Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Billionaires still making billions during all the 2020 hoopla!

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/mark...YRP?li=BBnbfcN

Total wealth for billionaires now stands at $3.5 trillion, up 19% from the low point near the beginning of the pandemic, the report said. Amazon boss Jeff Bezos alone is worth $36.2 billion more than he was on March 18.

Hopefully, he can get to Mars quicker! Don't forget these people pay fewer taxes that a good section of the rest of us!

Meanwhile the bulk of America's aid when to large corporations.

and republicans will tell us that it is not a problem.

Lets go burn down buildings and loot stores.... that will teach those bad old rich people! What is the point of this? More people used Amazon because they couldn;t go out to stores... what a surprise? How is that Jeff Bezos fault? What do you want?

lol.. Billionaire wealth dropped and then went back up to where it was.

People keep linking this on reddit and getting all upset, but it's completely misleading. They purposely chose March 18 as the starting point, because that was the lowest point. What if they chose March 4th as the starting point? I'll bet you that they either lost money or are at about the same as what they were.

Like let's say you had 100 dollars in your account on February 25th. March 18, that 100 dollars became 60 dollars. Now today, you have 95 dollars. Did you really make 35 dollars? No, you lost 5 dollars. Just an example.

Plus, Jeff Bezos' worth is measured in amazon stock. And since their revenue shot up due to the shutdow, the stock went up, leading to Jeff Bezos' worth going up. How is that Jeff's fault that amazon was successful and his worth went up?
    Last edited by GreenJesus; 2020-06-04 at 10:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    lol.. Billionaire wealth dropped and then went back up to where it was.
    money make money.

yes its simple like that

the notion that people will money will suddenly go bankrupt is ridiculous - they never did in history of world unless revolution took it from them .

the key is diversification of investments.

Billionaire does not depend on a single source of income like the rest of us does.

I'm shocked

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cruor View Post
    Lets go burn down buildings and loot stores.... that will teach those bad old rich people! What is the point of this? More people used Amazon because they couldn;t go out to stores... what a surprise? How is that Jeff Bezos fault? What do you want?
    This lot doesn't know what it wants, and usually contradict themselves
    #boycottchina

Am I supposed to be colored with shock...?
    Millions are losing their jobs, but as long as the ones at the very top are happy, I suppose so should everyone else be.

I think you are in the wrong thread, this has more to do with oligopolies that dominate the US market. It is also the reason we had shortages there is not enough competition.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    This lot doesn't know what it wants, and usually contradict themselves
    You guys are the only ones bringing this up.

7+ Year Old Account
    Okay? Unless we set an arbitrary financial ceiling then there's no reason why billionaires can't make as many billions as they want. It's no skin off my back. *shrug*
    Last edited by PC2; 2020-06-04 at 10:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    Okay? Unless we set an arbitrary financial ceiling then there's no reason why billionaires can't make as many billions as they want. It's no skin off my back. *shrug*
    It is proof that large companies that got the bulk of the money did not need it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Duh, of course. People are buying like crazy during COVID-19. The buying is just very targeted and not for things like hotel rooms and hair cuts. My company made a killing during the pandemic as well and everyone got bonuses.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    It is proof that large companies that got the bulk of the money did not need it.
    You mean the government aid money and loans? I never commented on that since I'm not sure if the government should ever be doing that.

The way I interpreted the original post was as a complaint about the existence of billionaires and not about about a specific policy.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    Am I supposed to be colored with shock...?
    Millions are losing their jobs, but as long as the ones at the very top are happy, I suppose so should everyone else be.
    milions could use this time to change their lives.

they could look hard at why they are failing in life and change it - instead its easier to blame others.

lets give simple example - how many of people used their quarantine time to learn something new - for example start learning new language - and how many used this time to play games 10 hours a day or binge watch netflix.

thats why poor stay poor forever.

they see problems instead of oportunities

ill do a bit advertisement of free language learning app -its called "mondly" - and im using it to practice 2 languages daily - ofc it has premium mode (very cheap one imo since its like 40 euro per year for acces to multiple languages is literlay nothing compared to private tutor cost) if you want but for me free mode is more then enough - but i do it everyday for over 2 years now - 15 minutes a day - and both my german and italian are much better thanks to that. its literaly free tool which could let people "better" themselves - there are ton of tools like that on internet - but people prefer to bitch and moan about unfair world .
    Last edited by kamuimac; 2020-06-05 at 06:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Meanwhile the bulk of America's aid when to large corporations.

and republicans will tell us that it is not a problem.
    Republicans say it. Democrats think it. America is like most countries corrupt doesnt matter which side. *facepalm*

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    milions could use this time to change their lives.

they could look hard at why they are failing in life and change it - instead its easier to blame others.

lets give simple example - how many of people used their quarantine time to learn something new - for example start learning new language - and how many used this time to play games 10 hours a day or binge watch netflix.

thats why poor stay poor forever.

they see problems instead of oportunities
    Ah the old right wing bootstrap bullshit you guys been peddling since forever even more ludicrous now thinking that poor people without a job or capital due to the COVID are magically going to raise themselves up

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    Ah the old right wing bootstrap bullshit you guys been peddling since forever even more ludicrous now thinking that poor people without a job or capital due to the COVID are magically going to raise themselves up
    every journey has to start somewhere

why not use covid as a starting point to change your life ?

tell me 1 argument (not excuse ! ) against it im really curious

i find it hillarius since i even suggested 1 free tool which you can use to make changes over time - how many would you like ? 5 ? 10 ?

or maybe i should make change for you and live your life for you while you binge watch netflix ?

thats why west should cut all social help programs because they make people lazy
    Last edited by kamuimac; 2020-06-05 at 09:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    every journey has to start somewhere

why not use covid as a starting point to change your life ?

tell me 1 argument (not excuse ! ) against it im really curious

i find it hillarius since i even suggested 1 free tool which you can use to make changes over time - how many would you like ? 5 ? 10 ?

or maybe i should make change for you and live your life for you while you binge watch netflix ?

thats why west should cut all social help programs because they make people lazy
    So your reply is more fantasy land, poor people aren't lazy ever heard of the working poor? Americans are amassing record amount of student debt to better themselves. You can only use stereotypes and one liners because you don't know anything about the real world sad really.

Quote Originally Posted by Fatbeaverlol View Post
    Republicans say it. Democrats think it. America is like most countries corrupt doesnt matter which side. *facepalm*
    Democrats were Actively fighting against it but sure keep up your both sides bullshit

What is Jeff Bezos fault is the working conditions at his warehouses.