Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Well, you also seem to like Kargath, so I shouldn't be surprised.
    Kargath's awesome! I love every Warlord not called Durotan and Deadeye "I have no personality personality" Kilrogg, but that's because Orcs in general are written to be bad asses. Malfurion, the paragon of male Night Elf lore couldn't be more cringe, in my opinion.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharnie786 View Post
    Nope, that's what is believed but this isn't fact. But even if it was, I didn't say Trolls need to be removed.
    No, it is a fact.

Night elves evolved from dark trolls that settled around the WoE.

Formerly known as Arafal

But we are not talking about how armor fits them, this is about the model itself.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    I disagree. Nightborne, in the much shortest lifespan in which they've been introduced, are already much more interesting to me than their tree-dwelling counterparts. It's like comparing James Bond who can do magic to like, a hobo who can use Regrowth but doesn't because he's too busy getting captured by Xavius.
    Nahhh i disagree on disagreement. Nightborne are sadly very inferior to night elves and unfinished. They have all the same faces, have a suuuuuper weird slow mo run and weird animations. Like they lack frames or sth. Tried to play them but night elves are always my fav elves
    Zorn | Vynd | Pheraz | Sylwina | Mondlicht | Eis | Blut | Emerelle - Plus 20 more...

Without NE there would be no other Elves in WoW.
    Um, you do realize that this is Blizzard We are talking about here, right? The game company that "mysteriously" discovered an entire city full of Variant Elves pretty much entirely to act as an ass-pull lore mcguffin for an expansion? If they wanted to, it would take them all of 10 seconds to pull an entirely different Elf Race completely unrelated to Night Elves on an undiscovered continent out of their ass if they felt an expansion warranted it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pheraz View Post
    Nahhh i disagree on disagreement. Nightborne are sadly very inferior to night elves and unfinished. They have all the same faces, have a suuuuuper weird slow mo run and weird animations. Like they lack frames or sth. Tried to play them but night elves are always my fav elves
    weird. my fury Nightborne feels just like a horde Night elf with shiny tattoos. no joke.

I disagree. Nightborne, in the much shortest lifespan in which they've been introduced, are already much more interesting to me than their tree-dwelling counterparts. It's like comparing James Bond who can do magic to like, a hobo who can use Regrowth but doesn't because he's too busy getting captured by Xavius.
    Too bad the Nightborne models, especially the female model, are far from finished. I'm especially bothered by the female model running animation, which looks so robotic, like it's really just made of two frames, it even spazes out in the Wowhead dressing room, like the running animation just keeps resetting.

These are beta models at best, and it doesn't look like Blizzard will fix them in SL neither.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm incredibly unhappy with the new male NE model.

Yeah-ah. Motherfuckers have terrible waists, man boobs and postures.

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    The males are ugly post WoD, I own one and kinda regret it. Their faces will be fixed with the new seperate eyebrow option, but their body is just...

On the other hand the female NE has my favorite body type in the game, tall and slim, tmog looks great, weapons look 100% well sized. Now with headresses and golden eyes the Azshara fantasy is going to blow up. And I don't own one... yet!

Nope, that's what is believed but this isn't fact. But even if it was, I didn't say Trolls need to be removed.
    you said there would be no elves without nelfs. but since they are decended from trolls, there will still be elves

on warcraft wiki, lore, canon lore. just google it, you'll find it :

"All elves and subsequent evolutions of elves originated with the dark trolls, but the first race of elves to appear on Azeroth were the night elves of Kalimdor. It was later that the kaldorei split and the various other races branched off."

a hobo who can use Regrowth but doesn't because he's too busy getting captured by Xavius.
    This made me actually lol.

You evolved from ancient apes, are you the same as those ancient apes?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yorimar View Post
    Elves evolved from Trolls.
    You evolved from ancient apes, are you the same as those ancient apes?

10+ Year Old Account
    One of the worst models, I agree. Ever see a male night elf cast? It looks like they're trying to pinch a loaf while throwing a fire ball. Just . . . bad.

My favorite animation? Seeing them die.

As melee, I guess they're alright, but their casting animations suck hard, and their weird triangle torso is just . . . weird.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    They need shorter arms and smaller hands, would look fine then
    Almost every model in game needs smaller hands. Female night elves have big ass Lana Kane hands too.

- - - Updated - - -

Kargath's awesome! I love every Warlord not called Durotan and Deadeye "I have no personality personality" Kilrogg, but that's because Orcs in general are written to be bad asses. Malfurion, the paragon of male Night Elf lore couldn't be more cringe, in my opinion.
    Oh god, Valsharah and Dark Heart Thicket. By the end of the quest line and the dungeon I was on Xavius's side. Fuck Malfurion. Some of the worst voice acting right there. Tyrande was pretty bad too.
    Putin khuliyo

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    No, I love the Night Elves. Bad Male NE models and faces does not mean the race needs cancelling. Without NE there would be no other Elves in WoW.

As for characters Broll, Kur'talos, Fandral, Valstann, Xavius (even though he's a Satyr now), Jarod, and Mordent are all key Male NE figures.
    Female ones include; Tyrande, Maiev, Shandris, Lady Vashj, and Azshara.

Night Elves in Warcraft had no faction because they were strong on their own. All that's happened is Blizzard have purposely neglected Night Elves in wow and made them look weak.
    TBF, speaking as someone who played a male NE for many years, I'd say overall the females have a higher quantity of more impactful names.

Most of the male names are pretty throw-away, but Tyrande? Maiev? Shandris? Vashj and Azshara? All of them are pretty major.

Xavius answered to the last two females listed.
    Honestly don't even remember Mordent, Valstann, or Broll (how bad should I feel?), Kur'talos hardly has played a role in the game in yeeeeears (Ravenholdt in Legion wasn't big enough to really be "key"), Fandral was killed in Firelands a decade ago, and finally Jarod, who is a bro, but unfortunately doesn't play any major role nowadays and hardly did for the majority of WoW.

Meanwhile...
    Tyrande has been the leader of the Night Elves since before WoW.
    Maiev is the leader of the Wardens.
    Shandris is the leader of her groupie of Night Elven warriors/has a stronghold in Feralas.
    Vashj is well, VASHJ.
    Azshara is /still/ around even after being in not one but two raids this expansion. Her role is clearly massive.

Do Malfurion and Illidan outrank these? Maybe, probably, but the ladies have a buncha leaders. ^_^
    Maybe the difference is the males have the heroes.

Anyways, I'm ranting and raving, just the way you mentioned it it almost sounded like we were having a battle of the sexes, Night Elf edition! :P
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

You're a Hordie so you would say that. Without Night Elves there would be no Nightbourne. They're literally Night Elves that used a different source for magic. Even their in game models are Night Elf based.

Maybe try again?

You're a Hordie so you would say that. Without Night Elves there would be no Nightbourne. They're literally Night Elves that used a different source for magic. Even their in game models are Night Elf based.

Maybe try again?
    I actually play both factions and scoff at the concept of "faction loyalty" in a video game, but I don't see how that would obstruct my ability to critique one of the races featured in the game. I get that, big whoop, without Trolls, there would be no Night Elves, and I don't very much like Trolls either. How well they're written and presented in-game is more important than how cool the writing team tells you they are. Their writing in WoW has been shit for the entirety of the game, and the small taste of Nightborne we've gotten has gotten me more interested in them as a sub-race than Night Elves. I'm supposed to like Night Elves why? It's not a faction thing. They've been badly written.

No, I love the Night Elves. Bad Male NE models and faces does not mean the race needs cancelling. Without NE there would be no other Elves in WoW.

As for characters Broll, Kur'talos, Fandral, Valstann, Xavius (even though he's a Satyr now), Jarod, and Mordent are all key Male NE figures.
    Female ones include; Tyrande, Maiev, Shandris, Lady Vashj, and Azshara.

Night Elves in Warcraft had no faction because they were strong on their own. All that's happened is Blizzard have purposely neglected Night Elves in wow and made them look weak.
    Sharpie, you forgot Prince Farondis, best new night elf character, loved everything about him..they need to make them alive and play a role.

But Nelf males do need a lot of work, as OO said it was shocking how they got worse from classic models in their revamp.

The neck posture is bad,, men in robes look horrible, and the faces are mostly ugly, way too ugly for an elf.

The beards need more than 1 cool one, even the new beards are not enough.

They lack X-factor features, which Thalassian males have, which is why I understand Kyohael's joke