10+ Year Old Account
    Kinda like the Static Strike changes.

Tempted to run a charge stacking Static Strike Jugg.

Either that, or, due to how many other games I have to play right now, just sit this league out...
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

So...apparently GGG removed a large chunk of the "reduced damage taken/additional physical reduction" nodes from the passive tree?

Not quite sure how that works with the whole "Play a big 2H build with minimal defensive tools, it'll be great!" theme of this league...

This feels like the "bow league" we had recently where Bows didn't even end up being good.
    I normally play what they are focusing the league on but I feel bad about this one.

Considering some form of Miner but worried about survivability, Might do some Glad max block build.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

I keep thinking about what to play and my mind goes, "Well...gladiator would be good..." but I've made too many.

With the Chieftan ascendancy tweaks I'm considering figuring out a build that'll work for that, never actually played one. I'll let the theorycrafters have at it and if there are some rad 2H slam-based builds then I'll give them a spin.

This is just a really weird patch IMO.

On the one hand, it seems like they want enemies doing a lot more damage to players. On the other, the way warcries look like they're working now it looks like they're trying to slow down "combat" around a 2-3 shout build to support attacks. I'm probably missing tons of things, but as I was looking at the patch notes my first thought was "Hey, they're testing our stacking skills/buffs to see how it'll work for slower PoE 2 combat. Maybe my theory is right!" to "Oh...oh no...nevermind, melting shall continue and high enemy damage that's likely to one-shot shall remain."

Now to just hope that theorycrafters come up with some fun stuff so I can copy their homework : D

On the bright side, I've now got a legacy Starforge, so that's nice!

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I keep thinking about what to play and my mind goes, "Well...gladiator would be good..." but I've made too many.

With the Chieftan ascendancy tweaks I'm considering figuring out a build that'll work for that, never actually played one. I'll let the theorycrafters have at it and if there are some rad 2H slam-based builds then I'll give them a spin.

This is just a really weird patch IMO.

On the one hand, it seems like they want enemies doing a lot more damage to players. On the other, the way warcries look like they're working now it looks like they're trying to slow down "combat" around a 2-3 shout build to support attacks. I'm probably missing tons of things, but as I was looking at the patch notes my first thought was "Hey, they're testing our stacking skills/buffs to see how it'll work for slower PoE 2 combat. Maybe my theory is right!" to "Oh...oh no...nevermind, melting shall continue and high enemy damage that's likely to one-shot shall remain."

Now to just hope that theorycrafters come up with some fun stuff so I can copy their homework : D

On the bright side, I've now got a legacy Starforge, so that's nice!
    I'm going Tectonic Slam with my chieftain as a start. Between the mirror slam and endurance charges should offer some happy fun slam times.

gonna do a gem swap vd/dd spellslinger necro to start

Or chaos spellslinger occultist

or cold dot occultist

Tree is damn near the same for the 2 occultists

10+ Year Old Account
    Players: The game is way too bursty, the last couple of leagues are RIP central.
    GGG: We totally hear you, and understand!
    Also GGG *removes huge amounts of damage reduction from the passive tree*: SSUUCCKKAAAAZZZZZZZ!

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Players: The game is way too bursty, the last couple of leagues are RIP central.
    GGG: We totally hear you, and understand!
    Also GGG *removes huge amounts of damage reduction from the passive tree*: SSUUCCKKAAAAZZZZZZZ!
    I mean, it sorta needs to happen, but combining that with the work to 2H's is...odd, because it leaves those builds with fewer defensive options.

Been hearing from my brother that apparently after the 2H rework that the new 2H's are worse than the used to be which...doesn't make much sense.

I mean, it sorta needs to happen, but combining that with the work to 2H's is...odd, because it leaves those builds with fewer defensive options.

Been hearing from my brother that apparently after the 2H rework that the new 2H's are worse than the used to be which...doesn't make much sense.
    I think it'll really depend on how reliably you can stun your targets. Half of my survivability while I was playing Cons Path was based in stunning every white mob in a pack I slammed into. Higher base numbers on the weapons and passives will help deal more damage, and Fist of War will spike your damage when you enter a pack.
    Last edited by LilSaihah; 2020-06-17 at 11:41 PM.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    I think it'll really depend on how reliably you can stun your targets. Half of my survivability while I was playing Cons Path was based in stunning every white mob in a pack I slammed into. Higher base numbers on the weapons and passives will help deal more damage, and Fist of War will spike your damage when you enter a pack.
    I guess but like... the stun is .2 seconds and has a 2/4 second immune phase afterwards. Honestly, I'm not sure how much value that will actually be.
    Last edited by Edge-; 2020-06-17 at 11:44 PM.

Can I download the game now for the Harvest League?

Will there be a patch today or tomorrow?

Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post

League patch will be live tomorrow, but expect servers to shit themselves for a while after it goes live.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post

Patching will start tomorrow, a few hours before the new league starts. I think they release the patch as a torrent as well a day earlier for those who want that.

- - - Updated - - -

Get Your Dragon God Hat When You Kill Act 10 Kitava

It's been one year since our Korean community joined us. To celebrate this anniversary, we've created the exclusive Dragon God Hat which all players can get when they slay Kitava in Act 10! You'll only be able to get it during the Harvest league, so make sure you join the festivities and get yours!

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2874123

10+ Year Old Account
    Dangit... Was planning to skip this league, but now I at least near to clear Act 10

10+ Year Old Account
    Dynamic Particle Culling

One of the engine improvements we've been working on is Dynamic Particle Culling, where we cull unnecessary instances of particles when there's a lot going on on-screen. The system aims to stay within the specified target frame rate, working in conjunction with Dynamic Resolution. We are experimentally enabling this on a few skills at the launch of Harvest, and will widen the coverage over time so that eventually this feature is enabled on everything appropriate for it. As you can see in this video, it makes a ridiculous difference for builds that spam skills fast.

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile...ticle_culling/

10+ Year Old Account
    I will be league starting as toxic rain/caustic arrow and maybe moving to brands or slams if they look fun. I just really hope this doesn't turn into another minion league

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2874544

christ you are gonna need a PhD to play Path of Exile at this rate
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post
    https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2874544

christ you are gonna need a PhD to play Path of Exile at this rate
    "Tier 3
    Vivid Abberarach Bulb
    Allows you to upgrade an Offering to the Goddess when Harvested

Change an Offering to the Goddess into a Tribute to the Goddess
    Change an Offering to the Goddess into a Gift to the Goddess
    Change an Offering to the Goddess into a Dedication to the Goddess"

I'm today years old and what is this?

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    "Tier 3
    Vivid Abberarach Bulb
    Allows you to upgrade an Offering to the Goddess when Harvested

Change an Offering to the Goddess into a Tribute to the Goddess
    Change an Offering to the Goddess into a Gift to the Goddess
    Change an Offering to the Goddess into a Dedication to the Goddess"

I'm today years old and what is this?
    Uh...what? I think those are new lab items? I don't see any mention of them in the patch notes so...haven't the foggiest clue. Offering is just the item that lets you enter uber lab.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uh...what? I think those are new lab items? I don't see any mention of them in the patch notes so...haven't the foggiest clue. Offering is just the item that lets you enter uber lab.
    That's what I am saying, are there like higher labs than uber lab now and they just didn't feel like mentioning it?