Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    Right, blame the system, it's all on them...not that a certain group grows up fatherless because generations of deadbeat fathers abandon their kids will have negative impact, the fault is with the "system"..

Gee, I wonder why I don't hear asian americans bitch about "the system", maybe cuz they focus on what matters? Family? Community? etc?..

Always the liberals creep out of the woodworks to talk about "causes" but more like they are deflecting n arean't actually bringing up the real causes?

If blacks were more like asians, cops wouldn't breathe down the neck of blacks, they'd ignore them instead focus on other things, like mexican drug cartels n whatever, n leave black folk alone a WHOLE LOT MORE than they currently do..

Yeah, yeah, give me infraction for speaking the truth..liberals want to be shining knights in armor, but whenever someone puts a hole in their bs self image, they get all mad..

People are still using the "model minority" bs argument? In 2020?
    change can't wait.

Right, blame the system, it's all on them...not that a certain group grows up fatherless because generations of deadbeat fathers abandon their kids will have negative impact, the fault is with the "system"..

Gee, I wonder why I don't hear asian americans bitch about "the system", maybe cuz they focus on what matters? Family? Community? etc?..

Always the liberals creep out of the woodworks to talk about "causes" but more like they are deflecting n arean't actually bringing up the real causes?

If blacks were more like asians, cops wouldn't breathe down the neck of blacks, they'd ignore them instead focus on other things, like mexican drug cartels n whatever, n leave black folk alone a WHOLE LOT MORE than they currently do..

Yeah, yeah, give me infraction for speaking the truth..liberals want to be shining knights in armor, but whenever someone puts a hole in their bs self image, they get all mad..

There’s actually an in-depth look at this that found that no this is false...and when you include other types of family make up black fathers are often involved but racists choose to ignore that data.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    There’s actually an in-depth look at this that found that no this is false...and when you include other types of family make up black fathers are often involved but racists choose to ignore that data.
    Not a single Jewish Eskimo father, has ever left their family. It’s an idiotic argument at its basis... in depth is way too far...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    Endus advocating rioting should be tolerated.. u liberals act so high n moral, but anytime something happens that you don't like, you throw the law book out the window.
    That's how societal change works.

"These laws are unjust and lead to harm. We should change these unjust laws."
    With the secondary consideration of "the enforcement of these laws is done in an unjust manner, we should reform those enforcement systems", since it's often not the laws, but the police and legal system that are fucking it up by responding based on prejudice and sadism. Y'know; as we see in the murder that sparked this thread.

I bold it for you

He says look the other way n focus on fixing the causes, IGNORE the violent rioting n looting.

Jesus, he says it plainly, n still you deflect...
    Literally not what I said. I did not say "ignore". I said "don't crack down on". "Crack down on" is a phrase that speaks to a strong increase in policing and enforcement as a response. I'm arguing against such an increase, because it serves to punish the societal victims rather than to redress the injustice that sparked the unrest.

And it isn't just me saying that. I literally cited Martin Luther King, Jr. saying the same thing. I'll freely state that I'm pretty much entirely in agreement with what the late Mr. King said on the matter, both the parts I cited and the rest of that speech. Which it's also clear you've never actually listened to or read a transcript of, since you couldn't possibly have leaped to this conclusion if you knew I was using that as an example of my point of view. Not honestly, at least.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    obv not, but when that's the ONLY response, I can understand why it keeps happening.

The police as an institution have a huge problem, and its extraordinarily rare anything gets done about it without the mouth breathing idiots in the force going 'but muh thin blue liiiine. We have it so hard'
    Looting and burning cities doesn't solve that problem.

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    So you think authorities should just let mobs ransack and loot cities?
    No, but (in the topics surrounding this specific case) cops need to

1) stop being biased assholes who treat people differently based on obvious things like "race" (skin tone)
    2) police themselves instead of having fucking unions where they protect bad behavior as much as possible
    3) universally accept that their job is risking their lives and to chill on the trigger finger until they're positive it's the only way they'll help a situation
    4) do more to punish bad behaviors in a much faster manner. Firing them isn't good enough. Fire and immediately indict them in obvious cases like this
    5) stop doing things that lose public trust, like trying to cover up shit, submitting false police reports, using cell jammers (allegedly in-use around the MN precinct, all streamers of the riots lost signal at the same time for the same amount of time at one point)

If they would do this, the systemic problems that exist wouldn't be as pronounced. If they would do this, people wouldn't feel so powerless to riot. I'm not condoning their rioting and looting. I'm saying I UNDERSTAND that people will act barbaric when pushed to the brink, and I think the police did plenty of unjust things to bring it to this point.

No. It pushes buttons and wakes those that are asleep. It's a hail mary. An act of desperation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Levelfive View Post
    Why do I have the feeling this is teeing up the fraudulent lone "bad apple" theory, ignoring that 3 other cops aided and abetted this murder, ignoring that it happens all over the country, ignoring that it's culture and systemic racism, that we can't pretend anymore that it's one bad cop here and there, that it's all of us and we have to do something, finally.
    Presuming every claim in that sheet is true (I have no reason to doubt it, but I'm not going to try and read the sources at the bottom and type their HTML into my search bar), then let's make it clear; he's not the "bad apple". Everyone who signed off on his bad conduct is a "bad apple". Every other officer in a questionable circumstance that didn't voluntarily report him and testify against him is a "bad apple". The prosecutors who chose not to press charges even over things like an "innapropriate police shooting". Bad cops don't get away with shit without a whole lot of other bad cops covering for their brutality and misanthropy. These issues aren't single individuals, they're systemic, and the only way to fix them long-term is to bring in an outsider with a strong sense of ethics, who's perfectly willing to fire and/or prosecute every single goddamned officer under their command, if they are found to have crossed lines.

A crippled-but-ethical police force is better than a police force that brutalizes those it's meant to protect.

If you care more about the riots than what caused the riots, there's a pretty big problem. Seems that those poeple tend to value property over lives and injustice.

and what Endus said was true. If your only response to riots is to crack down on it instead of address what caused it, its only going to continue to cause more riots. See: Hong Kong.
    I don't mind the rioting as I mind the looting and the constant insistance to burn unrelated stuff to the ground. I've followed closely the HK protests and to my mind the most violent they've got was when they formed a barricade so they wouldnt get kicked out of their university and later on arrested

https://twitter.com/PoeticKaee/statu...58236491730944

Pretty bad beating on that old lady. I don't recommend checking the replies because they are actively cheering on it and going full on she deserves it because she was white or some shit like that

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rampant Rabbit View Post
    No. It pushes buttons and wakes those that are asleep. It's a hail mary. An act of desperation.
    On the off chance that this is not ironic I'm not sure the people that were looting Target were thinking along those lines and more taking advantage of the chaos to steal stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Presuming every claim in that sheet is true (I have no reason to doubt it, but I'm not going to try and read the sources at the bottom and type their HTML into my search bar), then let's make it clear; he's not the "bad apple". Everyone who signed off on his bad conduct is a "bad apple". Every other officer in a questionable circumstance that didn't voluntarily report him and testify against him is a "bad apple". The prosecutors who chose not to press charges even over things like an "innapropriate police shooting". Bad cops don't get away with shit without a whole lot of other bad cops covering for their brutality and misanthropy. These issues aren't single individuals, they're systemic, and the only way to fix them long-term is to bring in an outsider with a strong sense of ethics, who's perfectly willing to fire and/or prosecute every single goddamned officer under their command, if they are found to have crossed lines.

A crippled-but-ethical police force is better than a police force that brutalizes those it's meant to protect.
    Agreed, 100%, and very well said. I will refer anyone who still claims not to understand how it can possibly be systemic straight to this post.
    Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition, to wit: There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect. There is nothing more or else to it, and there never has been, in any place or time. --Frank Wilhoit

Quote Originally Posted by NED funded View Post

On the off chance that this is not ironic I'm not sure the people that were looting Target were thinking along those lines and more taking advantage of the chaos to steal stuff.
    Oh, I'm sure many were. Does this disallow them to also be infuriated by what actually happened / caused all of this?

Quote Originally Posted by Rampant Rabbit View Post
    Oh, I'm sure many were. Does this disallow them to also be infuriated by what actually happened / caused all of this?
    I mean yeah. They seem to be more focused on stealing stuff than actually caring about George Floyd's murder or the police violence.

They were more mad at an old disabled lady that was interrupting their looting of Target

10+ Year Old Account
    Unlike other similar situations this one is 100% against the cops, no doubt.

Burning down, looting, and vandalizing businesses and housing instead of the related police stations, courthouses, town hall, etc is a head-scratcher.

I don't mind the rioting as I mind the looting and the constant insistance to burn unrelated stuff to the ground. I've followed closely the HK protests and to my mind the most violent they've got was when they formed a barricade so they wouldnt get kicked out of their university and later on arrested
    You didnt see the cops shooting people or getting set on fire by protesters? Seems like you werent following them closely.
    *video clip*

Pretty bad beating on that old lady. I don't recommend checking the replies because they are actively cheering on it and going full on she deserves it because she was white or some shit like that
    Big giveaway here man.
    That woman had a knife and was stabbing people as they went in and out of the building. Its nice you've chosed to post the selectively edited version are you a fan of andy ngo by chance? Obviously you must just be following it closely...

'Stealing goods and destroying property are a direct means of wealth redistribution and a practical, immediate way of improving life for the working class– not to mention a brazen message to the police, the state, and an unjust society'

So you rather put more emphasis on addressing the reaction and not the systemic issues leading to targeting?

Hell in New York a lawyer once tried to get arrested he was walking around with illegal shit to get stopped and frisked and instead police only looked at him asked a question and then went after a black teen who hadn’t done anything illegal while they literally have a white guy in front of them carrying illegal shit to do graffiti...

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah what a shame to attack lady stabbing people shame on them?

10+ Year Old Account
    Well when you consistently refuse to punish officers for abusing the community, what else should you expect? People will only be peaceful for so long, and it does seem like the riots get attention.

Like if the lesson you get from this is only that "looting is wrong", your values need to be re-tuned.
    Last edited by Crissi; 2020-05-28 at 06:45 PM.

Well when you consistently refuse to punish officers for abusing the community, what else should you expect? People will only be peaceful for so long, and it does seem like the riots get attention.
    I mean, people lost their shit over kneeling, so I think it's safe to say that there's really no way for black people to object to being murdered by police that white people will find polite or soothing enough. But then these are also people who are more alarmed by looting than murder, so.
    Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition, to wit: There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect. There is nothing more or else to it, and there never has been, in any place or time. --Frank Wilhoit

15+ Year Old Account
    A friend sent me some photos from Minneapolis, supposedly from today:

People are saying I'm taking this out of context but I don't see video of her trying to stab anyone : /

There are still ongoing riots but this happened to an autozone

Full album

https://imgur.com/a/QEINMGS

Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post
    A friend sent me some photos from Minneapolis, supposedly from today:
    Lmao, do people actually think people will sympathize with them when they do this?