Can someone spoil me the ending of this game?
    I want to know how the revenge story ends.

Does it teaches you the lesson, "revenge is a double edged sword"?

I give zero F's about the drama surrounding this game.
    But i would love to hear a good revenge story.

And by "good revenge story"...i dont mean the main character getting his/her revenge and happy ending.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by -aiko- View Post
    You're really embarrassing yourself here my guy.

Nearly 100 critic reviews and they're literally all just paid shills? Try critically thinking. I hate that I have to defend a game that I am in no rush to play, if I play it at all, but Jesus Christ. Knee-jerk user scores from people who have not played the game are less important than even paid shills, in my book.

I'm glad that you knee-jerk reactionaries have 'won' the user score battle, but I hate to break it to you: this game is a critical and commercial success.
    Wish I could upvote this.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    So he's a liar who can't be trusted, that dastardly fiend!

It's always amusing when you project opinions on the behalf of others only to find out that they don't share your opinions.
    No, it's a way to virtually shake hands with a colleague in the industry. You don't have to mean it, it's decorum.

Full scores from critics are weird. Really... a game should only get those kinds of scores, if its absolutely perfect and basically everyone agrees. Very very very very few games are like that. To see such scores immediatly on a game that might or might not have something shady about it probably doesnt really deserve that score. It would have to be perfect in all possible ways.

As for kneejerk reaction scores that people always dismis. Doesnt the score get counted as average? The 0-10(?) scale might as well be 0 or 1. Dislike or Like. That large amount of people just come to score 0 for it, you can think of it simply as "dislike" the actual number doesnt mean much at all. if 70% vote 0 and 30% 10, score should be at 3. Also, lets face is, people come complain and "dislike" things more often than stuff they do like. The number would likely raise a bit. Still... you would have to ingore most of the negative scores to get from ~3 to anywhere close to perfect.

Something doesnt add up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Butt Witch View Post
    Maybe on paper, but Neil Druckman will NEVER be honored for making a great and emotional game like Cory Barlog was for making God of War 2018.

So at best, Druckman can fool himself with numbers, but he's not worthy of even shaking Cory Barlog's hand.
    Somehow, I doubt he cares...or anyone else at Naughty Dog. Or anyone of any worth, really.

I mean, what is the 'gaming community' trying to accomplish here? The game is still a massive success. All the review bombing is doing is drowning out the real user reviews. People with actual concerns who leave actual reviews with actual scores that they want the developers to actually take into consideration are having their voices drowned out by these "DURRR IT'S M'AAM 0/10" people. Way to go, I guess? Great job!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Can someone spoil me the ending of this game?
    I want to know how the revenge story ends.

Does it teaches you the lesson, "revenge is a double edged sword"?

I give zero F's about the drama surrounding this game.
    But i would love to hear a good revenge story.

And by "good revenge story"...i dont mean the main character getting his/her revenge and happy ending.
    From the wikipedia summary of the plot:

Back in the present, Abby shoots Tommy and brawls Ellie and Dina, overpowering them, though she spares them upon learning the latter is pregnant and warns them to leave Seattle. Several months later, Ellie and Dina are living on their own farm, taking care of the latter's child, though Ellie still suffers posttraumatic stress disorder from Joel's death. When Tommy arrives with information on Abby's whereabouts in Santa Barbara, Ellie, unable to leave her past behind, leaves to confront her. Meanwhile, Abby and Lev arrive in Santa Barbara searching for the Fireflies and manage to contact them. The pair are instructed to head to Catalina Island, before being captured by the Rattlers, a gang of bandits. When Ellie arrives, she kills the Rattlers and rescues the pair, before fighting Abby, but can't bring herself to kill her, so she allows her and Lev to leave. Returning to the farm, Ellie finds it empty, as Dina left with her baby. Recalling a recent memory where she promised to try to forgive Joel, Ellie leaves Joel's guitar at the farmhouse and heads off to an uncertain future.

So basically Ellie's obsession with avenging Joel costs her everything, even though she made the decision to let go of her rage in the end.
    Last edited by Mirishka; 2020-06-19 at 08:32 PM.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post

Back in the present, Abby shoots Tommy and brawls Ellie and Dina, overpowering them, though she spares them upon learning the latter is pregnant and warns them to leave Seattle. Several months later, Ellie and Dina are living on their own farm, taking care of the latter's child, though Ellie still suffers posttraumatic stress disorder from Joel's death. When Tommy arrives with information on Abby's whereabouts in Santa Barbara, Ellie, unable to leave her past behind, leaves to confront her. Meanwhile, Abby and Lev arrive in Santa Barbara searching for the Fireflies and manage to contact them. The pair are instructed to head to Catalina Island, before being captured by the Rattlers, a gang of bandits. When Ellie arrives, she kills the Rattlers and rescues the pair, before fighting Abby, but can't bring herself to kill her, so she allows her and Lev to leave. Returning to the farm, Ellie finds it empty, as Dina left with her baby. Recalling a recent memory where she promised to try to forgive Joel, Ellie leaves Joel's guitar at the farmhouse and heads off to an uncertain future.

So basically Ellie's obsession with avenging Joel costs her everything, even though she made the decision to let go of her rage in the end.
    Ohhhhh snap.
    Thats good.

This is good stuff
    I love it.

A good revenge story Dramatic, just as i wanted...

For all the flak this game is getting, it seems good, atleast I enjoyed the 10 hours I've played so far.

on marketing complaints. are people forgetting original trailer for the first game? you know the one that they specifically filmed FOR the trailer? that was never in a game, ever? and then there were later installments into uncharted franchise. which at best had changes to trailers from actual in game cinematics and more often - were made specifically AS trailers? making a separate mocap specifically for the trailers to give the idea of the game, but not actual in game cinematics - is kind of a ND thing at this point.

edited to add - UPS truck is here. I don't know why i expected the box to be smaller. well.. off to play! cheerio.

Quote Originally Posted by -aiko- View Post
    You're really embarrassing yourself here my guy.

Nearly 100 critic reviews and they're literally all just paid shills? Try critically thinking. I hate that I have to defend a game that I am in no rush to play, if I play it at all, but Jesus Christ. Knee-jerk user scores from people who have not played the game are less important than even paid shills, in my book.

I'm glad that you knee-jerk reactionaries have 'won' the user score battle, but I hate to break it to you: this game is a critical and commercial success.
    94 critic reviews on metacritic. 51 of them are 100%s and 22 are 99%-95%s. A vast majority of the reviews are shills that not even the original lou2 got scores like that. A 10/10 game should be something you are VERY careful with when giving a score like that because then you devalue your scoring system. I refuse to believe this game(or any other game) is perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by Malix Farwin View Post
    94 critic reviews on metacritic. 51 of them are 100%s and 22 are 99%-95%s. A vast majority of the reviews are shills that not even the original lou2 got scores like that. A 10/10 game should be something you are VERY careful with when giving a score like that because then you devalue your scoring system. I refuse to believe this game(or any other game) is perfect.
    So how many other 10/10 scores have each of the outlets that gave TLOU2 a 10/10 given? Because that's the comparison you're asking for, whether a specific outlet has, themselves, devalued that score.

That a bunch of different outlets each independently gave it that score does absolutely nothing to alter its real or perceived value.

10/10 scores usually don't mean that a game is perfect since there'll never be a perfect game. That being said, I still don't think all the 10/10 scores are reasonable but that's just my opinion on the matter. Ultimately, the game really suffers from ludonarrative dissonance while having very little redeeming qualities beyond looking pretty. But it's a good thing that AAA devs are willing to take risks with narrative driven games like they did with TLOU2. I just don't think it paid off this time (though financially it most likely will).

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post

You do realize that you wiki plot summary literally leaves out 1 of 2 major plot points people hate
    about this game right, since icba to look up how to do spoiler tagging. Just google Joel+golf club+Abby.
    Maybe next time don't be misleading in your posts.
    Last edited by Antipathy1018; 2020-06-19 at 09:03 PM. Reason: Spelling

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dontrelleroosevelt View Post
    Whom are you quoting about "fanfic"?
    Saying that a game left you with only your imagination to go off of means your making up fanfic to fill in the gaps. If that’s your thing go for it though.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Saying that a game left you with only your imagination to go off of means your making up fanfic to fill in the gaps. If that’s your thing go for it though.
    Welp...the highest point of my day was both the summaries people sent me about the revenge story of this game...
    Is soooo good.
    Is actually perfect...

This hits all my weakpoints...(T_T) is beautiful
    entirely personal though, not a fact, as it is all artform

10+ Year Old Account
    I do think overzealous 100 scores is a problem, but here's the problem with this...problem. :P It's not a Last of Us Part II problem. The exact same scenario that you are describing also happened with Breath of the Wild and many other games in the top lists on metacritic. I do think a lot of games in general have their scores inflated, but it's again not strictly a Last of Us Part II problem. So let's say we get each of those publications to adjust their 100's to 95's, 96's, 92's, whatever. The Last of Us Part II score would still be phenomenal and, if the same thing were applied to every other game on the top lists, it would still hold the same spot it holds now...

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Well it seems that contrary to this morning Amazon has wiped or erased/deleted all reviews from every version of the game from offical retailers now, how kind of them to do Sony/ND this favor, and who here still thinks big tech don't help each other out when asked?

When I looked about 6 or so hours ago from the reviews on Amazons the user reviews were at about 1.9 with 90% being verified purchases. Now it has all been memory holed.
    Last edited by Antipathy1018; 2020-06-19 at 09:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Antipathy1018 View Post
    Well it seems that contrary to this morning Amazon has wiped or erased/deleted all reviews from every version of the game from offical retailers now, how kind of them to do Sony/ND this favor, and who here still thinks big tech don't help each other out when asked?

When I looked about 6 or so hours ago from the reviews on Amazons the user reviews were at about 1.9 with 90% being verified purchases. Now it has all been memory holed.
    https://www.bestbuy.com/site/reviews...2224?variant=A

If it was anything like the Best Buy reviews, it's because the reviews have nothing to do with the game and are instead complaining about the stores failure to deliver on time. So not too much of value was lost.

Trying to see if there's any actual info/way to see what they were before but not turning anything up so far.

Im glad in this case.
    Because the last thing we need is the "outrage" people win a internet war.´
    Its time to settle down boys.

3+ Year Old Account

it doesnt matter that they were verified purchases since the game is ~15-18hours and the game wasnt out for that long at all, so even if they started to play instantly and didnt stand up (which isnt likely) those were actual normal reviews but just the mainstream acting as always
    MMO-Champion Forum
    noun

1. a place where people who stopped playing World of Warcraft 10 years ago gather to tell those who still enjoy the game, how bad it is right now.