LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    Not sure if terrible or just 'unpopular opinion'

Riddick series
    Kingdom of Heaven (Directors Cut)
    Starship Troopers
    Hellboy movies (Del Toro)
    Any HK action movie from the 90's
    Kingdom of Heaven was poorly received? That movie rocked!

I personally enjoyed Max Pain and Terminator Salvation. I get the hate, but they were some nice eye and ear candy.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by Cidzor View Post
    Also, The Walking Dead. I guess it's not a "terrible" show if you go by the ratings, but most discussions I see online about it these days are people talking about how much it sucks now. And people are usually like "huh? You still watch that? it hasn't been good since [insert season here]" when I start talking about it.

While I do agree that it's not what it used to be (I've been watching it since the beginning), I still find it entertaining enough to be worth the ~1 hour of my time a week when it's on.
    those people stopped watching a few years ago when it was indeed kind of a boring show, but are now just being ironic. they wrote the whisperers (alpha and beta) perfectly as i truly hate them for what they've done to the characters in the show. and Neegan? man Neegan is a character for the ages. he's the dick that so many people have the potential to be, especially when faced with a zombie apocalypse. i probably would have killed carol off by now. she was a great character too, but has gone back and forth between her old self and super carol too many times.

fear the walking dead is hitting that same patch TWD did at it's age, and it probably needs to wrap up soon. the new show coming out i have very little hopes for, but it's already stated that it's only a 2 season show...so we'll see. then the rick movies...we'll see.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dakhath View Post
    Death Wish 3. I honestly enjoy all the old Bronson Death Wish movies, but 3 is so bad that is amazing.
    i saw death wish one for the first time not too long ago. jeff goldblum as a thug is actually now my least favorite movie.
    Last edited by Vargulf the Happy Husky; 2020-06-07 at 02:59 AM.
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    Kingdom of Heaven was poorly received? That movie rocked!
    Ya the movie was critically panned and it made very little profit with the usual rule of thumb being a movie's marketing is usually around half the movie budget cost. So the movie cost 130 million to make tack on another 65 million and the movie cost 195 million and the movie made only 218 millions worldwide. The later released Director's Cut is a much MUCH better movie that makes watching the theatrical cut a waste of time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by fwc577 View Post
    I LOVE Stargate. The movie and the spinoff series.

For this though, I gotta put down this movie, which, for some unknown reason, i own like a dozen copies of (every time they come out with a new edition with new footage or new commentary, bastards.)

Ya you are entitled to your opinion but that opinion would be wrong because the entirety of the Evil Dead trilogy is beloved for different reasons. Evil Dead 1 is a horror classic, Evil Dead 2 walks the line of good horror with good comedy and Army of Darkness threw the horror out of the for more comedy and action with a horror motif. They are all great in their own way and even the 2013 reboot is still really good.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by StillMcfuu View Post
    Battlefield: Earth - It's a complete shit show. Completely unforgivable... But I can't help but watch it.
    "While you were still learning how to SPELL YOUR NAME! I was being trained TO CONQUER GALAXIES!" That movie is a horrible movie but my God is it a blast to watch just to riff on it. It is a perfect Mystery Science Theater 3000 movie to watch and just rift on it. Travolta is such a treat in that movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Vargulf the Happy Husky View Post
    Forged in Fire.

it's basically the same show over and over, with differences being the type of weapon they're forging. i love how the person may come off as a complete idiot but then craft an amazing piece.
    I love Forged in Fire its a great show...doesn't need to be in a "terrible tv show" thread. What I like is how the people react to the timer. Timers are an evil device that makes your good sense, good decision making and judgement go right out the window! Like that one episode where they had to pick the level of knife they wanted. That one dude had never done a can in his life and he picked NOW to figure it out! LOL
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

Quote Originally Posted by pathora44 View Post
    Ya the movie was critically panned and it made very little profit with the usual rule of thumb being a movie's marketing is usually around half the movie budget cost. So the movie cost 130 million to make tack on another 65 million and the movie cost 195 million and the movie made only 218 millions worldwide. The later released Director's Cut is a much MUCH better movie that makes watching the theatrical cut a waste of time.
    I only saw the director's cut via Blu-Ray when it was on sale years ago. If it was a financial failure, that's one thing but the movie delivered great acting IMO. The siege scenes were also supremely entertaining IMO.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiffums View Post
    I love Forged in Fire its a great show...doesn't need to be in a "terrible tv show" thread. What I like is how the people react to the timer. Timers are an evil device that makes your good sense, good decision making and judgement go right out the window! Like that one episode where they had to pick the level of knife they wanted. That one dude had never done a can in his life and he picked NOW to figure it out! LOL
    right? it always blows me away when a guy decides to try something for the first time when money is on the line.

unfortunately, i've seen enough cooking shows too to know that it's all a set up. i do fully believe that all of the contestants are qualified smiths making weapons right then and there, but i find it hard to believe that the show runners don't give them a synopsis before hand. i don't believe the outcomes are scripted, though.

the reason i added it here is for things like the timer panic that you see every episode, you see that on the cooking versions of these type of shows too.
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

i saw death wish one for the first time not too long ago. jeff goldblum as a thug is actually now my least favorite movie.
    It's pretty hilarious honestly. Laurence Fishburne is a thug in the 2nd one if memory recalls.

I don't love it, I wouldn't even say i like it but i'm about to jack into 13 Reasons Why s4 despite it becoming more and more of a dumpster fire with every season. It's kinda like a trainwreck where I can't help but feel interested in seeing how it ends.

Quote Originally Posted by Vargulf the Happy Husky View Post
    right? it always blows me away when a guy decides to try something for the first time when money is on the line.

unfortunately, i've seen enough cooking shows too to know that it's all a set up. i do fully believe that all of the contestants are qualified smiths making weapons right then and there, but i find it hard to believe that the show runners don't give them a synopsis before hand. i don't believe the outcomes are scripted, though.

the reason i added it here is for things like the timer panic that you see every episode, you see that on the cooking versions of these type of shows too.
    I think the "blind challenge" adds to it. Like the show has been on long enough now that ANYONE signing up to go on shouldn't be surprised at anything they throw at time. And sadly I like to hear them go PING! just a little too much. But it hurts my soul to see those swords bend
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Big Trouble in Little China, classic
    The Golden Child, terrible but I can't help but watch

I wouldn't say I LOVE it, but the walking dead. I've watched pretty much every episode while at the same time using it as my main yardstick for profoundly poor quality TV.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just rewatch Johnny Mnemonic last night, for the first time since the 90s.

I think this is my new metric for So Bad It's Good movies. Everything about it was vaguely terrible, but it was stilll somehow an incredibly entertaining movie.

five facepalms out of five!
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

I dunno that is a hard one. I normally only watch quality shows.

The only example I can think of would be either true blood or vampire diaries. Im a sucker for vampire stuff especially if they put an interesting twist on the lore like both shows did so I enjoyed them but if someone told me they were terrible I would not argue with them either.
    Comes a time when we all gotta die...even kings.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Books were better.
    This is why I have a hard time with many movies, as the movie adaptations of books are so hit-or-miss. Perhaps it comes down to what's left out from the books that makes the material unique or interesting.

For example, for how much love the Bourne movies got, I immensely love the books way more as the main character is way more fallable and ages/wears down much more to where he becomes less 'superhuman' as the series goes (leaving all the plot points the movie adaptations just throw out of the window). From this perspective, I find the first movie passable but the sequels horrible. If the movies weren't based upon the books, I probably would've enjoyed them more as a 'Bond w/o the swag', but that leaves out what I loved most about the books unfortunately.

For my guilty pleasure, how about Event Horizon? I wish there was a full version of the film available, since supposedly the movie was drastically cut down in length because there was too much gore/violence in the original cut. Probably has one of the most believable lines of dialogue after a main character witnesses something horrific: "We're leaving."
    Last edited by exochaft; 2020-06-07 at 08:14 PM.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

Armageddon. Everything about it is just wrong but it is such mindless Michael Bay fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    National Treasure film series. Hope they make a 3rd one. The second film left some bread crumbs regarding the Book at the end of the film.
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

Love is way too strong a term for these, but I think they were definitely panned more than they deserved.

- Suckerpunch. I found the idea clever and the way they carried it out interesting. Visuals design was great.
    - Super Mario Brothers. I don't particularly like it, but I think it's as serviceable as possible for a "real life" Super Mario. The concept is an Italian dude going through man-sized pipes and jumping on cartoony creatures. How they turned all that to something passable was a good feat in my opinion. Also liked the casting of Mario and Luigi (even if the actors themselves didn't). Had it on VHS in the 90's and watched multiple times, because it was, in the end, an entertaining movie.
    - Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. Certainly worse than the first and third film, but I don't get why it was so hated. Why does it matter that the fridge scene was unrealistic? It's campy Indiana Jones humor. And the aliens? Again, why does it matter? Not too outlandish for a franchise that treats historical artifacts as supernatural. Same as with Han Solo it feels a little bad to see your childhood heroes getting old, but thanks to the time skip we got a new perspective for Indy as a father.
    - With the exception of Batman Vs Superman I've found the DCEU movies pretty good. Haven't seen Suicide Squad and Birds of Prey though.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

Quote Originally Posted by Zuben View Post
    Love is way too strong a term for these, but I think they were definitely panned more than they deserved.

- Suckerpunch. I found the idea clever and the way they carried it out interesting. Visuals design was great.
    - Super Mario Brothers. I don't particularly like it, but I think it's as serviceable as possible for a "real life" Super Mario. The concept is an Italian dude going through man-sized pipes and jumping on cartoony creatures. How they turned all that to something passable was a good feat in my opinion. Also liked the casting of Mario and Luigi (even if the actors themselves didn't). Had it on VHS in the 90's and watched multiple times, because it was, in the end, an entertaining movie.
    - Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. Certainly worse than the first and third film, but I don't get why it was so hated. Why does it matter that the fridge scene was unrealistic? It's campy Indiana Jones humor. And the aliens? Again, why does it matter? Not too outlandish for a franchise that treats historical artifacts as supernatural. Same as with Han Solo it feels a little bad to see your childhood heroes getting old, but thanks to the time skip we got a new perspective for Indy as a father.
    - With the exception of Batman Vs Superman I've found the DCEU movies pretty good. Haven't seen Suicide Squad and Birds of Prey though.
    The fridge scene was the least of that movies problems. Of all the terrible things in that movie the scene that was just too much to recover from was the jungle vine Tarzan chase scene of epic terribleness.

I unapologetically love

its an awful movie by pretty much every standard, but i love it to pieces anyways

I also love

though i don't think its nearly as terrible as many claim. its no masterpiece and as an adaptation... its not great, but just as a popcorn flick, its a ton of fun.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by chilipopper View Post
    Space Balls
    that is not a terrible movie, its an amazing movie, dude - come ON. Space Balls is a goddamn parody classic.