Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    1. be attractive
    2. don't be unattractive

- - - Updated - - -

And how many people do you believe honestly think that way?
    Not sure how that question is even a thing in a thread about people literally believing those things.

How many of the Proud Boys REALLY believe that Jews are trying to replace them...?

How many choosing to go down and fight for ISIS REALLY believe what they say about a new world order?

How many of the KKK REALLY believe they're superior as a race?

Yeah... The answer would be: All of them. They can change their minds and leave, sure, but when they're in it, they sure as fuck subscribe to it. Same thing with anti-vaxxers and flat-earthers and whatever else idiocies that people decide to believe in.

The best way to not be called an Incel, is to not be one. Looks got nothing to do with it, uggos (non-Chads/Stacys) reproduce all the damned time. Self-loathing and entitlement is a hell of a combo. <.<

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thekri View Post
    Ultimately you can't solve the issue permanently, because it is just going to get rebranded and pop up again with a different title, and possibly different ideology. However you can reduce the problem by reducing the amount of people that are isolated by society. I think a lot of this particular problem is caused by a problem of bad schooling, and the psychological effects of society moving online. A lot of these kids got picked on or somehow socially isolated at school, and turned to the internet for social interaction. Due the nature of internet culture, with freedom from consequences coupled with anomity, this creates a highly self destructive situation, where they want real social interactions, but are not equipped to get it, and somehow believe they are entitled to all the hot girls and fast cars they saw on the internet. Reality comes crashing in, and they don't handle it well.

I am certainly not making excuses for the individuals involved, but the fact this seems to be a growing problem is a cause for concern. The correct approach here seems to parallel the correct approach for Drug abuse, mental health, and other societal problems. Revamp our education system to provide more uniform opportunities and benefits, and be less of a Hunger Games competition, where the richest competitors always win. There is also a role for health professionals, local communities, and unfortunately, police.

I am not at all sympathetic to individual assholes that build bombs in their house though. I still do believe in personal responsibility, and no matter how much the system failed them, they made a choice to inflict suffering on others (Or in this case, attempted it and blew their appendages off).
    Well put. I agree with the lot of it, even though I know just how difficult it is to even try and approach the radicalized people unless you're a part of the group and share their views.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2020-06-11 at 04:11 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    I don't think there's anything wrong with feeling like you've earned something. But sex isn't something that is given, it's earned by not being a shitty person and earning the love and respect of a woman.
    I'd caution the word 'Earned'. That is actually part of the Incel culture. They believe that being a "nice guy" is enough to "earn" sex from women.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

And how many people do you believe honestly think that way?
    Just actual incels. They are angry because "The Stacey's" allegedly think they are too good to sleep with them....but at the same time wouldn't ever consider lowering their own standards to sleep with someone they don't consider attractive.

10+ Year Old Account
    1. be attractive
    2. don't be unattractive
    Not all ugly people are incels though...?

Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    Just actual incels. They are angry because "The Stacey's" allegedly think they are too good to sleep with them....but at the same time wouldn't ever consider lowering their own standards to sleep with someone they don't consider attractive.
    I feel like there's a bunch of folks who probably consider themselves incels (and society would as well) that don't think this way, and its simply a mindset that's pushed by the most vocal of folks.

Not saying this outlook isn't a problem especially when there's some sort of planned retribution involved of course.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Not all ugly people are incels though...?
    That's a result of odds.

Also, I was attempting to be a bit snarky.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady G View Post
    It's like years of Judd Apatow and John Hughes movies taught those guys the wrong lessons.
    lol I hadn't heard this point before but that makes perfect sense. I'm not familiar with Hughes but with Apatow movies I have gotten that sense before that their casting choices and stories could lead to harmful expectations.

I feel like there's a bunch of folks who probably consider themselves incels (and society would as well) that don't think this way, and its simply a mindset that's pushed by the most vocal of folks.

Not saying this outlook isn't a problem especially when there's some sort of planned retribution involved of course.
    Then it isn't "involuntary".

They could have sex if they were willing lower their unrealistic standards.
    Last edited by Egomaniac; 2020-06-11 at 06:08 PM.

I think for women we see entitlement in modern day feminism, where they feel entitled to the same things men have worked for without having to sacrifice their health and family life to be successful in those extreme cases.
    Come again?

Would you like to name some of those "extreme cases" where men have to "sacrifice their health and family life to be successful" and count them against the huge majority of cases where men don't sacrifice their health and family life and are still more successful than women, just because they're men?

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think both men and women are guilty of it, just incels are definitely the most extreme cases. If there's one thing collectively that we could all do to increase our value to potential partners, is to start caring about ourselves and stop trying to pass off responsibility for our ugliness. We need to stop blaming one another and just own up to our responsibility to care for ourselves. When you care about yourself, you are ready to care about someone else. If you don't care about how the world sees you, whether it be through a physical or an emotional/psychological perspective, no one is going to care about you or want to love you. The emotional or psychological ugliness is what incels are, and to an extreme level as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    I'd caution the word 'Earned'. That is actually part of the Incel culture. They believe that being a "nice guy" is enough to "earn" sex from women.
    Being a nice guy doesn't get you laid and whoever thinks that is the case is a moron. I try to be respectful towards those I interact with personally, and that includes women. Doesn't mean they give a shit about whether I'm a nice guy or not, they are generally smart enough to realize that those kinds of guys are no different from the cliche fratboys who just want to get laid and don't care about having a relationship. Getting laid, aside from one night stands anyway, requires effort, especially these days. Women are smart, they see through our bullshit with relative ease.

10+ Year Old Account
    Then it isn't "involuntary".

They could have sex if they were willing lower their unrealistic standards.
    They could even have sex with ladies for hire to begin with

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post
    How does one avoid being labeled as an incel?
    Incels tend to lack self introspection, they fail to or refuse to look inward for flaws, and instead choose to blame the world and especially women for their misery.

This propensity for blaming others is indicative of their overall failure to be decent human beings. In short they often believe themselves to be ideal male speciments. They see themselves at nice, caring, loving, giving, generous, selfless, and basically the ultimate dating material. They tend to fail to see that they are the opposite of the way they see themselves. They are selfish, passive aggressive, greedy, emotionally manipulative.

As others have said, they ultimately label themselves, but the above is a pretty good indicator of incels. Many will just call themselves "nice guys" and constantly complain about being friend zoned.

The ironic part is a lot of anti-female and anti feminist posters on these forums, if you could look back 5-10 years, they were all posting about how they're amazingly nice guys but no one would date them, and they'd always be friend zoned.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

But the question is, why do they feel that way? Look, there's zero excuse for committing acts of terrorism because you can't get laid. My next statement might be one that people agree or disagree with, but I feel it's true at this point in time.

I'd say that in my lifetime, so the last 30+ years, we have very much reinforced the entitlement attitude as a society. The whole participation award trope comes to mind. A lot of people around my age, and continually getting younger, have a very strong sense of entitlement. This isn't just an issue with men, women are almost as bad as us at it, though their approach is different to that of men. Some men, at least, feel like they are entitled to the perfect partner, the "ideal girl" so to speak. I think for women we see entitlement in modern day feminism, where they feel entitled to the same things men have worked for without having to sacrifice their health and family life to be successful in those extreme cases. Incels are the epitome of toxic male entitlement.

I don't think there's anything wrong with feeling like you've earned something. But sex isn't something that is given, it's earned by not being a shitty person and earning the love and respect of a woman.
    What is this noise, exactly? The concern of feminism was always equal pay for equal work, and it's been almost exclusively women, not men, who were expected to "sacrifice family life" to be successful, where men got to enjoy both, because they had a wife taking care of the family, or bearing the burden of the responsibility for seeing to it even when they also have careers. That's why there aren't whole industries devoted to helping men figure out how they can "have it all," in this case, career and family, because they already do, and always have, because they're only responsible for the career part while women are still responsible for both. Which you interpret as "female entitlement." M'ok.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    Incels only value the purest of virgins. The rest are trash to them.
    That's what I have read as well--that they consider themselves "too good" for prostitutes and non-10 virgins.
    Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition, to wit: There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect. There is nothing more or else to it, and there never has been, in any place or time. --Frank Wilhoit

10+ Year Old Account
    Are you just here to throw shit on the walls or do you have anything resembling a point to make?

- - - Updated - - -

I mean, if it's a choice between

"get a hooker"

and

"Blow up a squad of cheerleaders"

I think we can all agree on which of those two choices is "normal"

Prostitution is the world's oldest profession after all
    Actually it's the second. Someone had to ask for it before someone decided to monetize it. So begging would be the oldest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    cant he just get a hooker then ?
    like a normal person would do -_-
    What's more depressing than a woman rejecting you?

Having to pay her money in order for her to be willing to spend some time with you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by wunksta View Post
    I think you are joking but here's a good video
    As someone who avoids looking at reflective surfaces and runs away whenever he sees a camera, I envy the dude in the video.
    He has cojones made out of adamantium.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    What's more depressing than a woman rejecting you?

Having to pay her money in order for her to be willing to spend some time with you.
    If it's that or murder women, take one for the team.
    Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition, to wit: There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect. There is nothing more or else to it, and there never has been, in any place or time. --Frank Wilhoit

Quote Originally Posted by Stormdash View Post
    This thread's total lack of hot cheerleaders is unreasonable.
    CommanderShepherd agrees.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Levelfive View Post
    If it's that or murder women, take one for the team.
    Umm... I'm not a necrophile, so I pass on the whole murder shabang, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Umm... I'm not a necrophile, so I pass on the whole murder shabang, thanks.
    I say "or murder women" and your first thought is necrophilia? Upon reflection, I hope no one who thinks like that hires prostitutes either.
    Last edited by Levelfive; 2020-06-12 at 01:08 PM.