Page 1 of 11
... LastLast

Classic is in a weird spot

There are almost no big streamer , not to say there is none.

Almost no new youtube content.

It gets harder and harder, if not impossible to find groups for quests / dungeons while leveling

Many raid guilds seem to have just vanished or disbanded

People dont seem to talk much in all chat outside of the same ones again and again.

forums seem to be mostly empty/ some outrage over a blue post but not over the game

Is there any hope for classic to get popular again? maybe with naxx ? or is it better to just accept for now that until tbc it will be a little more quite?

Stood in the Fire Zendhal The Black's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    "you think you do....."

It will spike with every new tier and die out shortly after Naxx gets released

wait for TBC

untill it gets the same

There is a lull in Classic. Guilds capable of farming BWL and ZG have both on farm already (and judging by my own, probably farmed most everyone's gear other than a few elusive pieces). Also summer is just starting - this has always been a time when active player count drops. And finally, lockdowns are easing all over.

I'm sure people will be back for AQ. Just maybe not all the people.

Its an old game with nothing new. What did you expect?

Nope. It's only down hill from here until TBC comes out.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Man I miss Classic, retail sucks nobody wants to talk or socialize anymore."

That's what people get when they go around putting on rose-tinted glasses about a 15 year old outdated game.
    "Why of course the people don't want war…. But, after all… it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country."

It's almost as if its 15 year old content that's been done already and the only thing to do is speed farm the dungeons/raids until even that gets boring... What did people really expect from this project? Like others have said, the population will surge for new content and the hype will die down quickly again because it takes less than 1/4 of a day for it to get cleared the first time. It's the same thing retail goes through, just quicker because the content has no depth anymore.

It's been 9 months.
    We stop caring about a new videogame after 3 weeks, but it took 6 months (a couple weeks into BWL) until the hype really died down for a 15yold game.

Classic isnt just an old game...

Its a SOLVED game.
    A lot of the stuff people are figuring out now is simply because the combination of actually knowing what the fuck they are doing, people having an decent pc and internet connection, and over a decade of private server data. Otherwise everyone already knows pretty much knows everything.

This is about the time that every single private server died out. I fully expect it to become much much worse.

Everyone knew that Classic had a very limited life span.

3+ Year Old Account
    If Classic is in a weird spot, how is the retail situation when more people play Classic than retail?

10+ Year Old Account
    The endgame is boosting and solo dungeon farming, tbh. That's where all the challenge is right now.

Quote Originally Posted by roboscorcher View Post
    The endgame is boosting and solo dungeon farming, tbh. That's where all the challenge is right now.
    Classic is Retail

Quote Originally Posted by Zendhal The Black View Post
    "you think you do....."

It will spike with every new tier and die out shortly after Naxx gets released

wait for TBC

untill it gets the same
    So it'll mostly do like every other expansion? Including original vanilla and TBC?

The thing about the game up through WoTLK was that it had a constantly growing player base, not because people weren't getting bored and quitting, but because new people were picking up the game faster than those that were quiting.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love how every reply takes OP's post at face value. None of that is true on the server I play on (Myrzael-US). There are a few guilds that have multiplied BWL clearing raids (mine included).

Thats not to say there's not a downtick in activity - of course there is, but that's natural. I mean, is it harder to find dungeon groups in LFG... yeah, because most people are 60 and don't need anything from max level 5 mans. I can still find a group but in a guild with 50+ on when I play, many of those are in the guild, not pure PUGs.

And, well, it IS an old, solved game. And it IS summer and 9+ months into the release. What did you expect?

10+ Year Old Account
    Lighthalzen, the City-State of Prosperity
    classic only exists for bots and gold generation-> classic tokens

Stood in the Fire Zendhal The Black's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nak88 View Post
    If Classic is in a weird spot, how is the retail situation when more people play Classic than retail?
    If you count bots as people... there might be more bots than people in classic tbh

10+ Year Old Account
    Lighthalzen, the City-State of Prosperity
    There were good private projects that recreated the better classic with perfect vanilla touch.

Quote Originally Posted by Nak88 View Post
    Considering that more people play retail, probaly a better spot. Half the playerbase in Classic is bots eitherway, nice community

Quote Originally Posted by froschhure View Post
    There were good private projects that recreated the better classic with perfect vanilla touch.
    100% true.

Private Projects did a better job in re-creating the vanilla experience by far.