Poll: Would you?

Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Indres View Post
    What if Blizzard sold transmog sets in the shop? Like unlike the store helmets these are entire armor sets. Maybe even weapons and enchants. I'd instantly throw my money at the screen. Listen, I am neither good enough nor do i have the time for mythic raiding, and mythic raiding is always where the cool armor sets are. I get the "How about unlocking them through achivements/acomplishments?" but I like many others have more money than time, and I'd very much enjoy to look badass without having to run ancient raids for months.

Yes/No?

Edit: I didn't mean selling sets already in the game but brand new ones like the one in the shadowlands preorder
    I mean i already quit but if i had not done that i would do it after a move like that

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Eh then I suppose you're right? If being first on the meters is winning to you then more power to you.
    Yep. You don't win at WoW, it doesn't have a finish line, but there are all sorts of things you can win, and quite a lot of them can be...helped with gold.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    I mean i already quit but if i had not done that i would do it after a move like that
    I'll never understand this.

If you like a game or whatever, how can you abandon it over something that quite literally doesn't affect you in any way, shape or form? Maybe it's because you weren't really into the game/product to begin with, so then anything at all can convince you to bail. So why should the company even bother to convince you to stay if you're with one foot out the door anyway?

The Quartering poser does the same shit. "Oh, because Blizzard banned Blitzchung, I will no longer play the game. My level 5 character that I play once every 2 weeks for like 5 minutes, will remain where it is".
    Last edited by The Butt Witch; 2020-06-17 at 03:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Butt Witch View Post
    Yep. You don't win at WoW, it doesn't have a finish line, but there are all sorts of things you can win, and quite a lot of them can be...helped with gold.

- - - Updated - - -

I'll never understand this.

If you like a game or whatever, how can you abandon it over something that quite literally doesn't affect you in any way, shape or form? Maybe it's because you weren't really into the game/product to begin with, so then anything at all can convince you to bail. So why should the company even bother to convince you to stay if you're with one foot out the door anyway?

That The Quartering poser does the same shit. "Oh, because Blizzard banned Blitzchung, I will no longer play the game. My level 5 character that I play once every 2 weeks for like 5 minutes, will remain where it is".
    I, for one, quite last week because the expansion got stale and all the grinding returened with the stupid corruption vendor. Burnout. And i will return in SL as always.

BUT: If they would put trnagsmogs into the shop i would not return. Gathering and beating stuff and looking good because of it is part of the fun in this game for me. Part of this is propably the "look at me i did more than you" feeling. And i get that quite often myself. I like playing mythic+ and raiding just cause. But getting gear from it which you don't get anywhere else is sugar on top.

The moment the yintroduce gear into the shop it will be SO MUCH BETTER looking than anything ingame it will always leave a sour taste in my mouth when i see someone wearing it. They will have to because why would you by them otherwise? This will destroy a huge part of the game for me. Which is how my character looks. For me and others and i would not even bother coming back.

Trash games with trash shops will always be exactly that. Trash. The moment the expand even more on their ingame shop it will be a spiral into microtransaction galore. Right now they keep it moderate but even the fuc*** mounts are annoying as fu**. Why can i not earn them in the game i payed hundreds of dollars for over its lifetime.

And i have NO sympathy or understanding for people who delibaretly ask for microtransactions or want to skip gameplay to get gear other poeple work months for.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    What on earth is an 'appearance log book'?
    ya know what you use at the transmog place to modify the look of your geat. You really are just being willfully obtuse at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    I, for one, quite last week because the expansion got stale and all the grinding returened with the stupid corruption vendor. Burnout. And i will return in SL as always.

BUT: If they would put trnagsmogs into the shop i would not return. Gathering and beating stuff and looking good because of it is part of the fun in this game for me. Part of this is propably the "look at me i did more than you" feeling. And i get that quite often myself. I like playing mythic+ and raiding just cause. But getting gear from it which you don't get anywhere else is sugar on top.

The moment the yintroduce gear into the shop it will be SO MUCH BETTER looking than anything ingame it will always leave a sour taste in my mouth when i see someone wearing it. They will have to because why would you by them otherwise? This will destroy a huge part of the game for me. Which is how my character looks. For me and others and i would not even bother coming back.

Trash games with trash shops will always be exactly that. Trash. The moment the expand even more on their ingame shop it will be a spiral into microtransaction galore. Right now they keep it moderate but even the fuc*** mounts are annoying as fu**. Why can i not earn them in the game i payed hundreds of dollars for over its lifetime.

And i have NO sympathy or understanding for people who delibaretly ask for microtransactions or want to skip gameplay to get gear other poeple work months for.
    Dude, you're already playing the game despite it having mounts sold in the cash shop as well sold as bonuses from Blizzcon tickets and pre-ordering expansions.
    If mounts bought for real money don't bother you, then why would transmog sets? Note that I said TRANSMOG SETS, not actual gear with stats, that would be pretty bad.

Although you can already buy gear with real money by using tokens as an intermediary. So if Blizzard got rid of the middle man and just put gear with stats available in the cash shop, it really wouldn't be much of a difference.
    Last edited by The Butt Witch; 2020-06-17 at 03:29 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    No it isn't. Gold does not = gear. Carries don't equal a win either. You don't win at WoW.
    you dont know what the auction house is then do you?

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

Meh, why not. I'm not talking about new gear/cash shop only mogs either. I would also exclude Mythic only variants and all Gladiator/PvP from this. Also excluded of course would be any current expansion gear at all. The idea here is instead of creating 'appearance' tokens, devs could just use current items and you want to avoid the ability to buy any sort of meaningful gear.

My thought is instead of running old raids/dungeons over and over, you can buy 1 "set" (whatever that may be) for $x.xx. Some will spend money instead of time and move on with their day and others will laugh at the very thought (me).

No pay to play, no resources being diverted into creating something new, and really no one gets left out. It's just another opportunity for people to optimize their play time.

All this is to say I'd be shocked if it happens and I'm kind of mad that I even read a lot of this thread, let alone responded.
    Last edited by SirReal; 2020-06-17 at 03:42 PM.
    ~steppin large and laughin easy~

Quote Originally Posted by Lora View Post
    you dont know what the auction house is then do you?
    That isn't winning either. You cannot beat the game of WoW because their is nothing to beat.

Dude, you're already playing the game despite it having mounts sold in the cash shop as well sold as bonuses from Blizzcon tickets and pre-ordering expansions.
    If mounts bought for real money don't bother you, then why would transmog sets? Note that I said TRANSMOG SETS, not actual gear with stats, that would be pretty bad.

Although you can already buy gear with real money by using tokens as an intermediary. So if Blizzard got rid of the middle man and just put gear with stats available in the cash shop, it really wouldn't be much of a difference.
    Never really cared about mounts either way. Half the time you don't see them anyway.

Yes if you say 100 € for a helmet. Then you would be comparable. Buying runs and buying on a cash shop are different. I do not know one person who goes on sell runs *shrug* i know they exist. But i would not see it either way. And to get a full.. lets say mythic set you will need millions of gold.
    I don't say i like it like it is. But you have to draw the line somewhere and for me it is adding transmogs to a cash shop. If people want transmogs without lifting a finger ingame go to FF14 or Swotor. But leave the last game without it alone... heavens... people should lobby to REMOVE the shop not to add more.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Of course you do.

You win at PVE by being among the first on the DPS/HPS meter. Depending on the role, the race is the meter, and the raid mechanics are just enviromental hazards to overcome.
    Spending gold on gear gives you an advantage during the race.

You win at PVP by destroying the opponent in either 1v1 or in a group.
    Spending gold on gear gives you an advantage in the fight.
    I don't think there's much refuting the argument that having a lot of gold is a competitive advantage in this game. But by the same token gold doesn't guarantee a win either. There is a lot more to winning than just having gold.

That being said, it's actually entirely a moot point because the question was never about whether having gold was "winning", but whether spending money was "winning". While it is possible to buy gold with money, there is zero requirement to do so. Nor does buying gold guarantee that you'll have any kind of advantage over people who are good at making gold in game. A big part of the reason for this has to do with the way the token system works by trading gold between players - which means that only a small fraction of the total gold in the economy will ever be traded via tokens. Worse yet (if you're trying to win by buying gold) is that the more people that try to do this, the less effective it becomes - because it ends up flooding the market with tokens, pushing the price down. So buying gold can never become preferred method of obtaining gold.

And if you look at what actually happens in the game, it's pretty obvious that the "winners" are not doing so by paying $$ for gold. In fact it's completely the opposite in that the "winners" are the people selling their gold in order to get free game time and other goodies off the shop.

The amount of gold that both Method and Limit have been spending on their world first campaigns is pretty staggering - running into the 100s of millions of gold. IIRC I I read somewhere that it cost them the equivalent of $40K of gold. Except that they didn't spend $$. They got the gold by earning it ingame. Now, if the best guilds in the world aren't spending money to get the gold that is needed to win, then really, there is no case to be made that money is necessary to win.

Simply put, being good at making gold in-game is far more effective than buying gold for tokens. Therefore tokens are not p2w. The end.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    That isn't winning either. You cannot beat the game of WoW because their is nothing to beat.
    P2w doesn't really mean to "win" the game. It means to use real world money to get a in game advantage.

Its only a matter of time imo. The RaF set and the other couple are test runs.

And yes, if they made a Varian Wrynn set, I’d buy it in a heartbeat.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    Then we, as a community, should ask of Blizzard to create more content ingame where we can obtain new and unique looking Tmog sets/weps. It doesnt need to be a 5 month grind or a RNG based system(praying for a low chance drop).

It should be ingame activites that can be both fun and rewarding. It should be tied into game systems that is already there and build upon them.

Asking Blizzard for new, cool Tmog sets to be put on the shop is the lazy way. They should create quality content with quality rewards all over the game.

And if you start thinking about ideas for this, it really is endless. There so much potential there, and it doesnt need to be either really difficult or taking forever to complete.
    And you believe that removing a significant chunk of their revenue is going to help towards this objective?

Honestly, I cannot understand why people around here cannot connect the dots and recognise that there is no rational scenario in which the shop leads to less in-game content, and, in all probability is probably responsible for a sizeable chunk of the content we currently enjoy.

I suspect it's because people are so fixated on hating the shop that they're not thinking this through....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rendark View Post
    P2w doesn't really mean to "win" the game.
    Agreed

It means to use real world money to get a in game advantage.
    Disagree. It means to use real world money to get an in-game advantage that would be either unreasonably difficult/time consuming (or even impossible) to obtain in-game. The implication of which is that you need to choose between spending real money or suffer a significant disadvantage against players who are spending money.

The subtle difference here is that advantages that can be easily obtained in-game don't qualify as p2w. And that is why tokens, by virtue of offering a commodity easily obtained in game, aren't p2w

P2w doesn't really mean to "win" the game. It means to use real world money to get a in game advantage.
    You can't change the definition of p2w to suit your agenda. It has always meant "Pay to win". You do not win in WoW and you don't gain any advantages either.

judging by how the company operates we will never see transmog sets on the shop.............dyes on the other hand........ :v

Quote Originally Posted by Zigrifid View Post
    judging by how the company operates we will never see transmog sets on the shop.............dyes on the other hand........ :v
    I would literally NEVER buy a dye.

As long as there is different sets ingame and in the shop, I'm ok. Then we can see who shells out.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

The Patient
    5+ Year Old Account
    I would buy transmog from the Shop. In fact a lot of us already have purchased a set. Vestaments of the Eternal Traveler are a purchased set. You can't get the set without having pre purchased a version of Shadowlands expansion. Whether it was coupled with a mount, an advance DK race offering, we did buy the transmog set. Some will reply that they pre purchased for XXX and not the transmog set...... but you still bought a set from the Shop. So, keep it up Blizzard. Use some original artwork and keep them coming!

Quote Originally Posted by Metrox View Post
    I would buy transmog from the Shop. In fact a lot of us already have purchased a set. Vestaments of the Eternal Traveler are a purchased set. You can't get the set without having pre purchased a version of Shadowlands expansion. Whether it was coupled with a mount, an advance DK race offering, we did buy the transmog set. Some will reply that they pre purchased for XXX and not the transmog set...... but you still bought a set from the Shop. So, keep it up Blizzard. Use some original artwork and keep them coming!
    That's not true, the $40 base edition comes with the new DK races with no transmog set.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

I'm kinda of the same mind of some others here that as long as the transmog sets aren't similar or "better" versions of sets that already exist in the game, I think it'd be fine.

People say they'd approve if they put stuff like older sets but recolored on the shop, but that seems like more of a slap in the face to me than anything else. All in all, I still wouldn't be opposed to if they let us buy transmogs. But it would be kind of upsetting if instead of putting unique appearances up for sale, they actually just put better/different versions of what we can already acquire in-game up for sale.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    That's not true, the $40 base edition comes with the new DK races with no transmog set.
    As far as I'm aware, all you need to do to be able to do the mog quest is to have SL pre-ordered, and then you can just accept the quest from someone else's Everwyrm. I believe Blizzard has even gone on the record and said that was intentional, and not a bug.