Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Angry Echos are ruining arenas

Right now the arena brackets are being destroyed by players who are 2k+ if not glad and beyond. Before echo farming the lower arena brackets became a thing you could actually progress through the brackets based on your level of ability and land somewhere reasonable. Now however with echos coming from arena games along with a corruption vendor all of those high rated players are muddying up the 0-1999 bracket for easy corruption. I cannot imagine this was intended as arenas where already being treated horribly by the devs (refer to the lack of any real nerfs to rdruids in arena for the ENTIRE YEAR of 2019.). When I bring up an alt to 120 i want to be able to progress through the brackets as i normally would and test the boundries of earning CR with no ilvl. Now players are being incentivized with 500K+ HP to go murder every player who doesn't raid or push high m+ and now cannot even hope to earn their PVP cap without a more geared player among those 2.2+ players to help muddy up the brackets even further. Blizzard has treated arenas and PvP as a whole like dirt for years. Please make a change like you cant earn echoes below 1600 and you only get 10 at that bracket. You seem okay alienating alts from okay PvP gear until 1800CR so can we PLEASE stop giving every idiot DH with 500khp another reason to come terrorize the below 2k bracket.

Don't really see any difference at all in.1800 brackets. Pointless rant.

Its not echoes of corruption ruiming Arena....its arena itself.
    Imho its beyond stupid and boring. Run around the pillar, hope they dont proc TD of run a khazillion vers! Epic gameplay!
    Yes i AM terrible at PVP and yess i never liked it, but its insane nowadays random upon random, upon random! And they call it skill? And then there are DH that are stupid broeken and easy to play..

I actually gave PVP too much attentiom by reaction heremm

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    What's that old saying??

Get gud......

It's not the echos, but the corruptions. Those who have played since the start of the season were sitting there with yaws on the floor.
    The vendor has only amplified the issue.

Corruption shouldn't have become a part of ranked.

Quote Originally Posted by Shorteh View Post
    It's not the echos, but the corruptions. Those who have played since the start of the season were sitting there with yaws on the floor.
    The vendor has only amplified the issue.

Eventhough i agree with you, its not what op is talking about
    Actually echoes is helping the issue you are talking about, since all seem to stack versatile now, to survive the insane rng procs.

On topic.
    It is an issue, and the top pvpers would prefer not to do it. But its simply not worth it for them to do high rank games atm.
    Blizz need to rework the echo rewards.
    Or we simply have to deal with it, since its only a temporary issue, untill players have farmed what they need.

much is assumed or stated as facts concerning PVP arenas in WOW. you look at https://www.arenamate.net/ (changes regularly) doing snap shot checking you will see:
    - DH's are not dominating as many claim, ranked slighty over the middle at #7 of 13 specs
    - res druids are #4 of 5 healing specs. not one in top 100
    - horde due to racials are not massively dominating when it comes to top 50 ranked players. 30 alliance 20 horde and 7 alliance in top 10

even https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ga...aderboards/3v3 proves horde and DHs do not rule

Quote Originally Posted by pinkz View Post
    much is assumed or stated as facts concerning PVP arenas in WOW. you look at https://www.arenamate.net/ (changes regularly) doing snap shot checking you will see:
    - DH's are not dominating as many claim, ranked slighty over the middle at #7 of 13 specs
    - horde due to racials are not massively dominating when it comes to top 50 ranked players. 30 alliance 20 horde and 7 alliance in top 10

even https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ga...aderboards/3v3 proves horde and DHs do not rule
    in a couple of weeks, people will prolly hvae all their BiS corurption (mby another month for the versatile3 to come back up) and it shouldnt really be a problem anymore, except for the lonely boosters once in a while.

Saying arena is all about RNG for TD proc just shows how little pvp knownledge som people have, TD is like worst crap in arena Sure their is RNG, most games have that layoer of game, but alot of times its about the skill. That said i can agree on some classes have an easier time in arena than others, DH for 1 example, press your pve Rotation and mana burn once in a while and your good to go.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shorteh View Post
    Should have been left out of PvP entirely.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

blizzard templated PVP (except WPVP) in legion, because they knew, they could not balance with legendary's, and art wpns.

BFA with more systems blizzard should have done the same

blizzard templated PVP (except WPVP) in legion, because they knew, they could not balance with legendary's, and art wpns.

Templates were so good. I miss the even battles. Corruption isn't a good mechanic for arena

There's always some ridiculous RNG element or 80 hours a week of time played to be elite. Its been happening since day 1 of arena. Granted some xpacs are worse than others and BFA is arguably the worst, but still the lack of balance is nothing new. This is a big reason why a lot of players think of arena and Pvp as nothing more than a side game.

.... how do you "ruin" something that was shite from day 1?

- - - Updated - - -

You realize the templates actually made for a WIDER stat spread than any system before that, right?

We did the math here on these forums during Legion.

Templates were garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    and PvE. It completely scuffed any kind of competition as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurin View Post
    and PvE. It completely scuffed any kind of competition as well.
    Won't argue with that.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    They completely neglected pvp this expansion, like never before, in all aspects.

Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    They completely neglected pvp this expansion, like never before, in all aspects.
    blizzard started declaring war on PVP starting in WOTLK, but i'm not going to explain out issues from WOTLK to Legion.

in legion they started with open supposed PVP flagged zones for players to do dailies and get honor and marks of honor with PVP being chance.

BFA added more sold as PVP where you play vs AI, and added the warmode on/off to stop WPVP complaints, and imo not have to deal with serious imbalance issues, they were forced to deal with patch to patch, hotfix to hotfix prior to legion/BFA.

blizzard caves to PVE, when they added the rank 4 essences requiring 100K honor , PVE'rs cried it got reduced to 30K. did PVP'rs get a reduction not requiring mythic raid kill for the rank 4 essence to herioc/LFR...nope, of course PVErs would take that route too, negating mythic

i saw a streamer a while back all joyous about the comp stomp AB BG where you play against "real stupid AI" (streamers words) to get a fast quick 30K honor. this BG a basiclly a blizzard created win rigged BG, if players set up BGs to create the same results, they could be banned for win rigging.

some may say the 30K requirement benefits the PVPr also, imo still lopsided
    Last edited by pinkz; 2020-06-06 at 06:02 PM.

blizzard started declaring war on PVP starting in WOTLK, but i'm not going to explain out issues from WOTLK to Legion.

in legion they started with open supposed PVP flagged zones for players to do dailies and get honor and marks of honor with PVP being chance.

BFA added more sold as PVP where you play vs AI, and added the warmode on/off to stop WPVP complaints, and imo not have to deal with serious imbalance issues, they were forced to deal with patch to patch, hotfix to hotfix prior to legion/BFA.

blizzard caves to PVE, when they added the rank 4 essences requiring 100K honor , PVE'rs cried it got reduced to 30K. did PVP'rs get a reduction not requiring mythic raid kill for the rank 4 essence to herioc/LFR...nope, of course PVErs would take that route too, negating mythic

i saw a streamer a while back all joyous about the comp stomp AB BG where you play against "real stupid AI" (streamers words) to get a fast quick 30K honor. this BG a basiclly a blizzard created win rigged BG, if players set up BGs to create the same results, they could be banned for win rigging.

some may say the 30K requirement benefits the PVPr also, imo still lopsided
    Rank 4 is the cosmetic only upgrade and as far as i know it still requires 100K gained. The bad part is blood of the enemy & conflict and strike being the best raiding / m+ essences, so we pve'rs need to grind PvP as well to minmax the character. But you have the same deal with iris or the raid essences, you need to farm heroic or mythic raid to get rank3 essence in a somewhat timely fashion (good luck with grinding 60 items in LFR where it drops 1 per whole wing)

havent checked pvp rankings in years,but damn 30-20 faction seems good,i remember a time where like 99.99% was aliance

I am sorry, but when it comes to a SKILL BASED idea of the game, WHY haven't they just made PVP awards COSMETIC AND COOL and make the PVP arena standard gear que with equal scaling.

The fact they haven't thought or bothered to try this makes it apparent that PVP is not a reason to play this game and go find a different competitive one.

Think about it, all competitive games have matches that start with same weapon, same rules, and maybe progression and skill choice.

To make Arena balanced around PvE rules is stupid and people expecting the game to change to that while ALL OTHER FING GAMES DO IT BETTER Is beyond me. =) Please continue to waste your time to make WoW PvP a thing.