poll in a forum full of elites and elitists?

10+ Year Old Account
    Hi everyone. I hope you're all having a nice spring day.

I play WoW. I'm a 11/12 mythic raider and I have a 3k rio score.

I prefer to play with people who got approximately the same experience with current content as myself.

Therefore I use systems like Raider.io, Wowprogress, Warcraftlog etc. to see how much experience people have with current content to compare it to my own.

Edit: Also, is being an elitist a bad thing?
    Elitist? no, its employing the resources available to make an informed decision on who to invite (or not invite) to your group.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    10/12M? My god, guys... do you even manage to find a raid entrance?
    Not when it's moving every week!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    It's not wrong. He is asking for far more than he needs. THat tells me he wants a carry and that is elitist.
    For me it's not about what is required to finish. It's about what makes the content most enjoyable for me. And I enjoy the content the most while playing with people of roughly the same experience as me almost no matter what content I do. That's just my preference.

15+ Year Old Account
    Elitist. The only time mythic experince is relevant is when doing Mythic progression. Stopping anyone else simply because they didn't do X is silly. Only grouping with other similarly progressed players is elitist. If you are doing an organized run to clear stuff then it isn't a bad thing to group with skilled players. If you are doing some Mythic+ runs that don't require anywhere near 11/12 Mythic raid progress then it is a bad thing.

Lesser progressed players are not bad.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Only grouping with other similarly progressed players is elitist.
    But what if it makes the game more enjoyable for me?

10+ Year Old Account
    Not when it's moving every week!
    That's like Mythic+ raid right there.

I would know, I play a lock. Back when Battle of Dazar'alor was a thing - I still had to summon people before first boss. We even had a guild message telling people where raid entrance is. Rank 350 guild, much pro!

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Lesser progressed players are not bad.
    I agree. I didn't say that they were.

They are just not as experienced in the current content.