Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by apelsinjuice View Post
    most of the bots I know of are made by like 2-3 people and usually the hardest part is making the lua unlocker which is what some of them do provide, after that you can make your own bot very easily with stuff like typescript, and I know people in retail who used rotation bots doing 95%+ parses for over 2 years now never getting banned
    Restricting bots will be pretty easy with heavy lua restrictions, but it will cause most addons stop working.
    So if blizz wants to leave wide addon support, they have pretty few ways to detect\restrict bots.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good riddance.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

a multi billion dollar company like blizzard should be able to develop anti cheat software that is near impossible or very hard to bypass. banning in waves will never make the problem go away as the bots still make huge profits before getting their accounts banned.
    Nobody claimed it would. You're asking for something impossible.
    Last edited by XDurionX; 2020-06-18 at 10:33 AM.

The botters will buy new accounts and recover their banks. It's just a cycle of gain for Blizzard. Ez cash.

Quote Originally Posted by Fetus Rex View Post
    The botters will buy new accounts and recover their banks. It's just a cycle of gain for Blizzard. Ez cash.
    Yup, that's how It's been for years. Neither side is really losing anything from the bans.

Funny that this happened when in Asmongolds latest stream he was exposing these botters for hours and encouraged everyone to report them. I doubt that the botting problem will ever truly be resolved.

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    Funny that this happened when in Asmongolds latest stream he was exposing these botters for hours and encouraged everyone to report them. I doubt that the botting problem will ever truly be resolved.
    blizzard only care because it have been huge public pressure latest months specially with classic botting running rampart people fly hacking afk bot farming and blizzard not doing anything for months and now suddenly after 20k upvote reddit threads they decide to ban them

I've used the same fishbot since TBC, never any issues. No fucks given, fishing is too boring.

Come at me bruvs

I can't even report bots in the game.
    Went to farm xmog in WoD dungeons a couple of weeks ago. Level 101(? 111?) druids were coming in and out every second from... gosh was it iron docks or everbloom. Tried to report them, when I wanted to hit "okay" or whatever, nothing happened, the report box wouldn't register.

Let's wait a few days for the "Blizzard banned me for doing nothing wrong"-threads to creep up.

10+ Year Old Account
    a multi billion dollar company like blizzard should be able to develop anti cheat software that is near impossible or very hard to bypass. banning in waves will never make the problem go away as the bots still make huge profits before getting their accounts banned.
    Would have been faster to just type 'I have no idea what I am talking about'.

- - - Updated - - -

blizzard only care because it have been huge public pressure latest months specially with classic botting running rampart people fly hacking afk bot farming and blizzard not doing anything for months and now suddenly after 20k upvote reddit threads they decide to ban them
    Oh look, another 'gem' from this guy. "HUR HUR BLIZZ BAN CUZ REDDIT"

Just... stop talking.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Would have been faster to just type 'I have no idea what I am talking about'.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh look, another 'gem' from this guy. "HUR HUR BLIZZ BAN CUZ REDDIT"

Just... stop talking.
    lol all the blizzard apoglisits trying to claim its impossible to ban botters and blizzard is the best in the world

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Not sure why this is a surprise to you? It is literally impossible that they could ever fully eliminate botters/botting programs, much as it isn't possible for antivirus programs to fully eliminate viruses. There's always going to be people working around the clock to undo whatever protections are in place, like that is their sole drive, where as Blizz has to manage thousands of other moving parts.
    Good to see at least one with Common Sense around here.

- - - Updated - - -

lol all the blizzard apoglisits trying to claim its impossible to ban botters and blizzard is the best in the world
    If there is a way to Permanently and without fail ban all the Bots, why dont you share it with us clearly uninformed and ignorant people?

Edit: And when your answer is: "They have Money", why dont you take that money and cure all the diseases and bring world peace while you are at it.

Quote Originally Posted by LanToaster View Post
    yes blizzard doing the abosolute bare minimum is being praised on mmochampion as something good, it only took them 6 months to ban 72k accounts are already back up running again after 10 minutes

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LanToaster View Post

- - - Updated - - -

If there is a way to Permanently and without fail ban all the Bots, why dont you share it with us clearly uninformed and ignorant people?
    i just gave you example of 5 different games or anti cheat providers that are doing 100 times more work and effort to stop cheaters but blizzard larpers on mmochampion are to thick headed understanding that,

i am not saying there is a way to Permanently stop them i am saying blizzard could do so much more but people are praising blizzard like crazy for banning 72k after 6 months of 24/7 botting

i just gave you example of 5 different games or anti cheat providers that are doing 100 times more work and effort to stop cheaters but blizzard larpers on mmochampion are to thick headed understanding that,

i am not saying there is a way to Permanently stop them i am saying blizzard could do so much more but people are praising blizzard like crazy for banning 72k after 6 months of 24/7 botting
    I pointed out they do the exact same thing as blizzard... have bought for or own systems that gather evidence and then do ban waves... it's standard practice to do ban waves.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Well, lets see:

Private companys that run CSGO servers (ESEA and Faceit) both have server side and client side anticheats that are very hard to bypass and require private developed cheats that cost a lot of money.
    So, they are Bypassed by Cheating Softwares. Moot Point, just because they cost a lot of Money, shows that the people who cheat in CSGO are willing to put alot of money down.

Also: Supply and Demand, I would wager there is a smaller demand for CSGO Cheats than WoW Bots.

Valve is trying to develop their own VacNET some sort of Machine learning / AI combo server side to determine if a player is cheating.
    Trying you say. So it doesnt work (Yet) and nobody knows if it will ever yield good enough Results, or if people will find countless ways to bypass it.
    Who are you to say Blizzard doesnt Improve their anti cheat?

The Difference here is: Valve doesnt need that Yesterday, they could care less about Cheating as they dont operate a Game. Blizzard cant take years to create a system. They need to Iterate, and thats what they do. Try to Cheat with a tool made for an Old Addon and see where that gets you.

Riot with Valorant have their own Vanguard that is both a client side and server side anticheat, which you can cheat in but its still very hard to bypass.
    Same as above. You can Bypass it, there are Cheats, the only difference is the number of People using it. There is probably next to no Gain for Cheating in those games.

We also have stuff like battle-eye that removed 90% of the cheaters in games like rainbow six siege and killed 99% of the botting in an old school game called Tibia that was previously filled with botters like the plauge.
    Yea, like it is a wonder that you can Kill like 99% of Bots if you implement a AntiCheat in a game that (probably) never had one before.

--

Yea, no. I had the hopes you would´ve at least mentioned any kind of at least semi relevant game that is at least similar to WoW, (not to mention the same Genre).

So, all these Examples have in my Opinion next to no Value.

Yet you have no Idea how much Effort Blizzard actually Puts into AntiCheat Measures, nor how much Effort it actually takes to make a Bot that is not Immediatly be Banned on Login with a Cheat.

Next you have no Idea how much Bots there actually are in perspective to the ones that are banned.

As for BannWaves, They dont ban Immediatly or as often as you would Like, because its like a Virus, if you Ban people using a Specific Cheat, the author of the Cheat will imediatly go to work and fix their Shit.

(If i´m wrong, you are free to Correct me with sources though)

Quote Originally Posted by Hellobolis View Post
    it's been just as impossible for the last 15 years. yet now it's suddenly worth mentioning this explicitly?
    It has to keep bewing mentioned as long as players call BS on Blizzard's statements.

Suddenly the amount of active accounts drop by 75%.

10+ Year Old Account
    Private companys that run CSGO servers (ESEA and Faceit) both have server side and client side anticheats that are very hard to bypass and require private developed cheats that cost a lot of money.

Valve is trying to develop their own VacNET some sort of Machine learning / AI combo server side to determine if a player is cheating.

Riot with Valorant have their own Vanguard that is both a client side and server side anticheat, which you can cheat in but its still very hard to bypass.

We also have stuff like battle-eye that removed 90% of the cheaters in games like rainbow six siege and killed 99% of the botting in an old school game called Tibia that was previously filled with botters like the plauge.

All I'm saying is Blizzard could do a lot more if they really wanted, in wow you can use any public 5 dollar/month bot that is made by 2-3 random developers and not get banned for months.
    Out of your examples only Tibia is an MMO, botting in FPS games is not as profitable, as making cheats.

Tibia on the other hand is simply not worth of an investment, it has, like, 20k players concurrent? Who would bother with trying to make a profit off selling bots there? It just doesn't attract much attention while also running a decent bot detection system to stop script kiddies from ruining the game.

The only way to stop botting completely in it's track is to implement a client-side solution that would track users machine at all times, which won't happen for obvious reasons. Ever. ('MEMBER SECUROM GUYS?)

Best alternative to client-side measures is behaviour based bot detection, which is (probably) what they are using, which would be a reason why they ban in massive waves.
    Last edited by Charge me Doctor; 2020-06-18 at 02:38 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.