Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    What about human centiped xD ?

Quote Originally Posted by Chromell View Post
    I used to like Riverdale, season 1. Even with it being all teen drama and shit, it actually had a decent plot, but it all went down the drain season 2, and it only kept sinking as it progressed.

Supernatural was another series where they dropped the ball. It had so much potential when they reached Lucifer. But on seasons 7+ it all became so convoluted. Not to mention the ever-present queerbaiting.
    There was queerbaiting in Supernatural? Didnt notice any hints of girl on girl stuff -- where'd you see?

Quote Originally Posted by exochaft View Post
    For my guilty pleasure, how about Event Horizon? I wish there was a full version of the film available, since supposedly the movie was drastically cut down in length because there was too much gore/violence in the original cut. Probably has one of the most believable lines of dialogue after a main character witnesses something horrific: "We're leaving."
    IMO doesn’t count as in a lot of respects it’s v good. I know Sam Neill is ridiculous in it, but e.g., the music is absolutely brilliant & the visual fx is great for a mid 90s sci-fi (the last scenes of hell consuming the ship are actually pretty disturbing). Not sure I’d want to see a version with more gore in it!

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    There was queerbaiting in Supernatural? Didnt notice any hints of girl on girl stuff -- where'd you see?
    I refer to guy on guy. There's plenty of Dean + Castiel innuendo (plus the show loves jokes where the punchline is "haha, gay").

Always had a soft spot for the bat-nipples Batman.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

I wouldn't say I love it, but the first Scary Movie film is something of a guilty pleasure of mine. A lot of the humor in it has aged like sunbathed milk, though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    I unapologetically love

its an awful movie by pretty much every standard, but i love it to pieces anyways
    It's definitely the best big-budget D&D movie. At least it's a fun watch, unlike the other two.
    Last edited by Theoris; 2020-06-21 at 05:29 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Starship Troopers.

It's so bad, it's good.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by PrimiOne View Post
    I don't know how to interpret this question:

A) Movies that are considered horrible movies but you disagree they are bad.
    B) Movies that are considered horrible movies and you agree but despite all the obvious flaws still have some charm that makes you like them.

I'll go for B).

Tron Legacy.

Let's try forgetting all the mistakes ( but try hard lol...the nonsense the script is, that abomination of youg Jeff Bridges CGI ...). So why do I like it ?

1. The original Tron is one the movies that have a bigger impact on me being a kid. It creates nostalgy.
    2. I love the aesthetics a lot. The atmosphere , the clothes , that Olivia Wylde's crazy haircut...
    3. I love the OST. Daft Punk is amazing there:Arena,Derezzed,End of the Line, Solar Sailer...

So when most people are asking themselves "What the fuck is the story they are trying ( focus on trying) to tell?" I'm just seeing a 90 minutes Daft Punk videoclip that I love.

Beau Garrett’s ass, and the rest of her were also a huge plus in that film.

- - - Updated - - -

Danger5

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Z09bNgSeMI

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Starship Troopers.

It's so bad, it's good.
    the fun thing about Starship Troopers is that as an adaptation of a book - it is an abject failure. but as a war movie satire? its pretty brilliant. I just wish they didn't associated it with a book in any way and just made it its own thing.

I enjoy watching campy b horror movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Theoris View Post
    I wouldn't say I love it, but the first Scary Movie film is something of a guilty pleasure of mine. A lot of the humor in it has aged like sunbathed milk, though.

- - - Updated - - -

It's definitely the best big-budget D&D movie. At least it's a fun watch, unlike the other two.
    Jeremy Irons chewing the scenery alone makes this movie more fun then any of those other DnD adaptations where everyone took themselves way too seriously. IMO

Supernatural.

I don't even love it, I am merely committed by now

Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    the fun thing about Starship Troopers is that as an adaptation of a book - it is an abject failure. but as a war movie satire? its pretty brilliant. I just wish they didn't associated it with a book in any way and just made it its own thing.
    It wasn't even an adaption of the book. Verhoeven didn't even read the book. They actually had a script for a movie called something ridiculous like Bug Hunt on Planet Nine, heard the rights for the book were available, bought them, changed a few names and called it a day. If he had read the book he'd have known the main character was actually Filipino. And that power armour is kinda central to the book....

But it is kinda a fun, mindless movie.

You cant call Starship Trooper a terrible movie.....

Its a parody on Militarism and Propaganda. It would be like calling The Princess Bride a terrible movie.

No you just didnt "Get it"
    Comes a time when we all gotta die...even kings.

10+ Year Old Account
    True Blood even after season 4. Still love it.
    Movies I really love that are terrible include the Piranha remake, Deep Blue Sea, and City of a Thousand Planets (and so many more)
    ”I've walked the realms of the dead. I have seen the infinite dark. Nothing you say. Or do. Could possibly frighten me."-Sylvanas Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by PrimiOne View Post
    Tron Legacy.

Let's try forgetting all the mistakes ( but try hard lol...the nonsense the script is, that abomination of youg Jeff Bridges CGI ...). So why do I like it ?

1. The original Tron is one the movies that have a bigger impact on me being a kid. It creates nostalgy.
    2. I love the aesthetics a lot. The atmosphere , the clothes , that Olivia Wylde's crazy haircut...
    3. I love the OST. Daft Punk is amazing there:Arena,Derezzed,End of the Line, Solar Sailer...

So when most people are asking themselves "What the fuck is the story they are trying ( focus on trying) to tell?" I'm just seeing a 90 minutes Daft Punk videoclip that I love.
    2 of those 3 reasons hit home for why I enjoy Tron Legacy as well.

Especially the OST. This movie was the first movie, in a long while, that inspired me to buy the soundtrack. It's just that good, the fact that it was done entirely by Daft Punk only made the choice all the more easier.

I really never cared for the original Tron though, I didn't hate it; I just didn't enjoy it.

As for other movies? Someone mentioned Predator 2, and I am like, "What?" The only thing missing from that movie is Mel Gibson and it could be Predator Meets The Lethal Weapon! (mainly an anecdote played on the fact that it stars both Gary Busey and Danny Glover)

Now here comes something scandalous. I like Prometheus and Alien Covenant. No, not for the stupid crew; but for world building. Is that the right term? World building? Universe building? Lets go with Universe building. Oh, and Michael Fassbender. His character(s) in these films were the most interesting aspect when it comes to the characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
    It wasn't even an adaption of the book. Verhoeven didn't even read the book. They actually had a script for a movie called something ridiculous like Bug Hunt on Planet Nine, heard the rights for the book were available, bought them, changed a few names and called it a day. If he had read the book he'd have known the main character was actually Filipino. And that power armour is kinda central to the book....

But it is kinda a fun, mindless movie.
    oh I do not doubt it. the only things it has in common with the book are names of some of the characters and that there is a war with aliens that are bug like. I just think it may actualy have been received better if it stayed its own thing and didn't try to claim any association with the book.

but seriously, if you just take it as its own thing and don't expect book adaptation - it is a very clever satire.

Keyboard Turner
    3+ Year Old Account
    I don't think it's terrible for me. But I love to watch this movie. Whenever I am free and don't have much work in hand I don't hesitate to watch this movie for free. I use a free source for watching movies online. How about you guys?