Page 5 of 32 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Did you make a reddit thread about this too lol?

I've played both games off and on for years. WoW since mid-WotLK and FFXIV since the tail end of ARR.

Class design in both games have changed over the years, but I'd say current FFXIV is comparable in complexity to Wrath/Cata era.
    The last few xpac in WoW have crazy simplified classes though, so if that all you know, then I guess I can see why you find FFXIV "hard".

That said, it's not that hard. They even simplified it at the start of the most recent expansion and removed some ability bloat. The main rotation for most classes happens in a static sequence where the buttons even light up for you. There's not much to memorize. Most classes are pretty simple and intuitive if you just... spend a few minutes learning them.

I was actually upset at the start of Shadowbringers because they over-simplified my main (warrior).

Quote Originally Posted by Wrecktangle View Post
    I must preface that I am not currently raiding WoW this tier. However, I have raided most of BfA. I don't raid Mythic seriously (just casually, usually first 3-5 bosses via pugs/our heroic guild). Yet, despite being a raidlogger with on average 3-7ilvl less than my colleagues and a good 10 or so ilvl lower than dedicated mythic raiders I still have 90-95%+ kills on record in Mythic and 99% in Heroic (a few 100's by ilvl).

Again, I know with corruption shit, RNG is a much bigger factor this tier than in tiers past, but despite the more condensed toolkit, there's still a surprising amount of optimization and depth in some class kits.

Source? Because as another poster and my own research indicated - this is completely inaccurate based on CPM. How are you measuring APM exactly?

To be fair, positioning is highly static in FF14. It's always be here at this exact GCD at this exact time. WoW is much more dynamic in managing uptime. Whether one is better or not is up to subjective discussion.
    Going off experience.

We had a ninja who, with GCD, and oGCDs would hit 60-70 every raid. But always bitch about how he needed to do more, and needed more SPS to do so.

Looked up on a fight I know well, haven't done the new Savages. But this only counts skills that do dmg. So oGCDs need to be added to this.

https://www.fflogs.com/reports/qDz8H...=23&type=casts

Maybe I was a bit off with 80-90, more like 60-70.

It with DRK, are the most active classes in the game, during the first tier of Savage when I was raiding. Maybe things have changed? But they typically don't change that much within an expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by agentsi View Post
    Going off experience.

We had a ninja who, with GCD, and oGCDs would hit 60-70 every raid. But always bitch about how he needed to do more, and needed more SPS to do so.

Looked up on a fight I know well, haven't done the new Savages. But this only counts skills that do dmg. So oGCDs need to be added to this.

It with DRK, are the most active classes in the game, during the first tier of Savage when I was raiding. Maybe things have changed? But they typically don't change that much within an expansion.
    fflogs does not only count things that do damage. lmfao it shows oGCDs. it shows all buttons pressed. no one is hitting 70 every raid

https://www.fflogs.com/reports/Xj2zb...casts&source=9

Acceleration
    Swift cast
    Addle
    Manafication
    etc

also DRK is not even in the top 10 for APM, see below
    Quote Originally Posted by The Oblivion View Post
    its actually NIN > MCH > BRD > SMN > SAM > GNB > DNC > DRG > AST > MNK > DRK > RDM > PLD > WAR > BLM > SCH > WHM per fflogs top 10 parses of each job.

Ninja being 48.7 apm and White Mage being 27.5
    Last edited by The Oblivion; 2020-06-15 at 09:36 PM.

Going off experience.

you're greatly exaggerating ff14 cpm. ninja is the top and is more like 50s. drk is more like 40 and probably not even in the top 5 of apm.

Yeah. FF14 is hot garbage. I keep going back, trying to like it, but it's impossible. The quests are boring. The story is bad. There are so man unnecessarily unfriendly design flaws. Why do I have to dismount to talk to somebody? The UI is abysmal. The rotations are so fucking boring and it makes combat clunky as fuck. God, this game sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    This isnt how parsing works. I dont know why i am discussing this with people who obviously dont have experience with it.

Parsing high %'s usually comes from the group giving you freedom to solo aoe adds or something along the lines. THe highest parses generally arent an indication of anything other then people getting to cheese the boss completely while the others do the work.

And even with your logic, then no. Gear matters, but luck have some extreme outliers. Like i said, you can visually see it from Bajheeras rank 1 on youtube. He got lucky starts proc and did 116k dps, 45% of it was from lucky stars proc. THat doesnt happen often, and it doesnt happen to anyone, but the fact is - its not because of bajheera it happened, its because of luck

- - - Updated - - -

But its just not true. Like i have literally 0 reason to discuss this with you because you are just wrong. I wont answer you anymore. I'm not compelled to look up stuff and educate you, i just dont care that your opinion keeps being wrong, its fine with me
    Enjoy being deluded.

Quote Originally Posted by Brenz View Post
    To anyone saying ff14 rotations are simple, do hard trials with a smn, that's a cluster fuck of dodging abilities and trying to maintain semi decent dps.
    Aren't most of smn abilities other than ruin instant though?

Quote Originally Posted by Kongnic11 View Post
    This is a good answer. If the game is only the rotation, then yes, I would argue it's bad. And it's only the worst game to me personally, plenty of people prolly love it. I just try to figure out whether there are more people who think the same as me.
    Many people(myself included) enjoy the game because of the rotations actually and they arent as stale as WoWs has become though

Quote Originally Posted by Kongnic11 View Post
    Probably is, but If I knew it was a about playing an instrument I hadn't signed up.
    1) This thread is one hell of a hot take

2) When considering an MMO, it would be wise to look up game play at end game to see if it's something you'd be interested in. MMOs rarely play the same at end game as they do when you're first starting out.

Quote Originally Posted by Rezark View Post
    Please, even some of the higher level dungeon bosses in FFXIV have more movement and mechanic requirements than some WoW raid bosses lol.
    Dont spread this bs, im a top 40 mythic raider who tryed to raid in FF14 "ultimate" on my friends house drunk and laughed about the telegraphed shit you can doge without any timer and weakauras 0 skill, the boss was "Alexander" i believe? dont remember anyways i fell asleep literally after 4 trys and quit (without dying to shit while playing the game for less than 10 hrs)

OT: FF14 rotation is way way easier than wows if we talk about 95%+ parses amp and proactive wise, you have no proactive plays in 14 you just press the same 20 buttons over and over.
    I.O BFA Season 3

Quote Originally Posted by Feral Druid ist Op View Post
    Dont spread this bs, im a top 40 mythic raider who tryed to raid in FF14 "ultimate" on my friends house drunk and laughed about the telegraphed shit you can doge without any timer and weakauras 0 skill, the boss was "Alexander" i believe? dont remember anyways i fell asleep literally after 4 trys and quit (without dying to shit while playing the game for less than 10 hrs)

OT: FF14 rotation is way way easier than wows if we talk about 95%+ parses amp and proactive wise, you have no proactive plays in 14 you just press the same 20 buttons over and over.
    now thats just a hard out lie lmfao the only way you didnt die in ult is if you were being guided and did exactly 0 dps. LOL

who even comes to a thread to make shit up like this

Quote Originally Posted by letgoit View Post
    Yeah. FF14 is hot garbage. I keep going back, trying to like it, but it's impossible. The quests are boring. The story is bad. There are so man unnecessarily unfriendly design flaws. Why do I have to dismount to talk to somebody? The UI is abysmal. The rotations are so fucking boring and it makes combat clunky as fuck. God, this game sucks.
    You would be in the minority of that opinion. If you personally do not like the game thats fine but none of what you just said was objective, even the OP said the story was good.

- - - Updated - - -

I call bullshit on this. Pretty much the entire post from ultimates to wow having a harder rotation.

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    I'd argue the "suprising" amount is overstated. And that corruptions obviously do most of the rng. Some of it is from essences with lethal strikes procs and so on, almost none of it is from azerite traits. So if you arent a Nyalotha raider you probably wont have felt this.
    Raughs in fire mage.

Quote Originally Posted by The Oblivion View Post
    now thats just a hard out lie lmfao the only way you didnt die in ult is if you were being guided and did exactly 0 dps. LOL

who even comes to a thread to make shit up like this
    i was guided by my friend and i watched a vid of the fight like a normal human should do befor griefing a raid yes, and you u cant compare ff14 with any midtier/late pre nef mythic bosses dont get me started with shit like KJ, Argus, AZ or Nzoth Mythic, and maybe my dps was of cuz i lietrally played the game for like 10 hrs but no need to fanboying, i dont hate FF in fact im a big fan of the RPGs but the mmo is doghsit raiding wise, keep it real
    I.O BFA Season 3

5+ Year Old Account
    WoW doesn't even have rotations at this point lol every class is pretty easy mode, the difficulty comes from planning out CD's well to maximize dmg. But you also have to do that in FF14 to an extent on top of the rotations being unforgiving in the sense that its possible to drop combos/positionals. Which is really only hard because of the inherent lag the game has(which sucks big time btw.)

I think DPS are pretty well-rounded aside from a few outliers.

Healers are def bloated though, need a giant trimming on the role.
    Honorary member of the Baine Fanclub, the only member really.

i was guided by my friend and i watched a vid of the fight like a normal human should do befor griefing a raid yes, and you u cant compare ff14 with any midtier/late pre nef mythic bosses dont get me started with shit like KJ, Argus, AZ or Nzoth Mythic, and maybe my dps was of cuz i lietrally played the game for like 10 hrs but no need to fanboying, i dont hate FF in fact im a big fan of the RPGs but the mmo is doghsit raiding wise, keep it real
    mhm and ive killed all of wows end tier mythic bosses blind folded only using my elbows. alex ult is harder then any current mythic fight less final bosses (nzoth) where i give wow the edge.

most boring game I've ever played, couldn't make it past 32 it was awful the entire way. not to mention how fucking disgustingly weeb it is

Top 40 in mythic? Didnt die in ultimate alexander? Yeaahhh calling all the bs, youre prob top dps in lfr ill give you that.

Quote Originally Posted by threadz View Post
    you're greatly exaggerating ff14 cpm. ninja is the top and is more like 50s. drk is more like 40 and probably not even in the top 5 of apm.
    Oh you're right. My bad. I forgot, we always stand still, never move, and just hit 50 buttons in a row every minute.

APM in games like LoL, SC1 and 2, always count every click you do. Whether its a mouse click or a hotkey to select a unit or move. Not just how many damaged based actions you press during a fight. Considering NIN has positional attacks, it's very common for them to exceed 50 actions, PM. Not just skills used inside of 60 seconds. So while the CASTS, per minute on perfect execution is 50+, that character is undoubtedly doing more than 50 Actions, per minute to get in those 50 casts.

Thank you, have a good day.

Oh you're right. My bad. I forgot, we always stand still, never move, and just hit 50 buttons in a row every minute.

APM in games like LoL, SC1 and 2, always count every click you do. Whether its a mouse click or a hotkey to select a unit or move. Not just how many damaged based actions you press during a fight. Considering NIN has positional attacks, it's very common for them to exceed 50 actions, PM. Not just skills used inside of 60 seconds. So while the CASTS, per minute on perfect execution is 50+, that character is undoubtedly doing more than 50 Actions, per minute to get in those 50 casts.

Thank you, have a good day.
    are.... are you.... are you clicking to move in ffxiv? LMFAO this argument holds no weight.