10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    I offered you a sustainable solution but you brushed it off.
    Yeah, because what you offered was tried and failed.

And precisely because I know well what Germany is, was, what it went through and what it is today, I cannot dare to compare the USA to it. Are you really blind to the fact that over the course of the past few generations, racism in the USA has gone down drastically?
    Citation needed.

Riots and generalisation aren't the answer. Especially with the latter you're just outing yourself as the same kind of person as the murder cop.
    Yes, me hating a elective profession is the same as me hating an entire group of people for their skin color. /s
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Yes, me hating a elective profession is the same as me hating an entire group of people for their skin color. /s
    so pol pot? ^^ as if that's any better...

10+ Year Old Account
    Soooo...

Some fucking redneck started shooting protesters with a bow & arrow....

https://mobile.twitter.com/AdamParkh...99556995862530

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Soooo...

he didn't shoot anyone unwarranted?

Citation needed.
    I mean, he said generations. If you really think there's more racism now than during MLK era you're stupid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Natta Lmo View Post
    he didn't shoot anyone unwarranted?
    @ 18 seconds he shot a guy, and you can see him fall down.

GTFO if you're blind.

Yeah, because what you offered was tried and failed.

Citation needed.

What do you mean, it was tried and failed? You really need a citation for the fact that not long ago blacks weren't permitted to vote or to enter the same schools as whites? Or schools at all? That was the level of racism where even I would advocate violence.

But today? With each passing generation it got better and better since then. Racism under the educated youth is almost non-existent. You're throwing an entire group of people under the bus for no other reason than a few major incidents. Statements such as these

Fuck. The police. There are no good cops.
    are discrediting you and any valid points you could have.

5+ Year Old Account
    @ 18 seconds he shot a guy, and you can see him fall down.

GTFO if you're blind.

SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – A man was detained during protests in downtown Salt Lake City after witnesses said he got out of his vehicle with a knife and bow and arrow.

The incident happened near 400 South and 200 East just after 6 p.m. Saturday. Thousands of people were protesting the death of George Floyd in Minnesota.

A protester told KSL the man tried to shoot the arrow. The crowd attacked the man as police moved in to detain him.

Police pulled the man from the crowd. Video from the scene showed his face bloodied.

The crowd then overturned his vehicle on live television, smashed the windows and set it on fire.
    he didnt shoot anyone...

10+ Year Old Account

he didnt shoot anyone...
    He was pretty clearly getting ready to if he hadn't already. I'd say people were warranted in moving to disarm him at that point considering he went there with the intent of committing murder.
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I offered you a sustainable solution but you brushed it off. And precisely because I know well what Germany is, was, what it went through and what it is today, I cannot dare to compare the USA to it. Are you really blind to the fact that over the course of the past few generations, racism in the USA has gone down drastically?
    I mean, even the mere fact that he can post about it online is enough to prove that this is different from Nazi Germany. If they were even remotely comparable, he'd be on the way to a gas chamber already and murders like this would be happening every day, to a thunderous applause of (white) populace.

Obviously, the US has major problems with police brutality/racism, but that level of comparisons is just pure lunacy. Doesn't matter if a person support police or rioters, this is crazy overexaggeration that doesn't help to convince anyone to support them.

I offered you a sustainable solution but you brushed it off. And precisely because I know well what Germany is, was, what it went through and what it is today, I cannot dare to compare the USA to it. Are you really blind to the fact that over the course of the past few generations, racism in the USA has gone down drastically?

Riots and generalisation aren't the answer. Especially with the latter you're just outing yourself as the same kind of person as the murder cop.
    Yes, he is. xD I find people always exaggerate how prevalent racism is. If it was so prevalent as people claim it is in their exaggerations it would be impossible to be in those countries claimed to be so racist if you are a minority.

10+ Year Old Account
    he didnt shoot anyone...
    It's rather hard to say from the clip. Either he did, or that man fell down in front of him on his own. Which seems unlikely.

But whatever the case, that man was clearly threatening to shoot at the protesters. And that's what truly matters here. The intent.

https://www.tmz.com/2020/05/30/salt-...rmed-attacked/

You can see the guy on the ground here better. With the arrow, missing.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    It's rather hard to say from the clip. Either he did, or that man fell down in front of him on his own. Which seems unlikely.

But whatever the case, that man was clearly threatening to shoot at the protesters. And that's what truly matters here. The intent.

https://www.tmz.com/2020/05/30/salt-...rmed-attacked/

You can see the guy on the ground here better. With the arrow, missing.
    ill trust media above belize interpretation of the video...

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    I mean, he said generations. If you really think there's more racism now than during MLK era you're stupid.
    He said it has gone down drastically. No where in the persons response that you quoted did the posoter say there was MORE now. If your response is asking if someone thinks there are more racist now than during a specific time, demonstrating your don't understand what you're quoting, then you shouldn't be calling anyone stupid.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Katie N View Post
    Yes, he is. xD I find people always exaggerate how prevalent racism is. If it was so prevalent as people claim it is in their exaggerations it would be impossible to be in those countries claimed to be so racist if you are a minority.
    Who cares if there is more or less racism today than thirty years ago if people in positions of power, like oh let's say Law Enforcement, are practicing behaviors that could be considered racist? That's far scarier than a bunch of red necks sitting on their back porch being racist.

This argument of there is less racism now so /shrug is so fucking stupid.

10+ Year Old Account

he didnt shoot anyone...
    Yeah, he had an arrow knocked and drawn, but he wasn't trying to shoot anyone.

Ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Yuujin View Post

Who cares if there is more or less racism today than thirty years ago if people in positions oof power, like oh let's say Law Enforcement, are practicing behaviors that could be considered racist? That's far scarier than a bunch of red necks sitting on their back porch being racist. Your argument is so fucking stupid.
    Maybe you should try reading his posts before you respond.

5+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, he had an arrow knocked and drawn, but he wasn't trying to shoot anyone.

Ok.
    he was shooting protesters...? that's the post...

Soooo...

he didnt shoot anyone... dont say he was shooting protesters when he didnt...

Quote Originally Posted by Yuujin View Post
    He said it has gone down drastically. No where in the persons response that you quoted did the posoter say there was MORE now. If your response is asking if someone thinks there are more racist now than during a specific time, demonstrating your don't understand what you're quoting, then you shouldn't be calling anyone stupid.
    Well asking for a citation generally means he doesn't believe me. So either he's under the impression it's still the same level, or worse. I also would refrain from calling him an idiot or dumb. He's neither. But way too emotional, irrational and short sighted. Fighting racism is a fight of attrition and ideas. It takes a lot of time and resources, but eventually enlightenment prevails. The trend is clear.
    Last edited by StayTuned; 2020-05-31 at 02:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Katie N View Post
    I have been in USA for extended periods of time, there is very little racism. My sister lives in westminster, orange county. People in media and people on forums just exaggerate and try to make it out as if they scream loud enough it makes them right.

- - - Updated - - -

Because I have been to USA? Because my sister lives there?
    It takes a rather out of touch person who is ASIAN to say black and Latinos face little racism because they as an ASIAN didn’t face much racism... are you even thinking?

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    It takes a rather out of touch person who is ASIAN to say black and Latinos face little racism because they as an ASIAN didn’t face much racism... are you even thinking?
    You think I can't see what happens around me?