Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I don't care. Not a single bit. I don't quite understand what's so awesome about stance dancing. In Classic it works because the Class plays slow af. As time moved on and stances retained their specific values, it just moved on to a wide selection of macros for every ability. So you want the incredible "depth" of macroing most to every single button?

As far as stances go, MoP was fine. There was no specific need or reason to macro anything to every single fucking button. Every stance had a very clearly defined use. Deff Stance straight forward, Battle Stance your base stance, really. And Berserker Stance was a very undervalued, but useful stance especially for that very minor RPM min/maxing, by utilizing it whenever heavy damage came in and you wouldn't require def stance or lived spicy enough to opt for not using it.

10+ Year Old Account
    How about no, Stance dancing is stupid.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

There was never an actual need to macro anything when stances existed.

I think they are great because they increase the class skill cap and help differentiate the Warrior from other melees.

Quote Originally Posted by Gungnir View Post
    As someone who played warrior for a long ass time, you just macro it into abilities eventually and the whole mechanic just becomes useless.
    ^This... if a macro effectively negates the choice then it's not a choice... just remove it.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    How about no, Stance dancing is stupid.
    ^Also this
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    No fucking way. The worst idea since democracy.

They actually already added it back. On your Bnet launcher above the play button is a button that says "version" click that and choose "world of warcraft classic" you can now stance macro on your warrior to your little hearts content!

Quote Originally Posted by Gotural View Post
    Everyone who think "oh but this is going to slow down gameplay so much, won't work in the fast paced game we have today, we need more ability off gcd, not more!"

Do you even realise that stances were never ever in the history of WoW on the actual GCD?
    Stances always were off the GCD, with a 1 sec internal cooldown specific to stances.

You didn't need to wait 1.5sec after switching to DStance to disarm back in the day, or to press Overpower after switching to CStance.

It was actually really really fast, fluid, with actually more things to press and a faster paced gameplay than today. Because like fire mages do nowadays with Fire Blast which is off the GCD and can be cast while casting something else, good warriors back in the day were nearly constantly changing stances during the GCD of their actual techniques.

And as I Rank 1 player, I can assure you that macroing abilities with stances was an actual gameplay/flexibility/keybinds loss, it's basic algorithmic.

Bring back stances 100%.
    muh stance dancing...

just macro everything and forget they ever existed. Great class design that requires actual skill of pressing CTRL+C and then CTRL+V once to make the macro.

Quote Originally Posted by Gungnir View Post
    As someone who played warrior for a long ass time, you just macro it into abilities eventually and the whole mechanic just becomes useless.
    but dude! they took it away! we want it back so the people who dont want it can be the ones being vocal about how stupid blizz is!

10+ Year Old Account
    one thing that is weird is how a lot of old stance dancing abilities are coming back to the game but no stances to switch, which just means less room on the action bars

Stances are honestly just boring in classic and I don't see it being different now. It didn't make the game harder in anyway. It was a shit concept then and it would be a shit concept now.

No, thanks. It was always the most annoying aspect of playing a warrior and i'm glad it's no longer a thing, at least for fury.

Ew, no....

Stance dancing should be a major talent you pick and it actually involves you switching stances - all of which do and focus on different things (All revolving around your current spec). Old-school stance dancing is rather boring and just archaic at this point; even if it added some complexity to PVP warriors.

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinChan View Post
    Stance dancing should be a major talent you pick and it actually involves you switching stances - all of which do and focus on different things (All revolving around your current spec). Old-school stance dancing is rather boring and just archaic at this point; even if it added some complexity to PVP warriors.
    Sure. But the talent should also make it so you cant macro stances together with abilities then. Otherwise its pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    Sure. But the talent should also make it so you cant macro stances together with abilities then. Otherwise its pointless.
    I mean it wouldn't matter if they tried to do a similar system like Gladiator stance - or have CDs on your stance changing so you have options, but aren't able to freely switch between the stances for obvious reasons. Or make it a rotational thing, I don't exactly know. But I do know it'd be a fun mechanic if you were able to stance dance and each one focused on something else. This is more like stance swapping, I suppose. I'd like to see a system like that over popping a stance, using an ability, popping another stance, using an ability, etc.

MoP stances were good because they actually brought you situations where using one was better than using another unlike the vanilla design where you were forced to use them to be able to do a spell. Sadly, the concept is too similar of the paladin's aura. While I'd like to see them (and aspect in hunt, and presence in DK) they don't feel needed. But I would welcome and enjoy their MoP design.

Quote Originally Posted by IKT View Post
    what? I much prefer stance dancing over button mashing.
    Stance dance will (thankfully) never come back. Button mashing vs thoughtful reactive gameplay should, if possible for a spec, be created via talent choice.

I really disliked having to switch between stances to use certain abilities back in the day. Personally I'm happy they took it out, although I can understand your sentiment. As a prot main, I would love to have gladiator stance back though.

Stance dancing didn't take any finesse or make you skilled, stop kidding yourselves. QoL change to get rid of it imo and much rather have it this way.

It's not like the game already feels slow enough nowadays. Might as well add a bit more.

If and only if they bring back the exact rotation of cataclysm arms warrior, i'd be intrigued to have stances back.
    If not? Hell no... It was never that fun to be honest, not in classic, not in retail. Only during cataclysm did I actually find it fun and adding to the skill ceiling.