Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    3+ Year Old Account

If people REALLY want 4th specs...

Edit: Will you read the freaking post? Nowhere in it am I advocating for more specs. This has nothing to do with current class/spec balance. Jeez man come on.

Then I've got a game for you all.

Think of a gameplay or Warcraft lore archetype that has not been covered by one of the current World of Warcraft classes in any version of the game.

Whatever it is you post, the next person will try to debunk it, followed by their own idea. So on and so forth, with this we will hopefully get a better look at what exactly World of Warcraft hasn't done with their classes. Or it will devolve into a Sylvanas thread but I'm willing to take that risk!

I'll start:

A battlefield medic that uses first aid, alchemy and strategic positioning to support allies. Strong spot healing and HOTs at the cost of lower range, versatile support toolkit with middling mobility.

Whether it's a shite example or not, I don't think we see this in today's game. Now prove me wrong!
    Last edited by Sagenod; 2020-06-20 at 02:35 PM.

Do we REALLY need 43767 threads on this topic? There won't be any new specs and there won't be any new classes. Theres nothing that can be done with 40 specs that cannot be done with 36.

They aren't making 12 specs at once. It is just not happening. This is a non issue.

Recall they wouldn't even do 3 for DH.

Blizzard cant even balance the specs they have now, why make more?

I'd rather they let the art team run wild and do hero class skins for classes, in the vein of green fire but a little more elaborate

Quote Originally Posted by Sagenod View Post
    A battlefield medic that uses first aid, alchemy and strategic positioning to support allies. Strong spot healing and HOTs at the cost of lower range, versatile support toolkit with middling mobility.
    A healer with reduced range is certainly new. Whether it's a good idea is another thing.

My idea would be a healer, that summons/conjures/builds a demon/Health globe/medipack as some sort of life pool, which he can distribute at will among his party if healing is needed. Conversely if the group is at full health, the healer siphons health from the party to the health storage device to recharge it.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    A healer with reduced range is certainly new. Whether it's a good idea is another thing.

My idea would be a healer, that summons/conjures/builds a demon/Health globe/medipack as some sort of life pool, which he can distribute at will among his party if healing is needed. Conversely if the group is at full health, the healer siphons health from the party to the health storage device to recharge it.
    Thank you for participating, unlike the people that replied before who apparently don't comprehend the purpose of this thread.

I mean it's not entirely unheard of with the holy paladin mastery, but it certainly isn't something that's being delved into.

I've always wanted to see a "reservoir" type mechanic that you manage through healing and dealing damage. Would be cool to see it done with blood DK's in some capacity.

I don't ask for much, I just want hunters to have 3 specs.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think class skins would be a great addition, but that's just me.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lothal View Post
    I REALLY like both presented ideas and I think it could be a great way to introduce a healing spec to the Alchemist / Tinker combo so many people want.
    Agreed 100%. Lots of people advocate for the Tinker which would be awesome. I could see it happening, but I could also see it not happening on the grounds that engineering is meant to cover that archetype. But they don't want to make engineering that interesting so people asking for Tinkers does make sense. They definitely need to jump on the opportunity to create a "scientist" class in general by merging engineering and alchemy together. That way two big lore archetypes could be filled that people have been asking for: Gnome/Goblin Tinkers and Forsaken Apothecaries. It would also cover various other minor archetypes such as battlefield medics, tacticians, artillery experts and demolitionists.
    Last edited by Sagenod; 2020-06-20 at 09:51 PM.

3+ Year Old Account
    Edit: Will you read the freaking post? Nowhere in it am I advocating for more specs. This has nothing to do with current class/spec balance. Jeez man come on.

Think of a gameplay or Warcraft lore archetype that has not been covered by one of the current World of Warcraft classes in any version of the game.

Whatever it is you post, the next person will try to debunk it, followed by their own idea. So on and so forth, with this we will hopefully get a better look at what exactly World of Warcraft hasn't done with their classes. Or it will devolve into a Sylvanas thread but I'm willing to take that risk!
    That's very true. From my time on here, I've seen several threads derail into... another opinion on something, including threads I've made

I'll start:

Whether it's a shite example or not, I don't think we see this in today's game. Now prove me wrong!
    Would this be available to all classes? Plus, it would bring back First Aid, in a different vein
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    They aren't making 12 specs at once. It is just not happening. This is a non issue.

Recall they wouldn't even do 3 for DH.
    They don't have to make 12 all at once. They could easily make a few specs per xpac.

10+ Year Old Account
    Some sort of psychic powers illusionist fighter.

We keep having all these Old God style whispers this, driving mad that, but what if we get a class that actually does that to our enemies and specializes on altering reality, illusions and manipulation.

It could be some sort of 1-20 range character that is sort of melee, but fights only with conjured weapons that act like stances/auras (as in choose one conjured weapon out of 3, melee psyblade, short range psy chakram and maybe even charged firsts with balls of energy or some shit like that, switch at will), summons additional conjured weapons as nukes to fly at and pierce enemies and uses illusions and mind tricks as defensive/offensive abilities and telekinesis.

Think some sort WoW take on Star Wars force user of either side with extra illusions and mind play.
    Last edited by Gaidax; 2020-06-20 at 10:14 PM.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Some sort of psychic powers illusionist fighter.

We keep having all these Old God style whispers this, driving mad that, but what if we get a class that actually does that to our enemies and specializes on altering reality, illusions and manipulation.

It could be some sort of 1-20 range character that is sort of melee, but fights only with conjured weapons that act like stances/auras (as in choose one conjured weapon out of 3, melee psyblade, short range psy chakram and maybe even charged firsts with balls of energy or some shit like that, switch at will), summons additional conjured weapons as nukes to fly at and pierce enemies and uses illusions and mind tricks as defensive/offensive abilities and telekinesis.

Think some sort WoW take on Star Wars force user of either side with extra illusions and mind play.
    That reminds me of Wildstar's Esper, which was the class I played when I tried the game. Very cool, I've always loved the concept of "weapon-casting," summoning or slinging swords.

3+ Year Old Account
    That reminds me of Wildstar's Esper, which was the class I played when I tried the game. Very cool, I've always loved the concept of "weapon-casting," summoning or slinging swords.
    There's also the Mesmer from GW, that's an illusionist and attacks by having their weapons levitate. Kind of like they're puppeteering their weapons? I hope I described that properly. There's also the Psionist in Allods Online who doesn't use weapons at all but burns and twists their foes by using mental powers

Would be cool to see something like that in WoW
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account

I'll start:

why did you make a new thread instead of posting in the one already there?

Quote Originally Posted by Itori View Post
    Blizzard cant even balance the specs they have now, why make more?
    Because, judging from Corruptions, their stance on balance seems to be 'whatever, fuck it' at this point. Might as well shit out 20 new specs, of which 17 are melee, 4 of them on a Mage.

Spellblades - Cloth armored mages wielding an arsenal of summoned weapons as well as a blade(s) with powerful enchantments. Derived from Scarlet Battle Mages who were crazy fuckers that would charge a group of scourge and blast them to ashes then stab them to pieces.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    why did you make a new thread instead of posting in the one already there?
    Why did you not read the OP? This is one of those forum game type threads like Corrupt-A-Wish only in this instance you describe your theoretical 4th spec and other posters are suppose to explain why it would or wouldn't work. OP added that edit for a reason.

4th spec to Shaman would be great, the Tank one, it fits really good with the class (shamans were able to "tank" in vanilla-early expansions). Wearing mail, 1h and shield, using defensive earth shields, totems for dmge mitigating (earth), dodge (wind), healing (water)..., AOE aggro with weapon enhance so melee hit jumps between enemies like a chain lighting (Thrall abilitie in HoTS). Could be very interesting and bring more popularity to the class.

3th spec to DH would be great too, a Ranged spec (Retail WoW really needs a new ranged spec, since there is no new ranged spec in wow history, only MeleeDPS, Tanks and a Healer). Could use Bow, Crossbow and Gun as weapon, I imagine some kind of ranged with high mobility, demon-vil based magic abilities, slows, leeching, dodge defensive CD, etc...

Finally, I would say a 4th spec to Hunter, a Healer spec, the Bard. Some kind of healer-support that works a bit like Disc Priest. Bard can buff, shield and aoe heal with "song" abilities, then he can deal dmge and heal the buffed allies a % of the damage done. Big powerfull aoe CDs for buffing and shielding for raids and M+, a bit of mobility with speed increase cds and maybe a dash. Could also have a offensive CD which summons a pet who attack the enemies, the damage deal by the pet also heals buffed allies (like Monk's Chi-Ji or Priest shadowfiend)

That would be my bet for best specs to be added to the game which fits good in the game and could be fun to play with.
    WoW Player 2005-2014 2016-2021
    TBC > Vanilla > WotLK=Cata=Legion > MoP > Shadowlands > BfA > WoD