Poll: Who will be the guild breaker?

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rusken View Post
    It is, actually. Only a tad creepy you looked it up so quickly haha. And yes those numbers are <700-1k and that's because you linked a split run without full buffs.

https://classic.warcraftlogs.com/rep...KJDGc#fight=25 is a more accurate representation of our top performances, we chilled out a bit 'cause people were burning out having to get full world buffs for every raid. RNG will always play a factor but the point is reaching those numbers in AQ/Naxx gear will be effortless.
    I know no changes and all, but I would've been alright if Blizzard had disallowed world buffs in raids like some private servers did. Shit's annoying to get and only makes the game less fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14 View Post
    I know no changes and all, but I would've been alright if Blizzard had disallowed world buffs in raids like some private servers did. Shit's annoying to get and only makes the game less fun.
    And for some odd reason my GF gets burning adrenaline every damn Vael with her mage, which makes her semi-sad losing all buffs and not being able to push dps that week, again.

TBC structure with Classic setting would win internet =(

10+ Year Old Account
    No boss, they will be slaugthered and week two there will be Pugs clearing them as well. Which I don't mind

Quote Originally Posted by Soluna View Post
    You realise that Hakkar +5 high priests was killed 13 minutes after the instance was available to the public, a feat deemed impossible even with full naxx gear back in vanilla right before TBC, by elitist jerks, who had the best try with 2% wipe, fully naxx geared, while the group of monkeys that killed it 13 minutes after it released didn't have even AQ gear. So yeah, let that sink in, something even harder than Naxx was killed in 13 mins after it launched.

Vanilla is a joke, and whoever claims otherwise is flat out wrong.
    How is enjoying a expansion a joke?
    Some like classic
    Some like WoD
    Some hate legion
    Some love bfa
    Some hate bfa
    Some love cataclysm

How can anyone’s opinion be wrong? Thats just stupid

It boils down to how easy they tune these bosses in classic.

On Pservers Skeram was by far the biggest block, but on those servers most AQ/Naxx fights was about half as hard as in Vanilla, thanks to poor tuning. (inherited 1.12 balancing issues)

As Ion said, Classic had to be made easier and more accessible for the modern generation of gamers, so both AQ and Naxx will probably be nerfed to the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by Soluna View Post
    Vanilla is a joke, and whoever claims otherwise is flat out wrong.
    That's part of the charm though. It shows that there doesn't need to be 4 difficulties and every single boss with a hard mode to appease the top percentile who think everything needs to be difficult and challenging in order to be fun. I was having a blast in Classic despite everything being easy. Now yeah, I sort of wish it wasn't that easy because I was one of those people who didn't play in Vanilla but constantly heard how hard it was and in the months leading to Classic how all the "Wrathbabies" and "Cata Noobs" would be in for a shock with Vanilla's difficulty and then it turned out to be a complete joke. But really, I'm fine with that. Not everything has to be super difficult and challenging.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by epLe View Post

On Pservers Skeram was by far the biggest block, but on those servers most AQ/Naxx fights was about half as hard as in Vanilla, thanks to poor tuning. (inherited 1.12 balancing issues)

As Ion said, Classic had to be made easier and more accessible for the modern generation of gamers, so both AQ and Naxx will probably be nerfed to the ground.

Gonna need a quote on that. Also, some pservers actually tuned the bosses harder than they ever were in vanilla.
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla

Quote Originally Posted by Nobleshield View Post
    That's part of the charm though. It shows that there doesn't need to be 4 difficulties and every single boss with a hard mode to appease the top percentile who think everything needs to be difficult and challenging in order to be fun. I was having a blast in Classic despite everything being easy. Now yeah, I sort of wish it wasn't that easy because I was one of those people who didn't play in Vanilla but constantly heard how hard it was and in the months leading to Classic how all the "Wrathbabies" and "Cata Noobs" would be in for a shock with Vanilla's difficulty and then it turned out to be a complete joke. But really, I'm fine with that. Not everything has to be super difficult and challenging.
    I very much agree with that. My reply looks horrible out of context, but I mainly focus on the difficulty being a joke.

I personally find classic a great game to just chill and have a weekly 40 man raid with friends, which I still do, because it's an easy game where I can just joke around and shit will just die fast and we will all get loot!

So ye, my comment is mostly for these ppl who were saying that vanilla is gonna be hard when made into classic, but it's not, and it won't be even in naxx for sure.

- - - Updated - - -

When did Ion say that classic had to be made easier? Provide source or stop pulling bs out of your ass.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    If they can do C'Thun I don't think Naxx will be much of an issue - aside from the tank poaching for 4H that'll stiffle other guilds progress despite not even making it anywhere near as far yet.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by NabyBro View Post
    Again the age old question of difficulty.

Taking more time does not equal difficulty. Farming mats for a raid does not add to the difficulty of said raid.

You could make your raid watch a guide of any Classic boss and then down it in max 2 pulls because the mechanics are a fckin joke.

You could make your raid watch N'zoth guide videos and still wipe 20 times to it even tho "everybody knows what to do" because you actually have to execute mechanics.
    Insert any boss here.
    My favorite example is HC Mekkatorque: you can know that shit inside out and wipe all night to it.

But yea, classic is hard.... sure.
    BWL seems to be about as hard, if not slightly harder than current heroic Nyalotha.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVXfA7cKqHQ

They haven't touched any of the fights, what are you smoking

Quote Originally Posted by dumathoinn View Post
    literally not a single, boss in the game up to current.
    To add, guilds break due to internal conflict. Drama

Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14 View Post
    Ahn'qjraj is still designed for older talent trees and 8-debuff slots so it shouldn't be overly difficult if a guild has their nature resist ready.
    ??

Patch 1.7.0: "The debuff limit has been increased to 16 (from 8). In addition, the client will now display all 16 debuffs."

AQ was released in patch 1.9.0

Quote Originally Posted by mmocfd1b0ab5a3 View Post
    ??

Patch 1.7.0: "The debuff limit has been increased to 16 (from 8). In addition, the client will now display all 16 debuffs."

AQ was released in patch 1.9.0
    Ah you're right, good catch.

Later classic raids are rather easy mechanically (even Nax bosses) but are actually tuned for 40 players with gear.
    MC and BWL could be done with 25 players that tried and rest that was rather useless (still better than nobody, that's how baddies got into raids back then and this is a drawback of flexible raid size for those people)

High-end tryhard guilds will obviously crush the raids the day they come out but this is not a standard by any means. These guilds have experience of world first or realm first progression on like 20 tiers by now and Classic isn't a newly released tier, it's something that has detailed strats available everywhere. For a normal player AQ and Naxxramas will pose a decent dose of challenge. Perhaps something along HC nya.

Back in 2005/6 world buff stacking was not as popular as it is today. Sure, people did this but not to the extent we see on classic realms in 2020. Griefer squads of dispellers are 2020 thing. It was not present in vanilla at all.

I actually wonder why people are so clueless to the fact that Vanilla wasn't hard at all lol. The only difficult part of Vanilla was getting 40 people together, all of them having stable internet, and all of them having decent computers lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    I actually wonder why people are so clueless to the fact that Vanilla wasn't hard at all lol. The only difficult part of Vanilla was getting 40 people together, all of them having stable internet, and all of them having decent computers lol.
    Pretty much, but this unfortunately doesn't fit with the whole nostalgia narrative of "omg Vanilla was the peak of WoW where you needed to be super skilled to get anywhere" that people like to perpetuate for some inscrutable reason.

Quote Originally Posted by WaltherLeopold View Post
    BWL seems to be about as hard, if not slightly harder than current heroic Nyalotha.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVXfA7cKqHQ
    except people in bwl have gear from previous tier (or worse), i doubt those people in nyalotha were in LFR or worse (and uncorupted and unsocketed) gear...

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    except people in bwl have gear from previous tier (or worse), i doubt those people in nyalotha were in LFR or worse (and uncorupted and unsocketed) gear...
    I dont understand what you mean.

10+ Year Old Account

This never happened my man.

Stop making shit up. Classic is good as is, it's what it's supposed to be. Boss fights are not what makes the experience challenging, and that's OK.