Poll: What do you think?

Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Elbob View Post
    some people like to work on self improvement/performance? or a sense completion for collecting a BiS/xmog set? or they enjoy spending time with their friends doing challenging content?
    "challeging content" doing a heroic raid in under an hour?

You're avin a laff.

Speed running raids makes no sense, take up a real speed runners challenge and do a no hunters dream run in bloodborne. Not just smashing your rotation and blowing through bosses so fast their mechanics dont even register let alone matter.
    Comes a time when we all gotta die...even kings.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    No I'm just saying what my preference is.
    But that is a what a preference is. A choice you will pick when given the option which means if you pick A you don't want B, C, or D. Because you picked A.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    I don't think that 12/12M people are elitists.

What the hell does it even mean? I always thought it's not about experience, but more about how you treat other people.

I'll explain: if you did somehow 12/12HC clean and you see some ~440ilvl poor soul wanting to join your "full normal Nyalotha farm" and you tell him "fuck off with that low ilvl" - you're considered as elitist.
    If you have >5k r.io score and someone with 800 r.io wants to join your group and you either say "sorry, I need someone who has more experience" or "sure, just don't die on fire" you aren't eilitist.

Or I had it wrong? And now people who just play on the higher difficulty are eilitists per se?
    12/12 m are simply people that play a lot and are lucky enough to play with other people that play a lot. There’s not any might in this. 90% of people could do it (not with Method speed of course) if they could or would play enough.

Many of them would not probably even pass the starter zone of dark souls.

Yes, if we set new goals like speed running etc.

Also, right now you can farm Echoes and I don't want to spend more than 1 hour to clear a heroic raid for that.
    That's a VERY high bar to set for a raid with 12 bosses.

Quote Originally Posted by Volatilis View Post
    Speed running raids makes no sense, take up a real speed runners challenge and do a no hunters dream run in bloodborne. Not just smashing your rotation and blowing through bosses so fast their mechanics dont even register let alone matter.
    This statement here is pretty elitist.

If someone likes speed running raid and find it fun then that their preference.

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    This guy here is an elitist. It's an attitude. He sounds like the sort of guy who clears heroic, thinks he's hot shit but still pugs the first boss on normal for a lucky corruption item. Doesn't get it and then decides that because he is in content not designed for him he better tell everyone how good he is before leaving.
    What exactly is elitist about me? Do you think you're entitled to me carrying you just because it's PUG content? All I'm for is being able to form groups the way I want to do so and r.io helps me achieve that. Functional, successful content needs hierarchies. This is self-evident.

Your post reads like a temper tantrum because better players than you aren't willing to put up with your lack of skills.

This statement here is pretty elitist.

If someone likes speed running raid and find it fun then that their preference.
    Speed running in WoW is dumb when gear is designed to make the game easier.

Its not in any way challenging to do heroic content in mythic gear

and be honest you dont do it for fun. You do it because you're addicted to the game and dont want to spend more time in there than you have too
    Last edited by Volatilis; 2020-05-28 at 07:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    But that is a what a preference is. A choice you will pick when given the option which means if you pick A you don't want B, C, or D. Because you picked A.
    No it just mean that you want one option more than the other. I prefer option A but if I cant have it I still would like option B. I just want option A the most.

- - - Updated - - -

Speed running in WoW is dumb when gear is designed to make the game easier.
    You might feel that way but if someone thinks it fun then it's their preference. If you're calling them dumb for that then you're being elitist. There is no rules for what you can find fun.

In the beginning I was also relatively indulgent with other players, because I knew the feeling to be rejected constantly on mythic plus. Meanwhile I play on 3.4k rio and there you automatically become cautious, because you just can't take any more risk playing with people who just suck.

That's why I have started to pay extreme attention to everything, no matter how minimal it is. If a player did not have the necessary min max requirements he will be sorted out immediately.

So no, it has nothing to with being an elitist. You just DO MORE and sacrifice MORE TIME than others in order to compete on higher level. Someone who does mythic plus once a week to get his 475 is far away from what you do.

and be honest you dont do it for fun. You do it because you're addicted to the game and dont want to spend more time in there than you have too
    That is not for you to decide.

You might feel that way but if someone thinks it fun then it's their preference. If you're calling them dumb for that then you're being elitist. There is no rules for what you can find fun.
    Im not being elitist people are entitled to waste their time how they see fit. We're all gonna die some day anyway.

I can however call it out for being an aggressive waste of time but if they enjoy it, then good on them. I like doing tasks that dont make me think sometimes also so I can relax deep into other thoughts.

15+ Year Old Account
    No it just mean that you want one option more than the other. I prefer option A but if I cant have it I still would like option B. I just want option A the most.
    If you want one option more then the other you don't want the other options. A preference is a choice for one thing over the others. You also said that you don't want to play with option B, the "lesser" player because you don't enjoy. Which is it. You will enjoy it if the option to player with greater progression players exists or you won't at all?

That highlights elitism perfectly. Further progressed players are better simply by virtue of their progression. You've built up this expectation that lesser progressed players can not offer you enjoyment so they are bad.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobbselle View Post
    In the beginning I was also relatively indulgent with other players, because I knew the feeling to be rejected constantly on mythic plus. Meanwhile I play on 3.4k rio and there you automatically become cautious, because you just can't take any more risk playing with people who just suck.

That's why I have started to pay extreme attention to everything, no matter how minimal it is. If a player did not have the necessary min max requirements he will be sorted out immediately.

So no, it has nothing to with being an elitist. You just DO MORE and sacrifice MORE TIME than others in order to compete on higher level. Someone who does mythic plus once a week to get his 475 is far away from what you do.
    Exactly, why spend all of this time making sure you have all of your stuff in the best order, then bring in people who just don’t care at all.

For me being only 2kio and I just started pugging mythic raids after hitting my goal of 480ilvl without stepping food in a mythic raid (just a fun little goal, was ez btw) - I try to also go for slugs just like myself.. why bring in people that put in less effort than me right.. bring in people that have 2kio and around the same skill cap so they cant complain that they are terrible, or that much better than you - it’s about having fun.. and I’m only willing to carry friends/for gold, not for nothing right haha

Quote Originally Posted by dacoolist View Post
    Exactly, why spend all of this time making sure you have all of your stuff in the best order, then bring in people who just don’t care at all.

For me being only 2kio and I just started pugging mythic raids after hitting my goal of 480ilvl without stepping food in a mythic raid (just a fun little goal, was ez btw) - I try to also go for slugs just like myself.. why bring in people that put in less effort than me right.. bring in people that have 2kio and around the same skill cap so they cant complain that they are terrible, or that much better than you - it’s about having fun.. and I’m only willing to carry friends/for gold, not for nothing right haha
    Yep. Carrying my friends and guildies is fine, but we have 0 obligation to carry random strangers. You're not paying for my subscription. You aren't giving me gold. I owe you nothing.

If you want one option more then the other you don't want the other options.
    I prefer chocolate icecream more than vanilla icecream but I still want the vanilla icecream. I just want the chocolate more. That's a preference.

- - - Updated - - -

You also said that you don't want to play with option B, the "lesser" player because you don't enjoy. Which is it.
    Nope I didn't say that. A preference is not an exclusion.

Quote Originally Posted by Clickbait Mick View Post
    Yep. Carrying my friends and guildies is fine, but we have 0 obligation to carry random strangers. You're not paying for my subscription. You aren't giving me gold. I owe you nothing.
    Which is fine. But its also a big part of why WoW's community sucks now and classic was fun for the first 2 weeks before everyone went back to "me. me. me." mentality in a mmo instead of playing I dunno...a single player game.

I can however call it out for being an aggressive waste of time but if they enjoy it, then good on them.
    But why would you call it out and call it dumb? That's just mean.

But why would you call it out and call it dumb? That's just mean.
    Because I think rerunning the same content you've already cleared over and over as the games in hibernation till shadowlands is dumb. But thats like my opinion man.

Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    That means you do care at least a little.
    I sang the weird al song in my head as I read that

Wanting to play with people of similar experience to push content is not elitest. Treating people like shit for not being of the same experience level or refusing people who are capable of the experience level being required for the current content attempting because they aren't on your level does.