Page 1 of 2
LastLast

I made up my own covenant just for kicks

New Covenant Idea: Knowledge Keepers

Welcome to the Repository, where the souls of departed scholars, sages, and tribal elders work tirelessly to preserve the knowledge and wisdom of the living and of the Shadowlands. They are watched over by the Knowledge Keepers, who protect the Repository and the surrounding lands and facilitate connections between the Shadowlands and worthy living souls that call upon the wisdom of the past. While disagreements in the Repository are usually academic, the anima shortage has caused fierce factionalism to erupt in violence. The Knowledge Keepers' forces have been stretched thin trying to restore order to the Repository, providing an opportunity for outsiders to pilfer the knowledge of the ages for their own ends.

Dungeon: The Archives.

Mysterious forces from the Maw have entered the Archives, the twisting maze of chambers and tunnels where the most sensitive, sacred, sinister, and powerful secrets of the Cosmos are held. You must aid the forces of Keepers in retaking the Archives, discovering how the Repository's most critical safe haven was breached, and preserving the knowledge within before it is stolen...or destroyed forever.

Signature Ability:
    Record Coordinates- Inscribes an in-depth record of your location for thirty minutes (five second cast). Reactivate ability to return instantly to your inscribed location.

Class Abilities:

Death Knight:
    Inscribed Rune Weapon- Inscribe runes of Wisdom on your Runeblade, causing it to generate 50% more Runic Power for 15 seconds, and to supercharge generated Runic Power. Abilities that spend Supercharged Runic Power increase the damage and secondary effects of the abilities by 50% Med-Long cooldown

Demon Hunter: (this class is defined by using the powers of its enemy against them. The wisdom of the Keepers of Knowledge has instructed Demon Hunters to instead use the powers of their allies against their enemies)
    Borrowed Knowledge- gain an ability based on the class of a selected ally. Examples include Felfire totem, Power Word: Torment, Infernal Fists, etc. When in a party or raid, power can only be borrowed from a party or raid member. Cooldown based on ability borrowed. (Yeah, it's Fel Symbiosis: come at me, Druids :P)

Druid:
    Lunar Blossoming- Your Thrash and Sunfire apply Moonfire to all affected targets. Damage from Moonfire is copied as healing on a nearby injured ally. Passive.

Hunter:
    Death Trap- Throw a trap to the targeted location: when triggered, roots an enemy for 10 seconds, increasing the damage they take from the Hunter and pet by 20%. Enemies with less health than the casting Hunter are immediately killed. Long cooldown. (Come at me Monks; the name was too obvious to pass up)

Mage:
    Power Over Chance- Your next three casts of (Arcane Blast, Fireball, Frost Bolt) will activate (Clearcasting, Heating Up, Fingers of Frost). Med-short cooldown.

Monk:
    Practiced Techniques- Instantly resets the cooldown of the most recently used ability (with a cooldown). If used while channeling, will reset the cooldown of the channeled ability. Cooldown of Practiced Techniques based on the ability that was reset (1.5x, probably?)

Paladin:
    Judgment of the Arbiter- Greatly increases the damage of Judgment and improves it based on specialization. Passive.
    Holy: Judgment critical strikes cause the Daybreak effect. Daybreak can now stack to two
    Protection: Judgment creates an absorb shield on the casting Paladin
    Retribution: Increases the damage buff of your finishers. In addition, casting Divine Storm on a target affected by Judgment will treat all affected enemies as Judged

Priest:
    Power Word: Knowledge- Infuses all party or raid members with long-forgotten knowledge, increasing their damage and healing done by 15% for 15 seconds. Long Cooldown

Rogue:
    Forbidden Knowledge- The Rogue enters a spectral form for 15 seconds (less in PvP), becoming nearly invisible and suppressing threat. While active, the Rogue gains access to Stealth abilities, and
    Assassination: your abilities stack up Soul Poison on the target, dealing shadow damage over time
    Outlaw: your next Roll the Bones grants all possible buffs
    Subtlety: all finishers deal damage as though they had two extra combo points. Long cooldown

Shaman:
    Geosynchronize- The Shaman fuses with the Earth and energizes the ground in a 25 yard radius for five seconds, dealing damage to enemies and healing allies within the effect. While channeling, the Shaman is immune to stuns, interrupts, and knockbacks and takes 75% reduced damage, but cannot move. Long cooldown

Warlock:
    Empower Shards: Siphon knowledge from your soul shards, empowering them based on specialty for 15 seconds-
    Affliction: Malefic Rapture causes each of your damage-over-time effects to erupt twice
    Demonology: Your Soul Shard spenders summon additional imps per cast
    Destruction: Your Chaos Bolt also casts a Rain of Fire centered on its primary target. Medium cooldown

Warrior:
    Know Thy Enemy- gain experience while fighting, increasing your damage and rage generation against the targeted enemy by 5%. This ability gains a stack every five seconds, up to five. Lasts 25 seconds. Med-long cooldown.

(Thanks to anyone that read this all)

What about you? Do you have ideas for other areas of the Shadowlands and the Covenants that could occupy them?
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

And at its head, Great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-grandlorewalker Chocho.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

15+ Year Old Account
    I really wish the Lorewalkers had continued making consistent appearances in the game after being introduced. I'd love another faction centered around chroniclers of history and keepers of knowledge.

This is a cool idea. It could also work as a way to give us more insight into the mysteries of the Shadowlands without requiring Blizzard to create dozens of additional zones.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    And at its head, Great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-grandlorewalker Chocho.
    Hah, I hadn't even made that connection when I was thinking of this. I like it.
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

10+ Year Old Account
    Lighthalzen, the City-State of Prosperity
    Cartman?
    10c

3+ Year Old Account
    I'd love a Bwonsamdi-themed covenant, or something troll themed
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

Quote Originally Posted by Bwonsamdi the Dead View Post
    You don't say.

OT: i like this idea. No covenant fits my mage right now.

Ahmanét, daughter of Bwonsamdi
    Bwonsamdi is my future husband <3
    am I the only one just a tad creeped out by that combination? :P

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rayvio View Post
    am I the only one just a tad creeped out by that combination? :P
    I get this a lot

It's not what you think, don't worry. I play as his daughter, but would like to marry him myself lol

I get this a lot

It's not what you think, don't worry. I play as his daughter, but would like to marry him myself lol
    I really hope you don't seriously RP this

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laubman View Post
    I really hope you don't seriously RP this
    Uhh what do you mean by that?

RPing his daughter or wanting to marry him?

also we're kind of getting a bit off topic soo...

What if there was a Covenant that was made up of ancient Orc/Tauren chiefs? And it would be located in a grass plain realm

Uhh what do you mean by that?

RPing his daughter or wanting to marry him?

also we're kind of getting a bit off topic soo...

What if there was a Covenant that was made up of ancient Orc/Tauren chiefs? And it would be located in a grass plain realm
    Right you are. I'm missing something like the op suggested. Ardenweald feels like the ancestral plain. Kind of.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laubman View Post
    Right you are. I'm missing something like the op suggested. Ardenweald feels like the ancestral plain. Kind of.
    It's mostly a secret, but if Ahmanet meets someone she absolutely knows she can trust, she'll tell them. But in private of course

OT: While Ardenweald is cool, it strikes me as more Fae or Druidic. Having an Orc go there seems a bit out of place. Tauren maybe because they have Druids

- - - Updated - - -

I seriously love the idea of an ancient group of librarians and lorekeepers keeping track of all that has happened. If Blizzard decides to create a zone similar to that it would be awesome

10+ Year Old Account

I feel you are just a tad bit biased here.

Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    I feel you are just a tad bit biased here.
    Biased? She's just expressing an interest into a Bwonsamd-themed covenant. How is that biased?

Is every post you make on this forum in reference to Bwonsamdi even when the thread/question/point has no relation or link to Bwonsamdi whatsoever?

Quote Originally Posted by LarryFromHumanResources View Post
    You just but that sounds amazing

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, she's like Varodoc or as their account used to be called Ranger General Alleria Windrunner or some other nonesene.
    Long time lurker, so I remember Varodoc as Ranger General Alleria Windrunner and actually RP'ing as Alleria whilst posting originally. Varodoc nowadays does talk about the topic at hand though, despite the heavy bias towards Alleria and Void Elves.

This Bwonsamdi poster however, every thread I've read, she has somehow found a way to make her comment relate to Bwonsamdi, despite the thread more often than not, having no link or relation to anything Bwonsamdi at all.

Quite impressive actually.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moonrage View Post
    Biased? She's just expressing an interest into a Bwonsamd-themed covenant. How is that biased?
    Because it would be too Horde-centered?

Makes me sad that we only have four covenants tbh

Quote Originally Posted by LarryFromHumanResources View Post
    I just love that RP'ing as the wife of Bwonsamdi, since they apparently want to marry him was stretching it a bit too much, but DAUGHTER of Bwonsmdi was fair game.
    I changed my signature so it's not as... 'confusing'. I guess it was just one of those things that sounded ok in my head, but on paper, er keyboard, just looks weird? Sorry about that. Oh and I'm not really RPing in game as the daughter of Bwonsamdi, it's more of an AU thing I made up for something

Quote Originally Posted by Santandame View Post
    Long time lurker, so I remember Varodoc as Ranger General Alleria Windrunner and actually RP'ing as Alleria whilst posting originally. Varodoc nowadays does talk about the topic at hand though, despite the heavy bias towards Alleria and Void Elves.

This Bwonsamdi poster however, every thread I've read, she has somehow found a way to make her comment relate to Bwonsamdi, despite the thread more often than not, having no link or relation to anything Bwonsamdi at all.

Quite impressive actually.
    I will admit that I'm a bit biased to Trolls. But it seems that some people really like elves on here too.

Well this is a WoW forum right? So I often try and talk about a character from WoW if I'm able too think of something that'll fit. However its sort of a thing that I tend to do on accident, and I'm noticing people starting to not like it. I do sometimes comment on non-WoW threads that are in the Fun Stuff/Off Topic too

I'll try to stop talking about him. I'm sorry

And don't worry I'm not RPing as him on here. It's just my 'handle'/Username for forums I use
    Last edited by LemonDemonGirl; 2020-06-06 at 10:24 PM.

Because it would be too Horde-centered?

Makes me sad that we only have four covenants tbh

I changed my signature so it's not as... 'confusing'. I guess it was just one of those things that sounded ok in my head, but on paper, er keyboard, just looks weird? Sorry about that. Oh and I'm not really RPing in game as the daughter of Bwonsamdi, it's more of an AU thing I made up for something

I will admit that I'm a bit biased to Trolls. But it seems that some people really like elves on here too.

Well this is a WoW forum right? So I often try and talk about a character from WoW if I'm able too think of something that'll fit. However its sort of a thing that I tend to do on accident, and I'm noticing people starting to not like it. I do sometimes comment on non-WoW threads that are in the Fun Stuff/Off Topic too

I'll try to stop talking about him. I'm sorry

And don't worry I'm not RPing as him on here. It's just my 'handle'/Username for forums I use
    I was talking about Varodoc in regards to the RP.

You're entitled to like any character you like. I just don't think its very relevant to link every discussion you have in the WoW forums to Bwonsamdi, when the topic and discussion doesn't really call for it.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Santandame View Post
    I was talking about Varodoc in regards to the RP.

You're entitled to like any character you like. I just don't think its very relevant to link every discussion you have in the WoW forums to Bwonsamdi, when the topic and discussion doesn't really call for it.
    She actually used to RP as Alleria in the comments? That's kind of weird and interesting. I won't do that, don't worry

Ah I see. I'm sorry if I made any enemies while doing that, I don't want to be seen as annoying and I really don't want anyone mad at me.

Some people also might start to hate Bwonsamdi because of me, and I don't want that to happen because of me either