10+ Year Old Account
    R value is no longer reliable at infection levels this low.

Quote Originally Posted by segara82 View Post
    Old people vote more than young people, and the majority in the last vote was democrats. It's safe to reason that the majority of the older people vote democrat.
    No, it's not safe to reason that way.

The silent generation (-1945) seems to be republican and the millennials (1981-) democrats:
    https://www.people-press.org/2018/03...raphic-groups/

Quote Originally Posted by segara82 View Post
    And we are not talking about the Trump rallies but the mass protests against racism, police brutality ... those do not strike me as the guys and gals that vote republican.
    I was mentioning that the Trump rallies to show that the idea of mass meeting to infect people to help Trump doesn't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by CommunismWillWin View Post
    Good thing its mostly young people protesting.
    Young people have no job.
    You are more likely getting the virus from a 40 hour/week job than protesting on the street for 2 hours.

It is safe to assume that young people vote non-Trump and old people vote for Trump this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Stelio Kontos View Post
    Good to see the right and left in the US are in agreement that the virus isn't an issue anymore, considering all the idiot protesters not wearing masks the last couple of months.

Meanwhile, I'm gonna just lay low, wear a mask when I have to go out, and let all you patriots and revolutionary comrades do your thing, and hopefully natural selection will do its thing.
    We agree on something.
    On all points too.

I almost feel like I should apologise for that.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Looks to me like it's holding steady for now.

Corona is pretty much dead in Germany though. Two more weeks until we see whether reopening schools did anything.
    The U.S. is fucked. Cases spiking everywhere. Middle of the summer and half our governors are saying "it's over!" Everyone just wants it done, and since we're a society that now eschews science, wanting something to be true apparently makes it true, so those number spikes are just fake news - because our Resident is a compete fucking moron.

It is not fun when you get it bad, it is scary shit. I know because I had it bad for 3 weeks and took another 3 to fully recover assuming I don't have lung damage.

come on folks its just spiking because we are doing more testing I mean people are not really getting sick.....

https://news.yahoo.com/texas-sees-hi...000842158.html

oops

The number of people in Texas hospitalized from the coronavirus hit a record high of 2,287 on Sunday, an increase from the previous record of 2,242 cases on Saturday.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    The U.S. is fucked. Cases spiking everywhere. Middle of the summer and half our governors are saying "it's over!" Everyone just wants it done, and since we're a society that now eschews science, wanting something to be true apparently makes it true, so those number spikes are just fake news - because our Resident is a compete fucking moron.
    Can't say about NY or PA, although they seem to have similar issues, but I did say politics would have the final say.
    NJ came out of the blue last week lifting stay-at-home order, and expanding the group policy. The reasoning had everthing to do with Floyd Protesters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Can't say about NY or PA, although they seem to have similar issues, but I did say politics would have the final say.
    NJ came out of the blue last week lifting stay-at-home order, and expanding the group policy. The reasoning had everthing to do with Floyd Protesters.
    My boss had to adjust my schedule last week with the 7PM curfew in Trenton to figure in my commute home. She is understanding. Her boss said "Just don't schedule Poopy. But we won't furlough him again." Um, he's a manager, and people above YOU said we need them all back.

Then on Tuesday last week the curfew became 10PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

Florida daily reported COVID-19 percent positive:

June 3: 3.49%
    June 4: 3.30%
    June 5: 3.17%
    June 6: 2.54%
    June 7: 3.84%
    June 8: 3.70%
    June 9: 5.43%
    June 10: 5.54%
    June 11: 4.94%
    June 12: 6.18%
    June 13: 4.42%
    June 14: 5.38%
    June 15: 7.46%

Fuck Florida

https://www.montgomeryadvertiser.com...st/3203300001/

Montgomery doctors: PLEASE WEAR A MASK, IT IS MILDLY INCONVENIENT AND IT IS IMMENSELY HELPFUL IN SLOWING THE SPREAD OF THE DISEASE SO OUR HOSPITALS WHICH ARE CURRENTLY PACKED AREN'T TOTALLY OVERRUN!

Half the Montgomery city council: Nah bro, muh Constitution.

I miss the spirit of self-sacrifice for your neighbor and country that patriotic Americans had during WWII.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://www.montgomeryadvertiser.com...st/3203300001/

Montgomery doctors: PLEASE WEAR A MASK, IT IS MILDLY INCONVENIENT AND IT IS IMMENSELY HELPFUL IN SLOWING THE SPREAD OF THE DISEASE SO OUR HOSPITALS WHICH ARE CURRENTLY PACKED AREN'T TOTALLY OVERRUN!

Half the Montgomery city council: Nah bro, muh Constitution.

I miss the spirit of self-sacrifice for your neighbor and country that patriotic Americans had during WWII.
    My best friend made a comment recently that really hit home.

He said he'd spent most of his life worried over what everyone around him thought about him. Turns out they were all only worried about themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    My best friend made a comment recently that really hit home.

He said he'd spent most of his life worried over what everyone around him thought about him. Turns out they were all only worried about themselves.
    What a perfect quote. Thanks for putting this so succinctly.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was thinking about Super Spreader Events when I heard this news.

Sturgis City Council decides 80th Rally is on

I've heard of Sturgis described as; the greatest concentration of Confederate Flag wavers north of the Mason Dixon line.

I hope they all get their waivers!
    Government Affiliated Snark

The only good news i've seen since... i dont know how many weeks.

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/06/16/h...-bn/index.html

The widely available steroid drug dexamethasone may be key in helping to treat the sickest Covid-19 patients who require ventilation or oxygen, according to researchers in the United Kingdom.

Their findings are preliminary, still being compiled and have not been published in a peer-reviewed journal -- but some not involved with the study called the results a breakthrough.
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

This is interesting. Scott Gottlieb, the former commissioner of the FDA under Barrack Obama has some good news on the 7 day rolling average of COVID testing progress.

Looks like they are averaging around 500,000 tests per day now with a positivity rate declining or staying at around 5%.

https://twitter.com/ScottGottliebMD/...607815168?s=20

10+ Year Old Account
    Peking in china has outbreak and as usualy CCP is under-repoting the number of casses.

Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    The only good news i've seen since... i dont know how many weeks.

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/06/16/h...-bn/index.html
    Yes, that is actually good news. The previous drug that worked (remdesivir) only reduced hospital stay - not mortality.

However, the reduction in mortality is around a 20%-30% - and it doesn't seem to help cases not requiring oxygen or ventilator.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BoltBlaster View Post
    Unfortunately its not 20-30%. CNN has too high noise/content ratio, filled article with unrelated quotes and opinions. BBC has better article that focuses on facts: https://www.bbc.com/news/health-53061281
    Relevant quote:
    In the trial, led by a team from Oxford University, about 2,000 hospital patients were given dexamethasone and compared with more than 4,000 who were not.

For patients on ventilators, it cut the risk of death from 40% to 28%.

For patients needing oxygen, it cut the risk of death from 25% to 20%.

Chief investigator Prof Peter Horby said: "This is the only drug so far that has been shown to reduce mortality - and it reduces it significantly. It's a major breakthrough."

Lead researcher Prof Martin Landray said the findings suggested one life could be saved for:

• every eight patients on a ventilator
    • every 20-25 treated with oxygen

"There is a clear, clear benefit," he said.

"The treatment is up to 10 days of dexamethasone and it costs about £5 per patient.

"So essentially it costs £35 to save a life.

"This is a drug that is globally available."

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

7+ Year Old Account
    I love how that picture shows every single one of those protestors wearing a mask, except for the one lady in the front who has a mask but is wearing it incorrectly for some reason.