View Poll Results: Peanut butter: Crunchy or Creamy?

Voters
25. This poll is closed
  • Crunchy

11 44.00%
  • Creamy

14 56.00%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post

I'm legit surprised they can legally call it "peanut butter". The stuff melts with a stern look.
    what's wrong with melted peanut butter. it's so good.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Crunchy peanut butter belongs in the trash.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Crunchy. Creamy is for commies

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by shadowmouse View Post
    Ah, you learned cooking from Nomi! Peanut butter should be crunchy so I can tell that there are peanuts involved -- creamy is simply peanut flavored grease, but it probably burns better.

Unfortunately, you left off options for being peanut intolerant (running for the toilet), or allergic to them (which can be fatal). Right now, I seem to be peanut intolerant, but in the days when I did eat peanut butter it had to be chunky and chunkier was better. A good sprinkle of dried peppers was nice as well.
    OP isn't asking whether PB will leave poop swatches on your undies or not, OP asked whether crunchy or creamy PB was better

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LeGin Tufnel View Post
    Crunchy all the way. Smooth is just a weird thing that Americans have with 'jelly' in their sandwiches. For me, it's definitely a savoury thing. Would never have it with anything other than toast plus a nice, thick layer of rock salt on top.
    Wait, yall don't eat PB&J?

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Mostly smooth, not so smooth it's infused with sugar or something.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    It's not a norm in most places. If you're not raised with the idea of PB it turns out that a lot people view it as a 'gross idea'. It must be a texture issue since it seems most of the world doesn't have an issue with the taste of peanuts before they get smushed into paste.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel
    OP isn't asking whether PB will leave poop swatches on your undies or not, OP asked whether crunchy or creamy PB was better
    Well, sometimes people don't ask good questions. Peanut allergies (and the related problem of intolerance) are a huge problem and people should show some awareness.
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Nope, not in the UK. A friend visiting from the States gave us some Reeses Cups (along with some nice stuff like decent jerky & hot sauce) and sad to say they all went in the food waste composting bin.

Well, sometimes people don't ask good questions. Peanut allergies (and the related problem of intolerance) are a huge problem and people should show some awareness.
    The poster is asking simply, which do you prefer: crunchy or smooth. Not whether it makes you ill. That's kind of implicit in the binary question. You're not going to have a preference for crunchy or smooth if you're allergic. Or you might do, but that would make you a masochist.

An entirely separate topic would be e.g., do you suffer from a nut allergy or not. I don't, however, want to get into an argument over peanut butter, so will leave it there.

The good peanut butter are the crunchy one that you have to mix back the oil in everytime you open the jar. The over processed garbage American call peanut butter is disgusting.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    A "huge problem"? I don't know anyone who has peanut allergies. That whole nonsense has existed since I was a kid and now it's been backpedaled on because discriminating one food from schools because like one in 200 kids was allergic to peanuts that required ingesting them, was deemed to be absolutely illogical and irrational. Most schools around here do not have peanut butter bans anymore, whereas they started banning it when I was a kid and it was in full swing when my younger brother went through school. A lot of people also grow out of allergies, especially if you have mild reactions. Most kids with allergies these days carry an epipen anyway, just to be on the safe side. Then again, we don't try and screw people out of necessary medications here in Canada.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by minteK917 View Post
    The good peanut butter are the crunchy one that you have to mix back the oil in everytime you open the jar. The over processed garbage American call peanut butter is disgusting.
    It's not hard to find that stuff, but not a lot of stores sell it, usually the nutrition stores have it.

Creamy. Love me some sammiches with cherry marmalade and proper peanut butter from Finland. Although I recently discovered this Peanut butter made from 99.3% ROASTED peanuts + sea salt, from the Netherlands... Holy shit what an experience.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2020-06-07 at 02:10 PM.

Ah, you learned cooking from Nomi! Peanut butter should be crunchy so I can tell that there are peanuts involved -- creamy is simply peanut flavored grease, but it probably burns better.
    It's called Peanut Butter...is butter usually something you think should be crunchy?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac
    It's called Peanut Butter...is butter usually something you think should be crunchy?
    You'd have to ask the companies that make peanut butter, they probably make it to supply a demand unless Adam Smith was completely wrong.

This is why I prefer Schmaltz as a spread for the most part. There are crispy bits, and it comes from real dead animals instead of legumes that masquerade as nuts!
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

You'd have to ask the companies that make peanut butter, they probably make it to supply a demand unless Adam Smith was completely wrong.
    I'm asking you. Do you think butter should be crunchy?

On it's own with Toast; Crunchy.

Everything else, as a component; Smooth.

I use smooth peanut butter for peanut chicken curry...

10+ Year Old Account
    Do you think butter should be crunchy?
    Depends. How good are you at milking a peanut? Or are you a city boy and think that peanuts come from milking cows? I suppose the Skittles commercials might have warped your impression of how things work.

Depends. How good are you at milking a peanut? Or are you a city boy and think that peanuts come from milking cows? I suppose the Skittles commercials might have warped your impression of how things work.
    You still haven't answered my question.

Do you think Butter should be crunchy?

It's a yes or a no question.

Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    You still haven't answered my question.

Do you think Butter should be crunchy?

Butter - no, peanut butter - yes.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, it is a stupid game with words that you're getting obsessive over. Perhaps you aren't a native speaker and you're somehow making a mistake about the significance of "butter" in the name peanut butter? There are a wide variety of things called butter, including fruit butters (which are not smooth and oily in the sense of cow's butter but share the name anyway).

One such "butter" is peanut butter, which is sold in a crunchy variety, and says so right on the label. Get back to me when cow's butter is sold in a crunchy variety. Until then, since there isn't a crunchy form of butter, your question is moot. Have a good day.

No, it is a stupid game with words that you're getting obsessive over. Perhaps you aren't a native speaker and you're somehow making a mistake about the significance of "butter" in the name peanut butter? There are a wide variety of things called butter, including fruit butters (which are not smooth and oily in the sense of cow's butter but share the name anyway).

One such "butter" is peanut butter, which is sold in a crunchy variety, and says so right on the label. Get back to me when cow's butter is sold in a crunchy variety. Until then, since there isn't a crunchy form of butter, your question is moot. Have a good day.
    You're really taking this personally... as you said...it was just a stupid game.