Quote Originally Posted by Josuke View Post
    The only way youd recognize a problem is if it impacted you.

- - - Updated - - -

Why should anyone prove something to your made up standard?
    Because people are claiming that there is a widespread conspiracy by the police to murder black people. Almost a Holocaust or a Holodomor level of racial / ethnic discrimination. But the latter two have official party documents ordering the slaughter of Jews / Ukrainians respectively and the former has no backing other than a couple of anecdotal stories about bad cops. If you're going to claim that the police is perpetrating a mass conspiracy to murder black people, you better have solid proof.

10+ Year Old Account
    To counteract all of the bad vibes the police apologists are bringing into the thread, have this:

Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    A white man murdering a black man isn't automatically racism.
    If this was an event in isolation, yes. But you'd have to ignore the past, say, 200ish years or so of black history in America, and especially the last 10-15 years of reporting on police behavior towards black people, to view it in isolation.

There's no evidence of systematic racism until you show me a police training manual teaching cops to specifically target and murder black people.
    That's not what systemic means. That's a strawman you've created.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because people are claiming that there is a widespread conspiracy by the police to murder black people. Almost a Holocaust or a Holodomor level of racial / ethnic discrimination. But the latter two have official party documents ordering the slaughter of Jews / Ukrainians respectively and the former has no backing other than a couple of anecdotal stories about bad cops. If you're going to claim that the police is perpetrating a mass conspiracy to murder black people, you better have solid proof.
    Hm.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Brief summary:

"This #thread is for those of you struggling to comprehend that the recent murders are just a fraction of racial violence in the United States. We are protesting for #GeorgeFloyd #BreonnaTaylor, #AhmaudArbery AND hundreds of years of oppression."

Mentioned are as follows:

1) The Cincinnati Riots, 1829 - Due to a rapid increase of Black migrants to the city, mobs of 200-300 white rioters attacked Black neighborhoods hoping to push them out of the city.
    2) The Anti-Abolition Riots, NYC, 1834 - Week long riot, put down by military force. Resentment of Black Americans caused rioters to control whole sections of the city while they attacked the homes, businesses, and churches of abolitionist leaders & ransacked black neighborhoods.
    3) The Pennsylvania Hall Fire, 1838- Furious that the hall was being used for abolitionist meetings and speeches given by Black people and women, a mob destroyed the hall.
    4) Christiana Riot, 1851 - Four "fugitive" enslaved persons hid in Christiana, PA. A Maryland mob intent on recapturing them were met by defenders and a fight ensued. The slaveowner died in this fight and the incident polarized the national slavery debate.
    5) NYC Draft Riots, 1863 - The white working class was upset b/c of the Civil War draft and resented free Black people who were employed in Lower Manhattan. White rioters attacked Black people throughout the city. The death toll was 119+ people.
    6) The Memphis massacre of 1866 was a series of violent events that occurred from May 1 to 3, 1866 in Memphis, Tennessee. A shooting "altercation" happened between police and Black Civil War veterans. Mobs of white residents and policemen rampaged through Black neighborhoods.
    7) New Orleans Massacre, 1866 - Unarmed protesters (Black veterans) arrived to rally for voting rights. They were met by a group of armed whites who opposed abolition. The marchers were stabbed, kicked, clubbed, and shot. 50 people were killed.
    8) Opelousas Massacre, 1868 - "The deadliest massacre in reconstruction-era Louisiana happened 150 years ago." (Smithsonian) A white school teacher/journalist on the side of Black liberation was beaten. Black ppl were accused of plotting revenge and 250 people were killed.
    9) Meridian, Mississippi, 1871 - Black men were accused of inciting a riot, starting a fire, and organizing. During the trial, the judge was shot in the courtroom and a gunfight erupted. 30 Black people were murdered over the following days.
    10) Clinton Riots, Missisippi, 1875

11) Hamburg Massacre, South Carolina - White supremacists wanted to regain control of state governments and eradicate the civil rights of Black Americans. 100 white men attacked Black people. 94 white men were indicted for murder by a coroner's jury, none were prosecuted.
    12) Carroll County Courthouse Massacre, Mississippi, 1886 - Ed and Charley Brown, who were part Native American and Black, spilled molasses they were delivering. They were accused of intentionally spilling the molasses. An argument ended in all men wounded…during the trial…50 armed white men stormed the courtroom and opened fire on the Brown brothers and the other Black ppl in attendance. Both brothers were killed along w/ 21+ other Black ppl. All victims of the massacre were Black; no whites were injured.
    13) Thibodaux Massacre, Louisiana 1887 - Cane cutters, while "free," weren't allowed to own land, rent, and their families lived in old slave cabins. Instead of cash, workers got scrip that bought basics at plantation stores. Workers banded together in several sugar parishes…
    14) New Orleans Dockworkers' Riot, 1894 - Non-union Black dockworkers were attacked by white dockworkers, accused of agreeing to lower wages. The riot left six Black laborers dead and many other wounded.
    15) Virden, Illinois Race Riot, 1898 -Birmingham miners arrive to Virden, to help during a strike. Greeted by 300 armed white miners. 7 striking miners and 5 guards were killed, with as many as thirty individuals wounded, including a Black Birmingham miner.
    16) Newburg, NY, 1899 - Black workers were hired to fill labor shortages in brick yards. Several strikes broke out at multiple brickyards as non-Black workers protested the hiring of more Black ppl. Racial tensions and fights broke out. 2 Black men were injured.
    17) Robert Charles Riot, New Orleans, 1900 - Black laborer Robert Charles fatally shot a white police officer. Manhunt for him ensued, and a white mob started rioting, attacking Black ppl throughout the city. 4 days later, Charles was shot by a "special police volunteer."
    18) Springfield, Illinois, 1908 - Two Black men were accused of rape and murder. When a sheriff moved them out of the city for trial, a mob of 5,000 murdered Black citizens on the streets. 16 people died. 1 Black suspect was convicted and sentenced to death and the other was let go.
    19) East St. Louis, Illinois, 1917 - Rumor was: Black men were speaking to white women during a labor meeting. Thousands of white men marched into downtown East St. Louis and began attacking Black ppl and burning buildings. 6,000 Black ppl were left homeless. Deaths in the hundreds.
    20) Knoxville, Tennessee, 1919 - A lynch mob stormed the county jail in search of Maurice Mays, a biracial man who had been accused of murdering a white woman. When they couldn't find him, they destroyed and shot up the Black neighborhood.

It goes on like this for at least 75 more posts, ending in one of the most recent:

Charleston, South Carolina 2015 - A white man indoctrinated by far right extremists publishes a manifesto on the internet and drives to the Emanuel African Methodist Episcopal Church, killing nine black people including their pastor during a session of Bible Study. This is was his explanation given:

"I have no choice. I am not in the position to, alone, go into the ghetto and fight. I chose Charleston because it is most historic city in my state, and at one time had the highest ratio of blacks to Whites in the country. We have no skinheads, no real KKK, no one doing anything but talking on the internet. Well someone has to have the bravery to take it to the real world, and I guess that has to be me."

But yeah, tell us how good black people have it in America.
    You're welcome.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    Oh noes, whites ruin the lives of others for decades it's fine, your shopfront gets destroyed because of irate minorities and they deserve to die.

The inner mind of a racist.
    Looters and vandals don't give a shit what the unrest is about, they just are looking for the free pass to destroy and get free shit. Destroying pharmacies and small buisnesses sure make for some good activism. The people who want actual change just get fucked over by them as well. Save your store looting for a post aphocaliptic scenario.

Quote Originally Posted by Mechazod View Post
    Looters and vandals don't give a shit what the unrest is about, they just are looking for the free pass to destroy and get free shit. Destroying pharmacies and small buisnesses sure make for some good activism. The people who want actual change just get fucked over by them as well. Save your store looting for a post aphocaliptic scenario.
    Oh noes, privileged people are inconvenienced, so let's kill minorities who get in their way, is basically what you are saying.

Again, the inner mind of a proud racist.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't snap your pearls, Karen. Where was this outrage when a black man was being choked to death?

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah they get fucked over by pearl clutchers like you making excuses to not advocate for actual change.
    Yeah I'm sure the migrant family looking to start a new life in America and gets their family run buisness burned down are really down for this.

I don't understand how people care more about peoples' shit than everyone's right to live safely without fear the state is going to murder you or the people you know
    So you’re fine with removing people’s’ right to live safely without fear that their livelihood will be destroyed by their neighbors. There is no excuse for rioting.
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD

Yeah I'm sure the migrant family looking to start a new life in America and gets their family run buisness burned down are really down for this.
    Insinuating it wasn't the white supremacists and plainsclothes cops looting those kinds of businesses to make the real protestors look bad.

You know, the false-flag operations they have been caught doing pants-down for decades.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Foosha View Post
    He doesnt even understand the Geneva convention, just drivel to stir the pot. U.S. hasnt even ratified most of the Geneva convention anyways
    No, but they ratified the 4 that includes exactly what is being talked about here. Of course, it's not war so you don't have to treat people humanely, herp derp.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh noes, privileged people are inconvenienced, so let's kill minorities who get in their way, is basically what you are saying.

Again, the inner mind of a proud racist.
    I can guarentee you the people looting are not underprivileged like you seem to think, not the vast majority at least. The people who riot like this during sports events are equally shitheads. No one is coming to the side of vandals and it makes the actual activists look like criminals. Race doesn't matter, if you mess with the livelyhoods of people completly removed from the situation, you are a fuckface.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't snap your pearls, Karen. Where was this outrage when a black man was being choked to death?
    The cops are fuckfaces also, not sure what your point is.

I can guarentee you the people looting are not underprivileged like you seem to think, not the vast majority at least.
    Yes, I just told you earlier it's because the ones looting are white supremacists and plainsclothes cops. Do you even read?

The people who riot like this during sports events are equally shitheads.
    This is where it's so easy to tell you are one of the racists. Your victims have no way to protest, because no matter where or how they do it, they offend your sensibilities. And why do they offend your sensibilities no matter what? Because you hate their very existence.

Race doesn't matter, if you mess with the livelyhoods of people completly removed from the situation, you are a fuckface.
    You are not "completely removed from the situation". Racists like you are the problem itself. That already makes you a fuckface, by your own definition.

So the question is, are you ever going to stop being a fuckface?

- - - Updated - - -

The cops are fuckfaces also, not sure what your point is.
    Ok, then stop defending them. Isn't that simple?

10+ Year Old Account
    Nice OC needs some fleshing out though
    Oh sorry. I meant to say the Johnsons micro- brewery and restaurant that Billy Jr opened up with his father after college got burned down.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, I just told you earlier it's because the ones looting are white supremacists and plainsclothes cops. Do you even read?

This is where it's so easy to tell you are one of the racists. Your victims have no way to protest, because no matter where or how they do it, they offend your sensibilities. And why do they offend your sensibilities no matter what? Because you hate their very existence.

You are not "completely removed from the situation". Racists like you are the problem itself. That already makes you a fuckface, by your own definition.

So the question is, are you ever going to stop being a fuckface?

- - - Updated - - -

Ok, then stop defending them. Isn't that simple?
    I'm defending murdering cops by saying people looting stores are complete cunts? Well shit.

And please show me the video of cops impersonating looters and I may be more inclined to believe you. Must be one hell of a nation wide operation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh sorry. I meant to say the Johnsons micro- brewery and restaurant that Billy Jr opened up with his father after college got burned down.
    Nah just wait in a few days a report will surface of that microbrewery doing weed in high school.

I love how some people are actually trying to justify peoples businesses getting destroyed is ok because the owners are white. Do you even realize that you're becoming the very same racist assholes that you're trying to fight? The shop owners had nothing to do with those cops and were just living their lives like everyone else. Now just because they have the same skin color as those cops they deserve to lose their business?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AmaterasuNyan View Post
    I love how some people are actually trying to justify peoples businesses getting destroyed is ok because the owners are white
    Literally no one is saying this, but alright.

White fragility marches on, as usual.

I'm defending murdering cops by saying people looting stores are complete cunts? Well shit.
    Actually, yes, because you think human life is less valuable than property.

The inner mind of a racist fuckface.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AmaterasuNyan View Post
    I love how some people are actually trying to justify peoples businesses getting destroyed is ok because the owners are white. Do you even realize that you're becoming the very same racist assholes that you're trying to fight? Those shop owners had nothing to do with those cops and were just living their lives like everyone else. Now just because they have the same skin color as those cops they deserve to lose their business?
    So racists are getting their just deserts. If racists stop being racist, then their victims have no excuse to return to them their own bitter medicine.

But here you are clutching your pearls screaming "think of the tragic rich racists!!!"

Literally no one is saying this, but alright.

White fragility marches on, as usual.
    If you look threw this very thread you'd see plenty of posts dismissing the lootings as just some white people getting their shops messed up a bit.